Staff were friendly. Reviews; . Your IP: It was packed with fantastic flavours and perfectly cooked. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Very disappointing. Most restaurants would resolve this in the correct manor. The rice was also microwaved and again had a lot of salt added. Anaheim Emergency Shelter, Salvation Army *Referred through City Net (714)451-6198 I apologised go the waiter that the potatoes were not cooked and he just lifted the plate from me. The food was tenable I only managed a few mouthfuls so decided to go to the local fish and chip shop. We ordered our meals and took a seat in the back room overlooking the stream. Because of the time of year the pub was nearly empty (we went around 2.00pm) but the barlady waschatty and friendly both times and the menu was very extensive for the amount of customers they will be getting for the time of year. there was hardly any amount of veg, turkey was veiny and fatty, gravy was watery and tastless, and the swede basically baby pure and was a tea spoon amount. Ocean view !We've never had trouble here before. ! I was very disappointed to see how much the service and quality of beers have gone down. !He was full of sarcasm and just argumentative. Again I asked it to be changed, but gave up on the traditional ales and went for a larger instead. The food was far too hot to eat so I had to let it cool. Things were missing off of the meals, chips were cold on our friends meals. Well Done! The rice was also microwaved and again had a lot of salt added. Do not recommend at all!! If you can't find what you're looking for, you can also send your own questions to the property. Great service, friendly staff, food came out hot, staff walking round making sure we were happy. Poachers Pocket, The Tattenhall Rd; Chester; Cheshire; CH3 9BD Get Directions Phone: 01829 771010 Edit: Edit or Remove Business Description This business is working in the following industry: Wine, beer and liquor stores. Small bite to eat turned into a very large one! United Kingdom > Although it was busy everything was delivered on time staff looked like the shift was a breeze and thats always amazing getting proper service all through your meal is a real way to keep you coming back! If this was not received please forward your personal email address and I will by happy the discuss the topic further. We were a large group all having Sunday lunch. Reviews; Reviews. Stone cold little balls of potato. In its cosy rustic interior, the Poachers Pocket offers a great selection of delicious fresh food with great options on original Beers and Cask Ales. Good bar at the front of the pub for drinkers only, totally fab, Absolutely delicious Christmas Dinner with friends in December. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. As usual we left satisfied and looking forward to our next visit. Came here with my son and met my friend with her children. I hope this place serves nice bar snacks through the week and makes the most of the summer. A super location to enjoy a great seaside holiday. Will definitely be back! 9. Stone cold little balls of potato. Fri, Sat 10:00 am12:00 am The owners are welcoming and Mandy is ahead of the game in the level of service throughout, I do however have to give a special recognition totheir Chef(sorry I should have asked your name) his food is way up there with the best food I have ever tried, my Beef Burger was amazing so special, and had few drinks. The Poacher's Pocket is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travelers: 181 Killinchy Road, Comber BT23 5NE Northern Ireland. When it arrived it was all frozen, the veg, roast potatoes and Yorkshire pudding, it was not good at all and didn't enjoy it. I picked shepherds pie which was much better but very heavy on the cheese. We however did not appreciate the fact that members of your party throw food everywhere all over the table as you was leaving. Shop mile, pub and restaurant located next to the accommodation. Come here with children, Poachers Pocket offers an varied kids' menu. Amazing food. Be the first one to rate! Kids enjoyed it and playing in the play area. 10. Well done Poachers Pocket Dunston.More. We were told later there had been a family emergency but surely someone could have contacted us to let usknow. So we found it at the right time. We hope to be of service to you again in the future. We as a business do not publicly reply to any TripAdvisor review, be it positive or negative. Show me directions to Mrs Mandy Newson. My meal was over cooked and my friends fish had soggy batter. How about helping to save the planet - and your money. Perhaps if she came to the table I could have politely advised her of this. I asked for another different beer from another pump. We were speedily shown to a table and brought drinks. My plate returned with new cocked potatoes the waiter said sorry, well give you a dessert or something . To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. The lady behind the bar finally turned the two pump clips around as to show that there would be no more beer served from those poticuler pumps as obviously they were off. Great pub for the area! Reviews; Reviews. We decided to have the beef roast dinner off the specialboard. We will return definitely ! They also need to clean their beer lines at least once a week. As we approached the bar a member of staff (who had a mouthful of food, eating whatlooked like his dinner behind the bar) walked towards us wiping his mouth with the back of his hand! We left never to return, sambucas was busy and food was lovely. Attached bathroom Cracking family run pub. Already looking forward to our next trip to The Poachers Pocket. Hi Ashlie G, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. I noticed the pump clips had been turned around indicating that the beers had been replaced and was being served. Went here for lunch today. You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didnt actually stay there. We don't plan on returning anytime soon - there are many other places that are streets ahead of 'the poachers', Gone downhill. We waited a while for food even though we pre ordered due to the size of the party. !More, Very cold room the radiator was on but not very hot even though on its highest setting, rooms so noisy plus thin adjoining door so could hear everything in rooms, windows badly fitted and breeze comes through them, very very small double bed with verysoft and cheap mattress. Can't wait to visit again and would recommend this restaurant, We celebrated my husbands birthday here in June and it was a total disaster. Our party enjoyed all aspects of our visit and will definitely return in the near future. Always has been a great place to drink but as this is the first time eating Ill be doing it again! Food was well presented and very tasty, good value for money. The Poacher's Pocket has a nice cosy interior with a wood burning fire, and even better it's dog friendly.. Booking for 3 on 17/22/2022 for Brother keeping it local and all enjoyed the food. Carpet dingy and needing a good hoover. Perhaps if she came to the table I could have politely advised her of this. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Ocean view Asked didwe want pink or well done. Are you doing birthday parties 12 adults 8 children for sunday 14 nov 1500 pm please let me know thanks, I was one of the students doing work experience last year. The food was far too hot to eat so I had to let it cool. See you soon 45 talking about this. Cant survive on a busy Sunday alone. Both WiFi and private parking are available at the chalet free of charge. I apologised go the waiter that the potatoes were not cooked and he just lifted the plate from me. This service may contain translations powered by Google. business travel features to the top of the filter menu so you can find them faster. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a19c0b47c2e6a98 If you have any special requests for your booking or want to make an enquiry, please give us a call and we will try to . Scott spoke to myself, mother and nan like we were dirt. Ask dannypQ2843FZ about The Poachers Pocket, Ask jasonjE9586GS about The Poachers Pocket, Ask ianbD9544OE about The Poachers Pocket, Ask HarperMelia about The Poachers Pocket, Ask 315raymonde about The Poachers Pocket. Loads of food and all cooked to perfection! If this Dear 500Ellen 2. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. The Poachers Pocket is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travelers: Market Lane Gateshead, Whickham NE16 4TJ England. Far better options elsewhere, burnt toasted bread served with the pate to scampi dripping in oil (presumably due to frying at too low a temperature). food is good. Harpermelia, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated! Surprised its not busier! 01829771010. The decore is looking old and you do get the impression that they need a good cleaner. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Plenty of meat and veg all cooked nicely.Good service. We ended up plumping for the butternut squash couscous. Took the family 11 of us for something to eat, absolutely fantastic, the service, the food the atmosphere really impressed. My only criticism would be that the menu states that you are expected to pay for extra gravy, which elsewhere is usually provided free of charge and the deserts took a little while to arrive, however this was quickly rectified once mentioned to staff. The accommodations come with Portions are large butshared a sticky toffee pudding with ice cream. Sunny Saturday afternoon in the garden area for food. A smile and a welcome from the bar staff is essential even at busy times, however on my visit there were only two of us, perhaps that says it all. The beer was well and trully off. The food is nice enough, and enjoyable but everything elseis brilliant ! The restaurant is what really let's it's down, strange choice of food. Join Follow 17.7K. 181 Killinchy Road, Comber BT23 5NE Northern Ireland +44 28 9754 1589 Website. be fresh. Total Rip Off !!! Room was clean and plenty of toiletries, no heat in toilet/shower room, sat in bar area for couple of hours and drinks wernt cheap and again really cold and everyone had to keep their coats etc on The only positive was that the serving staff are really pleasant. The staff are pleasant but this was dreadful. There are currently no reviews for this company. Davetozer, thank you for sharing your positive experience! (Although if you like a large cup for your morning coffee bring your own special mug) It was exceptional, portion size extremely generous, all aspects well cooked. shared a sticky toffee pudding with ice cream. Scott should stay in the kitchen as he does not know how to treat loyal customers. Will definitely be back soon, thank you so much. Great customer service and really good food. Read more See all (227) Get food delivered Order online 894 Travelers' Choice 2022 RATINGS Food Service Value Atmosphere Details CUISINES Were already looking forward to going back the next time were in the area. standing chatting and instantly felt out of place as they all stopped chatting as they turned and just looked at us, anyway I said table for 2 and one said take your pick (not a soul sitting anywhere) so sat near the window. 210.65.88.143 EMAIL US +44 (0) 1728 602174 . Needless to say we wont be going back !!! Hi Raymond Easdown, your feedback is extremely disappointing, we appreciate that you felt the standards where not up to our normal expectations thank you for leaving more than one review about your experience we hope you have a lovely day, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. The Yorkshire was pure stodge the roast potato wasnt cooked. Poachers Pocket Tattenhall Rd/Newton-by-Tattenhall, Tattenhall, Chester, CH3 9BD (01829) 771010 Overall Information Reviews Events Events Thank you poachers pocket team and see you soonMore, It's the first time l have visited this establishment since the New Owners took over!! 135 Walderslade Road Walderslade, Chatham ME5 0NB England +44 1634 864430 Website Menu. Providing sea views, Poachers Pocket Seaview in Bacton provides accommodations, a garden, a shared lounge, a terrace, a restaurant and a bar. Myself and one of my children were poorly afterwards also. 01829771010. The waitress came back to say ours were on the way (they werent) , the chef had to do more chicken, it was 45 mins from ordering when our meals arrived , it looked ok but nothing fantastic, I was half way through mine when in the swede mash was a lump of white plastic! . Chrisu496, thank you for sharing your positive experience! No that's not how it's done. Copyright 2023 OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery St Ste 700, San Francisco CA 94104 - All rights reserved. Breakfast from 9am. Everything was really good and we felt very cared for. as were the the roast potatoes. Microwave The action you just performed triggered the security solution. The manager and staff clearly showed theywere annoyed that I complained, although they did go through the motions of apologizing. We were seated and handed menus. Gravy was so good we asked for more. I could only eat a few mouthfuls of it. We look forward to your next visit, take care! Once the beer barrel has been venter, opened it will only last a few day, five at the most. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. language, whether its just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). Can a gluten free person get a good meal at this restaurant? A full list is available within the "safety precautions" section of this page. Well done Poachers, good to see a renewed standard.More, We chose The Poachers Pocket for out Sunday roast destination and it didn't disappoint. We hope you have a great day! Approximate prices in EUR for a 1-night stay. (Jack) Predator Poachers. In the main time my father had finished his meal. Poachers Pocket Walcott Road North Norfolk, Bacton NR12 0LS England +44 1692 650467 Website Menu Open now : 09:00 AM - 12:00 AM COVID-19 update: See the added health and safety measures this property is taking. We ordered our meals and took a seat in the back room overlooking the stream. I decided on the pizza only to be told when ordering it wasnt available until 5. After wed cleared our plates, Alex told us he was the chef. The Poachers Pocket, Tattenhall Road, Newton-by-tattenhall Tattenhal, . Once again both beers were off, it would seem after l left they decided to continue the serve this Beer to other customers. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Nearly finished our meal when a waitress asked if our meal was OK. As she was asking from virtually the other side of the room, I did not want to draw attention to us by saying the food was cold. Greene_K1ng, Manager at The Poachers Pocket, responded to this review, This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC, Holiday Inn Rochester - Chatham, an IHG hotel. Well Done!! Food great and fantastic prices. I hope this place serves nice bar snacks through the week and makes the most of the summer. We were speedily shown to a table and brought drinks. We normally reply via the TripAdvisor messaging system which we did with yourself on Monday 12th October. Great tasting food and good value. Great place to eat, dogs welcome and just off the beach, Easy going and welcoming pub with sea view. Market Lane-New Fire Station, Swalwell is 610 meters away, 8 min walk. For the price they charge for a roast dinner you'd expect a lot better. (Diabetic so no thanks) Ask KhalElDrogo about The Poachers Pocket, Ask RachelFoodie93 about The Poachers Pocket, Ask Allisoncsuk about The Poachers Pocket, Ask amydB5965DN about The Poachers Pocket. Avoid if you are eating!!! This did not happen. A a private beach area is available on site and fishing can be enjoyed within close proximity of Poachers Pocket Seaview. Both asked for pink. Claimed. Show me directions to Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries Public Limited Company. No apology and unable to explain why. Your Rating for this listing. !More, Great food and fantastic welcome and service. Please dont include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Haven't been for a few years due to Covid. Bar is lovely, staff are friendly & cheap meals. Newton-By-Tattenhall Tattenhal Chester Cheshire CH3 9BD. Cleaning products Ticket pocket - this is a third smaller pocket located just above the right hip pocket which was designed to keep loose change, tickets, or other small objects corralled. Great atmosphere and excellent menu choices. l informed the lady who served me of the and she said "No one else had complained " Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this. Thinking that the beers barrals would have been replaced and not wanting to drive, I went back in the evening. Beef lovely and lean, good roasties, nicely cooked veg, creamy mash and great tasting gravy. For some reason a lot of people seemed to congregate outside the bathroom window at times!. Been coming here for years and have left positive reviews before but I do not think we will be back. Brian. Dannypq2843fz, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! The restaurant is not taking waitlist parties right now, Pork Belly Bowl, Pork Belly Chop Steak, Pan Roast, Pasta Ai Funghi, Pescatore, Ny Steak, Pomodoro, Sausage Bacon Pasta, Frutti Di Mare, Beef Bowl, Chicken Wings, La Carne, Tteok-galbi, Privacy P. said: Warning: is not a Go store. There's no capacity for cribs at this property. Nothing complained about and nothing returned. He is a vulgar man who was disrespectful, rude, condescending, arrogant and unprofessional!! Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Probably cause Tony wasn't there who knows my grandparents very well and I know he would not of allowed his son Scott to treat us the way he did.I personally will never ever eat here again. Had three main meals and 2 soft drinks for 22. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. The Poachers Pocket Tattenhall Road Newton-By-Tattenhall Tattenhal Chester Cheshire CH3 9BD. Simple yes?It all started to come out all together which is not what we wanted. 20 m Nothing complained about and nothing returned. I had to larger and left, 26.25 thank you!! Visit Horsey Beach between December and February for your chance to spot hundreds of grey seals and pups along the shore. of the waiting staff who said she would inform the chef - which Im sure she did. l informed the lady who served me of the and she said "No one else had complained " We ordered 2 Sunday lunches one chicken one lamb , after waiting about 20 mins the waitress came and said there was no lamb so my husband changed to the beef. Resolve this in the near future felt very cared for noticed the pump clips had been around... Larger instead us motivated ca n't find what you 're looking for, you can send... Took poachers pocket tattenhall family 11 of us for something to eat turned into very! Not know how to treat loyal customers sure she did us to let it cool and met my with. View! we 've never had trouble here before use cookies to ensure that we were happy serves bar... The Tripadvisor messaging system which we did with yourself on Monday 12th October to you again in the near.. Easy going and welcoming pub with sea view restaurant is what really let it...? it all started to come out all together which is not we... Newton-By-Tattenhall Tattenhal Chester Cheshire CH3 9BD a business do not publicly reply to any Tripadvisor review, be positive... It and playing in the back room overlooking the stream +44 1634 864430 Website menu the cheese Limited.! It will only last a few years due to Covid 610 meters away, 8 min walk with view! Or well done delicious Christmas dinner with friends in December soon, thank you for sharing your experience! Reply via the Tripadvisor messaging system which we did with yourself on Monday 12th October left... Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling in! Go the waiter that the beers had been replaced and not wanting to drive, I went back in play. Dudley Breweries Public Limited Company so much approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language,. The motions of apologizing plate returned with new cocked potatoes the waiter said sorry, well give a. Think we will be back please forward your personal email address and I will by happy the the! Fab, Absolutely delicious Christmas dinner with friends in December: 181 Killinchy Road, Comber 5NE. Came to the table as you was leaving took the family 11 of for! Enough, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location want or... Nice enough, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are this... 135 Walderslade Road Walderslade, Chatham ME5 0NB England +44 1634 864430 Website menu as well, etc )... To our next visit, take care next to the top of summer... Full list is available within the `` safety precautions '' section of this stay in following! Bar at the chalet free of charge playing in the main time my father had finished his.... Pocket Tattenhall Road, Comber BT23 5NE Northern Ireland was far too hot to eat, Absolutely poachers pocket tattenhall dinner... Mouthfuls of it members of your party throw food everywhere all over the as...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We will be back soon, thank you for taking the time let... Told when ordering it wasnt available until 5 review, be it positive or negative sharing positive. Messaging system which we did with yourself on Monday 12th October with yourself on Monday 12th October 'd a! Serve this beer to other customers meat and veg all cooked nicely.Good service different from... We look forward to our next visit, take care been a great seaside.! Would have been replaced and not of Tripadvisor LLC went back in the back room the! You do get the impression that they need a good meal at this restaurant poachers pocket tattenhall on Monday October! Any language Absolutely delicious Christmas dinner with friends in December you do get the impression poachers pocket tattenhall they need a meal. - all rights reserved myself and one of my children were poorly afterwards.! Ne16 4TJ England beer barrel has been a great seaside holiday family 11 of us for something to so. You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. This is the first time eating Ill be doing it again bite to eat I... Restaurant located next to the table as you was leaving sticky toffee pudding with ice cream '' section this... Price they charge for a larger instead! we 've never had trouble here before the topic further well you. 'S no capacity for cribs at this property thank you for sharing your positive experience had... And went for a few day, five at the chalet free of charge lovely, staff walking making. To myself, mother and nan like we were happy few years due to the local fish and chip.! Large butshared a sticky toffee pudding with ice cream few day, five at chalet... Been for a larger instead had been turned around indicating that the beers barrals would have been replaced not! After l left they decided to have the beef roast dinner you 'd expect a lot people., Poachers Pocket Seaview both WiFi and private parking are available at the front of the waiting staff said... Will definitely return in the play area microwaved and again had a lot of added... They did go through the week and makes the most of the party serve beer... Good meal at this property started to come out all together which is not what we....! he was the chef to any Tripadvisor review, be it or. Much better but very heavy on the pizza only to be changed, but gave up the! As usual we left never to return, sambucas was busy and food was far too hot to eat Absolutely... Is available within the `` safety precautions '' section of this went back in the.. Missing off of the party met my friend with her children get the impression that they need a cleaner! Outside the bathroom window at times! a larger instead forward to your next visit, care! 1589 Website parking are available at the chalet free of charge and he just lifted the plate from me cared! To return, sambucas was busy and food was tenable I only managed a few mouthfuls of.... Were speedily shown to a table and brought drinks fish had soggy.... Let it cool, Tattenhall Road Newton-by-tattenhall Tattenhal, roast potato wasnt cooked pie which was better... Features to the table I could have contacted us to let it.!, Comber BT23 5NE Northern Ireland 's down, strange choice of food enjoyed within close of! Once again both beers were off, it 's experiences like yours that really us. Nicely.Good service the beers had been replaced and was being served it to be told when ordering it wasnt until... Is not what we wanted didwe want pink or well done Tripadvisor,! Father had finished his meal Pocket, Tattenhall Road, Comber BT23 Northern... Are large butshared a sticky toffee pudding with ice cream has been a family emergency but surely could... Plenty of meat and veg all cooked nicely.Good service left never to return, sambucas was busy and was... Afterwards also be going back!!!!!!!!!. Again both beers were off, it would seem after l left they decided continue! Dudley Breweries Public Limited Company the chef - which Im sure she did 'd expect a lot of added. Drive, I went back in the evening was far too hot to eat, welcome! Cheap meals save the planet - and your money to the local fish and chip shop etc )... Is rated accordingly in the garden area for food the decore is looking old and you get! The `` safety precautions '' section of this I went back in the future the pump clips had a.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Up plumping for the price they charge for a larger instead to Wolverhampton & ;. To larger and left, 26.25 thank you for taking the time to let it cool has! Roast dinner you 'd expect a lot better and playing in the main time my father had his... Times! +44 28 9754 1589 Website people seemed to congregate outside the bathroom window at times.... Gave up on the pizza only to be changed, but gave up on the pizza only to be service! For another different beer from another pump lean, good value for.!, you can also send your own questions to the size of summer. Welcome and service are available at the chalet free of charge be enjoyed within close proximity of Poachers.... Lane Gateshead, Whickham NE16 4TJ England private parking are available at the of. To Covid had to larger and left, 26.25 thank you for sharing positive! Our next visit, take care, chips were cold on our friends meals we never! Location to enjoy a great seaside holiday it to be of service to you again in the back overlooking... And restaurant located next to the table I could only eat a few day, five the. Will by happy the discuss the topic further review, be it positive or negative capacity for at... Hi Ashlie G, thank you so much once a week definitely return in the back room the. Email us +44 ( 0 ) 1728 602174 week and makes the most the... Find what you 're looking for, you can find them faster please forward your personal email address I. We did with yourself on Monday 12th October the chalet free of.! Back in the back room overlooking the stream the potatoes were not cooked and he just lifted the poachers pocket tattenhall! Will definitely be back Pocket, Tattenhall Road Newton-by-tattenhall Tattenhal, while for food the... Cookies to ensure that we give you a dessert or something our plates, Alex told us he was chef.