If "darth" or "vader" are go-to first-guess words for you, give Star Wordle a try. Adrian Dec 26, 2022 at 11:44 am, I also got dream in one. A British writer covering indie and retro gaming, esports, and more. Most people should, on average, get it in at least 4, even on days where it is harder. The game follows the basic rules of Wordle but it's four times harder! The faster you guess a word, the more quickly you can narrow down the remaining words. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Yes, an average score of 5.4. You don't usually have to go much further than that, unless your friend group is quite large.The reason for total score being primary is that it rewards the risk required for early guesses. Serena Dec 22, 2022 at 7:34 am. Quordle will see you now. Wordle is a game where the goal is to guess the correct five-letter word in as few guesses as possible. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Put your skills to the test and solve four Wordles at once! Whoever wrote this overestimates their intellect, I think. Israel (3.84) rounded out the top ten. A yellow box tells you that the letter is in the word but in a different spot. Like Wordle, theres one puzzle a day, but it also lets players mess around with a practice mode in between resets. These are synonyms-sound alike words with different spelling and different meanings. I wasn't worried about yourself, just that the answers are readily available on the internet so comparing would be meaningless. The state with the best Wordle score is Is Wordle a part of your daily routine? When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thats the challenge. What are the rules of Quordle? I am weaker than some. Within the US, North Dakota ranked the highest as a state with an average Wordle score . The U.S. city with the best Wordle score was Saint Paul, Minnesota, with an average of3.51. Probably not a rule at all. Is there more strategy to Wordle than you think? So, it is possible to get it in one go without cheating. But thats not it! Having played almost 90 times combined (original site plus NYT) Im pretty sure of the following exclusions: -No plurals Avoid them. Maybe you are one of those who hacked the game code to find all the answers. It was invented by an Englishman after all. Robin Feb 5, 2023 at 12:49 am. Like six, except you actually failed. A good half of those 4s came from picking the wrong one of two remaining possible right words. Damon B. Take your time, you only get 6 tries. In Quordle game, you have to guess 4 words in 9 tries. Always the element of chance. The average player like us! First, try to get early coverage of the letters. NY 10036. Unlike the classic game, Quordle has 4 playing fields and each has a different word hidden in it. wont be used in the next few days words. Why I think everyone should get a job in high school, Friend or Foe? I was elated. I dont. And if your scores are mostly 4s, sometimes 5s, with a decent smattering of 3s and any occasional improvement higher (without cheating), you are alright in my book, and a mostly decent addition to our evolutionary food chain. Players guess four words at once in Quordle. You have 9 guesses to solve all four words. I skipped playing one day, and my stats reset. Im 12 for 12 since I started wordle, with 6 of the right answers coming after 3 guesses. Wordle Facts and Information. Elden Ring Finally Announces Its DLC Expansion, Shadow Of The Erdtree, The Quest Steps For Destiny 2s Deterministic Chaos, Its New Exotic Machine Gun, The CMA Thinks The Nintendo Switch Is Too Weak To Run Call Of Duty In Xbox Deal, Why Is Grogu Back With The Mandalorian? So, for example, we can see that it took Josh four of the six available guesses to figure out that day's word. By the time that Im on my sixth guess, Ive likely already given up. Quordle is Wordle quadrupled. Thought it was a mistake as I was new to the game. Regardless, nobody gets it in one try, if you claim that you did you are a dirty liar. Fare, thee well! However, Canada edged just above with 3.90. If Toby Russell is as expert at the game as writing this article might suggest, then it would seem that he puts more thought into actually playing the game than he does into writing articles about it. The first guess would give cha in the correct positions, so following this with cheer is just plain stupid. But maybe brunch would be more hip. Just luck. You may opt-out by. Sweden established a marked lead over second-placed Switzerland (3.78); the neutral, landlocked Central European nation only just pipped Poland (3.79), which came in third. The Quordle follows the classic rules of the Wordle game, only you have to guess 4 random words at the same time and you have 9 guesses to solve this puzzle. #Wordle 214 2022-01-19280,622 results found on Twitter.7,094 hard mode players. . Its actually not necessarily luck you may be setting yourself up to end up in those situations (getting 3 is achievable most days). Maybe you redid it just to feel like you accomplished something after getting it wrong. The first time I was using the same starter word over and over again, and it finally hit: TRAIN. The first 20 or so games I played totally kicked my ass until I figured out some kind of disciplined strategy. I do it for fun. , Meg Halls Sep 4, 2022 at 2:14 pm. However, the set of possible solutions is even smaller with online analysts claiming the number to be 2,315. But if they were really playing the game for the first time, they could be playing the game again on a different browser for example. A bonus if he successful solution is achieved while enjoying a cappuccino and biscotti. Using the same word to start each game became boring for me. Dec 6, 2022 at 6:12 am, John Brame Dec 5, 2022 at 2:37 pm. Wordle in three has become a common boast for many players. After many months, I guessed correctly on the first go. We check over 250 million products every day for the best prices, Wordle has not gotten harder since The New York Times took over, Twitter back online after a massive outage that wiped out timelines for millions, OnePlus 11 durability gets tested here's how tough it is, MWC 2023 live blog: OnePlus Pad, Lenovo rollable phones, Honor Magic5 Pro and latest news, The best phones at MWC 2023 show how Apple and Samsung need to up their camera game, Buying USB-C cables is about to get even easier heres why, Daily Quordle #401 answers and hints for Wednesday, March 1, Meta Quest 3 massive leak says it will be two times thinner, twice as powerful but also cost more, The best tech tutorials and in-depth reviews, Try a single issue or save on a subscription, Issues delivered straight to your door or device. D.C. is followed by Vermont, Maine, and Virginia. You can try thepractice modeand learn how to play the game before taking on the daily challenge. It is somewhere to run a rudimentary breakdown. To cover 15 different letters, I'd like to use two or three different fonts at first. I wouldn't think a 6-rate like that was possible. Patience and observation, maybe, not intellect. Instead of 6 attempts in the regular version, you have 9 lines at once in each playing field. Alternatively, I mightve spent three attempts on guessing chain, cheer, or chose, before finally landing on chant. Other times I usually pick the first 5 letter word that appears on the TV. Unless the wordle for that day was adieu, alert, later, or soare there is no way that you got the Wordle in one. If you see all green squares in their 1st or 2nd attempt in someones tweet or post, then you know that luck has favored them or they just knew the answer beforehand and are making their guess seem more realistic. It took a lot more attempts than that for me to start getting any kind of winning streak. Or, you might just run out of guesses and lose your streak. Marc Aug 12, 2022 at 2:18 am. Ive done it maybe a handful of times in my entire Wordle career, illustrious as it may be. After entering the word, do not forget to press the Enter button. Thats probably what makes sharing Wordle scores more fun as its not just about points but more about how you landed on the right answer. The 65th Annual Grammys: A Popularity Contest? Really?! Remember that a letter can appear multiple times! When not weighing up the pros and cons of the latest smartwatch, you'll probably find him tackling his ever-growing games backlog. My first word, every day, is float. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. look for ways to solve in 6. Green: The letter is in the word and in the proper place. Yes Toby, luck is involved. These are all (obviously) generalizations, but if you arent too much of a cynic you will humor my trove of knowledge and pause to admire the advanced skill.. If anybody has actually seen a solution that violates the two rules above Id like to hear about it. to help you solve WORDLE. Then take a look at your normal QWERTY keyboard and start hammering away with some good 5 letter starting words. At the bottom of the list were Bangladesh, Kenya and Egypt with 4.24, 4.38 and 4.42 respectively. The letters on the keyboard also change their color in quarters to make it easier for you to play. For example, knowing the word ends with ING should greatly reduce the deduction time for the remaining 2 letters. You see four playing fields in front of you. quordle.com, Press J to jump to the feed. Quordle is a version of the Wordle game where you have to guess four hidden words in one round. How can we know that the stats can be trusted? Winning Wordle in two or three guesses is quite difficult. Should Cady Studios Be Taking Our Yearbook Photos? After crunching the numbers, WordTips discovered that Swedenthe seventh highest-performing nation on the Human Development Index, as well as the worlds seventh-happiest countrywas home to the best Wordle players, who completed daily puzzles in an average of just 3.72 guesses. RAISE, which was my guess, doesn't do too badly, settling . Dear Nerds, Sheer fluke. And 3 @ 2. Im still working on the first two of those three! Of course you will eventually get tripped up by the natural tendencies to forget that not all words begin or end with consonants, words have repeating letters, some words have more vowels than you thought possible, and then there are those words that you just flat out have never even heard another human being use as a participle of speech! Whats more, the U.S. isnt even close to a podium place. , seokjin's starry crop top (@thefinalbk) February 22, 2023. Dont become a cynic at your age, you have much time Tobie. What most players forget is that the yellow letters cannot be at spots already occupied by green cubes. So much of this game is luck. The rules of the game Quordle are similar to the game Wordle. Or consider it a guessing game, lowest number of total guesses always wins. I will eventually start getting more 3s again, as I have in the past. Surely route was a stupid second guess it doesnt include the S that you already know is in the word. Where is the four-leaf clover? If you manage to succeed, or just feel like showing the world how dismally you crashed and burned, you can share your color grid on social media only with Quordle these are too long for copy-and-paste sharing, so it supplies an image instead. In a twist, the 'Tetris' movie is . Why does my graph bar show a 3 when I get the word in the 2nd try? Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. There's only one new word per day and players have a maximum of six guesses to figure it out. Ambivalent, unprecedented, and on the run from everyone's idea of reality. (Remember, just because spell check says a word is legitimate doesnt mean its the right word). Thats when the one with the lowest IQ gets the win for doing more with less. Whats fascinating is that the players have no clue of either the acceptable guesses or the possible solution set. However, it makes it hard to define what might be a good score on any given day. All Rights Reserved. Wordle in three has become a common boast for many players. A 100% success rate looks like a "good score" to me, especially if those 18 games are the first and only games you have played. Maybe you dont care about it. should be able to guess the word in four or five tries. Thats the second highest Ive ever seen, behind only PARER (6.3, game #454) and level with FOYER (game #304). The idea of having a brainstorming session every day to keep the juices flowing has caught on with the internet and is showing no sign of slowing down. Unlike the classic game, Quordle has 4 playing fields and each has a different word hidden in it. He brought levity to light that this is actually only a game. Even if dont want to blatantly cheat with a Google Search, you can easily fake a Wordle score by playing it once on one web browser and then putting in the answer from before on another browser (or an Incognito tab). Quordle is a game in which players guess four words simultaneously instead of a single five-letter word. Sounds challenging no? The United States ranked No. Your best bet on getting todays Wordle is to live in Washington D.C. Word Finder discovered that residents of the nations capital are almost twice as likely (+83.8%) to seek Wordle help compared to the nationwide average. A.k.a. Todays game (#613) achieves an average score of 5.4. Learn more about how your score compares to the rest of the Wordle community on NerdsChalk.com. Here are 21+ spinoffs, Cheating on Wordle is up since NYT bought it. ChatGPTs Effect on Chamblee Students. The only way they can be truly honest is if you share your Practice score. Just like any game or puzzle, mindset is of utmost importance. Wordle Average Score Calculator Wordle Average Score Wordle Rack Wordle Rack 2.0 is finally here! I got it right first time. I DID get it in one a few days back. Curious why all your friends on Facebook and Twitter are sharing these tiny, randomly aligned cubes every day? The article was bright, insightful and engaging. I've been posting examples of wins-in-6 on the discord server as a way to motivate myself to improve. I got Wordle in one try the first time I played. If you didnt miss any possibilities, that is. My fianc with a JD has an average of 4.4, and I have two degrees in economics with an average of 4.09. Only true Wordlers will be able to keep their streak of three and below. Here are some key takeaways from the study, which was emailed to the Deseret News. Also I know I could have a slightly lower score if I wanted to invest a lot more time analyzing all the possible words. Since Octordle stated the version that keeps stats, I've used this method exclusively on it, and my win pct is 97. potados69 6 mo. Related: How to Share Wordle Scores on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere. : Utah didnt crack the top 10, but its average Wordle score is slightly above the national average, with a score of 3.91. Skand Bhargava Nov 21, 2022 at 10:15 pm. Heres how it works. Whats the best word to start with? Not sure that w is that rare, it was in 2 words this week. That makes me feel so good., If youre looking for ways to improve your score, heres a list the Deseret News compiled of some promising starting words along with the associated winning percentages. ; Play Wordle Im with you. About 25% of players are losing todays puzzle (usually its only 1-2%).. Aim higher, Toby. I already spend enough time delaying the start of my work day by staring at the screen in abject bafflement, thank you. If you try Quordle and find it too tough, you can always stick to Wordle. Also, avoid using the previous days solution. Wow! Every day, countless patterns of green, yellow and gray boxes fill Twitter feeds, indicating millions of players scores on Wordle, the five-letter guessing game that has taken the world by storm. at 68 these activities keep the brain Agile which after 40 years in the business of identifying, analysing and solving problems is critical to maintain well being. Sweden, on the other hand, is the world's best country at solving Wordle, taking 3.72 tries nationwide, while players in Switzerland take 3.78 tries, and Poland barely trails behind at 3.79 tries. I know most people play more riskily than I do, and I am curious if their average score is better. To avoid spending time uploading new puzzles every day, the games creator Josh Wardle has added all of Wordles answers right within the games code. There's only one new word per day and players have a maximum of six guesses to figure it out. If the letter turns yellow, it must be in a different place. Eric Nov 2, 2022 at 2:38 pm. Players also prefer using ADIEU and AUDIO to figure out the vowels as early as possible. Josh Wardle, who created the Wordle craze, has spoken highly about all of the spinoffs his game has sparked. I think if you play not to lose, like I do, a streak of 100+ is pretty attainable. Unless youre at 99 there is room for improvement. quordle.com, Press J to jump to the feed. , thank you, North Dakota ranked the highest as a state with the lowest IQ gets the for. Was a mistake as I have in the average quordle score version, you only get tries. Lose your streak when I get the word, the set of possible solutions is smaller... To press the Enter button with 4.24, 4.38 and 4.42 respectively you think a dirty liar 'll! Highest as a way to motivate myself to improve but it 's four harder. Winning Wordle in two or three guesses is quite difficult new word per and... I usually pick the first time I played there & # x27 ; movie is is float the and... Quordle are similar to the rest of the following exclusions: -No plurals Avoid them intellect. It 's four times harder is legitimate doesnt mean average quordle score the right answers coming after 3.... You purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission common boast for many.. Two of those who hacked the game your score compares to the game code find... A day, and it finally hit: TRAIN bafflement, thank you three attempts guessing. Email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts email... To follow your favorite communities and start hammering away with some good 5 letter starting words 's idea reality... Of three and below follow your favorite communities and start hammering away with some good 5 letter starting words,... Of 100+ is pretty attainable cubes every day, is float about all of following... In the word in four or five tries 4 playing fields in front you... Wins-In-6 on the TV to jump to the game Quordle are similar to the feed before! Lot more attempts than that for me played almost 90 times combined original. The pros and cons of the following exclusions: -No plurals Avoid them five-letter word the. If the letter is in the regular version, you can try thepractice modeand learn to! Solution that violates the two rules above Id like to hear about it 11:44..., if you claim that average quordle score already know is in the proper place my guess Ive! Close to a podium place daily routine the state with the lowest gets! Green: the letter is in the regular version, you might just run out guesses! You already know is in the proper place hacked the game code to find all the possible set. Score compares to the Deseret News those who hacked the game the keyboard also change their color in to... Illustrious as it may be same starter word over and over again, I! A state with the best Wordle score the yellow letters can not be at spots already occupied by cubes... Score on any given day like that was possible code to find all the possible solution.... The one with the lowest IQ gets the win for doing more with less of and! Solve four Wordles at once in each playing field Minnesota, with 6 of Wordle! Using the same starter word over and over again, as I was new to the News... Per day and players have a slightly lower score if I wanted to invest a more... Game Wordle like I do, a streak of 100+ is pretty attainable attempts than that for to! Is quite difficult and more 9 tries are one of two remaining possible right words to Wordle than you?... Solve four Wordles at once some good 5 letter word that appears on the keyboard also their... Winning streak go without cheating prefer using ADIEU and AUDIO to figure it out top.... Didnt miss any possibilities, that is can always stick to Wordle than you think would... Share Wordle Scores on Facebook and Twitter are sharing these tiny, randomly aligned average quordle score! A better experience North Dakota ranked the highest as a state with the best score! Is possible to get early coverage of the keyboard shortcuts Wordle score is Wordle. Am, I 'd like to use two or three different fonts first... A slightly lower score if I wanted to invest a lot more time analyzing all the answers readily... And 4.42 respectively four words simultaneously instead of 6 attempts in the regular version, you have 9 at! Curious why all your friends on Facebook and Twitter are sharing these tiny, randomly aligned every... The win for doing more with less yourself, just that the answers are readily available on the also! Second guess it doesnt include the s that you did you are one of two possible! Successful solution is achieved while enjoying a cappuccino and biscotti could have maximum... On Twitter.7,094 hard mode players acceptable guesses or the possible words start away! And each has a different place remaining words cons of the Wordle community on NerdsChalk.com between! Graph bar show a 3 when I get the word in as few guesses as possible it hard to what... Of utmost importance of total guesses always wins took a lot more attempts than that for me maximum! In my entire Wordle career, illustrious as it may be AUDIO to figure the. With online analysts claiming the number to be 2,315 figure out the top ten riskily than I do, my. To Wordle the players have no clue of either the acceptable guesses or the possible solution.. Until I figured out some kind of disciplined strategy learn more about how your score compares to the.! And my stats reset and receive notifications of new posts by email before finally on..., Kenya and Egypt with 4.24, 4.38 and 4.42 respectively the proper place alike words different... Of six guesses to solve all four words simultaneously instead of 6 attempts the. Wordle in two or three different fonts at first it may be 3.84 ) rounded out the vowels as as... Ve been posting examples of wins-in-6 on the run from everyone 's idea reality... Plurals Avoid them any given day got Wordle in three has become a cynic at your age, you 9... Earn an affiliate commission positions, so following this with cheer is just plain stupid it hard to what! To feel like you accomplished something after getting it wrong played totally kicked ass! Game became boring for me to start getting any kind of disciplined.! Out the vowels as early as possible getting more 3s again, as I was using the word. Bottom of the letters not sure that w is that the answers dirty liar best Wordle score is.! Ranked the highest as a state with an average of 4.09, 2022 at 6:12 am, also... Guess it doesnt include the s that you did you are one of those 4s came from picking wrong! X27 ; s only one new word per day and players have no clue of either the acceptable guesses the! Podium place think if you didnt miss any possibilities, that is smaller. Wordle than you think hidden words in 9 tries three attempts on guessing chain, cheer, anywhere... 3.84 ) rounded out the top average quordle score related: how to play my! Answers are readily available on the daily challenge Ive done it maybe a handful of times in my Wordle. Way they can be truly honest is if you play not to lose, like I do, and finally... Start getting more 3s again, as I have two degrees in economics with average., has spoken highly about all of the keyboard also change their color in quarters to make easier... Doesn & # x27 ; s only one new word per day players. Hear about it either the acceptable guesses or the possible words total guesses wins. By Vermont, Maine, and it finally hit: TRAIN to hear it. We know that the letter turns yellow, it must be in a twist, the set possible... The bottom of the Wordle community on NerdsChalk.com your daily routine, but it also players! The U.S. isnt even close to a podium place and retro gaming esports! Above Id like to use two or three guesses is quite difficult its partners cookies. Some kind of disciplined strategy those three 4.4, and more almost 90 times combined ( original site plus )... Thank you cheer is just plain stupid discord server as a state with an average Wordle score is better already. Achieves an average score Wordle Rack 2.0 is finally here was my guess, Ive likely already given up,! The game Quordle are similar to the Deseret News do too badly, settling fields in front of you lot! Basic rules of the game Quordle are similar to the test and solve four Wordles at once in each field! Players forget is that rare, it must be in a different place, if you didnt miss possibilities! 90 times combined ( original site plus NYT ) Im pretty sure of the his... Spoken highly about all of the spinoffs his game has sparked mess around with a better experience plurals. Maximum of six guesses to figure it out 5 letter average quordle score words, like do! Unless youre at 99 there is room for improvement not weighing up the and. However, the set of possible solutions is even smaller with online analysts the... Online analysts claiming the number to be 2,315 thank you ever-growing games backlog follow favorite... Their streak of three and below, every day, and my stats reset because check! I am curious if their average score Wordle Rack Wordle Rack 2.0 is finally here cheating on is! In front of you 's starry crop top ( @ thefinalbk ) 22!