Stephen's visitation will be held Tuesday, February 8 th 4-7 PM at Vay-Schleich & Meeson 1075 Long Pond Road. An obituary is not available at this time for Michelle Simmons. I was shocked to hear of Steves passing. Please don't hesitate to call on us if you need anything. She is survived by Robert Pridmore (Lee), Joanne Lincoln (Mert), Sue Rennoldson (Rick), Debra Shirley A. Simpson, 86, passed away peacefully on February 18th, 2023. You were true example of determination and excellence. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. You can send your sympathy in the guestbook provided and share it with the family. Lonnie Curtis Craton McDowell will be missed. Stephen was employed by General Motors for 44 years with plans to retire this year. God will be with you through your toughest days and nights. We enjoyed scouts with the Slapars. One of Lonnie's favorite things to say was "Strong like Bull!" Local obituaries for the Rochester, New York area. Every memory left on the online obituary will be automatically included in the book. The family greatly appreciates donations made to these charities He enjoyed watching his grandchildren play sports and was very proud of them. June 1, 2010, at age 66. Been a patient for 15 years! Click to light a candle, post a photo, or tell the world about Lonnie. I will miss you my friend, God bless you soul! To offer your sympathy during this difficult time, you can now have memorial trees planted in a National Forest in memory of your loved one. Our condolences and prayers go out to the family. But, while those guns do show up at some area crime scenes, a bigger problem has been stolen guns that become a major segment of the weapons pipeline. This is a beautiful place to live, Robinson Jr. said. He was a good man. My deepest sympathies to your family. Lonny D. Simmons In loving memories of Lonny D. Simmons January 21, 1959 - December 28, 2020, 9am-11am viewing funeral following afterwards, Emmanuel Baptist Church, 1772 Clifford Ave Rochester NY 146 Obituary. He was their teams' "biggest fan". Lonnie Simmons (Photo: Bobby Holland/MPTV images) *We have sad news to report on one of the black music industry's pioneers. 'The mayor has got to own it':Malik Evans says violence prevention will be priority, What can be done? and Sis. allen house monticello, ar allen house monticello, ar. Few years back, he got my son a Kansas eagle stuffed animal that we still have. was born on September 19th, 1932 in Pineland, South Carolina to Jesse Youmans and Lillie Mae Horton, the 4th child to this union. N'Namdi Gallery. You are in my thoughts. He is survived by his father, Milton Frank Slapar, his wife Constance; daughter Jessica Doty (Aaron); sons Frank (Erika), William (Emily) and granddaughter, Anna. Lonnie will be missed by all who knew him. He was a gifted athlete, an astute politician, the first African-American Court Attendant in Monroe County, an organizer of youth activities, a professional photographer and much more. My condolences to Connie and her family. Betty was born on Dec 17,1938 to the late Ernest Bagley and Florence McCombs. Florence T. Peer, age 99, passed away peacefully with family by her side, on Saturday, February 25, 2023. Debbie Bakerand family(Rochester N.Y. To Gloria and Children, You have our deepest sympathy. Share a memory. What is Lonnie Simmons's phone number? Condolences to Connie and all the family. UPDATE (Sept. 9, 2022): Two men were arrested, accused of shooting two men to death on State Street in March, Rochester police announced Friday morning. 4,455 Results. Tweet. May God almighty comfort you during this time of need. After his honorable discharge, he flipped a coin between Rochester and . Dorothy was born in Staten Island, NY, to Edward and Frances (Morris) Gutekunst. Lonnie is predeceased by his mother, Anna May Slapar. You will be missed. During an altercation, Mutombo was fatally shot. & The entire Simmons Family (your cousins) June . Your email will not be used for any other purpose. Mementos. 2023 www.democratandchronicle.com. OBITUARY Lonnie Gudger Jr. May 13, 1966 - October 20, 2021. Hilton Chapel 38 East Avenue Hilton, NY 14468 (585) 392-1500. Jane Austin Johnson passed away peacefully. Fayetteville, Manlius, Minoa. Join Facebook to connect with Lonnie Day and others you may know. Please take care. We enjoyed the participation of the Slapar family and admired Dr. Slapars devotion to dentistry. He was their teams biggest fan. We have been very happy going to the dentist all these years and miss him already. Lonnie Simmons Obituary Remember Lonnie Simmons. Our condolences. He took pride in his productive vegetable garden proudly sharing his produce. Stephen was a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, and friend. Lonnie B. Lowman was born January 17, 1954 in Oviedo, Florida to Bertha Walker and Leon Lowman. "You will see an unprecedented partnership with all of our partners," Evans said. Lonnie Gandues, 51, has been charged with DWI and vehicular manslaughter in the crash. His Funeral Mass will be celebrated Wednesday, February 9 th 11:00 AM at Spiritus Christi Church 121 Fitzhugh St. N Rochester, NY 14614. Lonnie J Simmons Lonnie Simmons (1954 - 2009) Jump to: Biography Memories . He will be deeply missed by all who knew him. Recommend Lonnie's obituary to your friends. Our DIY expert, Beth Allen, founder of HIP Chicks (Home Improvement Project Chicks), knows which tools you need to take on big projects by yourself. We dont have to continue with this war these kids have. She was a lifetime resident of the Syracuse area. He will be greatly missed, Lonnie was such a strong presence at Rochester General Dental clinic always working hard to do what was best for patients and residents. can stop at any time. I was a patient for many years; Dr. Slapar was a wonderful person, who will be sorely missed. Contact Gary Craig at gcraig@gannett.com. The projects utilize Lonnie Simmons in Texas. They were literally together, with no problems, until an individual walked in and changed it all, said Lonnie Keys. Rochester, NY 14626 (585) 227-2700. From this union came four children, which they raised in the infamous Hanover Housing until they moved into their home. The city has seen 12 homicides this year, which puts the city on pace for about 60 homicides a lesser number than the record of 81 last year. Tony is survived Miller Funeral and Cremation Srvcs, Victor. Stephen's visitation will be held Tuesday, February 8th 4-7 PM at Vay-Schleich & Meeson 1075 Long Pond Road. ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) Charles Lee Robinson Jr. and Lonnie Keys have known each other since childhood, but the two werent expecting to go through one of the hardest moments of their life together. Lonny D. Simmons. He hung with bad guys, he hung with good guys, but everybody loved him. This really touched the entire city. The fathers say their sons were at a gathering, but the two . You would always catch him in a pair of Stacey Adams. Michelle Simmons Rochester, New York . 1:38. All rights reserved. Frank Umbrino of the Rochester Police Department. Greece, New York, Add a Memory to the Much love, Lynne. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of you at this sad time. lonnie simmons obituary. He received a BS from the University of Kansas and obtained MT(ASCP) certification in 1979 and worked in the hematology dept. He was loved by a lot of people. I am here whenever you need me or anything. Entombment will be in Brookside Cemetery, Shortsville. UPDATE (Sept. 9, 2022): Two men were arrested, accused of shooting two men to death on State Street in March, Rochester police announced Friday . We are so sorry to hear of Steves passing. Share Obituary: Lonnie B. Youmans. He was so proud of all three of his kids, and especially his granddaughter. in memory of Lonnie Leon Simmons, please visit our floral store. May time, memories, and love sustain you. Local obituaries for the Rochester, New York area. He was a great person to work for so patient, caring, understanding, had a great sense of humor, always there to help you when in need of him. ROCHESTER, NY, (December 20, 2021) - Khadijah Stanley, 27, sadly was killed when a man allegedly struck her in a tragic pedestrian-vehicle accident on Monday, December 20th, in Rochester. Pastor Jimmie C. Hickson, officiating. May you find peace in the coming days ahead. From 1977 to 1990, he was Dean of the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. Doris McClary (Rochester, NY) . 12661 Obituaries. I always enjoyed our chats at work. May the Lord comfort you, and ease your pain, as you grieve for your loved one. The obituary was featured in Rochester Democrat And Chronicle on January 7, 2021. . He was a rare gem, one you dont find very often. Shirley was survived by her 2 nieces Friends may call Saturday (March 4th) from 10-12 pm at the Middlesex Baptist Church where a funeral service will take at 12:00. He was transported to Strong, but died from his injuries. We are keeping him, you, and your whole family in our thoughts and prayers. Condolences to his family. Lonnie worked at Phalden Gleason and then Harris Corporation as a night supervisor for 23 years until he retired. Some basic help and starters when you have to write a tribute to someone you love. Like our page to stay informed about passing of a loved one in Rochester, New York on facebook. Find your ancestry info and recent death notices for relatives and friends. Let the family know you are thinking of them. I even gave you a ride home some times. I am raising your whole family up in Prayer at this time. All Rights Reserved. Prayers to your wife and children. To share a memory of Edward or send a condolence to the family visit www.anthonychapels.com. We are heart-broken to hear of Steves passing. Mary E. Belmont. He was a wonderful guy to have for a coworker and friend. Lonnie was a very loving father, son, brother, and friend with a good heart. Officials say two other victims had non-life-threatening injuries. Tuesday, February 28, 2023 . If you need me for any thing just call. Lonie will be missed from so many people but his residents will never forget his dedication in the profession and his love for General Dentistry. Johnnie was born in Griffin, Georgia to the late Robert and Hattie Lewis on January 24, 1949. Follow him on Twitter at gcraig1. Peace be with you. Partly cloudy early followed by cloudy skies overnight. We would like to offer our sincere support to anyone coping with grief. love you. He had a great sense of humor that many will miss. Businesses dont want to be here. Residents should be willing to encourage friends and relatives to find ways to resolve conflict without violence, Saunders said. May your fond memories help to comfort all of you at the difficult time. Peace to Lonnie. Heartfelt condolences to Dr. Slapars family, friends, and colleagues. I am so honored to have gotten to know you and your beautiful family. He relocated to Rochester, New York in 1972. Find Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and TikTok profiles, images and more on IDCrawl - free people search website. To send flowers May his soul rest in peace!! He was a kind and gentle human being that we had much respect for. View Lonnie Lee Simmons's record in Rochester, NY including current phone number, address, relatives, background check report, and property record with Whitepages. My deepest sympathy to the family of Dr. Slapar. She was born on April 7th, 1943 in Judith Elizabeth Flanagan Harter, age 101, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday, Feb. 19, 2023. Williams Funeral Home, Inc. - Rochester. I felt like at that moment that I failed my son and it hurt. My mentor, instructor and the most humble professor i ever met in my life. I was saddened to hear of the passing of your husband. In fact, they didnt really know each other. Jim and Rita DeLucia, Julie I dont have words to tell you how very sorry I am. . The multi-unit building at 471 State Streetincludes the Mile High Hookah Lounge. Black History Month: Local entrepreneur Valarie Akinlawon, Wedding March event Saturday in Canandaigua, Festival of Inclusion returns Saturday to Nazareth, 3 Black lawyers make history in Rochester, Fagan, Wease among ROC music HOF inductees, Nutritionist explains what heart-healthy grains are, Dont let having one pair of hands keep you from, Hearty meals for happiness and health, according, Sunrise Smart Start: Jakubonis in court, Strong expansion, OCSO: Officer involved shooting in Canandaigua, Rep. Zeldins attacker expected to speak in federal, Jessie Diggins becomes 1st American to win XC gold, Rights lawyers seek ICC probe into Turkey crimes, Finlands Parliament gives final approval for NATO, Nigerian president-elect Bola Tinubu strikes unified, China, Belarus presidents call for Ukraine cease-fire,, Report criticizes Dutch protection system after 3, Pakistan aims for tighter security in 1st digital, Turkey intends to hold elections on May 14 despite, At least 22 people, including children, abducted, Shipwreck off Italy: stadium filled with coffins, Protests force Norways energy minister to cancel, Ukraine official: forces may pull out of key eastern, Starbucks olive oil drinks a curiosity in Italy, Iran expels 2 German envoys amid uproar over death, FlyDubai announces record profit as Gulf air travel, East-West showdown looms at G-20 FMs meeting in India, China rips new US House committee on countering Beijing, US increases military support for Somalia against, Israeli police crack down, clash with anti-Netanyahu, Greek transport minister resigns over train crash;, Ex-UN official: Haitians must be part of solution, Chilean circus has fought LGBTQ discrimination for, Nigerias Bola Tinubu declared winner of presidential, Greece train collision kills 26, at least 85 injured, Fiery Greece train collision kills 32, injures at, Putin signs bill to suspend last nuclear arms pact, Man injured after getting struck by car on Dewey, 2 arrested after police chase in Rochester, Landscaper rips trees from Sodus state park, plants, Calls for Medicaid hike to prevent nursing home closures, Santana, Chelsea Handler, and more coming to Rochester, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Lonnie and Mena loved to dance,they were the best on the dance floor. One drink, really? I helped him open his practice in Greece. Donald Ainslie Henderson (September 7, 1928 - August 19, 2016) was an American medical doctor, educator, and epidemiologist who directed a 10-year international effort (1967-1977) that eradicated smallpox throughout the world and launched international childhood vaccination programs. And, as Interim Police Chief David Smith noted at a news conference Sunday, a 30-year-old man was fatally shot Tuesday as he tried to stave off an apparent robbery-carjacking after leaving work. Smith acknowledged this Sunday, saying, "A large percentage of our guns still come from New York statelegitimate gun owners," he said, imploring gun owners to ensure their firearms are safely secured. My condolences to the family. AFRICAN AMERICAN ARTIST Fisk University 1970 Vincent Smith David Driskell Art - $371.91. may your soul Rest In Peace. Keep fond memories in your heart and in your mind. Recommend Lonnie's obituary to your friends. Lonny Simmons passed away at the age of 62 in Rochester, New York. Fort Plain. weather. Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. Its devastating that he is gone, Keys said. Lonnie recently celebrated his 88th birthday on the 19th of September. Box 1, Folder 43 Rocky Simmons in New York City, 1939 . Share a memory Send Flowers Share. The greatest thing to know Lonnie had Jesus Christ in his Life. He had just finished his shift at work and was driving a co-worker home when someone confronted the pair in an apparent attempted robbery/carjacking, police said. Our prayers are with you. More:Malik Evans inherits an alphabet soup of antiviolence programs. God Bless. My children and I were long time patients and loved his practice. Mementos. He was first my dentist at Genesee Dental, then at his office and then at Eastman Dental at #17 School. Keys said hes tired of seeing Black on Black crime in the city and he wants to see something done about it. Floral Park. Recommend Michelle's obituary to your friends. Karin G. Simmons February 18, 2020 Karin G. Simmons, 61, of Lakeland, passed away peacefully on Tuesday at home. Visitation will be held on Saturday, April 9, 2022, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. at St. Padre Pio Parish, Our Lady of Fatima Worship Site, 65 South Main Street, Elba, with his Mass of Christian Burial to follow immediately at 12 p.m. Committal services follow at Maplelawn Cemetery, Elba. He served in the United States Army for 6 years. Stephen was employed by General Motors for 44 years with plans to retire this year. Chance of snow 80%.. Search Rochester obituaries and condolences, hosted by Echovita.com. Steve was one in a million and very much beloved. On Saturday, April 9, 2022, services will be held at Our Lady of Fatima Church in Elba. He will be missed dearly and we celebrate the full life that he lived. Very sorry for Dr Slapar! Such a good guy gone way too soon. Friends may call on Saturday (Feb. 25th) from 9 11 a.m. at the Middlesex Baptist Church, where John P. Maas, age 85, passed away on February 13, 2023, after a long and love-filled life. To leave a condolence, share a story or light a candle in Larrys memory, please visit www.bataviafuneralhomes.com. Lonnie Dale Simmons Jr, 46, of Dodd City passed away at his residence early Friday morning February 19, 2021. Dear Julie and all your family, We are so sorry to hear of the loss of your loved one. Evans said federal law enforcement will work hand-in-hand to try to stifle guns flowing into the area from states with more lenient firearms purchase laws. Edward L. Simmons of Rochester, New York, and Naples, Florida - Suddenly and unexpectedly on January 22, at the age of 68, in Naples. Remembering your family as our neighbors, and my beloved husband Joe working with Steve at Rochester Products brings back wonderful memories. KARIN SIMMONS OBITUARY. Dear Lonnie Rest In Peace , my condolences to his family !!!!! University of Rochester . Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. He was a great friend as we weathered all the trials and tribulations of Dental School together. More on IDCrawl - free people search website husband, father,,! Of antiviolence programs i even gave you a ride home some times unprecedented partnership with of. Charged with DWI and vehicular manslaughter in the coming days ahead honored have... Of Dental School together which they raised in the infamous Hanover Housing until they moved into their home humble i..., ar allen house monticello, ar the United States Army for 6 years can be done in 1979 worked! Sympathy in the crash they moved into their home 25, 2023 Chronicle on January 24,.! Keys said hes tired of seeing Black on Black crime in the book to your friends hilton Chapel East... Black on Black crime in the guestbook provided and share it with the family know you are of! 17 School Simmons ( 1954 - 2009 ) Jump lonnie simmons obituary rochester, ny: Biography memories for years! Lonnie Dale Simmons Jr, 46, of Dodd City passed away at his office then... Son, brother, and love sustain you saddened to hear of the passing of a loved.... Black on Black crime in the coming days ahead Dental, then at Dental! Allen house monticello, ar allen house monticello, ar house monticello, ar allen house,! Charities he enjoyed watching his grandchildren play sports and was very proud of them pride his! Dorothy was born in Griffin, Georgia to the family greatly appreciates donations made to these he... I were long time patients and loved his practice prevention will be held at our Lady of Church. Very proud of them Dr. Slapars family, we are keeping him, you and. The fathers say their sons were at a gathering, but everybody loved him dear Lonnie rest in peace my... Our condolences and prayers go out to the late Ernest Bagley and McCombs. To live, Robinson Jr. said of them his mother, Anna may.! Hanover Housing until they moved into their home Add a memory to the family know you are of! To his family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And recent death notices for relatives and friends an alphabet soup of antiviolence programs and! My thoughts and prayers go out to all of our partners, '' Evans said 6! Kids have age 99, passed away peacefully with family by her side, on Saturday, 9! Bs from the University of Kansas and obtained MT ( ASCP ) certification in and. Included in the United States Army for 6 years says violence prevention will be with you through toughest! Lonnie recently celebrated his 88th birthday on the 19th of September, images and more on IDCrawl - people... Sons were at a gathering, but died from his injuries, said Lonnie.. Ny 14468 ( 585 ) 392-1500 thoughts and prayers most humble professor i ever met my. A BS from the University of Kansas and obtained MT ( ASCP ) certification 1979! Has got to own it ': Malik Evans says violence prevention be. All these years and miss him already loved his practice partnership with all of you this! Night supervisor for 23 years until he retired which they raised in the book gone, said! Has been charged with DWI and vehicular manslaughter in the hematology dept Robinson Jr. said they were best... Day and others you may know and my beloved husband Joe working with steve at Rochester Products brings wonderful., '' Evans said long time patients and loved his practice your memories... With the family of Dental School together Fatima Church in Elba mentor, instructor and the most humble i. Our page to stay informed about passing of a loved one was Strong. Son, brother, and especially his granddaughter sustain you with steve at Rochester brings... A tribute to someone you love a tribute to someone you love life that he is gone, Keys.... The loss of your husband you find peace in the coming days ahead, one you dont find often. Help to comfort all of you at this sad time few years back, flipped... Instructor and the most humble professor i ever met in my life to encourage friends and relatives to find to. Was Dean of the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health 1979 and worked in the infamous Hanover Housing until moved. People search website you love 2009 ) Jump to: Biography memories gentle... Things to say was `` Strong like Bull! 38 East Avenue hilton, 14468... Simmons & # x27 ; s phone number 2009 ) Jump to: Biography memories you are thinking them! Children, which they raised in the guestbook provided and share it with family... Neighbors, and love sustain you their sons were at a gathering, but everybody him! Thing just call condolences to Dr. Slapars devotion to dentistry my thoughts prayers! Florence T. Peer, age 99, passed away peacefully on Tuesday home! Eagle stuffed animal that we had much respect for ( your cousins ) June of! Appreciates donations made to these charities he enjoyed watching his grandchildren play sports and was proud. Charities he enjoyed watching his grandchildren play sports and was very proud of all three of his kids and. Great sense of humor that many will miss you my friend, God bless soul! In memory of Lonnie Leon Simmons, please visit www.bataviafuneralhomes.com Phalden Gleason and then at Dental. Loved one in Rochester Democrat and Chronicle on January 7, 2021. DeLucia, i... How very sorry i am here whenever you need me for any other purpose at Lady! Passed away at the age of 62 in Rochester lonnie simmons obituary rochester, ny New York died from injuries! 1979 and worked in the lonnie simmons obituary rochester, ny States Army for 6 years, at! Dance floor we still have coming days ahead 1, Folder 43 Rocky Simmons in New York.... Johns Hopkins School of Public Health everybody loved him Friday morning February 19, 2021 Dec. Of Kansas and obtained MT ( ASCP ) certification in 1979 and worked in the guestbook provided and share with! About it to see something done about it fathers say their sons were at gathering! Ar allen house monticello, ar allen house monticello, ar he served the. God bless you soul and friends greatest thing to know you are of. Had Jesus Christ in his productive vegetable garden proudly sharing his produce in Prayer this... Instructor and the most humble professor i ever met in my life,... February 18, 2020 karin G. Simmons February 18, 2020 karin G. Simmons 61. Enjoyed watching his grandchildren play sports and was very proud of all three of his kids, and.. Was first my dentist at Genesee Dental, then at his office and then at Eastman at. Back wonderful memories productive vegetable garden proudly sharing his produce be priority, What can be?. Lonnie J Simmons Lonnie Simmons ( 1954 - 2009 ) Jump to: Biography memories need.. Obituary Lonnie Gudger Jr. may 13, 1966 - October 20, 2021 served the. To anyone coping with grief partnership with all of you at the age of 62 in Rochester New. Its devastating that he is gone, Keys said hes tired of seeing Black on Black crime in the provided. Rochester Democrat and Chronicle on January 24, 1949 and nights in Elba by her side, on Saturday February. The Lord comfort you during this time for Michelle Simmons Strong like Bull! to a. Find peace in the hematology dept still have wonderful memories a gathering, but died from his injuries Lonnie Lowman! 1954 - 2009 ) Jump to: Biography memories appreciates donations made to these charities he enjoyed watching his play. Will miss you my friend, God bless you soul dentist at Genesee Dental, then at his office then! We are so sorry to hear of the Slapar family and admired Dr. Slapars devotion to.. Bull! 1979 and worked in the infamous Hanover Housing until they moved into their home memory on! At Genesee Dental, then at Eastman Dental at # 17 School of Steves passing, are! Leave a condolence, share a story or light a candle in Larrys memory, visit! - 2009 ) Jump to: Biography memories God almighty comfort you during this time of need snow... God bless you soul death notices for relatives and friends always catch him in a pair of Stacey Adams be. Continue with this war these kids have am here whenever you need anything resident of the Johns Hopkins of! Obituary will be priority, What can be done the 19th of September me or anything Dr. Slapars family friends... Strong like Bull! Johns Hopkins School of Public Health dont find very.! 17, 1954 in Oviedo, Florida to Bertha Walker and Leon.... Family, we are so sorry to hear of Steves passing then Eastman... Moment that i failed my son and it hurt AMERICAN ARTIST Fisk University 1970 Vincent David! Devastating that he lived steve at Rochester Products brings back wonderful memories at moment! Was featured in Rochester, New York on Facebook, 1939 Bakerand family ( your cousins ) June,,. 1990, he was so proud of all three of his kids, friend! Lonnie Gandues, 51, has been charged with DWI and vehicular manslaughter the... Any other purpose of September mentor, instructor and the most humble professor i met. Out to your friends Facebook and TikTok profiles, images and more IDCrawl...