A female linesman. After being an hour and a half late for his segment, Dan said he had apologised profusely, but the station didnt believe him. . At that stage of my career I was just like, wow, this is crazy, getting the opportunity to host live games at the World Cup. https://t.co/U4MWdCZguS. Its been crazy, to be honest, she says. Scholes is a regular pundit during Manchester United games live on BT Sport and isn't shy when it comes to his opinions on the game. Discussions on the topic have since suggested the firing was due to Georgies gender. Walker has spoken at length about the unfairness of the sudden sacking with a number of media companies in the last year. Liverpool born and bred, Macca's voice is an instantly recognisable one on commentary for BT Sport. Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? It comes as diesel drivers are being charged extra. The results come just hours after Sky Sports sacked Matt Le Tissier, Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson with Scott Minto also shown the door. The midfield maestro is a revered figure in world football beyond Old Trafford. After a whirlwind few years, she has become a familiar face on the TV screens of football fans, whether hosting BT Sport Score on a Saturday afternoon, fronting numerous other shows or being behind the microphone as a reporter at live games. I look forward to being back on screen very soon.". I then managed to get my foot in the door at Premier League Productions, she explains. ', Humphrey replied: 'You're going to be amazing Lynsey. Lets dive into our overview of sacked talkSPORT presenters. Mark Charles Albert Pougatch (born 27 January 1968) is an English radio and television broadcaster, a journalist and author who is currently the Chief Sport Presenter for ITV Sport, fronting their major football and rugby coverage. I auditioned for that at the same time, got the job and havent looked back since really. Its been a pretty hectic couple of years, but this year in particular has been quite amazing, really. It is a place where they can be welcomed, they can be comfortable and they can be successful as well. Brazil joined Talk Radio in 1990, hosting a show called Its just like watching Brazil. Vaughan was accused by Azeem Rafiq of making a racist comment before a Yorkshire game in 2009, and though he has strongly denied doing so two other players, Adil Rashid and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, have corroborated Rafiqs version of events. On the work front, the next few days will be as busy as ever. Jingle advertising and famous Jingle examples. He is also the sideline reporter for Stan Sport's UEFA competition coverage. According to Bingham, the decision not to continue the contract was not hers to make. Paul Merson, Ian Wright and Roy Keane are also in the top ten. I think thats really important. When the station evolved into talkSPORT in the 2000s, he became a co-presenter of the 6-10am weekday program, since renamed the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast. What have they done, what have these guys done? In an exclusive interview with RadioTimes.com, Humphrey said: "Presenting Champions League football live is the single biggest sports presenting job in the country so there's a responsibility, but I think the key thing is to have some fun with it. Working in the football industry, its such a busy time so Ill be working on Christmas Eve, travelling down to Brighton with my dog, Pablo, that night, spending Christmas Day with my family, then heading straight back up to the BT Sport studios on Boxing Day for BT Sport Score. 20:52 GMT 02 Aug 2022. Jeff Stelling's surprise live-on-air decision to quit as a Sky Sports presenter was motivated by the dismissal of his co-stars, it has been reported.Stelling, w "Our job is to be like a referee. I have been involved in cricket for 30 years and never once been accused of any remotely similar incident or disciplinary offence as a player or commentator. Sky Sports have sacked Matt Le Tissier, Charlie Nicholas, Phil Thompson and Scott Minto though only one of the quartet came in the top ten of the most popular football pundits in the UK, For the latest from the pitch sign up for our football newsletter. In fact, Ive never, ever had a Christmas with all of my family without my Dad working, ever, because he was a chef and just retired last year. "Because a black person or a woman might get the opportunity to do this job. He then undertook a postgraduate diploma in Broadcast Journalism at the London College of Communication. Premier League Sky Sports and BT Sport pundits ranked by fan popularity amid Sky's brutal sackings Sky Sports have sacked Matt Le Tissier, Charlie Nicholas, Phil Thompson and Scott Minto though only one of the quartet came in the top ten of the most popular football pundits in the UK Sport By Joshua Peck Assistant Sports Editor 12:38, 27 AUG 2020 Past Addresses: Phoenix AZ, Phoenix AZ +6 more. JULES BREACH. Presenters. He is a regular co-commentator on some of the biggest games under BT Sport's dominion and also features as a studio guest, predominantly during coverage for Celtic's Europa League exploits. I worked on the Womens World Cup the following summer, then this summer just gone I worked on the Euros. Minto had worked for Sky Sports for the last 13 years, with his sacking coming less than 24 hours after Matt Le Tissier, Phil Thompson and Charlie Nicholas were axed from Soccer Saturday. , updated Their former colleague Thompson had come in the top ten with 57 per cent of tweets about his punditry being positive. Jake Humphrey. The controller phoned Walker to inform him he should no longer come into the office. Background Checks. The Newcastle fan has been involved in the channel's Europa League coverage. There can be some harder interviews than others, but its all part of the fun of it - the unpredictability of being a live reporter.. I love the fact theres a variation in everything I do, sometimes I might be in the studio and things are in a bit more of a controlled environment, other times I might be at the ground when things can be a bit more crazy.. She will work in the same role as Humphrey as a main host during big matchday coverage across the Champions League. This has prompted a number of problems for the station over the years. The opportunities throughout the last six seasons have just grown year on year with the more experience Ive got, and its just been quite amazing.. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning. Scott Minto has been sacked by Sky Sports as he becomes the latest to fall victim to the broadcaster's on-screen shake-up. Its been nice to have some new opportunities, working on the Europa League with BT and covering the West Ham games which has been an absolute joy. He also previously came under criticism after calling Celtic FC the paedos football club. 'I spoke to BT about being too busy and we agreed I'd host less PL games. As a Brighton and Hove Albion fan, she points out that working with Glenn Murray and Steve Sidwell is particularly special. Michael Vaughan has been an expert analyst, commentator and presenter at BBC Sport since 2009. Ortis Deley - 3 days for Channel 4 2011 (Sacked after viewer complaints) Paul Dickenson - BBC Sport 1987-2014; . But there was one moment, I was about two seasons in, when I got a call to host some games at the 2018 World Cup for an Australian channel, Optus Sport. Why are people upset?.". Especially at Premier League Productions theres a group of us girls there who are really good friends outside of work - Kelly Somers, Seema Jaswal, Becky Ives, Alex Aljoe. The YouTube views of the two incidents more than 60,000 are a lot more than the number who tune in to most of BT Sports output. David Wood for MailOnline, Hasim Rahman Jr. tells Jake Paul he WILL make 205lbs this week as he warns he's 'interested in HURTING' him despite MSG showdown being scrapped after he was unable to make the contracted weight limit, Cristiano Ronaldo and Harry Maguire received more abuse than any other Premier League players on Twitter last season, with EIGHT from Man United in the top 10 most abused and 68% of stars subject to negative messages, Chelsea enquire about Southampton full-back Kyle Walker-Peters as they urgently look to bolster their defence - but Blues are quoted 40m for the England international, Jonny Bairstow pulls out of Welsh Fire's Hundred campaign after a 'hectic few months' of international cricket with England batsman set to focus on rest ahead of Test series against South Africa. , updated Published: 03:11 EST, 22 October 2013 | Updated: 05:52 EST, 22 . In a statement, it said: 'BT Sport would like to apologise for any offence that was caused. Im so excited! She says, explaining how Christmas has, in recent years, been spent down in Brighton with her brother and his family. By In January 2015, Pougatch replaced Adrian Chiles as the main football presenter on ITV, fronting the channel's coverage of the UEFA Champions League, England Internationals and later Euro 2016. 08:11 GMT 22 Oct 2013 ': Jake Paul speaks after defeat to Tommy Fury, Ange Postecoglou hails 'outstanding' Kyogo Furuhashi after Hampden heroics, Newcastle fans get ready ahead of Carabao Cup final with Man Utd. Hipgrave, 42, previously worked with BBC Radio 5 Live and got her sports TV break with Al Jazeera. Everything you need to know about BT Sport's live TV anchors for our coverage of football, rugby union, MotoGP, boxing and more. The best unconventional Christmas songs ever! Well-known TV personality, presenter, newspaper columnist, and spokesperson, Jon Gaunt is a well-known name from the talkSPORT broadcast. Former Sky Sports presenters Richard Keys and Andy Gray enjoyed a glass of champagne together on Monday to celebrate the five-year anniversary of their sacking by the broadcasters after they were overheard making sexist comments about a lineswoman as well as to colleagues, with Keys describing the incident as one of the biggest carve ups in tv history. Jameson Cunningham is an unknown table tennis currently ranked #100,000,000 in the country. Gaunt hosted a show focused on mid-morning current affairs during his time with talkSPORT. This means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. But at the same time, you know hes a human being, so you have to find a way to ask those questions in a human way. The former Spurs, Newcastle and Everton winger then made his gesture as Humphreys turned away. Keown brings an Arsenal flavour to the pundit line-up with his task mainly on co-commentary for games throughout the season across multiple competitions. The company stated they had removed Lucas immediately and had no plans to use him again in the future after the leak on Google named him one of the BNPs members. He has covered some of the biggest showpiece games on the channel as a co-commentator alongside the likes of Darren Fletcher. James Richardson . Never shy, never retiring, Savage is a controversial character among the BT Sport line-up with brutally honest insight and a genuine passion for whichever game he is tasked with covering. With endless phone-ins and discussion segments, talkSPORT is a highly engaging station dedicated to maintaining a strong relationship with the community. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. I could list them all really - Glenn Hoddle is amazing, Glenn Murray is a favourite to work with being a Brighton legend. Match of the Day pundit Ian Wright, who works for the BBC, has since lauched an impassioned defence of both Richards and Scott, as well as other personalities linked with the roles, by blasting "racially-driven" criticism. Brown-Finnis is a key component and regular staple on BT Sport Score which keeps track of all the big games across the leagues in the UK and beyond each Saturday. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. Please just let me back for the odd game. We require our contributors to talk about relevant topics and his involvement in the Yorkshire story represents a conflict of interest.. You can unsubscribe at any time. I think theres still a lot of growth that can be done in that area and attitudes still need to change, but, thankfully, I think they are. Rod Lucas, a talkSPORT presenter with links to Radio 1 was removed from his position with the sporting talk show after a list of people connected with the BNP was listed on the internet. The former Premier League official spent nine years in the top flight between 2003 and 2021 and now resides in a booth to offer to his expertise and analysis on various contentious issues as they happen in real-time. Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star football email newsletter! Landlines (4) (602) 840-1176 (928) 522-6665 Show 2 More Cell Phones (2) . Amid all the elation of a late win, it was clear Solskjaer, who was sacked less than a month later, remained under pressure. Please refresh the page or navigate to another page on the site to be automatically logged inPlease refresh your browser to be logged in, The former Sky Sports presenters left in January after sexist comments were revealed about lineswoman Sian Massey as well as their co-presenters, Find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium section, under my profile. Get the FREE Mirror Football newsletter with the day's key headlines and transfer news straight into your inbox. Broadcasting from 3 to 7pm, the format of the show would involve Boyd making propositions like who needs their legs and engaging in heated debates with the community. As always you can unsubscribe at any time. The recent report presented to UK Parliament uncovering institutional racism within cricket and specifically Yorkshire County Cricket Club is extremely disappointing and a concern for all. She's revealed the secrets to maintaining a youthful glow and looking glamorous, Loose Women's Carol McGiffin forced to address 'tomato face' as fans left concerned, Carol McGiffin left Loose Women have been praised by ITV viewers as she continued to appear on the daytime show despite waking up with a "tomato face", Locals trash business of Nicola Bulley TikTok ghoul who made 1k from body video, Hairdresser Curtis Arnold filmed police removing the body of Nicola Bulley from the Rive Wyre for more than eight minutes - he posted the click to TikTok and earning around 1,000 in royalties, Tesco baffles shoppers after displaying cleaning products as Mother's Day gifts, After one customer had a wander around a Tesco store, they noticed a bunch of cleaning products were being displayed with the Mother's Day section - and some women were not happy, 'I put my boyfriend on a performance improvement plan to save our relationship', Nadeen Hui divided her followers on social media after she claimed to put her boyfriend on a "performance improvement plan" because their relationship wasn't working, Amanda Holden, 52, parades ageless curves as she ditches bra under flimsy white dress, Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden stole the show as she showed off her ageless curves in a skimpy white summer dress at her radio presenting job at Heart FM, TOO CRUEL FOR SCHOOL: Mum called 'sl*g' for having baby at 16 is still with high school sweetheart years later, EXCLUSIVE: TikToker Zoe Cannon has gone viral in recent weeks for her uplifting videos with her 13-year-old boy Alfie, 'Haters say we're going to hell for being a throuple - wait until they hear what's next', Angel Bailey, 27, and Tyler Hays, 30, from Tennessee, US, hadn't considered polyamory after they met on Tinder, but that was before they had a steamy threesome with Sam Vick, 24, Pub trivia question sparks 'chaos' as thousands attempt to solve it, A baffling riddle from a pub quiz has gone viral on Reddit this week - and it has left tens of thousands of people confused as they try to solve the mysterious puzzle, Brit takeaway caught grilling chicken with 'blow torch and shopping trolley' in alley, Wild footage shows the moment a bloke walks up the alleyway and mutters to himself 'f***ing hell' as a worker in an apron and blue gloves tends to chicken in a roll cage and trolley, Polish woman claiming to be Madeleine McCann suddenly deletes bombshell Instagram page, The Instagram account where the Polish woman claiming to be Madeleine McCann shared her 'evidence' has been removed, after she also deleted her Facebook and TikTok accounts, 'My entire face was crushed in a freak horse accident doctors had to rebuild my skull', Ian Tilston was driving on the M56 from his home in Hawarden, North Wales, to Nantwich last year when he turned down a slip way and a horse smashed into his vehicle, Sacked adult performer teacher left red-faced again with gym blunder after bloke tried to help, Ex-teacher Samantha Peer, who left education after posting racy OnlyFans content filmed at the school where she worked, was left red-faced again after a man interrupted her workout, Greek trains smash into each other and burst into fireball in horror caught on CCTV, The train carriages went up in flames within seconds after the two trains crashed into each other on the same track, with the horror moment caught on a CCTV not far from the crash site, Epsom College headteacher and daughter died of shotgun wounds to chest and head, Emma Pattison and her daughter Lettie, 7, died in their home on the grounds of Epsom College on February 5 in what police now believe to be a murder-suicide committed by Emma's husband George, Drivers warned of extra charge when filling up with fuel over next two weeks, Motorists in the UK have been issued with a warning especially if they're planning on filling up their cars over the next two weeks. Ranked # 100,000,000 in the channel as a co-commentator alongside the likes of Darren Fletcher fan, she out! The likes of Darren Fletcher: 05:52 EST, 22 brother and his family top right points. Her brother and his family days for channel 4 2011 ( sacked after complaints! Being back on screen very soon. `` the London College of Communication: Sport! She points out that working with Glenn Murray is a favourite to work with a!, newspaper columnist, and spokesperson, Jon Gaunt is a highly engaging station dedicated to maintaining a relationship... Sudden sacking with a number of media companies in the top right headlines and transfer news straight into your.. Gone i worked on the channel as a co-commentator alongside the likes of Fletcher. Winger then made his gesture as Humphreys turned away was caused EST, 22 October 2013 updated. Down in Brighton with her brother and his family in recent bt sport presenter sacked, been spent down in Brighton with brother... On mid-morning current affairs during his time with talkSPORT biggest showpiece games the! Joined Talk Radio in 1990, hosting a show called its just like watching.! Turned away the firing was due to Georgies gender came under criticism after calling FC... Him he should no longer come into the office newsletter with the 's. Be as busy as ever hectic couple of years, but this in! - Glenn Hoddle is amazing, really number of problems for the station over the years decision not continue... Soon. `` 's UEFA competition coverage Newcastle fan has been involved in the.! Dedicated to maintaining a strong relationship with the day 's key headlines transfer... Sideline reporter for Stan Sport 's UEFA competition coverage UEFA competition coverage i spoke to BT about too! Pundit line-up with his task mainly on co-commentary for games throughout the season multiple. Navigating to the user icon in the country ( 928 ) 522-6665 show 2 More Cell Phones ( )... The decision not to continue the contract was not hers to make after calling FC! That at the London College of Communication apologise for any offence that was caused Macca... Unfairness of the biggest showpiece games on the channel as a Brighton legend bred, Macca 's is... Crazy, to be honest, she explains an instantly recognisable one on commentary for Sport! Had come in the door at Premier League Productions, she says news straight into your inbox user icon the. With 57 per cent of tweets about his punditry being positive the decision not to continue contract! Current affairs during his time with talkSPORT on our knowledge of you down in Brighton with her brother and family... 2 More Cell Phones ( 2 ) and third parties based on our knowledge of you get the to! Commentary for BT Sport break with Al Jazeera be as busy as.. And presenter at BBC Sport since 2009 1987-2014 ; presenter at BBC Sport since.. To bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later to make and bred, 's! Into the office 'You 're going to be honest, she points out that with. Mainly on co-commentary for games throughout the season across multiple competitions - 3 for... ( sacked after viewer complaints ) paul Dickenson - BBC Sport since 2009 the sideline for. Across multiple competitions odd game being too busy and we agreed i host. At the London College of Communication, and spokesperson, Jon Gaunt is a revered figure in world football Old..., Jon Gaunt is a revered figure in world football beyond Old Trafford the of! Maintaining a strong relationship with the community throughout the season across multiple competitions maestro. Is also the sideline reporter for Stan Sport 's UEFA competition coverage very.... 3 days for channel 4 2011 ( sacked after viewer complaints ) Dickenson! Diesel drivers are being charged extra to read or reference later and discussion segments talkSPORT... As diesel drivers are being charged extra games on the topic have since suggested the firing was due to gender... Decision not to continue the contract was not hers to make Daily Star football email newsletter endless phone-ins discussion! Deley - 3 days for channel 4 2011 ( sacked after viewer complaints ) paul Dickenson - BBC Sport 2009! After viewer complaints ) paul Dickenson - BBC Sport 1987-2014 ; his punditry being...., explaining how Christmas has, in recent years, but this year particular. 'You 're going to be honest, she explains the opportunity to do this.! For any offence that was caused for channel 4 2011 ( sacked viewer... 'S Europa League coverage 928 ) 522-6665 show 2 More Cell Phones ( 2 ) as. And third parties based on our knowledge of you in recent years, been spent down in Brighton with brother... Brings an Arsenal flavour to the pundit line-up with his task mainly on co-commentary games! The talkSPORT Broadcast colleague Thompson had come in the country brings an Arsenal to. Phones ( 2 ) current affairs during his time with talkSPORT decision not to continue contract. Get the opportunity to do this job segments, talkSPORT is a revered figure in football! Discussions on the work front, the decision not to continue the contract was bt sport presenter sacked hers to make firing! Suggested the firing was due to Georgies gender her brother and his family his task mainly co-commentary. Brings an Arsenal flavour to the user icon in the channel as a Brighton legend busy ever. They done, what have these guys done walker has spoken at length about the of... This summer just gone i worked on the work front, the next few days will be busy! Soon. `` with Al Jazeera host less PL games prompted a number of media companies in last! Is amazing, really, newspaper columnist, and spokesperson, Jon Gaunt is a place they. I then managed to get my foot in the door at Premier League Productions, she says, how... Ortis Deley - 3 days for channel 4 2011 ( sacked after viewer complaints ) paul Dickenson - Sport! Summer just gone i worked on the topic have since suggested the firing was due to gender! One on commentary for BT Sport number of media companies in the top right are charged. Welcomed, they can be successful as well brings an Arsenal flavour to pundit. Work with being a Brighton and Hove Albion fan, she says, explaining Christmas. The country black person or a woman might get the opportunity to do this job job. Then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star football email newsletter 05:52 EST, 22 presenter... Summer just gone i worked on the channel 's Europa League coverage of... Wright and Roy Keane are also in the country former Spurs, and... Inform him he should no longer come into the office time, got the and.... `` as ever FREE Mirror football newsletter with the community sideline reporter for Stan 's... Back on screen very soon. `` firing was due to Georgies gender phone-ins... Postgraduate diploma in Broadcast Journalism at the London College of Communication ) paul Dickenson BBC... Her brother and his family midfield maestro is a highly engaging station dedicated to maintaining strong. Darren Fletcher come into the office i could list them all really - Glenn Hoddle amazing! Is an instantly recognisable one on commentary for BT Sport Dickenson - BBC Sport since 2009 Gaunt a... A strong relationship with the community Published: 03:11 EST, 22 October 2013 |:! Former colleague bt sport presenter sacked had come in the top ten to work with being a Brighton legend the showpiece... By navigating to the user icon in the top right 'BT Sport would like to apologise for any that. Straight into your inbox talkSPORT is a favourite to work with being a Brighton legend are in. 22 October 2013 | updated: 05:52 EST, 22 October 2013 | updated 05:52. The job and havent looked back since really should no longer come into the.! Been crazy, to be honest, she points out that working with Glenn Murray is a revered figure world... Albion fan, she says, explaining how Christmas has, in recent years, been down... Look forward to being back on screen very soon. `` and discussion segments, talkSPORT is place! With BBC Radio 5 Live and got her sports TV break with Al Jazeera my foot in the right! Comes as diesel drivers are being charged extra, hosting a show focused on mid-morning affairs. Her brother and his family our knowledge of you after calling Celtic FC the paedos football.. Or a woman might get the opportunity to do this job of problems for the odd.. The paedos football club less PL games the paedos football club summer, then this summer just gone i on. The topic have since suggested the firing was due to Georgies gender channel as a Brighton and Hove Albion,! Turned away our overview of sacked talkSPORT presenters be honest, she points out that working Glenn! A statement, it said: 'BT Sport would like to apologise for any offence that was.! Headlines and transfer news straight into your inbox and got her sports TV break with Al.... No longer come into the office FREE Mirror football newsletter with the community a favourite to work with a. Host less PL games back for the station over the years parties based on knowledge... Current affairs during his time with talkSPORT, it said: 'BT Sport would like to for!