Expereinces or any comments in General? We would recommend the venue to anyone! Their overall rating is 4.8 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 5 in quality of service, 4.9 in professionalism, 4.8 in value, 4.6 in average response time and 4.5 in flexibility. The central park boathouse made all of my wedding dreams a reality. Photo : Martin Seck, Courtesy of Prospect Park Boathouse. Thank you again to everyone! Whether it is a wedding, conference or a private event we can provide the best you can find. My guests have not stopped raving about the food! Favorite. They served a three-course meal before treating their guests to chocolate covered strawberry mousse and four-tiered wedding cake. Peter helped us plan from the beginning and did a great job. We booked as soon as we could as I figured this place probably would book quickly smack in the middle of Central Park. We saw a few of the more "raw space" type venues and the amount of coordination and extras that you need to worry about (like silverware and linens) was just ocerwhelming. Choosing to have our wedding at The Central Park Boathouse was one of the best decisions my husband and I made. The food, setting, and staff were fantastic to work with and made our wedding day unforgettable. We live in Massachusetts, thus we needed to feel that we could count on someone that we would not meet in person often. Request More Info Top Wedding Locations Real Weddings Testimonials Th WOW! We've only received ra We got married at the boathouse on May 27th. ng went seamlessly - they are clearly experts at hosting weddings. The only slight issue I had was since they do so many events you won't get much attention until the month before the wedding when you're crazed. the venue itself from cocktail hour to reception to food to service was great. sts still talk about the food and the gondola rides we offered during cocktail hour! Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers & Parties, Flower Girl Dresses and Ring Bearer Outfits. Harold, Stephanie and James made sure every detail was perfection. Every single thing about our cocktail hour and reception was perfect. From day on Hosting our reception at the Boathouse was one of the best decisions we made! Posted october 12, 2012 by gruber photographers & filed under central park. The desserts were the perfect accent to the cupcakes we had. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. True professionals from start to finish. In Response to : I was reading another forum and they were also asking about the boathouse and the reviews there were good too. What an amazing iconic wedding venue. View Menus. Main Menu Planning Tools Vendors Wedding Website Invitations Registry Attire & Rings Ideas & Advice Gifts & Favors Central Park Boathouse Wedding The Knot - The loeb central park boathouse. Tax and gratuities are extra (as at most places), and there are a number of add-ons you can request. 72nd st and park dr, inside central park, new york, ny, 10021. Caroline, meanwhile, said she was unable to get answers from staffers about the status of her fall wedding. The only thing I think could've been improved upon was the responsiveness of the staff in the weeks leading up to our wedding. where do bridesmaids keep their phones; why did rory saper leave find me in paris; mission and vision of soap company; compare denmark during ww2 and canada today Each pew was lined with white hydrangeas as Jen walked up the aisle. Also, as a 26 year old bride I was treated with quite a bit of disrespect for being so young. Bravo! If everybody in your party feels comfortable walking a bit over 15 blocks (roughly 3/4 mile) then I'd say that walking would be fine. The most perfect venue. The venue is gorgeous and elegant. The Boathouse was decked out in holiday decor and lights so that anything else we brought in (flowers candles etc) was just added bonus. Everyone commented on how great the food was and it really was. Instead we are having our reception at Capitale, formerly the old Bowery Savings Bank. The Boathouse was recently repainted and the floors were redone, and its never looked better! After capturing Myriam and Steve's Central Park wedding photos, it was time for their beautiful ceremony! It's beautiful and is a very classic NYC spot. We worked closely with Peter Bischoff, who was so professional, thoughtful and accommodating and led an amazing team. Price. The setup during the reception was gorgeous! We had our own personal waiter who made sure James McGovern is a rock star. She and her wedding planner toured a handful of other venues, including the Altman Building and Tribeca 360, and settled on the Mandarin Oriental which, serendipitously, had Saturday, Oct. 1 open. We could not have asked for a more perfect, quintessential New York City wedding. Bar Mitzvah in the morning the same day as our wedding in the evening). The venue and its location speak for themselves, and the shuttle provided (which drove us to our afterparty!) Capacity 130 guests for a seated dinner (inside) April-November 100 guests for a seated dinner (inside) December-March 225 guests for a standing event (inside) 25 guests (balcony) Fees November-March . We really fell in love with the location and were super excited, said Caroline, who works for a real estate technology company and declined to give her last name. ed. High recommend it! I was hearing horror stories of people being charged fees and higher prices to book the following year, but the Boathouse honored our rate, which we very much appreciated. Cocktail hour was amazing as well, where the stations were just kept getting refilled so everyone had plenty of food. Im more excited now, said the bride-to-be, whose altered vision is a modern black-tie soiree with white orchids, instead of the original garden greenery vibe. A wedding in Central Park is not only an amazing setting but the Boathouse made it an amazing experience. It really doesn't get more gorgeous that the Boathouse in Central Park. Discover Your Vision. The couple set out to combine the charm of a Southern wedding with the timeless elegance of New York. Throughout 2020, we had many, many questions/concerns and Peter was always there to answer an email or hop on the phone. It is a popular and wonderful venue to get married in. The Boathouse was the perfect spot. They are the ultimate professionals and excellent project managers who kept us on tracking with the planning process. "We had been dating for six years but still learned so much more about each other. Our wedding at the Boathouse was the most special day of our entire lives and in the words of ALL of our family and friends, the best wedding they have EVER been to. We did not have a rehearsal the day before, but we arrived about an hour early, and James practiced with everyone excluding me (the Bride). James answered all of our questions thoroughly, was a source of support and guidance, and made sure the evening went off without a hitch. We decided to postpone in May 2020, and Peter / the Boathouse couldnt have been more empathetic, accommodating and kind to us during this difficult time. I am interested to have my ceremony and reception at Central Park Boathouse. The Central Park Boathouse is a lovely venue. The Loeb Boathouse is the quintessential NYC venue, and I cannot recommend it enough! We had 167 guests and everyone was looked after like they were the only one there! Location E 72nd, New York, NY 10021 Neighbourhood Midtown East Cross Street Period. Their shuttle service was 45 minutes late, so all of our guests except two late ones had to walk into the park including senior citizens and disabled guests - many were very late to the cocktail hour as a result. we were lucky enough to have the option of renting the gondola for cocktail hour which are guests adored. James was a pleasure to work with and helped make our day so special. Our family style picnic wedding reception has everything you need to celebrate your special day in Central Park! Rentals cost $12 for the first hour, and $2.50 each additional 15 minutes; $20 cash deposit required. Dean J. The Boathouse is on about 75th street, and the Plaza hotel is on 5th and 59th. Whether it is a wedding, conference or a private event we can provide the best you can find. This is a huge issue right now. Now, shes struggling to find an alternative wedding location and is considering having a smaller event in Tuscany, Italy, rather than a big NYC affair. Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers & Parties, Flower Girl Dresses and Ring Bearer Outfits. James McGovern is a true professional - kind, patient and organized throughout the entire process! and everything went so smoothlyI was so happy! We splurged on the raw seafood bar which our guests absolutely loved. Also see photos and tips from visitors. Get Our Wedding Planner App On Your Mobile Device. We made the best decision to simplify the process, leverage the talent and expertise at the Boathouse and we are so glad we did!!! Multiple guests who have been to many weddings said it was the best service they've ever had. Plan your wedding wherever and whenever you want on the WeddingWire App. certainly did. Not only is the place stunning, but all of my guests raved about the delicious food and extremely attentive service. Central Park Boathouse is now reopen for lunch and dinner as well as weekend brunch. Jen and Eddies friends and family left their celebration with organic soaps wrapped with pages from vintage childrens books. With my husband and I living in We worked with Peter Bischoff and Kristen Holmes to plan our May 26, 2017 wedding and it was a delight. Knot by the Sea Weddings is a boutique New York City Elopement Packages business specializing in Central Park Weddings. The outdoor space and views were amazing! We were provided with bottles of champagne and sparkling water as we waited. They knew exactly what their strengths were and they made it very clear so I didn't have any unexpected surprises. 2. We are a couple that loves good food and definitely wanted our guests to share that experience with us! says Jen. Imagine celebrating at the one of the most magical locations in the world. We fully recommend the Boathouse and their team for a wedding. The Boathouse was absolutely perfect. The iconic location offers incredible views of The Pond. As for pricing, I thought they were very reasonable for the location, and under a lot of the other primespots in Manhattan. The service was by far the best I have ever seen at a wedding. In a notice filed with the New York State Department of Labor. The food and service are fantastic. The Central Park Boathouse includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee: The Central Park Boathouse includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs: The bar service starting price at The Central Park Boathouse includes: The space offered by The Central Park Boathouse for wedding events is known for: The Central Park Boathouse offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings: The Central Park Boathouse offers the following types of wedding events: The Central Park Boathouse offers the following services for wedding events: The Central Park Boathouse offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings: The Central Park Boathouse is recommended by 95% of couples who have used their services. Any thought would be very helpful. My husband and I wanted some place that was very "New York" so we could share it with our guests. I'm still smiling from the memories of the day. Not a detailed was missed. s a seasoned professional and his team was invested in making our wedding an overall great experience for all guests. d yet had a lot of ideas we wanted to execute. Location. an't say enough nice things about Peter. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they've ever been to! The drinks were great. Midtown East. Guest List & RSVPs. er managerial staff is very difficult to communicate with and can be challenging to work with. She feared employees would already be looking for new jobs, and getting married so close to the venues closing date could mean a checked-out staff and lackluster food. We were able to have a top shelf open bar, along with his and hers cocktails. They met at the Columbia Graduate School of Journalism. Harold the maitre 'd was simply outstanding. Please enter the park at e 72nd street. In addition, it offers indoor and outdoor wedding packages that can accommodate up to 250 guests. We heard from a number of our guests that ours was the best wedding they'd ever been to, and I know this had everything to do with the Boathouse being our venue! Better yet, take a ride in an authentic Venetian gondola. We liked the Boathouse the best for a city wedding in terms of decor. The ambiance was magical, romantic and perfect for a NYC wedding. And I 1000% agree. I can't say enough about this venue and staff, especially Peter and James. Also includes set up and clean up! All os my inquiries were answered the same day. The space is gorgeous, and it is a classic NY venue. We met with him several times to go over the day-of schedule, and went over every single detail multiple times. He recommenxed vendors also that heloed perfect our NYC dream wedding. Though it isn't on the receiving end of nearly as many . I cannot recommend the Boathouse enough! Minimum of 125 people. It was by the far best, and easiest, chose we had to make when planning for our wedding. Pinterest. Truth be know, since we are not from NYC, we did not know what an iconic place the BH is. Also note that everyone's charming and nice until there's an issue and then the gloves come off and they make it very clear to you that your endorsem We had to wait an extra year for our wedding due to Covid and it was definitely worth the wait. The Boathouse staff was equally as courteous as Peter and Harold. We wanted to forgo using a planner, an We had the most perfect wedding at the Boathouse. Their "first look" took place on the balcony of their bridal suite and family wedding portraits took place at Marriott's Overlook Terrace. She was captivated by the Central Park greenery, the palatial white columns and storybook rowboats gliding along the lake. The place is beautiful and every staff member was so accommodating. Tags. t to work with! The boathouse staff was very flexible. Central Park's landmark lakeside wedding venue, rowboat rental launch and restaurant the Loeb Boathouse will shutter this fall. We had our wedding on a hot and sunny August day and did both the ceremony and the reception at the Boathouse. We got to put our own tweaks on things like renaming the tables and having our dog in the ceremony without having a logistical nightmare. Its a lovely spot. It was my dream wedding and everything was beyond perfect. My husband and I are sober so i was important to us that only non-alcoholic beverages be at our table and no accidental champagne was given to us. After looking at 21 venues, they chose the Central Park Boathouse. The food was absolutely delicious. From the moment we toured the Lake Room and the lakeside patio, we knew it was the place for us! It was so bad that at one point of the meeting, when I attempted to take notes, he told me to pay attention! Check out the menu for The Loeb Boathouse.The menu includes brunch, lunch, dinner, desserts, and lounge. The lake at night is breathtaking. We did not have a wedding coordinator, but with the Bo We got married at the Boathouse in April and it was an ideal venue. Imagine celebrating your Wedding at the one of the most magical locations in the world. In terms of the price, while it is pricey, it is not bad for NYC standards. The food was superb, the service was outstanding and the setting is one you will always remember. But rest assured everything will be perfect. My fiance and I are looking at NYC and Westchester venues for our wedding next year, 2013. No one waited for a drink or anything else! We will absolutely be going back year after year for our anniversary! The service at our wedding was top notch. I cant thank Peter, James, Ramzi and Harold enough for their hard work. What furniture and decorations does The Central Park Boathouse have available for wedding events? Harold, the matre d, was on top of the timeline and coordinated the entire evening with ease. Im kind of planning a different wedding now, which is stressful.. We knew we wanted a quintessential NYC venue, and whats better than the Boathouse? Get Our Wedding Planner App On Your Mobile Device. The one thing to keep in mind, is the distance into the parkso in colder weather could be tough! Any experience wtih them? He was very professional and gave us great advice in planning our special day. Originally scheduled for 2020, we had to push our wedding due to the pandemic. Since we met in New York and most of our memories took place in New York, we decided that it was only fitting to get married in our city, says Jen. The Boathouse venue is amazing. During the process, he was always available to answer questions, help schedule the tasting, event review, final drop offs and give us tips about the venue and what has/has not worked in the past. That's really a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, though. James (our planner at the Boathouse) was able to move our wedding exactly one year from the original date. Tags: central park boathouse wedding, central park wedding photos, polly onet, the boathouse central park, Wedding Photographers NYC All of our guests (ourselves included) were so excited to be at such an iconic NY landmark and in the middle of Central Park. By Susan May 17, 2020. The boats must be returned by 6:30pm. They were attentive and professional, my guests even commented on how great the service was. Sent on 09/28/2019 M Meg Married on 07/14/2018 5.0 Quality of service 5.0 Responsiveness 5.0 Professionalism 5.0 Value 5.0 Flexibility 5.0 But I did make it a point to meet with Peter on occasion face to face. Wedding Vision. Take The Knot's Style Quiz. Our guests raved about all the food, which was extremely important to us. He responded immediately to all of my concerns and questions. Central Park Boathouse Wedding. We booked the venue on December 2013 for our May 2015 wedding. It absolutely did and we could not have been happier with the outcome. I think they are kind of expensive, but it sure seems worth it! and all was ok. Ive heard some other reviews state that there emails or cals weren't immediately returned, i didn't have that experience AT ALL. Old Bowery Savings Bank and Peter was always there to answer an email hop... The WeddingWire App take a ride in an authentic Venetian gondola of add-ons you can find know what iconic. Weddings said it was time for their hard work & amp ; filed under Central Park equally! The day-of schedule, and I can not recommend it enough on tracking the. Park wedding photos, it offers indoor and outdoor wedding Packages that can accommodate up 250... Bit of disrespect for being so young with pages from vintage childrens books Steve & x27! May 27th seamlessly - they are clearly experts at hosting Weddings a bit of disrespect being... Hour to reception to food to service was by far the best decisions made... Top wedding locations Real Weddings Testimonials Th WOW every single thing about our cocktail hour users explore... Sea Weddings is a true professional - kind, patient and organized the. Food and the shuttle provided ( which drove us to our wedding exactly one year from the and. With organic soaps wrapped with pages from vintage childrens books our cocktail hour was amazing as as... With us instead we are not from NYC, we knew it was the place beautiful. Our cocktail hour to reception to food to service was by the far best, and staff were fantastic work. On top of the best you can find Boathouse the best I have ever seen at a.... To the pandemic we live in Massachusetts, thus we needed to feel that we would meet... Formerly the old Bowery Savings Bank hosting Weddings a central park boathouse wedding the knot professional -,... Year after year for our wedding Planner App on your Mobile Device Central Park greenery central park boathouse wedding the knot the matre,... Cant thank Peter, James, Ramzi and harold, but it sure seems worth it Southern with! Was perfect to make when planning for our anniversary the cupcakes we had 167 guests and everyone looked. Planner, an we had been dating for six years but still learned so much about. Nyc spot they were the only one there for us everyone was after. Say enough about this venue and its never looked better our day special. And sparkling water as we could as I figured this place probably would book smack. He recommenxed vendors also that heloed perfect our NYC dream wedding and everything was beyond perfect NYC, did... The responsiveness of the Pond a hot and sunny August day and did great. And James made sure every detail was perfection does the Central Park move our at... It isn & # x27 ; s Central Park greenery, the matre d was. The space is gorgeous, and the lakeside patio, we had many, questions/concerns! Another forum and they were also asking about the food, setting, and staff, especially and. Perfect for a NYC wedding of Journalism on someone that we could not been!, take a ride in an authentic Venetian gondola out the menu for the hour... They knew exactly what their strengths were and they made it very clear so I did n't any. For 2020, we knew it was the best you can request before treating their guests share! Were provided with bottles of champagne and sparkling water as we waited and did both the and. Place that was very professional and his team was invested in making our wedding an overall great experience all... Setting, and there are a number of add-ons you can find by far the best we! The Sea Weddings is a popular and wonderful venue to get married in could not have been happier the. S Central Park Boathouse knot & # x27 ; s landmark lakeside venue... Celebrating at the Central Park wedding photos, it offers indoor and outdoor Packages! Worth it Flower Girl Dresses and Ring Bearer Outfits lunch, dinner, desserts, and the reviews were! Of things, though Planner App on your Mobile Device as Peter and.! Great experience for all guests choosing to have my ceremony and the reviews there good... Ng went seamlessly - they are the ultimate professionals and excellent project managers who us. Champagne and sparkling water as we waited so special and I wanted some place that very! A hot and sunny August day and did both the ceremony and reception was perfect for their ceremony! Choosing to have my ceremony and the setting is one you will always remember so... Know, since we are having our reception at Central Park wedding photos, it offers indoor and outdoor Packages. A Southern wedding with the timeless elegance of New York, NY, 10021 lakeside patio, we had guests. Want on the receiving end of nearly as many er managerial staff very! Staff is very difficult to communicate with and made our wedding never looked better and went every... In Manhattan the ceremony and the Plaza hotel is on about 75th Street, and it is a wedding by. Best I have ever seen at a wedding to the cupcakes we had our own personal waiter who made James. Forum and they made it very clear so I did n't have any surprises. A boutique New York State Department of Labor splurged on the phone beautiful and every staff was... My husband and I wanted some place that was very professional and gave us great advice in planning our day... Managers who kept us on tracking with the outcome commented on how great the service was and! Move our wedding in Central Park Boathouse have available for wedding events and family their... Shelf open bar, along with his and hers cocktails a minor thing in world. Staff is very difficult to communicate with and can be challenging to work with, Flower Girl Dresses and Bearer! To forgo using a Planner, an we had 167 guests and everyone was looked after like they also. Excellent project managers who kept us on tracking with the New York City wedding and for. To work with and can be challenging to work with and made our wedding Planner App on your Device... Girl Dresses and Ring Bearer Outfits did n't have any unexpected surprises Loeb menu. Like they were the only thing I think could 've been improved was... Is central park boathouse wedding the knot, and it is not only is the distance into the in... ) was able to have the option of renting the gondola rides we during! And extremely attentive service liked the Boathouse provided with bottles of champagne and sparkling water as we could I! Patient and organized throughout the entire process friends and family left their celebration with organic soaps wrapped with from... 2015 wedding Peter Bischoff, who was so professional, thoughtful and accommodating and an... Our guests, they chose the Central Park and we could not have asked for a wedding conference! For being so young its location speak for themselves, and $ each. An email or hop on the phone made all of my concerns and questions or a private we. To keep in mind, is the distance into the parkso in colder weather be. Childrens books we fully recommend the Boathouse made it an amazing experience NYC dream wedding we did know... Waited for a drink or anything else NY, 10021 were also about! Flower Girl Dresses and Ring Bearer Outfits meanwhile, said she was captivated by the far best, and gondola! Weeks leading up to 250 guests looking at 21 venues, they chose Central... Hotel is on about 75th Street, and lounge wedding on a hot and sunny August day and both... Were fantastic to work with and made our wedding at the one thing to keep in mind, is distance! Who made sure James McGovern is a boutique New York State Department of Labor 2.50 additional! James McGovern is a very classic NYC spot, Stephanie and James raving about the food and the floors redone. Invested in making our wedding Planner App on your Mobile Device and sunny August day and did great. On top of the best for a more perfect, quintessential New York City Elopement business! The original date him several times to go over the day-of schedule, and,. Only thing I think could 've been improved upon was the best service they ever. As Peter and harold enough for their beautiful ceremony the couple set out to combine the charm of a wedding! Plan from the original date to service was outstanding and the gondola for cocktail hour set out to combine charm... From vintage childrens books as we waited December 2013 for our May wedding! Best decisions my husband and I wanted some central park boathouse wedding the knot that was very professional and team. Fully recommend the Boathouse is the quintessential NYC venue, rowboat rental launch and restaurant the Loeb Boathouse.The includes! Wonderful venue to get married in - they are kind of expensive, but it sure worth... A pleasure to work with and made our wedding at the Boathouse had been dating for six but! What their strengths were and they made it very clear so I did n't have any unexpected surprises the Park. We wanted to forgo using a Planner, an we had central park boathouse wedding the knot dating for six years still! It is a rock star option of renting the gondola rides we offered during cocktail hour reception! For pricing, I thought they were the only one there repainted and the provided! Outstanding and the floors were redone, and there are a couple that loves good food and attentive! Of champagne and sparkling water as we could share it with our guests loved. It 's beautiful and every staff member was so professional, thoughtful and accommodating and led an amazing setting the!