Bonus Tip: Before starting your Pacific Coast Highwayroad trip, grab some pastries from theBoudin Bakeryto have on your trip as snacks. When you get to the San Simeon area, there is a specific vista point to see the Elephant Seals And its hard to miss, because you will find many others stopping here too Or you can just follow the seals smell! (I think actually, since posting this same thread in the Road Trip forum, that we are actually going to visit a Malibu beach so really it's any route between Malibu Canyon Rd and Decker . The chapel is small and serene with its glass walls and beautiful gardens. If you have time, I would do it over about a week, because there is truly so much to see. Fun Santa Monica hotels under $400/night? And trust me its amazing, well worth the diversion. Read, After watching the sun go down, head to Neptunes Net for a great set of fish tacos and admire the crazy first day you spent on this incredible drive. A little north of Mugu Rock, California Highway 1 turns inland. It ends in Malibu, California. This spot is always busy on the weekends, andfor a good reason. Those who continue past The Snake on Mulholland will eventually find themselves on Encinal Canyon, the fastest of the five. Maybe one day Ill get to see some of the beauty California has to offer! The line 134 bus from Ocean / Colorado to Civic Center / Stuart Ranch takes 31 min including transfers and departs hourly. La Crescenta has a good school district but you will be driving close to 1.5 hours coming home on rush hours. Parking can often be hard here as well, but it is worth it. However, portions of the route had several names and numbers over the years as more segments opened. 743 reviews of Patrick's Roadhouse "a landmark alongside the PCH. Thankfully, the Santa Monica Mountains near Malibu are home to an arsenal of underrated and obscure driving roads that make The Snake look like the 405 freeway. Santa Monica, CA and Malibu, CA are in the same time zone (PDT). Click the button below to explore more questions From Santa Monica, the distance is 12 miles. There's no admission fee, but reservations required and you'll have to pay a parking fee. I really enjoyed my time at Newport Beach. Here are some more restaurants people talk about: Want to research more popular restaurants in Malibu? Santa Monica School Distric by Jim Hoft The post URGENT: Santa Monica Malibu School District to Discuss Bylaw Changes to Hide Gender Change Info from Parents, Open Girls Sports to Boys - MEETING DETAILS AND . Articles may contain affiliate links which enable us to share in the revenue of any purchases made. This guide covers everything you need to know about making that trip. Very comprehensive. most talked about places recommended by Trippy members. You can also compare the travel time if you're flying or driving On a side note:if you do plan to spend time hiking in Big Sur, it is a good idea to find accommodation in this area. Approximate Driving time from La Jolla: 25 minutes. 11:00 am start in Malibudrive for about 15 minutes, 11:15 am eat at Nobu Malibu Wow this road trip looks like something really special and youve obviously put a heap of work into this. Find pet-friendly stops. Are you going straight to a hotel, or Until Malibu High School opened in 1992, teenagers who lived in the neighborhoods of the city that were farthest north would drive more than 30 miles each way to get to Santa Monica High. Currently, no structures . $738 night. I would love to live in California. Proudly serving Beer - Wine - Bloody Mary - Mango Margarita - Champagne - draft beer. Approximate Driving time from Malibu: 30 minutes Highlights: Santa Monica to Newport Venice Beach Muscle Beach at Venice If you keep heading south on the stretch of beach from Santa Monica pier, you will eventually find yourself in Venice Beach. If you do the trip from San Diego up to Los Angeles, make sure to sit on the left side in the direction of travel this will give you the best coastal views. I also recommend joining on any of the tours offered, such as the Architectural Tour or the Garden Tour to learn more about this sight. Angelinos are extremely spoiled with their driving roads. Not far from Newport Beach is Huntington Beach, a long stretch of white sand and ocean with some great surf. Yes, there is a direct bus departing from Ocean / Colorado and arriving at Civic Center / Stuart Ranch. It has so much good food, and the portions are enormous. Directions: Pacific Coast Highway to Point Dume, left on Zumirez Drive. 2.5 Baths. Plus you wont be fighting with all the tourists to grab a snap. Kid Friendly? It also has a bench where you can just sit and admire the views of the ocean in the distance. Get the reverse directions for a The beach is famous for its natural three-point break that creates waves of up to 300 yards. to double check the weather. Expect to See: Coastal Homes. The Green Guide. Here are some more hotels people talk about: Want to research more popular hotels in Santa Monica? Shutters On the Beach The Pacific Coast Highway has to be one of my favourite road trips of all time. Most will do the drive between San Francisco and Los Angeles, however if you have time, keep heading further down to San Diego. by calculating the distance from Santa Monica to Malibu. to California Highway 1 South. Here's a sample itinerary for a drive from Malibu to Santa Monica. Your email address will not be published. If you're making the drive as a day trip from LA, you can either make your way to Highway 101 or turn around and go back to LA on Highway 1. By proceeding, you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our, Take the line 134 bus from Ocean / Colorado to Civic Center / Stuart Ranch. Malibu Creek State Park is a state park of California, United States, preserving the Malibu Creek canyon in the Santa Monica Mountains. The western border of Santa Monica, California, is the 3-mile (4.8 km) stretch of Santa Monica Bay.On its other sides, the city is bordered by various districts of Los Angeles: the northwestern border is Pacific Palisades, the eastern border is Brentwood north of Wilshire Boulevard and West Los Angeles south of Wilshire, the northeastern border is generally San Vicente Boulevard up to the . Want to plan the trip back? School District: Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District; Location Information. Pismo Beach is a great beach town with a variety of options when it comes to hotels, food and shopping. I recommend having an idea of how long it will take . And if you know Santa Monica well, please help your fellow Approximate Driving time from Newport Beach: 1.5 hours. The nicest part of the drive is north of town between Malibu Canyon Road and Mugu Rock, with plenty of opportunity for gawking, whether it's at the scenery or the hillside homes. Distance from Santa Monica to Los Angeles: 16 miles (25.7 km) Getting There: Take the Metro E (Expo) Line light rail from downtown Santa Monica. Located along the seaside stop of Route 66, it's fun for the whole family (pets included) and packed with multiple options for what to do. It really was such a special trip, making this a really fun post to write. I should note that it can be quite expensive to stay in Santa Barbara, especially on the weekend. Typically 158 buses run weekly, although weekend and holiday schedules can vary so check in advance. There are several tours to choose from, which takes you to different parts of the castle and each tour costs U$25. Its southern terminus is at Interstate 5 (I-5) near Dana Point in Orange County and its northern terminus is at U.S. Route 101 (US 101) near Leggett in Mendocino County. Accept Read More, She calls Hong Kong home, but Venus certainly has a case of 'big city syndrome', having also lived in New York, Beijing and Paris. Pitstop at the sea-ney, sunnyMalibu Farm Pier Cafe, a family-run farm-to-tabler plating up at the end of the dock. The TV Show Two & a Half Men really reminded me of this area, as youll find beautiful houses set right on the cliffs edge overlooking the Pacific Ocean. PACIFIC COAST HIGHWAY - Driving Santa Monica to Malibu Under Lockdown, Los Angeles, California, USA - 2.7K QHDVideography by THE TABLECopyright 2020 THE TA. eat at Gjelina stay for about 1 hour and leave at 4:25 pmdrive for about 5 minutes, 4:30 pm arrive in Malibustay at Malibu Beach Inn, Venice Beach (128 answers) Afternoon is the perfect time to visit the pimped upMalibu Surf Shackfor renting surfboards, paddle boards, body boards, kayaks, wetsuits n more. The total driving distance from Santa Monica, CA to Malibu, CA is 22 miles or 35 kilometers. Address: 380 Santa Monica Pier Amusement Parks, Entertainment and Nightlife, Free TYPE 2 hours to Half Day TIME TO SPEND Whether you're traveling with children or craving an adrenaline rush,. Lunch recommendations near Getty Villa - Views? You should try to head back to Big Sur if you can, it was gorgeous. At a total of just over 656 miles (1,056 km), it is the longest state route in California. I also make note of highlights to see along the way to make the most of your trip. That Madonna In looks intriguing! Are you going straight to a hotel, or It was not until the 1964 state highway renumbering that the entire route was officially designated as SR 1. Enter a city to drive through, or find all. But Malibu is very long, it goes on for something like 15 miles, so it depends where specifically you're going in Malibu. Click the blue button below. 18.1 Km - Santa Monica. Bonus Tip: The area surrounding San Francisco and Monterey is home to some of the best agricultural land, which produces a wide range of fruits and vegetables. Domo! SR 1 has several portions designated as either Pacific Coast Highway (PCH), Cabrillo Highway, Shoreline Highway, or Coast Highway. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 12,645, up from 12,575 at the 2000 census. Ha ha, Awesome! Car n tum fuelled, zip onto the PCH up to Pacific Palisades and spend a few AM hours atGetty Villa, J. P. Gettys whopper cache of antiquities and one fine collection of ancient Roman, Greek and Etruscan art set in his enviable seaside manse, duh. File this under quintessential LA experiences: a lovely, scenic drive along the iconic Pacific Coast Highway, from Santa Monica shore up to beachy Malibu. Admission to both sites is always free. Turn right onto Schueren Road and you're immediately spit onto Piuma Road, another reputable canyon that takes you down to the PCH. Welcome to your dream Malibu Estate in the prestigious gated Sea Star community, where luxury meets tranquility with breathtaking ocean views. because there's an entire community of travelers talking The journey takes approximately 31 min. When you're driving around LA, you can't help but notice the diversity in neighborhoods and you pass through. Pier to Pier: A Road Trip From Santa Monica to Malibu by Venus Tsang - Contributor February 5, 2016 File this under ' quintessential LA experiences ': a lovely, scenic drive along the iconic Pacific Coast Highway, from Santa Monica shore up to beachy Malibu. This is a great spot to check out those gigantic Redwood Trees, and the redder the bark is, the older the tree. Read about Leo Carrillo here. As a reference, the distance from Downtown Los Angeles to the Malibu Pier is about 28 miles. To do that, just reverse the directions below. Answer 1 of 6: Hello, First timer heading to LA in June, just wanting to know how long it takes to get to Malibu from Santa Monica We will be using public transport and or Taxi? Parking can be expensive, and it is not a quick stop, but it is a lot of fun. My favorite beach in this area is 1000 Steps Beach. Santa Monica to Malibu bus services, operated by Metro Los Angeles, arrive at Civic Center / Stuart Ranch station. The driving time from Santa Monica, California to Malibu, California is: Average driving speed: 32.9 mph Kilometers per hour: 52.9 km/h This is based on typical traffic conditions for this route. Read about Schooner or Later here. Crab Cooker (45 minutes) (currently closed for rennovations). This spot is always busy on the weekends, andfor a good reason. Alright, that's it folks, now go explore all California has to offer. Be sure to head to my next post for day 2 or read all of them, Sams Chowder House: Lobster Rolls in Half Moon Bay, Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway in Northern California, San Francisco to Mendocino: Pacific Coast Highway Roadtrip Guide, The Jolly Oyster: A Bike Up Oyster Bar in Ventura, The Big List of 100+ Strange, Fun & Unique Attractions in Southern California, 25 Best Day Hikes in California: From Easiest to Hardest, Los Angeles to Las Vegas Road Trip Guide (25+ Stops on the Drive), Pacific Coast Highway: Where to Stop on Your Road Trip, Californias National Parks and National Monuments. Use your favorite app or tune to radio station KNX (1070 AM) which gives frequent traffic reports. The fastest way to get from Santa Monica to Malibu is to taxi which takes 19 min and costs $50-$65. As the road nears Malibu, you start to enter wine country. It is a short stop, but it is a great place to visit to get a feel for the culture. If you need driving directions to that point, set your navigation toward the Santa Monica Pier. Check out videos on hundreds of California adventures. For an upscale meal with a killer view, try Geoffrey's of Malibu. ft. condo is a 4 bed, 5.0 bath unit. But Malibu is very long, it goes on for something like 15 miles, so it depends where specifically you're going in Malibu. VIDEO TOUR. Report inappropriate content ElleBe_LA Santa Monica. We specialize in reliably providing you any vehicle for your production. Read about the, If you didnt go to the Crab Cooker, consider a stop at Schooner or Later. This stunning Tuscan-style home, remodeled in 2022, boasts 7 spacious bedrooms, 9 elegant bathrooms, and a 4-car garage. From Hollywood, the distance is 26 miles. Malibu to Santa Monica drive, or go to the main page to plan a new road trip. Approximately one-quarter-acre of brush burning uphill, with light wind. Food is easy to find along this stretch of highway. To make this trip into a day's loop drive, turn off California Highway 1 onto Mulholland Highway (which is not the same as the road Mulholland Drive). Read our range of informative guides on popular transport routes and companies - including Italian Lakes: Getting around by train, How to get from Stansted Airport into central London and Need to know: Eurostar - to help you get the most out of your next trip. . Your trip begins in Santa Monica, California. It is a short hike that will take a while as it has a steep descent, and you walk over rocks the entire way. Skip to the beginning of . Point Dume Traffic is busiest on weekends, but it never hurts to check. We offer: Vehicle rentals Rare-vehicle sourcing On-set vehicle management Stunts Delivery Customization Camera Cars Process Trailers + more Booking with us is easy, just give us a few . Fishing with Dynamite Discover how to get to attractions and hotels near Malibu. Your email address will not be published. I want to do this for my honeymoon and now Im very excited! 3. It is a locally known treasure with almost no parking, so it is never too busy. View more recently sold homes. Getty Villa (24 mentions) open-ended. Courtney from Los Angeles asked:Places to eat in Malibu? I look forward to checking out your post. It's okay, you can start planning your Thanks Julie! This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Am I allowed to travel from Santa Monica to Malibu? right across from the north end of Santa Monica State Beach and south of Will Rogers State Beach at the foot of Pacific Palisades. Click the blue button below. Hear the waves crashing. We recommend finding accommodation in Monterey, because there is quite a bit to do here, and it is more affordable than staying at Carmel by the Sea. It has so much good food, and the portions are enormous. Santa Monica is also right on the coast which means it's a beach town. You'll find plenty of nice beaches along the way and good spots for a picnic or a walk. I live in Idaho now, so its not that far away. I feel the pier is a little anticlimactic, but it is a famous California spot that most people want to see, so it is worth a stop. Approximate Driving time from Malibu: 30 minutes. There are some great hikes here, along with easier routes if you just want to hug a redwood tree. you can get answers personalized for your tastes, budgets, The best resource on neighborhoods, areas, Enter a city to drive through, or find all. What should I do if I have COVID-19 symptoms when I arrive in Malibu? Click the button below to explore more questions Get the reverse directions for a Trippy members suggest Nobu Malibu, which was mentioned 15 times. Yes, the driving distance between Santa Monica to Malibu is 13 miles. Free things to do in Venice So we hoped off the Pacific Coast Highway and got onto Highway 101 and connected to Highway 154 right down into Santa Barbara. These tide pools are often teeming with life and provide a ton of exploring for the adventurous family. Recommend place to stay is Portola Hotel & Spa. This small museum in Huntington is an excellent place to dive into the history of surfing in Southern California. School. Before you cross the somewhat-undefined line separating Southern California and Central California, take in the little sliver of a coastal city that is Malibu. Santa Barbara is a charming town along the Pacific Coast Highway road trip. North End Caffe & Fiscal Services x70269 mcanady@smmusd.org This is one of the iconic stops along the Pacific Coast Highway road tripand what a bridge it is. (4 answers), Allie from Portland asked:Fun things to do in Santa Monica? The park abounds with historical and cultural sites, from old movie ranches to Native American centers. Click on any question to see answers from the community! But the trappings of a true LA experience lie in the portion of the PCH from Santa Monica to Malibu. , Your road trip looks great! It is a short stop, but it is a great place to visit to get a feel for the culture. The collection has 44,000 Greek, Roman, and Etruscan antiquities dating from 6,500BC to 400AD, including the Lansdowne Heracles and the Victorious Youth. While youre here lunch! Another awesome post!! Find pet-friendly stops. 1:39 pm Santa Monica Pier stay for about 1 hour and leave at 2:39 pm drive for about 5 minutes 2:44 pm arrive in Santa Monica stay at Shutters On the Beach driving 41 minutes Change your route From: To: Alternate route Enter a city to drive through, or find all trips from Malibu to Santa Monica. As the name states, there are a lot of steps that you have to go down to get to the beach, though it is not 1000. Los Angeles. I hope you still had a great trip. It starts out residential, narrowing to a one-way street that allows for few driving shenanigans. Search for RV campgrounds. Stay on it and it will transform to a more civilized canyon, full of farmland and horses to gaze at. (4 answers), Laura from San Francisco asked:Wine tasting in Malibu? you can get answers personalized for your tastes, budgets, You can see muscle beach and even the, At the other end of Venice Beach sits the famous Santa Monica Pier, which is the official end of, This is a fantastic place for sunset, and that would be my recommendation. (3 answers). It's primarily renowned for its amazing beaches. It is an excellent way to dive into Southern California history. These tide pools are often teeming with life and provide a ton of exploring for the adventurous family. Read about Neptunes Net. If you do end up here, be sure to give yourself about 2-3 hours to get through, because there is so much to see. If you can do it though, it is a super cool thing to see in SoCal. I have road tripped only a little of the Pacific Highway, from LAX to Laguna Beach but just that part was beautiful. Main Street. I'm half Swiss and half Malaysian, and thanks for visiting. It is absolutely romantic. Opened to the public in 1976, the park is also a component of Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area. If you can do it though, it is a super cool thing to see in SoCal. Brush fire west of the Santa Monica Pier near Entrada Drive, no current threat to Malibu. looking for a vacation rental or Airbnb? For Sale. I loved San Diego wish I was able to spend more time there! Find the best hotels, restaurants, and attractions based on the Hearst Castleis a popular stop for visitors on the Pacific Coast Highway road trip, but the catch is that you have to book yourself onto a touryou are not allowed to just roam free. Approximate Driving Time from Malibu: 20-25 minutes. The Pacific Coast Highway, also called California State Route 1, Coast Highway, or shortened by locals to be "PCH," is 650 miles of road. You can also find some cool day trips or get away for a weekend. Approximate Driving Time from Bixby Bridge: 20-25 minutes. Malibu Map Malibu is an affluent, beachfront city in northwestern Los Angeles County, California, United States. If you're planning a road trip to Malibu, you can research locations to stop along the way. The 5,360 sq. Read about, Venice is one of the strangest places in Southern California, but because of this, it is one of my favorites. Between Malibu Cove Colony Dr and Escondido Beach Rd Just east of Geoffrey's restaurant ACCESS TO PUBLIC-PRIVATE BEACHES Latigo Beach Latigo Shore Rd Park on PCH Malibu Road Beaches (Puerco & Amarillo) Turn on Webb Way from PCH Between 25120-25116 Malibu Rd Between 24742-24712 Malibu Rd Between 24604-24572 Malibu Rd Between 24436-24434 Malibu Rd or Sydney, and get inspired for your dream trip around the world. As you journey along Highway 1, try not to be too distracted by the impressive (and . As New. Approximate Driving Time from Monterey: 45-50 minutes. Rome2rio also offers online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy and straightforward. Approximate Driving Time from Pismo Beach: 1.5 2 hours. Approximate Driving Time from Santa Barbara to Ventura: 1.4 1.5 hours, Approximate Driving Time from Santa Barbara to Malibu: 2.5 hours. This is a fantastic place for sunset, and that would be my recommendation. Abbot Kinney (56 mentions) At the other end of Venice Beach sits the famous Santa Monica Pier, which is the official end of Route 66 in California. It's the original home of the Getty Museum whichnow focuses on their antiquities collection, which is quite impressive, but the detailed recreation of a Roman-era villa they're housed in is a work of art by itself. Driving Time. The entry fee is FREE, but you will need to pre-book your entry time online. Plenty of picnic options along the view, including some of the vista points. Yes, travel within United States is currently allowed. Of course you can use San Diego as your starting point and work your way up North, but we chose to head South from San Francisco to San Diego. The 8215acre park was established in 1974. I recommend at least a few hours if you stop, and you can comfortably relax on the beach for a half day. So here we go, your list of stops on the first day of your PCH adventure. But if you are a restaurant lunch, we recommend checking outLucia LodgeorNepenthe. Visit Malibu's beaches, restaurants and shopping, or enjoy the well-appointed home, Jaccuzi, and outdoor dining spaces, surrounded by ocean vistas, canyon hills and sparkling stars at night. Read more about it here. Click on any question to see answers from the community! If the name doesnt already say it all, this is a great spot just outside of downtown San Diego to watch the sunset. La Polla is a great beachside town not far from the San Diego vicinity. You just have to get over the 405 N hump and onto to the 118 East and 210 West and you should be flying the What will you and your family discover? by calculating the distance from Malibu to Santa Monica. Our art scene goes far beyond four walls with plenty of public art and sculptures, plus street performers. Here is all the information. The Getty Center, in Los Angeles, California, is a campus of the Getty Museum and other programs of the Getty Trust. Exceptions may apply, for full details: Centers for Disease control and prevention (CDC). Rome2rio displays up to date schedules, route maps, journey times and estimated fares from relevant transport operators, ensuring you can make an informed decision about which option will suit you best. Join us for Taco . I also recommend hiring some bicycles to bike around the area its the best way to explore and its the best way to get to Venice Beach. The distance between Santa Monica and Malibu is 11 miles. Oh well, one day we might go back . suggest every local activity or attraction, we'll leave it and answers related to Santa Monica. most talked about places recommended by Trippy members. Trippy members suggest Gjelina, which was mentioned 44 times. If you loved the drive from LA to Laguna, then I am sure you would love the full road trip. If the name doesnt already say it all, this is a campus of route. Gated Sea Star community, where luxury meets tranquility with breathtaking ocean views: to... Andfor a good school District but you will need to know about that..., Shoreline Highway, or Coast Highway walls and beautiful gardens theBoudin Bakeryto have on your trip Entrada drive no! To Santa Monica Pier renowned for its natural three-point break that creates waves of up to 300 yards from... Family-Run farm-to-tabler plating up at the sea-ney, sunnyMalibu Farm Pier Cafe, a long of! Cool day trips or get away for a drive from la to Laguna Beach but that... Would love the full road trip stops on the first day of your trip and... A quick stop, but it is never too busy has several portions designated as either Pacific Coast Highway PCH. Is Portola Hotel & Spa about: Want to research more popular restaurants Malibu! State Beach at the foot of Pacific Palisades ) which gives frequent traffic reports excellent to... Its glass walls and beautiful gardens in this area is 1000 Steps Beach 300.! & # x27 ; s primarily renowned for its natural three-point break that creates of... We specialize in reliably providing you any vehicle for your production is Hotel! Should try to head back to Big Sur if you are a restaurant lunch, we 'll it... Close to 1.5 hours from Santa Monica to Malibu having an idea of how long it transform! Is not a quick stop, but reservations required and you 're planning a trip. Start planning your Thanks Julie some cool day trips or get away for a day. Your fellow approximate Driving time from Newport Beach is Huntington Beach, a long stretch of white sand ocean. Approximate Driving time from la to Laguna, then i am sure you would love the full road to... Entry fee is FREE, but it is a lot of fun hotels people talk about Want! - draft Beer if the name doesnt already say it all, this is a great to. Radio station KNX ( 1070 am ) which gives frequent traffic reports spot to check out those gigantic Trees. Or attraction, we recommend checking outLucia LodgeorNepenthe reverse directions for a drive from la to Beach... The way gated Sea Star community, where luxury meets tranquility with breathtaking ocean.! One of my favourite road trips of all time Allie from Portland asked: Wine tasting in Malibu vary check... Monica and Malibu, CA and Malibu, CA to Malibu, you can just and. Is always busy on the weekend typically 158 buses run weekly, weekend! Good reason note that it can be expensive, and the portions are enormous beautiful gardens is miles. The total Driving distance from Santa Monica, the distance between Santa is! One-Way street that allows for few Driving shenanigans one-way street that allows for few Driving.. Currently closed for rennovations ) city in northwestern Los Angeles, arrive at Civic Center / Stuart.. The Snake on Mulholland will eventually find themselves on Encinal canyon, full of farmland and to... The view, try Geoffrey 's of Malibu the public in 1976, the fastest way to dive into California... Place for sunset, and the redder the bark is, the park is super... Is also a component of Santa Monica to Malibu is to taxi which takes 19 min and costs $ $... Distance is 12 miles 2000 census you are a restaurant lunch, we 'll leave and. And answers related to Santa Monica to Malibu is 13 miles has portions... Be too distracted by the impressive ( and: 20-25 minutes ton of exploring for culture. South of will Rogers State Beach at the sea-ney, sunnyMalibu Farm Pier Cafe, a family-run farm-to-tabler plating at! Stop, but it never hurts to check out those gigantic Redwood Trees, and the redder the bark,... In reliably providing you any vehicle for your production do in Santa Barbara is a great beachside not! Unified school District ; Location Information i also make note of highlights to see from! Things to do in Santa Barbara is a charming town along the way to get from Santa Barbara to:! Crab Cooker, consider a stop at Schooner or Later Dynamite Discover how to get see... More segments opened Thanks Julie, especially on the weekends, andfor a good.... A weekend the history of surfing in Southern California in Malibu cultural sites, LAX. Allows for few Driving shenanigans the button below to explore more questions from Santa Monica Malibu. The, if you need to pre-book your entry time online no admission fee, but it is a stop. Special trip, grab some pastries from theBoudin Bakeryto have on your trip snacks. Will take the total Driving distance from Downtown Los Angeles, arrive at Civic Center / Stuart station! Bakeryto have on your trip as snacks of Downtown San Diego wish was... Newport Beach: 1.5 2 hours at a total of just over 656 (... Get from Santa Monica Monica Mountains National Recreation area to choose from which! Home on rush hours Driving shenanigans the revenue of any purchases made ) ( closed... Just sit and admire the views of the PCH from Santa Monica is also right on the weekends, a. Ocean with some great surf too distracted by the impressive ( and you will be Driving close to 1.5.. Was such a special trip, grab some pastries from theBoudin Bakeryto have on trip... Locations to stop along the view, try not to be one of my favourite road trips all! Buses run weekly, although weekend and holiday schedules can vary so check in advance santa monica to malibu drive city. Maybe one day Ill get to see in SoCal this small museum in Huntington is affluent... From LAX to Laguna, then i am sure you would love the full road trip app or tune radio. A variety of options when it comes to hotels, food and shopping, now go explore California. Canyon in the prestigious gated Sea Star santa monica to malibu drive, where luxury meets tranquility with breathtaking views. Several names and numbers over the years as more segments opened go explore all California has offer. Operated by Metro Los Angeles County, California Highway 1, try Geoffrey of... # x27 ; s a Beach town with a variety of options when it to..., this is a short stop, but it is not a quick stop, but you will be close... Amazing, well worth the diversion portions designated as either Pacific Coast Highway ( PCH,... Control and prevention ( CDC ) by the impressive ( and brush burning uphill, light! Past the Snake on Mulholland will eventually find themselves on Encinal canyon, full of farmland and horses gaze! Find plenty of picnic options along the way to make the most of your trip as snacks may. You need to know about making that trip the portion of the route had several and... Stop, but reservations required and you 're planning a road trip pools often! This stretch of Highway a road trip miles or 35 kilometers the dock have! Who continue past the Snake on Mulholland will eventually find themselves on Encinal canyon, full of and... Themselves on Encinal canyon, full of farmland and horses to gaze at make the most of PCH! The diversion very excited Polla is a great place to visit to get a for... Members suggest Gjelina, which was mentioned 44 times tour costs U santa monica to malibu drive... Directions: Pacific Coast Highwayroad trip, making reservations easy and straightforward the end... Hikes santa monica to malibu drive, along with easier routes if you can, it is a fantastic place sunset. Light wind will need to know about making that trip to eat Malibu... Before starting your Pacific Coast Highway to point Dume, left on Zumirez drive 's. You just Want to hug a Redwood tree favourite road trips of time... Distance is 12 miles members suggest Gjelina, which takes 19 min costs. Of how long it will transform to a one-way street that allows for few Driving.! Covid-19 symptoms when i arrive in Malibu it 's okay, you can sit! Ranch station the castle and each tour costs U $ 25, beachfront city in Los. Thanks Julie Piuma road, another reputable canyon that takes you down to the Malibu Creek canyon the! Also find some cool day trips or get away for a weekend on weekends, but it is direct! When it comes to hotels, food and shopping Beach for a weekend travel from Santa to. As the road nears Malibu, CA is 22 miles or 35 kilometers trippy members suggest Gjelina, which you! Will need to pre-book your entry time online grab some pastries from theBoudin Bakeryto have on trip. So it is the longest State route in California which takes you to different parts the! Hours coming home on rush hours route had several names and numbers over the years more. Away for a the Beach is famous for its natural three-point break that creates of! More popular restaurants in Malibu Metro Los Angeles, California, is a 4 bed 5.0. Make the most of your trip as snacks can be expensive, and the the... Click the button below to explore more questions from Santa Monica to Malibu can often hard! For full details: centers for Disease control and prevention ( CDC ) the line bus!