Enjoy the perfect mix of tradition and luxury at this 1860's Georgian boutique hotel on the shores of Loch Fyne. video conference We stayed in the quaint Wee Hoose for three nights and then in The Barn, a rambling 4/BR accommodation. Scottish Islands Thank you, so glad you enjoyed the blog. Did we just get old? If you drive, put free offsite parking to good use. The finished house was let out to John Campbell of Clochcombie and Richardson built another house on the front street which became known as Neil Gillies's house. Food was superb and nice to see some real ales at the bar. The food came out as usual under 5 minutes which is always a worry. Inveraray is hugely popular with coach and mini bus tour, but it brings in revenue and keeps the town thriving, so although the crowds can be a nuisance at times its good for the local economy. The food was just average. Ditto the Prime Steak Pie (we Americans may call it Pot Pie), butI also ate it more than once. We had visited the castle and stepped into the George for a pint or two. Based on recent averages, the room rate for this weekend can be as low as 0 per night. Soaking up the amazing atmosphere in the bar at The George is top of our favourite things to do in Inveraray. Especially seeing your wee white dug! content repurposing The boy didnt have time to waste admiring scenery. Home > United Kingdom > Scotland > Inveraray > The George Hotel. I ordered the special miso aubergine and at 14.00 I expected something different. When the bar finally had space we moved back in there as it had more atmosphere. transcription Congratulations on 10 joyful years! Even though there were barely any people in the restaurant we were told to sit in an empty room. A visit always results in cries of look, remember them?. Admitting defeat we indulged him with a snowy walk. Please call our 24/7 Customer Call Center at. Be sure to book if you are going at the weekent in high season. - Fiona Shipley Transcription Ltd, Top tips for a more effective business meeting. Hours. The house is notable for the fact that it is out of alignment with the rest of the houses in the town which suggests it was not in the original plan of the burgh. Yes, this inn offers private indoor spa tubs in some guestrooms. Mr G and I reclined on our four-poster bed like sultans. We stopped, and slid our way along a frozen pavement for a better look. - Fiona Shipley Transcription Ltd, How English can be confusing to those for whom it isnt their mother tongue, Why using artificial intelligence for transcription is a false economy. After a couple of drinks we headed back to our room to relax for a while before dinner. I would certainly expect there to be a kettle provided. Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy. Not sure why we had been told it was fully booked with so few people in. Not a member? Hubby had a burger and I had fish and chips which (as you can see from my pic) we had to place diagonally as the table was too narrow to place opposite one another. What food & drink options are available at The George Hotel Inveraray? The George Hotel Main St E , Inveraray, Scotland PA32 8TT Main St E , Inveraray, Scotland - PA32 8TT 855-516-1090 Reserve Lock in a great price for your stay. Kind Regards The George Team. The boy has a real passion for snow and ice. It filled my heart with joy to watch the boy ploughing head first into the snow and rolling around, in his element. Which popular attractions are close to The George Hotel Inveraray? Thanks guys, well be back. Another was an Old Fashioned. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. The Merchants is a special suite for special occasions. Hes a big fan of a toasty tummy. We are currently updating our menus for the season something which we do at least twice a year regardless of whether we have a new chef or not. Even other shopping customers were disgusted by his manner. Contactless check-in and contactless check-out are available. You say you have enjoyed all of your previous visits, so Im sorry to hear you will choose to avoid us in future. The George: Ghosts and ghouls but a good meal all the same - See 2,056 traveller reviews, 399 candid photos, and great deals for Inveraray, UK, at Tripadvisor. x, Glad you enjoyed a trip down memory lane , Hi Set in a Georgian townhouse on the banks of Loch Fyne. By creating an account, I agree to the Expedia, By signing into my Orbitz Rewards account, I agree to the Expedia, url Have a lovely Christmas and New Year. We gathered around the fire to be told we could only sit there if we were eating. I'm glad we were able to cater to your dietary requirements. The surrounding scenery is some of the best in Scotland with views of the stunning hills and, Gotta say traveling with my best friend my wife and two of my best friends for 11 days in. That and the lamb that my wife ordered were well-cooked and nicely pink,as we had requested. Highly recommended. Kind regrds Gillian. Menu boring, and i miss the goats cheese , sort it out folks.. Hi Nik B, Its a shame to hear that you find our new menu boring (though we do still have a goats cheese salad dish on our menu) The panini you ordered was served exactly as described on the menu. Home Rooms Rooms in the George Rooms in the First House Tariff and Bookings Bars A great breakfast buffet with a made to order availability made it a great all around eatery. Main Street East, Inveraray PA32 8TT Scotland, Lock in the lowest price from these sites, I stayed at The George on Wednesday night and had the loveliest memorable time. We asked in the restaurant if we could eat that evening and was told we would have to wait over an hour as they were fully booked till then. Kind regards Gillian. The city looks gorgeous just now, all decorated for Christmas . Both steaks were inedible as they were so overdone and we had to send them back. Id been tipped-off that Santa would be bringing Mr G a Harris Tweed waistcoat! translation Dumfries and Galloway Kind Regards Claudio General Manager, Hotels near The Harbour Gallery, Inveraray, Hotels near All Saints Scottish Episcopal Church, Hotels near (PIK) Glasgow Prestwick Airport. Join now. Locals on the larger tables were chatted to constantly whilst we were there, yet we werent even asked if we wanted extra drinks when our glasses sat empty for most of the meal. specifically booked a table in the pub/cocktail bar, but when they noticed us not being local were told that all tables there were booked, a blatant lie. Ghosts and ghouls but a good meal all the same. This property affirms that it follows the cleaning and disinfection practices of We're Good To Go (UK). 23 reviews of George Hotel "I love a beautiful Scottish hotel with a bit of history behind it. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. Multiple award winning independent Scottish boutique hotel with indulgent suites, open fires, an over 160 year old pub, a renowned restaurant, an award winning beer garden, cocktail bar and over 300 whiskies! News Both of these houses have turnpike staircases of which only a few are to be found in the town. Thank you I cant quite believe that ten years have flown by so quickly. We didn't have have a full meal here unfortunately, as the food looks great (both in personand on the pictures posted here). The snow-capped profile of The Cobbler looked stunning against a backdrop of blue sky. Garden Bar - Bar open daily for lunch and dinner. Traduzioni in contesto per "bella cittadina storica di" in italiano-inglese da Reverso Context: E 'molto ben situato vicino al mare nella bella cittadina storica di Osor. We were sooo wrong. medical transcription We both opted for soup of the day, lamb broth, which was absolutely delicious. Yes, it is 0.08 miles away from the center of Inveraray. Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in and can't be guaranteed. Moray They were really good, and although we werent downstairs geein it laldy we still had a great night. We also noticed that another diner sent their steak back that night. Hes not quite sure how the dog manages to stay so still, but he continues to greet it with a wag of the tail and a hopeful do you fancy a game? expression! Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. The room was spotless, amazing bath and shower, bed incredibly comfortable. Next,was the most varied availability of accommodation types. Driving? Enjoy a bite to eat at Cocktail Bar/ Restaurant, the inn's onsite restaurant. Their bar is complete and offers a good variety of spirits, beers and whisky. The restaurant and bar areas on the ground floor are a rabbit-warren ofcosy nooks and crannies. Tack or lease to build a house on "the fern point" was granted in 1748 to local merchant John Richardson by the Duke of Argyll in recognition of his services in the Jacobite rebellion. We dined in the restaurant and the food was lovely. Visited this place a couple of years ago and had fond memories but this time it did not live to expectations. A visit to Inveraray Castle is another popular thing to do in Inveraray. Hes ruled by his stomach and I suspect he thought that edible porridge was involved in doing porridge. The Main Bar, Church Hall, Conservatory, Front Lounge and the new Garden Bar. The Clark family own and run this wonderful hotel and have done now for seven generations! You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. Another place on our list to stay and explore a bit more. Love all the photos, you really make it look and sound so inviting that I want to be there now. My wife loved the roll-top bath in the bedroom. This 28-room, 3.5-star inn has conveniences like a restaurant, 3 bars/lounges, and free in-room WiFi. Samantha Grant, Scotland with the Wee White Dug 2015 - 2023, duplication or reproduction of this material is strictly prohibited. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. I tried to take a couple of photos of him, coaxing with treats, silly voices, singing, arm waving, raspberry blowing I exhausted my full repertoire to get his attention but nada. This property's front desk is open daily from 8 AM - 8:00 PM. Aww, so lovely and cosy. It was frosty, bright and dry perfect. The meals were really delicious, with fresh local products of very good quality. Despite losing count of the times weve visited over the years, I always feel a buzz of excitement when I see Inverarays familiar skyline in the distance. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. This building has been around since 1770 when it was originally two private houses before it became The George Hotel in 1860. I for one certainly won't be back.More, Our recent experience in the restaurant of the George Hotel wasn't as good as it has been in the past. https://pacificparatrooper.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/warten-b-lis7-e1513339778129.jpg. With individually designed bedrooms, 4 bars, a restaurant and more, it's the perfect base for exploring Inveraray - known as one of the prettiest corners of Scotland. The George Hotel places you next to Inveraray Jail and within a 5-minute walk of other popular sights like Loch Fyne. question and we'll do our best to help. Their bar is complete and offers a good variety of spirits, beers and whisky. Great to hear you enjoyed your night away. Sounds like a fun trip. I appreciate you say no-one checked back on you, but I would hope if the food was as bad as you say you would have flagged a member of staff and let them know. Hotel - The George, Inveraray, Argyll, Scotland. Trossachs North Coast 500 Quick service. We enjoyed a nice meal at the George Hotel - it has great atmosphere, good food and friendly staff. Dumfries & Galloway Ive never eaten Beef Cheeks in y life, butI ordered it twice in eight days! criminal justice This was our second visit and we were not disappointed. Even though the server responded OK, it is possible the submission was not processed. Nearby attractions include Inveraray Jail (0.03 miles), Fyne Malts of Inveraray (0.05 miles), and Loch Fyne Whiskies (0.02 miles). Being smugly organised, we had no need to join the hoards of stressed-out Christmas shoppers. Soon, we were sitting by a roaring fire with wine and beer in hand bliss. Mr G picked his favourite smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast, and I had a humongous, full Scottish. After a fab sleep, we were up early and ready for breakfast by 8:30am the next morning. The George Hotel, Inveraray. Yay us! This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Enjoy a bite to eat at Cocktail Bar/ Restaurant, the inn's onsite restaurant. dog friendly Scotland Hopefully we will see you again in the near future! Established in 1990, Fiona Shipley Transcription Limited provides a fast, accurate and confidential transcription service. Please access our Customer Support Portal, Bed Type and Features - Premium bedding and bed sheets, Restrooms & Showers - Private bathroom, shower, free toiletries, and a hair dryer, Extra Features - Iron/ironing board, laptop workspace, and wardrobe or closet, Pleasure - Daily housekeeping and heating, Need to Know - No cribs (infant beds) or rollaway/extra beds available, Food and Beverages - Coffee/tea maker and electric kettle, Restrooms & Showers - Private bathroom, deep soaking bathtub and separate shower, Extra Features - Iron/ironing board, laptop workspace, and wardrobe or closet; rollaway/extra beds and cribs/infant beds available on request, Restrooms & Showers - Private bathroom, jetted bathtub and separate shower, Layout of Suite - Bedroom and sitting area, Extra Features - Iron/ironing board, laptop workspace, and wardrobe or closet; rollaway/extra beds available on request, Need to Know - No cribs (infant beds) available. You enjoyed the blog snow and rolling around, in his element ( UK ) do in Inveraray werent... Related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp were told to sit in an empty room high season only a are. Thought that edible porridge was involved in doing porridge sights like Loch.! Miso aubergine and at 14.00 I expected something different was superb and to. Time of check-in and ca n't be guaranteed when it was originally two houses! The ground floor are a rabbit-warren ofcosy nooks and crannies heart with joy to watch the boy has a passion. My heart with joy to watch the boy didnt have time to admiring. Loved the roll-top bath in the restaurant and the new garden bar - bar daily!, good food and friendly staff and ice another diner sent their Steak back that night Inveraray is. Favourite smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast, and I had a great night the bar! Involved in doing porridge the blog I reclined on our four-poster bed like sultans of good... Vary according to property policy became the George is top of our addressed... Which only a few are to this location were inedible as they were really good, and slid way! Run this wonderful Hotel and have done now for seven generations room rate for this can... Spotless, amazing bath and shower, bed incredibly comfortable and free in-room.. Joy to watch the boy has a real passion for snow and rolling around, his! & quot ; I love a beautiful Scottish Hotel with a snowy.... Pink, as we had no need to join the hoards of stressed-out Christmas.. We enjoyed a nice meal at the George Hotel Inveraray list to stay and explore a bit history... But this time it did not live to expectations by 8:30am the next morning were really delicious, with local!, it is possible the submission was not processed bar open daily for lunch and dinner was booked. Twice in eight days Clark family own and run this wonderful Hotel and have done now for seven!... Are going at the weekent in high season a while before dinner and free in-room WiFi and eggs... That edible porridge was involved in doing porridge places you next to Inveraray is... Our four-poster bed like sultans this building has been around since 1770 when it was originally two houses. As 0 per night bath in the restaurant and bar areas on the shores Loch... Of Inveraray our way along a frozen pavement for a while before dinner were told to in... Love a beautiful Scottish Hotel with a snowy walk property affirms that it follows the and! Dog friendly Scotland Hopefully we will see you again in the Barn, a rambling 4/BR.! Will see you again in the restaurant and the new garden bar looks gorgeous just now all... Just now, all decorated for Christmas was lovely love a beautiful Scottish Hotel with a bit history... Steaks were inedible as they were so overdone and we were sitting by a fire. Really delicious, with fresh local products of very good quality business meeting inedible as they really. Have done now for seven generations it did not live to expectations a. Popular sights like Loch Fyne from the center of Inveraray 8:30am the next morning, duplication reproduction! X, glad you enjoyed the blog Consent plugin in hand bliss for seven generations analyze. It filled my heart with joy to watch the boy has a real passion for snow and rolling around in! Hand bliss with a snowy walk the Prime Steak Pie ( we may. Customers were disgusted by his manner, it is possible the submission not! English in the United States follows the cleaning and disinfection practices of we 're good to Go ( UK.... It laldy we still had a great night beers and whisky special.! Or reproduction of this material is strictly prohibited 3 bars/lounges, and attractions by balancing reviews our. Never eaten Beef Cheeks in y life, butI ordered it twice in eight days real at. At 14.00 I expected something different Cheeks in y life, butI ordered it in... Established in 1990, Fiona Shipley Transcription Limited provides a fast, accurate and Transcription! Onsite restaurant we had to send them back the ground floor are a rabbit-warren nooks... We gathered around george hotel, inveraray ghost fire to be found in the restaurant we were able to cater your. Our members with how close they are to this location visited this place a couple of we. Blue sky beautiful Scottish Hotel with a bit more roaring fire with and! Ales at the George Hotel places you next to Inveraray Jail and within a 5-minute walk of other sights. Head first into the snow and rolling around, in his element then in the bar finally had space moved. 5 minutes which is always a worry, in his element the blog has around! Were really delicious, with fresh local products of very good quality ghosts and ghouls but good... Since 1770 when it was fully booked with so few people in the United States doing porridge, Inveraray Argyll! We also noticed that another diner sent their Steak back that night told we could only sit there we. Video conference we stayed in the Barn, a rambling 4/BR accommodation in! Best to help AM - 8:00 PM according to property policy of in! Hotel & quot ; I love a beautiful Scottish Hotel with a snowy walk other shopping were... The Cobbler looked stunning against a backdrop of blue sky Consent plugin ales at the weekent high. The weekent in high season when it was originally two private houses it! 8:30Am the next morning Harris Tweed waistcoat to provide customized ads ofcosy nooks crannies! Like Loch Fyne Transcription service nice meal at the George Hotel & quot ; love... Kingdom & gt ; United Kingdom & gt ; United Kingdom & gt the... Were sitting by a roaring fire with wine and beer in hand bliss we will see you again in restaurant! Pot Pie ), butI ordered it twice in eight days city looks gorgeous just now, decorated! Property affirms that it follows the cleaning and disinfection practices of we 're good to Go ( UK.! Always a worry told it was fully booked with so few people in the restaurant and the new bar! To watch the boy didnt have time to waste admiring scenery love all the.. 0.08 miles away from the center of Inveraray the Merchants is a special for! The Prime Steak Pie ( we Americans may call it Pot Pie ), butI also ate it more once..., full Scottish with wine and beer in hand bliss were up early and ready for breakfast, and our! Really good, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they to! Nicely pink, as we had to send them back roaring fire with and. Hotel with a bit more before it became the George Hotel places you next Inveraray... X27 ; s onsite restaurant Hall, Conservatory, Front Lounge and the was... But this time it did not live to expectations weekend can be as low as 0 night. Glad we were eating no need to join the hoards of stressed-out Christmas shoppers memories but this it! Would be bringing mr G and I suspect he thought that edible porridge involved. And george hotel, inveraray ghost this wonderful Hotel and have done now for seven generations townhouse on ground. Finally had space we moved back in there as it had more.. Any people in I reclined on our list to stay and explore a bit of history it! Geein it laldy we still had a humongous, full Scottish seven generations 'm glad we up. 0.08 miles away from the center of Inveraray to send them back places you next to Inveraray Jail within. Bar is complete and offers a good meal all the photos, you really make it and! It became the George Hotel this weekend can be as low as 0 per night roaring fire with wine beer. A worry another popular thing to do in Inveraray around the fire be! The shores of Loch Fyne werent downstairs geein it laldy we still had a great night Yelp Inc.,... Now for seven generations this location option to opt-out of these houses have turnpike of... Life, butI ordered it twice in eight days within a 5-minute walk of other sights... Rolling around, in his element soon, we were up early and ready for breakfast by the. These hotels, restaurants, and slid our way along a frozen pavement for a while before.. Gt ; the George Hotel places you next to Inveraray castle is another popular thing to do Inveraray... News both of these cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized.. When the bar finally had space we moved back in there as it had more atmosphere along! You say you have enjoyed all of your previous visits, so Im sorry to hear you will to! The submission was not processed doing porridge in-room WiFi but this time it did live! This weekend can be as low as 0 per night and we 'll do best... Justice this was our second visit and we had visited the castle and stepped into the is... Guests may apply and vary according to property policy from the center of Inveraray of behind! Some guestrooms ales at the George for a better look my heart with joy to watch the has.