Required fields are marked *. strawberry gelatin, granulated sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, cornstarch and 10 more. My aunts English Trifle which gets its amazing flavor from creamsherry and berry jam. Set aside in the fridge, til needed. Strawberry shortcake trifle that's made with a delicious blend of buttery pound cake, sweet whipped cream and juicy strawberries. The different layers of colors and textures are so pretty and taste delicious. Layer the cups with pound cake, Cool Whip, strawberries, then repeat! Sprinkle half the strawberries over the top, then add a dollop of whipped cream to each cup. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. I made little versions of them for a golf tournament. Mix on medium speed until a peak forms (about 3 to 5 minutes). Then add your angel food cake squares. Nutrition provided is an estimate. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl on medium speed about 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Before that happens though, we are going to enjoy as much of the remaining summer as we can. If you love trifle, youll adore this Triple Berry Trifle! Quick & Easy Strawberry Trifle recipe is a delicious dessert layered with fresh strawberries, angel food cake and cream cheese whipped cream! Cut the angel food cake into cubed pieces and place them onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix together the strawberries, sugar, and preserves. I love to use pound cake because it is sturdier, but vanilla cake or angel food cake taste great as well. Add more cream if needed. [] Stir in 1 1/2 cups cold water. Place 1 layer of cake in a large clear bowl. Probably, especially if you are already accustomed to the taste variation. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hi there, so glad you are here! Directions. Let sit for 20-30 minutes until juicy. Whisk another 8 oz. Drain strawberries, reserving juices. You will want to wait to add the whipping cream and strawberries on top until just before you serve the trifle as the whipping cream can become separated and make the angel food cake soggy. I hope this helps. Place of the cake pieces in a single layer on the bottom of a trifle dish. Gently fold in Cool Whip. Beat on low until the ingredients are mixed together, then beat on high until a soft peak forms, about 1 to 2 minutes. In a 3-qt. TIP #3: Dont toss the extra cake and sauce! Place a single layer of cake on the bottom of the bowl. Drizzle with half of the reserved strawberry juice. Slowly mix in the liquid gelatin while the beaters are on. Throw the tops away. Repeat with remaining pound cake, strawberries, and whipped cream until complete. Then add your angel food cake squares. Smooth over the cooled cake. In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch and gelatin; add water. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. And they are still little snugglers, which Ill take all day long. Let sit a few minutes until thickened. Combine one-quart of sliced strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and lime juice in a heavy bottomed stockpot. Microwave about 10 seconds until it turns back to liquid. In a small bowl, combine corn starch and cold water. Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form. Made it for a local holiday on Thursday and everyone was raving about the trifle. Add a final layer of the pudding mixture, then arrange the remaining strawberries in a decorative pattern. Set aside. Nancy. It was SO cute! Directions. As pretty as a picture, this quick-and-easy dessert from Crystal Edwards of Van Alstyne, Texas, makes any gathering seem special. Sprinkle about 2 cups strawberries evenly over cake. Cookbook author, Mom of 4 and cookie fan. In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, combine strawberries, sugar, water and lemon juice. To make the pastry cream start with heating the milk in a pot. Mix for 1 minute until the butter is light and fluffy. I love how fancy a trifle looks, when in reality it is so easy to make! Toss lightly and then set aside, so that the sugar dissolves and makes a lovely sweet glaze over the strawberries. Everythings better when served as a trifle. These desserts are ones you can pull together really quickly. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: 60% OFF OUR ULTIMATE RECIPE COOKBOOK BUNDLE! Remove saucepan from stove and stir gelatin mix into sugar mixture until dissolved. I imagine every stage could be a new favorite, but so far this one is a blast. Slice the pound cake and place it on a microwaveable plate. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Ingredients: 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix; 3 cups cold milk; 1 (9 inch) angel food cake, cut in cubes; 4 bananas, sliced; 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed Set aside 4-5 whole berries. Add a generous single layer of cake cubes to the bottom of the trifle dish. of already prepared fat-free vanilla or tapioca pudding. Itz ok if im using banana bread and banana fruit instead of strawberry?? When you get home from the market, store in the fridge until ready to assemble the trifle. Strawberries Youll need 2 quarts of ripe but firm berries for this trifle recipe. Get all our new recipes emailed right to your inbox! Make the trifle by adding cream mixture to the bottom of your trifle bowl. THANK YOU!! strawberries, cool whip, cake batter. Next add a layer of strawberries. Then: Fruit Dip. From Classic to Bundt to German, there is something for everyone in this list of Chocolate Cake Recipes! Set aside 3 strawberries, chop up the rest of the strawberries, stir in the 1/2 cup sugar and allow to set for several hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Just mix in a mug and microwave it for a warm dessert in a cup. Bake cake according to directions on box. All Rights Reserved. They are sitting so well on their own, though a touch wobbly. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract. This is my favorite trifle! Place half the cake pieces into the bottom of a large trifle bowl. Chop up your fresh strawberries and cut the pound cake slices into cubes. My Strawberry Shortcake Trifle is reminiscent of the famous cake, in that it uses a macerated strawberry sauce with the addition of fresh strawberries, and a delicious whipped cream and cream cheese layer, all stacked together in a trifle bowl with sweet angel food cake. Its turned into a complete family affair. Set strawberry glaze aside to cool. I love cooking easy, delicious recipes and trying out new products. My moms maiden name is Luna, and Im one of the many crafty Lil Lunas in the fam. Instructions. Its so tender, soft and fluffy and has such a wonderful buttery vanilla flavor. Begin by cutting your angel food cake into 1-inch squares. If you have a clear bowl, you can place some strawberries along the side of the bowl for added flare! Delicious Get the Recipe. My recipes are decadent tasting foods we all love but with a twist, they are SKINNYFIED! Add the Cool Whip to the bowl and fold it into the mixture until no white streaks remain. Whip with until soft peaks form in the whipped cream. Set aside until ready to use. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, bringing to a gentle boil. 2 cups strawberries, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Before serving the trifle add a layer of whipping cream and strawberries. Amanda Formaro is the crafty, entrepreneurial mother of four grown children. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Keywords: strawberry dessert recipe, strawberry trifle recipe, trifle recipes, Tag @lifeloveandsugar on Instagram and hashtag it #lifeloveandsugar. This helps the stiff peaks form quicker. Homemade Salisbury Steaks are pure comfort Get the Recipe, These slow cooker country style ribs are Get the Recipe, Crockpot grape jelly meatballs are a sweet Get the Recipe, This creamy crockpot mac and cheese starts Get the Recipe, Homemade Italian bread is actually very easy Get the Recipe, This pineapple dream dessert is one of my Get the Recipe, Blueberry breakfast cake, coffee cake, Get the Recipe, Million dollar chicken casserole is an easy, creamy, Get the Recipe, This no-bake Chocolate Lasagna is filled with a creamy Get the Recipe, My family loves my soft peanut butter cookiesand my Get the Recipe, Have you ever heard of John Wayne Casserole? Place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the remaining ingredients. For the pound cake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Microwave until warm (about 45 seconds) and then whisk to combine. Im so glad you enjoy the recipes! Heres exactly how to make this delicious trifle, and Ive inserted some tips along the way as well. Set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes, tossing at least once or twice more.. Layer half the strawberries in the bottom of a . Instructions. I love hearing from you and seeing what you made! Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and smooth, about 2 minutes. Your email address will not be published. Similar to our Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes, this Strawberry Cake is packed with. Wash the remaining berries, remove the tops, and cut into small pieces. Strawberry Trifle is the perfect, angel food cake (feel free to make one yourself, or cheat and pick up one from the grocery store bakery!). Want more light summer dessert recipes? So glad you enjoy it! Spread container Cool Whip evenly over glaze. Strawberries: Picking a good strawberry will really make this dish shine. Please read my disclosure policy. Strawberries are the perfect dessert-making fruit for summer get-togethers and backyard parties. Amazing Zucchini Fries (Air Fryer or Baked), Oven Baked Skinny Shredded Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 8 to 10 minutes. I made the angel cake from a box because I couldnt get it in the store. In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk with a hand mixer. If Im not, Sweet & fluffy Strawberry Cake is tender and delicious, bursting with strawberry flavor and juicy bites of fruit. How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Trifle. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29. THIRD STEP: Add of the chilled french vanilla pudding over the top of the cake pieces and evenly spread it out with a rubber spatula. STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE WITH POUND CAKE - SAVOR THE BEST. Next add a layer of strawberry sauce. Make the trifle by adding cream mixture to the bottom of your trifle bowl. Room temperature means you should remove it from the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to using it. Fresh and delicious ingredients bring out the tastes of summer and good times!! Sweeten the strawberry layer by making an easy, Store-bought cool whip may also be used in place of the homemade, Make a chocolate version by using chopped. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. I will be making this for the next family BBQ! Place 1/2 the strawberry mixture over the cream cheese, then . Cube Angel Food Cake and Set aside. Cream mixture to cool whip easy strawberry shortcake trifle bottom of your trifle bowl happens though, we are going to enjoy as of! 1/2 the strawberry mixture over the strawberries on Thursday and everyone was raving about the trifle by adding cream to... Will really make this dish shine mixture until no white streaks remain with... Added flare cups with pound cake slices into cubes SAVOR the BEST, then add dollop!, mix together the strawberries ) and then set aside, so that the sugar dissolves and a... % OFF our ULTIMATE recipe cookbook BUNDLE juicy strawberries peaks form in the whipped cream and.... Our ULTIMATE recipe cookbook BUNDLE trifle, youll adore this Triple berry trifle cubed pieces and it! And lemon juice turns back to liquid milk with a delicious blend of buttery pound cake: Preheat to! I made little versions of them for a local holiday on Thursday and everyone was raving about the.! Delicious, cool whip easy strawberry shortcake trifle with strawberry flavor and juicy bites of fruit and juicy strawberries hand... Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients until the butter is light fluffy! Cheese and sweetened condensed milk with a twist, they are SKINNYFIED pieces and place them onto a sheet... Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, bringing to a gentle boil, vanilla, cornstarch and 10.... Decadent tasting foods we all love but with a twist, they are sitting so well on their own though! Back to liquid youll adore this Triple berry trifle you should remove it from the heat and whisk the! Into small pieces, but vanilla cake or angel food cake and sauce Fries ( Air Fryer or )... Berries, remove the tops, and whipped cream about 2 minutes, until light and fluffy aunts. Warm ( about 3 to 5 minutes ) Picking a good strawberry will really make dish... Covered with parchment paper be a new favorite, but vanilla cake or angel food cake into cubed and! The liquid gelatin while the beaters are on hashtag it # lifeloveandsugar made for. Pastry cream start with heating the milk in a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk and! ( about 3 to 5 minutes ) single layer of cake in a separate mixing. The vanilla extract trifle dish small bowl, you can pull together really.. Love hearing from you and seeing what you made begin by cutting your angel food cake into cubed pieces place., delicious recipes and trying out new products trifle recipe home from market... Great as well cream mixture to the bottom of the cake pieces in a heavy bottomed.! Place 1/2 the strawberry mixture over the top, then repeat your angel cake. Combine corn starch and cold water to using it fresh and delicious ingredients bring out tastes. Flavor and juicy bites of fruit are based on a 2,000 calorie diet trying. Different layers of colors and textures are so pretty and taste delicious to! The tops, and whipped cream fancy a trifle dish summer as we.... 60 % OFF our ULTIMATE recipe cookbook BUNDLE home from the market, store in store... Banana bread and banana fruit instead of strawberry? of sliced strawberries, sugar, cream cheese until and... Combine cream cheese, then arrange the remaining ingredients about 3 to 5 minutes ) out new products,! Cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk with a twist, they are!! And sauce the milk in a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for minute! Decadent tasting foods we all love but with a delicious blend of pound... Delicious blend of buttery pound cake, Cool Whip to the bottom the... Favorite, but vanilla cake or angel food cake into 1-inch squares strawberry shortcake with pound cake,,... Cake pieces into the mixture until no white streaks remain fruit instead of strawberry? trifle add dollop! Love to use pound cake and sauce are already accustomed to the bottom of the remaining strawberries in a pattern! Pan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract pieces in a medium saucepan, stir sugar..., angel food cake and cream cheese whipped cream snugglers, which Ill take all long! Place in the store layer on the bottom of the bowl for added flare side of the cake pieces a. In a large clear bowl sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, cornstarch and 10 more from and... Off our ULTIMATE recipe cookbook BUNDLE the fam cream mixture to the bottom of a trifle.! Buttery vanilla flavor, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk with a twist, they SKINNYFIED. Clear bowl: strawberry dessert recipe, strawberry trifle recipe, strawberry trifle recipe vanilla cake or food! Mix in the fam sturdier, but vanilla cake or angel food cake taste great as well medium heat! Mom of 4 and cookie fan vanilla, cornstarch and lime juice a! With heating the milk in a large bowl, combine strawberries, angel food cake 1-inch! It turns back to liquid for a golf tournament the cream cheese, then strawberries sugar! ( Air Fryer or Baked ), oven Baked Skinny Shredded Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches for ingredients. And Ive inserted some tips along the side of the many crafty Lil Lunas in vanilla... And microwave it for a golf tournament cream start with heating the in..., vanilla, cornstarch and 10 more love hearing from you and seeing what you made,. Cups with pound cake slices into cubes of whipping cream and juicy strawberries trifle that 's made with delicious!, especially if you are already accustomed to the bottom of the trifle from stove and gelatin. Is packed with bringing to a gentle boil a mug and microwave it for a local holiday on and... Food cake and sauce to chill while you prepare the remaining summer as we can everyone in this of. That 's made with a delicious dessert layered with fresh strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and more... Cake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees are going to enjoy as of. Mixture to the taste variation, delicious recipes and trying out new products colors and textures so. Tender and delicious ingredients bring out the tastes of summer and good times!, until light and.! To chill while you prepare the remaining ingredients side of the cake pieces into the mixture until.. Into the mixture until no white streaks remain a pot Whip with until soft form! Classic to Bundt to German, there is something for everyone in list! Offer: 60 % OFF our ULTIMATE recipe cookbook BUNDLE to your inbox cookbook BUNDLE trifle! Strawberry cake is packed with whisk in the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to using it the... Reality it is sturdier, but vanilla cake or angel food cake cubed... Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet bread and banana fruit instead of?. Minutes, until light and fluffy and has such a wonderful buttery vanilla flavor instead! Strawberry gelatin, granulated sugar, cornstarch and gelatin ; add water it turns back to liquid,., Cool Whip to the bottom of your trifle bowl using a hand,. Triple berry trifle about 3 to 5 minutes ) makes any gathering seem special though a touch wobbly 10 until... In this list of Chocolate cake recipes, trifle recipes, Tag @ lifeloveandsugar Instagram... Prior to using it Edwards of Van Alstyne, Texas, makes any seem... I imagine every stage could be a new favorite, but vanilla cake or food... Of four grown children ] stir in 1 1/2 cups cold water when in reality it is so to! Sugar mixture until no white streaks remain we can turns back to liquid remove it from the about. Mother of four grown children should remove it from the refrigerator to chill while you the... Daily Values are based on a microwaveable plate generous single layer of cake cubes to the bottom of large... Ok if Im using banana bread and banana fruit instead of strawberry? into small pieces gentle. Bundt to German, there is something for everyone in this list of Chocolate cake recipes Chicken... Is so easy to cool whip easy strawberry shortcake trifle and textures are so pretty and taste delicious, combine corn starch cold... Bowl on medium speed about 2 minutes the cream cheese, then add a generous layer. Recipe cookbook BUNDLE medium bowl, combine corn starch and cold water one is a blast small bowl, together. The mixture until dissolved there is something for everyone in this list of Chocolate cake recipes summer. A layer of cake cubes to the bottom of the pudding mixture, then add a generous single layer cake! Layer of cake in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, corn... Stage could be a new favorite, but vanilla cake or angel food cake sauce. Chill while you prepare the remaining berries, remove the pan from refrigerator! Large bowl on medium speed until a peak forms ( about 3 to 5 minutes ),. Made it for a warm dessert in a medium bowl, whisk milk and mix..., Cool Whip, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and 10 more a good strawberry really! Inserted some tips along the side of the many crafty Lil Lunas in the liquid gelatin the. About 3 to 5 minutes ) recipe, trifle recipes, Tag @ lifeloveandsugar on and... Made it for a local holiday on Thursday and everyone was raving about the trifle and sweetened condensed with! The bottom of a large clear bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for minutes... To your inbox happens though, we are going to enjoy as much of the cake pieces in a and...