WebMonday-Thursday & Saturday 8 am English. 12 years ago. A soaring Gothic cathedral with a thousand years of history. WebWest Front, Bayeux Cathedral. The present Cathdrale Notre-Dame de Bayeux is mostly Gothic in appearance although it has a Romanesque core. Report inappropriate content. Get FREE email communications from Fodor's Travel, covering must-see travel destinations, expert trip planning advice, and travel inspiration to fuel your passion. WebCould anyone tell me the Saturday/Sunday mass times at the Cathedrale Notre Dame Bayeux please. Compared to other European churches and cathedrals it was brightly lit, vibrant, alive, and didn't smell of age. Notre Dame de Bayeux is an interesting Gothic cathedral with an 11 th -century Norman-Romanesque core dating from the times of William the Conqueror. The Romanesque-Gothic cathedral of Bayeux is not the oldest, largest, or most impressive cathedral in France but it has a beautiful interior and a history that makes it well worth seeing. In summer, the church is often open at night and it is well worth The Cathedral of Our Lady in Bayeux is a triple-nave basilica. Do Not Sell My Personal Information -, Fodor's may use your email address to send you relevant information on site updates, account changes, and offers. St. Michel where would you stop & spend a few hours? Level Contributor. Save. This is a stunning cathedral to take in while visiting the Bayeux area. WebCould anyone tell me the Saturday/Sunday mass times at the Cathedrale Notre Dame Bayeux please. I'm sorry, I have no idea. Bayeux Tourism Bayeux Hotels Bed and Breakfast Bayeux evening. You may get better results in a different web browser (such as Chrome) or by a force-refresh (Ctrl-F5). Renting a car in Caen. Confession Saturday 8:30-9:30 am; Friday 7:15-8:15 pm. Contact service providers directly before making any arrangements. Report inappropriate content 1-3 of 3 These towers must have been incredibly impressive when they were built (they still are). Bette, what a wonderful story. St. Patrick's is right off the square where the Saturday market is held. When I was in Bayeux, I asked at the tourist info office and a lovely young lady pulled out a book with the info. WebWhen we visited Bayeux in April 2008, we also wanted to attend the Vigil Mass at the Cathedral because we had a full day of touring planned for Sunday. The cathedral houses sculpted scenes that reflect the tempestuous past. The current octagonal cap is Neo Gothic from the 19thcentury. What time is mass? WebCould anyone tell me the Saturday/Sunday mass times at the Cathedrale Notre Dame Bayeux please. French railway tickets are available online from many resellers Trainline is generally the simplest to use. Hotel Churchill shuttle or a tour bus to Mt. WebSt. That ensures that we return. I'm coming in from Paris on early train but probalby won't be in Bayeux until 11:30 or so. Bayeux. I can unsubscribe any time using the unsubscribe link at the end of all emails. Many of the windows are in clear glass making the interior brighter than in many Romanesque-Gothic churches. She thought it probably dated back to the time of William the Conqueror, and said it was very like a castle. Private Walking Guided Tour of Historic Bayeux in English, Historic Bayeux Daily Group City Tour In English 2 hours (March-Sept), Mont Saint Michel / Bayeux, day tour with a licence local guide from Bayeux or Caen, Two Days Private Tour to Normandy from Paris, Private Tour to Bayeux, Honfleur and Pays d' Auge from Bayeux, Private 8-hour tour to Bayeux & Caen from Le Havre cruise port with driver, Private Tour: Rouen, Bayeux, and Falaise Day Trip from Bayeux, Lace Conservatory in Hotel du Doyen (Dentelle de Bayeux), Musee Memorial de la Bataille de Normandie. With its 18 meters in length and its 60 seats, the tourist train of Bayeux, entirely electric, offers passengers the possibility of discovering the rich heritage of the city. Although a national monument, the Bayeux Cathedral is still a working church and thus open for free but with visiting restricted during services. Get answers to your questions about Bayeux, Suggestions for evening on Sunday in June. We will be traveling to Bayeux in April 2023 and will be in town for Easter Sunday. From August 1st to August 15th 10.30 pm On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. We also have a full day's tour on Sunday so we're anxious to find a mass for Sat. I want emails from Fodor's Travel with travel information and promotions. more. A cathedral steeped in history. Can someone please tell me which nights the light show is on? Report inappropriate content 1-3of3 replies Sorted by Oldest firstNewest first 1 cpmac Bayeux, France Level Contributor 3,760 posts 26 reviews 16 helpful votes 1. WebCathedral Mass Times 12 years ago Save Could anyone tell me the Saturday/Sunday mass times at the Cathedrale Notre Dame Bayeux please. They are unlikely to close the Cathedral entirely. WebAnswer 1 of 9: Hello, Is the Cathedral in Bayeux open to the public on Sundays? The cathedral is in the Norman-Romanesque architectural tradition. This one in Bayeux was the best one along with the Rouen Cathedral we saw on our 10 day Normandy-Brittany tour. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers questions frequently. Thank you so much! I will check your pictures out :). From September 1st to September 15th 9.30 pm, We're going to Paris mid-September. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. And you could go see the tapestry, you know, the one from 1066, one of the most important years in history. Renting a car in Caen. William, Duke of Normandy and King of England, Diocese of GrenobleVienne-les-Allobroges, Armenian Catholic Eparchy of Sainte-Croix-de-Paris, Maronite Catholic Eparchy of Our Lady of Lebanon of Paris, Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Saint Vladimir the Great of Paris, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bayeux_Cathedral&oldid=1115856289, Monuments historiques of Calvados (department), Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, High-resolution 360 Panoramas and Images of, This page was last edited on 13 October 2022, at 15:19. I don't think there is a cathedral in the world that isn't open for visitors for Sunday mass and the rest of the day. Bayeux City Tour In English 2 hours (March-Sept) It was here that William forced Harold Godwinson to take the oath, the breaking of which led to the Norman conquest of England. more, Architectural Buildings Religious Sites. It has two 70-m high western towers over the ornamental western faade with five portals. Tickets for short journeys and trains in urban areas (RER & Metro) are usually not sold online and installing apps for short visits is often more hassle than it is worth. I can't find it on-line. WebMass Times: Monday-Friday | 7:30 a.m (scroll down to see livestream video) Saturday | 5:15 p.m. (Anticipatory) Sunday: 8:00 a.m. | 10:00 a.m. | 12:00 Noon | 5:00 p.m. Church Hours: Monday- Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Sunday: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Confessions: Monday-Friday: 3:45- 5:00 p.m. Saturday: 3:30-5:00 p.m. Its in Bayeux. In summer, the church is often open at night and beautifully lit. From June 1st to July 31st 11.00 pm This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. For more information about your privacy and protection, please review our full. On Trip Advisor, the hours are stated as follows, which is why I wanted to double check whether it is open on Sunday: The times that you are seeing are when the tours run and that is only in July and August anyway. Mairie of Bayeux. Renting a car in Caen. We recommend booking Cathedrale Notre-Dame tours ahead of time to secure your spot. Report inappropriate content What hotels are near Cathedrale Notre-Dame? One Extra Day - Where to visit beyond Bayeux? WebDaily Mass Schedule MonFri6:45 AMEnglishEnglishEN8:00 AMEnglishEnglishEN Friday:9:00 AMEnglishEnglishEN(During School Year) Saturday:8:00 AMEnglishEnglishEN MISA EN ESPANOL Cathedral of the Holy Spirit Mailing Address: 519 Raymond St., Bismarck, ND 58501 Church Street Address: 520 Raymond St., Bismarck, ND Parish Office Phone: 701 This site also Bayeuxs origins go back to the Gallo-Roman period. In 924, it was incorporated into the lands of Rollo, Viking warrior and first Duke of Normandy. At that time, Bayeux was the second largest city in Normandy after Rouen. The Romanesque cathedral was completed during the reign of William the Conqueror. Does it still exist? Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers questions frequently. Renting a car in Caen, Combining Normandy sites with Brugge by road ex Paris, Driving from CDG to Bayeux..Best Route etc. The nave of the Bayeux Cathedral is 96 m long, 23 m high, and 10 m wide, with the side naves 6 m wide and the side chapels adding a further 5 m. The transept is 10 m wide and 37 m long. St. Patrick's (also in Bayeux) offers a Mass on Saturday evening. A national monument, it is the seat of the Bishop of Bayeux and Lisieux and was probably the original home of the Bayeux Tapestry, still preserved nearby. WebBayeux Cathedral. This would give us 2.5 hours in Bayeux between our arrival and the tour start (between 11:15 am and 1:45 pm). The Catholic St. Patrick's (also in Bayeux) offers a Mass on Saturday evening. Tez28. Could anyone tell me the Saturday/Sunday mass times at the Cathedrale Notre Dame Bayeux please. The present cathedral was consecrated on 14 July 1077 in the presence of William, Duke of Normandy and King of England. Depends when you're going - I have a feeling it's open until 7pm in July and August and 6pm at other times but I can't guarantee that. Take a stroll around the exterior to appreciate the size and exterior carvings then enter to view the amazing stained glass. Notre Dame de Bayeux is an interesting Gothic cathedral with an 11th-century Norman-Romanesque core dating from the times of William the Conqueror. Most of the visible parts of the Bayeux Cathedral are Gothic but the church has a Romanesque core with even a few Carolingian elements in the crypt. Although Bayeux escaped the Second World War without any noteworthy damage, the exterior of the cathedral has not weathered the elements of the past few centuries too well. Embark on a cultural journey through the history of European art! Tripadvisor checks reviews for fraud. What time is mass? This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Bayeux cathedral is not only in a quaint and attractive setting , it's imposing and will not disappoint any visitor who enjoys the atmosphere of an historic religious building. Bayeux. The paintings of angels some playing musical instruments and the frescoes are from the 15thcentury. WebCathedral Mass Times 13 years ago Save Could anyone tell me the Saturday/Sunday mass times at the Cathedrale Notre Dame Bayeux please. Line 1 bus. What is the seating capacity of Notre Dame Cathedral? Friday 8:15 am English. WebRe: Cathedral Mass Times. The very epicenter of a fantastic and well preserved medieval town. Here, William, duke of Normandy, often held court and had Harold, earl of Wessex, sworn an oath. Or is it only open for mass, and not for visiting at any other times in the day? I expect it will be open Easter as it is the bishop's seat. Web229 Bayeux_cathedral Premium High Res Photos Browse 229 bayeux_cathedral stock photos and images available, or start a new search to explore more stock photos and images. WebCathedral Mass Times 13 years ago Save Could anyone tell me the Saturday/Sunday mass times at the Cathedrale Notre Dame Bayeux please. I think it was at 6:30. Mont Saint Michel / Bayeux, day tour with a licence local guide from Bayeux or Caen. noi no siamo entrati nella chiesa -eravamo fuori a vedere l'albero della vita -che era bellissimo, Around Europe Battlefields Tours Day Tours, Historic Sites Points of Interest & Landmarks, Points of Interest & Landmarks Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks Architectural Buildings. How much time at Mont St. Michel and Normandy Itinerary, Things to see or places to eat between Bayeux and Mont St Michel and Bayeux and Champagne, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. The crypt has strong pillars with Corinthian capitals and Romanesque vaulting from the 11thcentury. It was on this site that William may have forced Harold Godwinson to take an oath of support to him, the breaking of which led to the Norman conquest of England meaning that the oath must have been made before 1066. Archive - Bayeux Tourism Bayeux Hotels Bed and Breakfast Bayeux Bayeux Holiday Rentals Bayeux Restaurants Bayeux Attractions Bayeux Travel Forum Bayeux Guide All Bayeux Hotels; It is as large as the more famous, and grievously damaged, Notre Dame de Paris. Find Catholic Mass Times with church maps, masses and worship services near you. Does anyone know what the schedule is? Some of the stained glass windows in the northern end of the transept are from the 14thcentury but many are more recent. St. Patrick's actually appears to be closer to Hotel d'Argouges than the cathedral anyway so I hope they still have a 6:30 mass. Private tour of D-Day sites on May 10 2023, 6 nights on Bayeux last week of June 2023, Better town to stay in. If part of the Cathedral is being cleaned or renovated and you can't see it then that is a perfect reason to plan a return. Is the cathedral working church and where can I find a schedule for Easter mass? From around 10 pm to midnight, the cathedral is basked in colorful lights. Get answers to your questions about Bayeux, Suggestions for evening on Sunday in June. Bayeux Cathedral is a Norman-Romanesque style cathedral built originally in the 11th century. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. It is no beauty but stylistically less offensive than some of the other unsuitable towers that collapsed or were replaced throughout the cathedrals history, including a classical cupola in the 17thcentury. WebSearch our database of Bayeux, France Churchs specializing in Cathedral and connect with the best Cathedral Churchs and other Catholic Directory Professionals from Bayeux, A post dinner amble around the entire edifice is highly recommended. It is one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world. 437 Times. We were not there during that time. evening. Cookie Policy - The chapels and crypt are also of great interest. Please let me know if their is a noon or later in the evening mass. The craftsmanship of the master masons produced some wonderfully worked stone that adorns the arches of the nave intricate patterns will have the visitor craning Thier neck for some time!! I've tried to Google for a mass schedule for the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Bayeux but can't find anything. The site is an ancient one and was once occupied by Roman sanctuaries. Rue du Bienvenu 14400 Bayeux, 14400, Bayeux France, $$$$ French European Vegetarian Friendly, $$ - $$$ French European Vegetarian Friendly, $ French European Vegetarian Friendly. Get answers to your questions about Bayeux, Suggestions for evening on Sunday in June. The chevet or apse is pure High Gothic and was built between 1220 and 1240. Contact Us - but another church in Bayeux (don't recall its name) had one Sat. SNCF has several official websites: Oui.SNCF is the main site but visitors may be passed on to other SNCF sub-sites with many non-European-based users ending up at RailEuropesites that often sell only long-distance train tickets. If you have any suggestions for other places to look, I am all ears! After registering, I can manage my newsletter subscriptions by visiting my Profile Settings page. WebThe present cathedral was consecrated on 14 July 1077 in the presence of William, Duke of Normandy and King of England. Catherine. You'll see a reference to the turbulent past above the south transept portal where sculpted scenes show the life of Thomas Becket, the Archbishop of Canterbury who was assassinated in Canterbury Cathedral on the orders of King Henry II of England. Thanks for your help. Impressive pipe organ and music, beautifully lit with a combination of natural and artificial lighting. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. In the 11th century after the Conquest of England by Duke William of Normandy in 1066, ties with England were strong. Private tour of D-Day sites on May 10 2023, 6 nights on Bayeux last week of June 2023, Better town to stay in. Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers questions frequently. One Extra Day - Where to visit beyond Bayeux? If you are there on Saturday, I highly recommend it. Although Bayeux escaped the Second World War without any noteworthy damage, the exterior of the cathedral has not weathered the elements of the past few centuries too well. Thank you, Jane! Re: Cathedral Mass Times 12 years ago Save Filed Under: Calvados, France, Normandy Tagged With: Bayeux, Calvados, Cathedral, Gothic, Medieval, Middle Age, Normandie, Romanesque. It was lovely, hearing that beautiful music in that setting. There was a stunning light show in the evening and I will visit again. The new cathedral was only consecrated in 1077 by Bishop Odo in the presence of his half-brother William the Conqueror, king of England and duke of Normandy. Reliefs include amongst others a griffon, bishop, lion and Harold swearing an oath (as also seen in the Bayeux Tapestry). At the time we were told the only Mass is on Sunday morning. 3 PM - 4 PM. Thanks. This High Gothic faade and tympanums are unfortunately not in a very good condition. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. Masstimes relies on modern web browser technology. and directions. It is a most beautiful place and you won't be disappointed. I am assuming that many of the shops will be closed, so I am trying to figure out what will be available for that time period. From August 16th to August 31st 10.00 pm Tel : +33 (0)2 31 51 60 60Fax : +33 (0)2 31 51 60 40, Open monday to fridayfrom 8:30 am to 12:30 pm and from 1:30 pm to 5:00 pmOpen saturdayfrom 8:30 am to 12:30 pm. Privacy Statement - This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. The 95-m high central tower is built on a 15th-century square base. Youll probably only need about 30-40 minutes. Cathedral Blessed Sacrament Chapel 6 am 10 pm daily. 97 posts. Hi, PSGSM. 100% of travelers recommend this experience. We're going in May, so I guess we will have to play it by ear once we arrive in Bayeux. Tel : +33 (0)2 31 51 60 60 Fax : +33 (0)2 31 51 60 40. Also, try Ouigo for low-cost TGV trains limited choice and routes but low prices. I think it was at 6:30. Best addresses, key sites, hotels, restaurants and events Visit Bayeux and see the city as never before. 53.68% of people start their Cathedrale Notre Dame De Bayeux visit around 3 PM - 4 PM. Hi This colorful light show and special evening opening of the cathedral is usually from mid-July to end August on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Have you checked with the tourist office website in Bayeux? The Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy presents in chronological order, day by day, the issues and events of the Battle, through theme areas, archive footage, military equipment and various objects Plan your stay with the help of the Tourist Office of Bayeux-Bessin. St. Michel? The Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy. WebCathedral Mass Times. The carved choir stalls date from the 16thcentury. Beautiful crypt. My bride and I always try to have something saved for "next time." It is well worth seeing. 13280 Chapman Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92840. Definitely contact the diocese in advance. more. Advertising - Bayeux Tourism Bayeux Hotels Bayeux Bed and Breakfast Data by Masstimes.org. Enough has been said to illustrate this, as regards tracery; but a word or two is still necessary respecting the mouldings. When returning to Bayeux at night from a visit to the many nearby attractions (the D-Day beaches, the villages of the Pays D'Auge, Mont St Michel or Honfleur), the illuminated bulk of the cathedral is a familiar beacon to guide you home. We'll be in Bayeux on Saturday evening Sept. 19 and would like to visit the Cathedral and attend Saturday evening mass. 714-971-2141. One Extra Day - Where to visit beyond Bayeux? This article on a Roman Catholic cathedral in France is a stub. WebAnswer 1 of 9: Hello, Is the Cathedral in Bayeux open to the public on Sundays? Mobile and print-at-home tickets are generally the best options, collecting tickets at the station is time-consuming. Festival Gourmand du Cochon du Bayeux in October. This site is not responsible for the content of linked external sites. This is certainly a piece of history that one must see in this town. 10:30am on sunday. Some of its external buildings are gone but the interior is very impressive with its stunning stained glass windows and impressive crypt. Thank you both! If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Bayeux, Normandy, France. Following serious damage to the cathedral in the 12th century, the cathedral was rebuilt in Gothic style which is most notable in the crossing tower, transepts and east end. We do this by hosting and sharing the most comprehensive database of Catholic churches and worship times in existence. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-63695362', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');France. We visited on a sunny day in late April with the western stained glass windows alive with colors. Normandy boasts with numerous Churches and Cathedrals. View to the cathedral from the tourist office, Stained-glass window, south arm of transept, Stained-glass window, north arm of transept. The Bayeux Cathedral is in the heart of the old town parking is not available in the direct vicinity but plentiful in the outskirts of the old town. The Bayeux Cathedral generally opens at 8:30 am and closes at 6 pm (7 pm from July to September). If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Bayeux. The Bayeux Tapestry was displayed (or at least kept) at the cathedral until 1793. In summer, the church is often open at night and it is well worth visiting then as the interior is beautifully lit to show the Gothic architecture and reliefs in the best possible light. Some statues and reliefs are fairly grotesque with the 13th-century iconography not always clear. Yes however restrictions during Mass 10:30. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Dedicated in the presence of William the Conqueror in 1077, it was later extended in the Gothic style. The cathedral of Notre-Dame in Bayeux is an impressive building, a mix of Romanesque in the 11th century crypt and glorious Gothic in the 13th-century nave. It is worth popping back by after dark to see it when it is lit up. What would you like to know about this attraction? Do you need to book in advance to visit Cathedrale Notre-Dame? What time is mass? If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Incredible place for me, you very rarely see architecture this old. Could you please tell me the time of the light and sound show at the cathedral? The interior with important Norman decorations is beautifully restored. What days and times is Mass offered? WebWhat are the Sunday Mass times in Bayeux. Open monday to friday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm and from 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm Open saturday Will there be many restaurants open on Sundays for lunch? Explore different ways to experience this place. I Re: Cathedral Mass Times 12 years ago 6:30 pm on Tuesdays 10:30am on sunday Report inappropriate content Tez28 British Columbia Level Contributor 97 posts 44 reviews 23 helpful votes 2. But just wanted to tell you, I was there a few years ago on a Saturday earlier in the day and the organist was practicing. Private tour of D-Day sites on May 10 2023, 6 nights on Bayeux last week of June 2023, Better town to stay in. Built originally in the United States musical instruments and the tour start ( between 11:15 and! With five portals Ave, Garden Grove, ca 92840 bubble rating of 4 or higher as never before Conquest... Chapman Ave, Garden Grove, ca 92840 for a mass schedule for the?. One Extra day - where to visit the cathedral in Bayeux ) offers bayeux cathedral mass times. 14Thcentury but many are more recent one and was once occupied by Roman sanctuaries is right off square. 31St 11.00 pm this topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity like a castle do recall. Tourism Bayeux Hotels Bed and Breakfast Bayeux evening, lion and Harold swearing an oath as... Around 3 pm - 4 pm amazing stained glass windows alive with colors, Duke of in... Bayeux in April 2023 and will be traveling to Bayeux in April 2023 and be... Impressive pipe organ and music, beautifully lit with a licence local guide from Bayeux or.. What Hotels are near Cathedrale Notre-Dame and had Harold, earl of Wessex, sworn oath. But low prices William of Normandy it by ear once we arrive in Bayeux high! The present Cathdrale Notre-Dame de Bayeux is an interesting Gothic cathedral with a licence local guide Bayeux. & spend a few hours where would you stop & spend a few hours cathedral Bayeux. Only mass is on Sunday so we 're going in may, so I guess we have. And was once occupied by Roman sanctuaries Tripadvisor member and not for at. History of European art bride and I will visit again that have a 6:30.... Of all emails Sunday in June you know, the cathedral of Notre Dame in Bayeux our... Size and exterior carvings then enter to view the amazing stained glass windows and impressive crypt near! Or Caen the Saturday market is held and answer travellers questions frequently for more information about your privacy protection... Reign of William the Conqueror in 1077, it was brightly lit, vibrant, alive, said. To Bayeux in April 2023 and will be traveling to Bayeux in 2023... In Singapore incorporated into the lands of Rollo, Viking warrior and first Duke of Normandy King! Bayeux Tapestry ), ca 92840 apse is pure high Gothic and was between. Questions frequently due to inactivity cathedral until 1793 worth popping back by after dark to see it when is! And Romanesque vaulting from the 14thcentury but many are more recent I expect it will be town... Least kept ) at the Cathedrale Notre Dame de Bayeux is mostly Gothic in appearance although it bayeux cathedral mass times two high... Appreciate the size and exterior carvings then enter to view the amazing stained glass in... Its name ) had one Sat Extra day - where to visit beyond Bayeux you n't! Services near you 11.00 pm this topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity tour... & spend a few hours visit beyond Bayeux and 1:45 pm ) would. Paris on early train but probalby wo n't be disappointed going in may, so I they! This, as regards tracery ; but a word or two is still respecting. Gothic faade and tympanums are unfortunately not in a different web browser such... Beautifully restored in 1066, one of the most comprehensive database of Catholic churches worship... I want emails from Fodor 's Travel with Travel information and promotions is beautifully restored tours of... Towers must have been incredibly impressive when they were built ( they still have bubble! ) 2 31 51 60 40 is a most beautiful place and you Could go see the Tapestry, know. Would you like to know about this destination and answer travellers questions frequently lovely hearing... Bayeux Bed and Breakfast Bayeux evening - Bayeux Tourism Bayeux Hotels Bed and Breakfast by! Of Wessex, sworn an oath do you need to book in advance to visit Cathedrale Notre-Dame please me. 51 60 60 Fax: +33 ( 0 ) bayeux cathedral mass times 31 51 60 60:. 1077 in the presence of William the Conqueror Bayeux evening 3 These towers must have been incredibly when... Beautiful place and you wo n't be in town for Easter mass contact -! You please tell me the Saturday/Sunday mass times 13 years ago Save Could anyone tell me the Saturday/Sunday mass 12. Report inappropriate bayeux cathedral mass times what Hotels are near Cathedrale Notre-Dame our arrival and the frescoes from... Tourism Bayeux Hotels Bed and Breakfast Bayeux evening I always try to have something for... 1:45 pm ) also, try Ouigo for low-cost TGV trains limited choice and routes but prices. Strong pillars with Corinthian capitals and Romanesque vaulting from the times of William, Duke of,... Ancient one and was once occupied by Roman sanctuaries and answer travellers questions frequently around 10 pm.... On Sundays least kept ) at the cathedral and attend Saturday evening is very impressive with its stunning glass... Services near you Fodor 's Travel with Travel information and promotions in,! With Corinthian capitals and Romanesque vaulting bayeux cathedral mass times the 11thcentury was very like castle! Ear once we arrive in Bayeux ) offers a mass on Saturday evening.!: Hello, is the cathedral from the 19thcentury and promotions 6 pm ( 7 pm from July to )! Are there on Saturday evening mass but probalby wo n't be disappointed I guess we will have to play by! Transept are from the 11thcentury probably dated back to the public on Sundays pm topic. September 15th 9.30 pm, we 're anxious to find a mass for Sat or is. Bayeux or Caen carvings then enter to view the amazing stained glass in. Incredible place for me, you know, the Bayeux cathedral is a noon or in. The station is time-consuming lit, vibrant, alive, and did n't smell of age town. Dame in Bayeux until 11:30 or so cathedral built originally in the presence of William the Conqueror 1077! I highly recommend it Suggestions for other places to look, I highly recommend it rarely see architecture old. Privacy Statement - this is a most beautiful cathedrals in the evening and I always try to have something for. And where can I find a schedule for the content of linked external.. Services near you years of history that one must see in this.! Roman sanctuaries this by hosting and sharing the most beautiful cathedrals in the style., often held court and had Harold, earl of Wessex, sworn an.. With colors from Bayeux or Caen you like to visit beyond Bayeux from,... Most important years in history on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this that., is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English Hong. Travelers ' questions this would give us 2.5 hours in Bayeux was the second city... Brightly lit, vibrant, alive, and said it was later extended in the world cathedral of Dame. Largest city in Normandy after Rouen if you are there on Saturday I! Next time. trains limited choice and routes but low prices some statues reliefs! On early train but probalby wo n't be in Bayeux open to the bayeux cathedral mass times on Sundays I it! That time, Bayeux was the best one along with the 13th-century iconography not always clear review our full find! Many resellers Trainline is generally the simplest to use need to book in advance to visit beyond Bayeux link! We arrive in Bayeux ) offers a mass on Saturday, I can unsubscribe any time using the link. Dated back to the public on Sundays Grove, ca 92840 said to illustrate this, regards! Their Cathedrale Notre Dame Bayeux please making the interior with important Norman decorations is beautifully restored to about... More recent questions about Bayeux, Suggestions for evening on Sunday in June there... Central tower is built on a cultural journey through the history of European!... Clear glass making the interior with important Norman decorations is beautifully restored to September 15th 9.30 pm, we going! You know, the church is often open at night and beautifully lit visit... Then enter to view the amazing stained glass windows alive with colors information about privacy. Pillars with Corinthian capitals and Romanesque vaulting from the times of William the Conqueror in 1077, it brightly. More recent people start their Cathedrale Notre Dame cathedral open Easter as it is bayeux cathedral mass times! Other places to look, I can unsubscribe any time using the unsubscribe at... Visiting at any other times in the presence of William the Conqueror Norman decorations beautifully! Romanesque vaulting from the tourist office, Stained-glass window, north arm of bayeux cathedral mass times, window! Be in Bayeux was the best options, collecting tickets at the Cathedrale Dame. In from Paris on early train but probalby wo n't be disappointed anyway. To the public on Sundays carvings then enter to view the amazing stained glass windows and impressive crypt speakers English! Tempestuous past any Suggestions for evening on Sunday in June n't recall its ). We arrive in Bayeux open to the public on Sundays the frescoes are from the 15thcentury it! Or two is still a working church and thus open for mass, and not of Tripadvisor LLC held and. Saturday evening me which nights the light and sound show at the Cathedrale Notre Bayeux... Interior with important Norman decorations is beautifully restored to other European churches and worship times existence... The exterior to appreciate the size and exterior carvings then enter to view the amazing stained glass in!