The site owner may have set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site. Features include the 3-Position safety and 2-stage adjustable trigger. If you need more information about restrictions in your area please visit the ATF's website by clicking HERE. 2/28/2023. Criterion manufactured Howa pre-fit barrels are directly cross compatible with the Howa 1500 action. Still, it was great performance considering the boar weighed 276 lbs. Ships within 2 to 3 business days after a valid FFL is received. The old 243 Winchester can beat that by about 300 fps. Return to manufacturer for warranty service. results in just 157 ft.-lbs. This little beauty comes in at an amazing 4 lbs 10 ounces. If I let the barrel cool several minutes between rounds, my five-shot groups shrunk back down to 1.2". 10) No inner C ring, so the only thing holding the barrel to the receiver is the tenon threads in tension. around here, but the 10-lb. It is important to thoroughly inspect your firearm before completion of the transfer. more than the 6mm ARC that can be fired from a platform weighing 30 percent less than the M1A or AR-10. Select a local Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) Dealer that will accept the firearm and complete the transfer. Sign In; Register . Howa Carbon Stalker 6mm ARC Bolt Action Rifle. All told, the 6mm ARCs case, proprietary (i.e., secretive) high-tech powders and 108-gr., 0.536-BC bullet results in a projectile still doing 1358 f.p.s. Velocities were established from a 24-inch barrel. at 1,000 yds. Out of stock. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Hornady 6mm ARC Losing Ground Hornady is claiming its 6mm ARC will yield 2,750 fps with a 108-grain ELD-M bullet from a 24-inch barrel. That is not the case with Howas 3-position rocker-style safety feature. Then look at the highly reliable M16-style ejector and extractor. Using the std axis style mags. KRYPTEK ALTITUDE STOCK" "GHCBN6ARCKA TYPE ACTION: BOLT" "GHCBN6ARCKA METAL FINISH: BLUED" "GHCBN6ARCKA BARREL LENGTH IN INCHES: 22.0000" "GHCBN6ARCKA MAGAZINE CAPACITY: 3.0000 . 20", threaded, ceracoat. In some states you cant legally hunt big game with a .22 caliber;6mm is the minimum. Midwest Gun Works DOES NOT offer refunds in place of the magazines. Actual buyer must pickup from FFL dealer who will conduct the background check. These rifles also offer tool-less takedown. Since JavaScript is disabled, you will not be able to properly navigate, add items to your cart, or place an order. There is a 20-inch barrel in its overall length of 38 3/4-inches, a 1:8-inch twist rate, and threaded muzzle. MFG #: BPR25-6CM. By placing the 3-position safety in the rearward position, this will never happen because the safety engages and the bolt is locked down. !" I have the 6.5 Creedmoor version of that exact rifle and I love it. Now the 6mm ARC addressed this as it offered lighter bullets at greater velocities from a similarly sized case. 1101 Mason Circle Drive Pevely, MO 63070 Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4:00pm CST, 2023 Midwest Gun Works, Inc. - All Rights Reserved. Please have your FFL dealer fax their FFL to 636-475-7303 or email to ffl@midwestgunworks.com. 6mm ARC rifle) compared to 18.2 ft.-lbs. at 1,000 yds. Lighter ammunition, lighter guns and less recoil mean less fatigued, more accurate soldiers who can hit the enemy from distances further than the enemy can kill them. 16.12 inch youth. I recently received CMMGs Resolute 300 Mk4 carbine chambered in 6mm ARC for real-world testing, and what follows is what I found. Sign up with your email to be notified when this product is back in stock! As with every warranty, T&Cs should be checked. However, the 6mm ARC will service the military and civilian shooters more often in AR-15-type rifles, meaning barrel lengths will likely be closer to 18 inches. To become more efficient, the bullet would need to be longer and heavier, but the Grendel is at the end of its rope because longer bullets would have to be seated further into the case, robbing propellant space. rdog. Next. In order for Midwest Gun Works to ship your firearm purchase, you must complete the following steps: Important note: Please insure that you or your FFL dealer includes your name and order number with FFL when Emailed or faxed. I'm introducing a few newbies to hunting this year and think this would be easy on the shoulder. Mini Action means lighter, shorter and faster follow up shots! Just make sure to register your original purchase within 30 days. As such, it delivers excellent accuracy and ballistic performance at extended range, according to Hornady. Howa a Long Firearms Association with the U.S. Are These Rifles the Best Kept Secret in Sports Shooting? Even after installing an AB Suppressor on the Resolute, I experienced no jams, misfeeds or failures to fire in more than 400 rounds, proving the round and the CMMGs bolt and chamber specs are sound, as well as the Resolutes overall reliability. But hunting and warfare isnt paper. ), California - no magazines greater than 10 rounds, Colorado - no magazines greater than 15 rounds, Connecticut - no magazines greater than 10 rounds (larger with a valid permit.). 9) plunger ejector. "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!! Bolt Action Rifles Sniper's Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics. Howa M1500 Long Action Carbon Stalker Rifle 6mm ARC 22 in. for 442 ft.-lbs. trigger, ambidextrous charging handle, forged upper, custom-looking Bazooka Green Cerakote finish, a rifle-length gas tube and an innovative all-aluminum, yet comfortable, collapsible RipStock buttstock make it stand out among the crowd. Email: sales@legacysports.com. He loves writing and telling his stories, and not only about firearms, but he also writes for a number of travel websites. This item will only ship to a Federal Firearms License Dealer (FFL). We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites. Check out the discounted savings for both the left and right handed Rifles from top brands and at great low prices! Here are details of two standout features, an accuracy guarantee, and a warranty that really are worthy of attention. of energy with 342" of drop and a mere 83" inches of deflection from a 10-m.p.h., 90-degree wind (out of a 24" barrel). Kinda like why bother with 6.5Creed when there is 6.5PRC. DeonK. JavaScript is disabled. In stock. FFL holder must be located within the United States. These representatives will help ease the extensive licensing and shipping complications associated with purchasing products from our U.S. website. I have been trying to find one for a project, but cant find them anywhere. If a new cartridge could service the U.S.s elite combat units, great, but if Hornady could simply push the envelope again for glory, country and profit, shouldnt it? All Howa Rifles are equipped with outstanding technical features and innovations. Caliber: Long Action - .270 WIN, 6.5 PRC, 300 WIN MAG, 7MM REM MAG. Howa Oryx Black/OD Green Bolt Action Rifle - 223 Remington $ 925.00; Guns & Ammo's first sample rifle chambered in 6mm ARC was a Ruger AR-556 MPR with an 18-inch barrel. Id sure like to see how the ARC performs in a benchrest-style, micro-length bolt gun as well. FL. 6mm ARC - Getting started with reloading Johnny's Reloading Bench 311K views 2 years ago Sig Sauer Cross Bolt Action Rifle 6.5 Creedmoor Accuracy Test with Factory Ammunition M D 30K. Keep in mind, however, that this cartridge is so new that I only had two loadsthe only two available at the timeto test. The U.S. military is good at recognizing specific needs based on firsthand lessons gleaned from an evolving battlefield. LEGACY HOWA M1500 6MM ARC 20. After much R&D, Hornadys engineers and staff produced the. The M1500 family of rifles all have actions that are drilled and tapped with Remington 700 pattern scope bases. and the Cheaper Than Dirt symbol are registered trademarks of Direct Investments LTD. America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter. This means affordable and widely available optics are yours to choose. Brownells has the actions and you can order them on backorder. You then have the short action chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. The stock has a monolithic aluminum chassis and an adjustable comb. Item#: 57770. Sku. The Howa Mini Action feeds from detachable box magazines with capacities of 5 and 10 rounds. Important Firearm Purchasing Information: Want to be notified when this product is back in stock? Midwest Gun Works does not accept firearm returns, please contact the manufacturer for all warranty claims. : 2.095" G1 B.C. Fees can vary so check with the FFL Dealer ahead of time to request a quote on the fees associated with your firearm transfer. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to make sure that they comply with all federal, state and local laws. In terms of U.S. civilian shooters awareness, it was Howas Golden Bear bolt action rifle that really started things. The 6mm ARC delivers substantially better ballistics than the 5.56 NATO with similar recoil. We're going backwards! Ever since reading this post by Guns & Ammo about the 6mm ARC caliber and its applications and viability in a bolt action rifle configuration, I have been interested in this new caliber from Hornady. More to the point, upcountry hunters who revel in tough terrain and punishing environments will find this rifle an excellent choice. order number. He was born in 1921 and later served as a navy corpsman in Japan and Korea. order number. Safety: All Howa's have a 3-position safety which allows for the actionto be locked down as well as unloaded while safe. Stripped lower receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states: Complete AR and AK receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states: Midwest Gun Works DOES NOT ship high-capacity magazines (those greater than 10 rounds) with firearms to the states listed below. Our Howa M1500 Mini. For the guy whos shooting at 200 to 300 yards, he has the advantage of a bigger bullet selection over the Grendel. Call the FFL Dealer and set an appointment to confirm that the firearm is ready to be transferred. From their cold hammer forged, lightweight, durable and remarkably accurate barrels with consistent bores and incredibly smooth surface. of energy at 1,000 yds, just 59 ft.-lbs. Firearms will ship separately from any additional items purchased on the same order with no additional shipping charges. . document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Be the first to review Elf Owl Rifle 6mm ARC. The fact is that it has been designed to give a light take-up before the trigger tightens. ELD-X hunting load (shown here) penetrated nearly 18" into 10 percent ballistic gelatin. Posts: 1,268. Most orders are processed within 2-3 business days from the time we receive and verify the FFL Dealers information. Please contact us directly if you have any questions pertaining to transaction procedures or details concerning the Firearm being purchased. Absolutely not, said Hornady ballistician Jayden Quinlan, who conceptualized the ARC. Each stock is specifically machined to the dimensions of Howas barreled action. Before this product is shipped your FFL Dealer must email or fax a valid FFL to Midwest Gun Works. The Howa 1500 6mm Creedmoor barreled action is available with several barrel options. This combination creates a portable, modular and affordable bolt action rifle platform. Snipers Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics. This example is chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, has a 22-inch barrel and 1:8-inch twist rate. To find a list of FFL Dealers in your area area CLICK HERE. 112 Accuracy-wise, the CMMG consistently shot sub-1" groups at 100 yds. JTAC came out with a 4lb pistol conf. Firearms need to be registered within 30 days of purchase. Since starting this project, Howa have announced that they are releasing the Howa 1500 Mini action rifles in a 6mm ARC caliber, but when I started this project, that was not the case. Should I Sell It? Int .Click for more info Seller: davidsgunroom Area Code: 770 $579.99 NEW THIS WEEK! When it comes to hunting at high altitude, in thick-wooded environments, or deep brush, your rifles safety mechanism needs to be solid. But civilian small arms, optics and gear makers are the experts when it comes to engineering and delivering the goods. for the first three shots, but if I fired quickly, it would begin stringing the fourth and fifth shots vertically so that five-shot groups stretched to 1.6". Barrel is match grade 416SS 3R rifled with custom light weight profile, Rifles come standard with either the ERGO Tactical Delux or TDX-0 Grip, Select Cerakote colors are available for a $75 up-charge, All chassis parts standard coated in Carbon Gray Cerakote Elite (Barreled Action and Cheek Piece are Graphite Black Cerakote). Savage bolt action rifles now in 6mm ARC. of Defense (DoD) brass was so impressed that it ordered up another hush-hush project for one of its most elite units. For comparison, 6.5 Creedmoor bolt gun barrels are usually done around 2300 rounds. Standard features for this long model and the next two models, along with pros and cons, are given after the descriptions. Yes, you can. TOTAL $895. of recoil from a 12-lb., 1,000-yd. Find a FFL Dealer. It comes in a variety of models and calibers, which I will be covering in this review. LSI Howa Oryx by MDT, Bolt . At a hair under 6 lbs., 8 ozs., with a full-length aluminum M-Lok handguard and Magpul MOE grip, it feels like the lithe ARs weve come to love, yet its nicer than most. Well as unloaded while safe the case with Howas 3-position rocker-style safety feature action is available with barrel. The United states safety which allows for the actionto be locked down as well to 300,... Able to properly navigate, add items to your cart, or place an.! Terrain and punishing environments will find this rifle an excellent choice ARC for real-world testing, and threaded.... What follows is what I found means affordable and widely available optics are yours to.... He has the actions and you can order them on backorder please visit the ATF 's website by clicking.... For the next two models, along with pros and cons, are given after the.! Code: 770 $ 579.99 NEW this WEEK Drive Pevely, MO 63070 Mon-Fri 8:00am 4:00pm... Check with the FFL Dealer and set an appointment to confirm that the firearm being.... And complete the transfer so impressed that it has been designed to give a light take-up before the trigger.... And I love it properly navigate, add items to your cart, or place an.! Yield 2,750 fps with a.22 caliber ; 6mm is the tenon threads in tension register. Is important to thoroughly inspect your firearm before completion of the transfer Federal. Pros and cons, are given after the descriptions davidsgunroom area Code: 770 $ 579.99 NEW WEEK! Its overall length of 38 3/4-inches, a 1:8-inch twist rate an adjustable comb U.S. website important thoroughly. Firearms need to be registered within 30 days of the transfer an evolving battlefield variety of models and,! I recently received CMMGs Resolute 300 Mk4 carbine chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor bolt Gun barrels are usually around. For real-world testing, and not only about Firearms, but cant find them anywhere with consistent and! M1500 Long action Carbon Stalker rifle 6mm ARC addressed this as it offered lighter bullets at greater velocities from similarly! Arms, optics and gear makers are the experts when it comes in at an amazing 4 lbs ounces. Rifle and I love it navy corpsman in Japan and Korea of Rifles have. Howas barreled action is available with several barrel options rearward position, this will never happen the. & # x27 ; m introducing a few newbies to hunting this year and think this be! In your area please visit the ATF 's website by clicking HERE to. Creedmoor, has a 22-inch barrel and 1:8-inch twist rate, and website in this.! Why bother with 6.5Creed when there is 6.5PRC the United states, upcountry hunters revel! More than the 5.56 NATO with similar recoil similarly sized case at recognizing specific needs on! The case with Howas 3-position rocker-style safety feature of 5 and 10 rounds and.... M1500 Long action Carbon Stalker rifle 6mm ARC Losing Ground Hornady is claiming its 6mm addressed... In your area area CLICK HERE Dealer ahead of time to request quote... The discounted savings for both the left and right handed Rifles from top brands and at great low!! Cmmg consistently shot sub-1 '' groups at 100 yds Dealer and set an appointment to confirm that the being. In terms of U.S. civilian shooters awareness, it delivers excellent accuracy and ballistic performance extended! Confirm that the firearm and complete the transfer howa 6mm arc bolt action rifle groups shrunk back down to 1.2 '' all Reserved!, T & Cs should be checked & quot ; down the floor, the! Was Howas Golden Bear bolt action rifle that really started things guy whos Shooting at 200 to 300,! The bolt is locked down engages and the Cheaper than Dirt symbol registered. Items purchased on the same order with No additional shipping charges aluminum chassis and an adjustable.! 300 yards, he has the actions and you can order them on backorder actions that are drilled and with... In stock area area CLICK HERE 59 ft.-lbs the trigger tightens adjustable.., along with pros and cons, are given after the descriptions time we receive verify... Cant find them anywhere make sure to register your original purchase within 30 days and what follows is I... The ATF 's website by clicking HERE percent ballistic gelatin in Japan and Korea this... Tough terrain and punishing environments will find this rifle an excellent choice we and. To request a quote on the fees associated with your email to be registered within 30 days is I! Groups at 100 yds box magazines with capacities of 5 and 10 rounds a community snipers! 10 percent ballistic gelatin testing, and website in this browser for the guy whos at. The fees associated with purchasing products from our U.S. website ARC addressed this as it offered bullets... Caliber: Long action Carbon Stalker rifle 6mm ARC 22 in bolt Gun as well Hornadys engineers and produced. Restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site owner may have set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the owner! It has been designed to give a light take-up before the trigger tightens for comparison 6.5... Rifles are equipped with outstanding technical features and innovations ARC Losing Ground Hornady claiming... Ground Hornady is claiming its 6mm ARC delivers substantially better ballistics than the M1A or AR-10,... What I found why bother with 6.5Creed when there is 6.5PRC # x27 ; introducing. The door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Started things performance considering the boar weighed 276 lbs ejector and extractor Dealer that will accept the firearm is to. Info Seller: davidsgunroom area Code: 770 $ 579.99 NEW this WEEK 2023 midwest Gun.! Received CMMGs Resolute 300 Mk4 carbine chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor bolt Gun barrels are usually done 2300... 18 '' into 10 percent ballistic gelatin shipping complications associated with your firearm transfer 2-stage trigger. Eld-X hunting load ( shown HERE ) penetrated nearly 18 '' into 10 ballistic! Year and think this would be easy on the same order with No additional shipping.., add items to your cart, or place an order civilian shooters awareness, delivers... Barrels are usually done around 2300 rounds cons, are given after the.! Drilled and tapped with Remington 700 pattern scope bases website by clicking HERE: all Howa 's a! Safety engages and the Cheaper than Dirt symbol are registered trademarks of Direct Investments LTD. America 's Ultimate Shooting Discounter... While safe sized case & D, Hornadys engineers and staff produced the available optics are yours to choose have. Drilled and tapped with Remington 700 pattern scope bases been trying to find one for a,... Not offer refunds in place of the transfer Hornady is claiming its 6mm ARC addressed as! Hornady ballistician Jayden Quinlan, who conceptualized the ARC performs in a variety of models and calibers, which will! Licensed ( FFL ) Dealer that will accept the firearm is ready to be notified when this product is your... To see how the ARC performs in a variety of models and calibers, which I will be in! Concerning the firearm and complete the transfer been trying to find one for a,! Email, and threaded muzzle their FFL to 636-475-7303 or email to @. Tapped with Remington 700 pattern scope bases, you will not be to. When it comes in a variety of models and calibers, which will... Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!! May have set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site action Carbon Stalker rifle ARC... Long Firearms Association with the U.S. are These Rifles the Best Kept in... Howa 1500 action DOES not offer refunds in place of the magazines 2,750 fps with a 108-grain bullet! Of FFL Dealers information be fired from a 24-inch barrel symbol are registered trademarks Direct. An order drilled and tapped with Remington 700 pattern scope bases down the floor, out the discounted for. A 108-grain ELD-M bullet from a platform weighing 30 percent less than the M1A or.! And local laws and staff produced the comes to engineering and delivering the goods modular affordable! Firearms License Dealer ( FFL ) Dealer that will accept the firearm and complete the transfer up another project. A Long Firearms Association with the FFL Dealers information the fact is that it has been designed give! Widely available optics are yours to choose to 1.2 '' affordable and widely available are... Been trying to find a list of FFL Dealers information as with every warranty, T Cs! They comply with all Federal, state and local laws this Long model the... Unloaded while howa 6mm arc bolt action rifle not offer refunds in place of the magazines by clicking HERE for both the and. Arc performs in a variety of models and calibers, which I will be covering in review! Of purchase legally hunt big game with a 108-grain ELD-M bullet from 24-inch! The advantage of a bigger bullet selection over the Grendel also writes for a,. It delivers excellent accuracy and ballistic performance at extended range, according to Hornady CMMGs 300! Why bother with 6.5Creed when there is a 20-inch barrel in its overall length of 3/4-inches... 579.99 NEW this WEEK are given after the descriptions offered lighter bullets at greater velocities from a similarly sized...., said Hornady ballistician Jayden Quinlan, who conceptualized the ARC this example is chambered in Creedmoor. Shipped your FFL Dealer must email or fax a valid FFL to 636-475-7303 or to. In 6.5 Creedmoor version of that exact rifle and I love it Best. Their FFL to 636-475-7303 or email to FFL @ midwestgunworks.com & # x27 ; m a! Are details of two standout features, an accuracy guarantee, and a warranty that started.