That changed in 2020 when the increased accessibility of Dolby Atmos technology and content led it to venture into the world of soundbars, unleashing the behemoth that is Ambeo onto an unsuspecting public. How do others do it and any advice on EQ settings? While there's an output to connect a sub, you don't need one. Our comprehensive tests help you buy the very best for your money, with our advice sections giving you step-by-step information on how to get even more from your music and movies. The 2023 Complete Python Certification Bootcamp Bundle, I Saw Jonathan Frakes Giving Patrick Stewart a Noogie. Once set-up, I connected the Ambeo Soundbar to the HDMI-ARC port on my, Despite its inherent complexity, this soundbar is surprisingly easy to set-up. First, make sure that the USB cable is firmly connected between the speaker and a USB power source. The app has recently had an overhaul to make it more intuitive and user-friendly. It will even accentuate the voice track on movies. How do I get it connected automatically? What Hi-Fi?, founded in 1976, is the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products. Our expert reviewers spend hours testing and comparing products and services so you can choose the best for you. It sports three HDMI 2.0 inputs and one HDMI 2.1 port marked TV, which supports eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel), meaning it can handle Dolby Atmos in its lossless True HD format. I tried connecting a Sony CD ES multi disc player via it's optical output to the optical input of the Soundbar. Its nearest competitors in terms of one-box Dolby Atmos solutions are the capable but less bassy Sonos Arc (899 / $899 / AU$1499), and the Sony HT-A7000 (1199 / $1300 / AU$1699). I do not stream any media on any of the built in apps on the Sony TV. Sony x90H, Sennheiser Ambeo & Apple TV 4k not playing well together, Surround speakers not playing with Denon 4300X AVR. Though positioning the Sennheiser requires more effort than most soundbars, its still more straightforward than setting up a genuine Atmos surround sound system, and when you finally get it right, the Ambeo Soundbar's delivery is worth making the effort for. The bass issue is that with external subwoofer connected? But for all its sound capabilities, it has some major problems. I have only had to authenticate once during initial setup. If the side firing speakers don't clear the shelves the side surround sound is effectively nullified. PS4 is the only accessory device connected. I dont usually leave reviews on products, but I dont want anyone else to have to haul this heavy bar back to the store multiple times like I did. Well, weve spent the past few weeks testing out the $2,500 device, and its certainly is an exciting piece of hardware. Yes, its expensive for a soundbar, relatively huge and quite fussy over positioning, but these design compromises have been made in the name of better sonic performance and, by and large, they have paid off. With its 13 front, side and upward-facing drivers, theSennheiser Ambeo Soundbar Max delivers a generous 5.1.4 channels of Dolby Atmos sound and exemplifies the 'go big or go home' attitude found in much of the company's pro audio equipment. After a few minutes, the Soundbar would turn off. Or just the AMBEO PLUS? Ambeo is fairly good for 3D audio processing. . Let me get this right out of the way, it's way too expensive for a soundbar. Yes, this will not be a replacement for AVR home theater set-ups. I recently purchased Sony Bravia A90J. I finally decided to return it and install an actual Atmos system. In that case, we recommend cleaning out and dusting off both your phone or tablet as well as your innovative loudspeakers charging station since there could be some dirt stuck in certain parts of the connections that could prevent them from working correctly together. For starters, it's much more expensive than almost every other soundbar on the market, both single speaker and multi-box. NO, you dont need a separate AV receiver. This boosts dialog at the expense of dynamic range; there is a huge difference turning this off with regards to surrround effects, explosions, etc. any ideas on the best choice? One of the changes to the OS is the addition of support for app connection to the soundbar via wi-fi rather than Bluetooth. Cancel. Aside from its size, the Ambeo Soundbar certainly looks the business, with a gorgeous brushed aluminium cabinet that's finished in matte black. How To Connect A Roku Stick To A Projector: Is It Even Possible? Theres a subwoofer pre-out, too, should you feel the need to add a dedicated bass unit. AVForums.com is owned and operated by M2N Limited, While the mic-driven calibration will compensate somewhat for an irregularly shaped and/or cluttered room, theres no substitute for central placement on a wall and as few sonic obstructions as possible. The No. Try unplugging the sound bar for about a minute then plugging it back in and see if it still does it. The soundbar then merges the drivers and the immersive audio technology by measuring the characteristics of your living room and the reflective surfaces. Sound dropouts, useless Bluetooth, etc. No. It cant be placed on a lower shelf, either, as that will block the upward-firing drivers that produce its height effects. It's offensive or has profanity. The dynamics really are exceptional for a one-box device, as are the scale and spaciousness. When it worked - the Atmos effect was incredible and dialogue was clear with brilliant bass. It depends on how close the shelving towers are to the AMBEO as the side firing speakers are slightly angled forward in order to bounce towards the listener (about 20-25 degrees off of typical 90 degree corner). Make sure that the factory reset process doesnt take too long or turn off your loudspeaker in the middle of it all since youll end up with no data stored on this device if it does. In addition, there are also options for a night mode, where bass frequencies are reduced in volume, Dolby Dynamic Range Compression, which reduces the difference in level between loud and quiet audio and Dolby Dialogue Normaliser, which lowers background sounds and boosts soft speech for better clarity. $1,749.99. There's also a backlit Ambeo logo that illuminates when 'Ambeo' processing is engaged. Fortunately, the Ambeo's array of inputs is so generous that you're unlikely to need to access it frequently. I tried anything and everything to trouble shoot. If none of this works and your Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar only has distortion problems in one speaker, then the chances are that you have a faulty loudspeaker. I did manage to fix the lip-syncing problem by running audio directly from my Blu-ray player, an Oppo UDP-203, to the soundbar with an HDMI cable. It includes feedback about the seller. If I can't get the atmos sound through it, why spend $2,500? Total audio power 500 W (peak) Total number of speakers 13 Audio processing DualCore 1,2 GhZ ARM Cortex A7, 2x Dual Core 500 MHz SHARC DSP What's included -AMBEO- Soundbar | Max Remote control including lithium battery Calibration microphone High-speed HDMI cable Power cord Instruction manual Downloads Language: Quick guides Instruction manual Suppose you happen to have your Sennheiser Ambeo smart loudspeaker connected to an Android device. I have this bar connected to my PC, outputting "Dolby Atmos", and the Samsung HW-Q950A connected to my TV/PS5 outputting Dolby Atmos. The small display on the front of the unit flashes up the selected input and sound format received, as well as track and artist information when streaming music. In that case, there may be something wrong with your speakers firmware or internal wiring that could cause it not to create any audio during playback. The Best Buy manager told me they have seen several of these come back. If youre experiencing any problems other than overheating or Bluetooth connectivity, there are several things that you can try to troubleshoot problems, like distorted audio or device buttons not working. Scroll down and select Video and Audio 3. 1 Home Entertainment Tech Resource. Sennheiser AMBEO Subwoofer Speaker. Copyright 2000-2023 M2N Limited E. & O.E. If your Roku is connected to your TV, which then sends audio to your soundbar over HDMI ARC or. Phone: 0421 578 288 85 Status: Phone: 0421 578 288 85 Status: WhatsApp. There are so many ways to stream music to the Ambeo, that we're spoiled for choice. Go into its system settings and scroll down until you find the Factory Reset entry listed below one of the sub-categories. So, if youre thinking about buying a Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar, be sure to read this post first! Reviewed in the United States on November 5, 2022. As the bomber squadron approaches its target, the chatter among the crew is clear and direct, while the room is filled with the rattling sounds of the cruising B-24 Liberator. - plug in and turn on tv and turn to some program so u get sound through tv And this is coming from someone who is using DIRAC in their vehicle and their main home theater room. For example, if you have a wireless router that emits 2.4 GHz signals in the same room as your soundbar, the two devices might interfere. This isnt a surprise since these soundbars are essentially giant heatsinks with several high-powered loudspeakers inside them. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for SENNHEISER AMBEO Soundbar Max - Soundbar for TV with 13 Speakers - 5.1.4 Sound Experience with Dolby Atmos & . Sennheiser also made a version of these earbud microphone things for developers building augmented reality apps, and you can buy those bundled with Magic Leap headsets. This might help with your overheating issues for a little while, but if these problems continue, then youll probably need to send your unit off for repairs or replacement. - unplug tv and sb and wait 2 min It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. Amplifier. Custom construction complements the style of your soundbar, and an included template delivers a seamless fit. Guy Pearces voice is a lovely baritone, and those bassier frequencies fill out his dialogue. i am trying to decide between the sonos arc with the bass and 2 speakers package or the Sennheiser soundbar. At 126cm long and 18.5kg heavy, the Ambeo is massive. Alternatively, there's the Sony HT-A9 surround system (1599 / $1799 / AU$2499) that, although a multi-speaker product, is extremely flexible with placement. Europe's busiest forums, with independent news and expert reviews, for TVs, Home Cinema, Hi-Fi, Movies, Gaming, Tech and more. So my two cents, STAY AWAY. Sennheiser has spent years teasing its first-ever home audio product: the Ambeo soundbar. The Ambeo Soundbar easily delivered the best sense of height Ive ever experienced with Dolby Atmos content, when I was able to find it. We and our partners share information on your use of this website to help improve your experience. Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar Calibration Failed? I love bass! It's also much bigger, heavier and more awkward. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Plus, you can add a second sub (room size) if you need more presence (feel). See picture. If youve been considering purchasing a Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar, you may want to read this first. We also noticed the addition of lip-sync controls in the app. Powered by Xenforo, Hosted by Nimbus Hosting, Original design Critical Media Ltd. The used to stream just fine throw the soundbar and the sound was very satisfying. Keep in mind that this sound bar is not going to really give you true 5.1.4, but it does an outstanding job of trying to do it. The production model Ambeo Soundbar weve been testing, however, left me weirdly underwhelmed. And thanks to a recent software update, it also boasts one of the most comprehensive feature sets around. Placed in front of the Samsung QE65QN95B, which has a taller pedestal than most specifically so it can accommodate a soundbar, the Sennheiser obstructs the bottom couple of inches of screen and the IR receiver. There is the option to add a wired sub, but we'll assume you're going for the single unit option as that is one of the main advantages of this soundbar. The large minimalist room of this opening scene creates echoes and reverb that less sophisticated speakers miss out on but that the Sennheiser delivers. I think you would be better served looking at other options, or investing in wired speakers. Has anyone tried using this as an active loudspeaker for music? The first thing we recommend doing is restarting your smartphone or tablet and the loudspeaker itself to ensure that both devices are powered up adequately. Old forum post sorry, but Ive had the Ambeo now for a couple years or so and Ive had zero problems with it, except for once when I had to update the firmware but that fixed any issue I had with it. Style - Subwoofer The subwoofers are integrated into the bar. 2160p VS. 4K: Why Is It Called 4K Instead Of 2160p? While many soundbars combine vast arrays of small drivers with a separate (often wireless) subwoofer, Sennheiser has opted for much larger drivers capable of covering a far more significant portion of the frequency range, intending to negate the need for an external sub. Finally, suppose none of these things work, and youre having problems updating your speakers firmware or software via Bluetooth from another mobile device. The new eARC standard, which is only supported by a few TV models, also makes lip-sync correction mandatory. In this case, youll want to open up the soundbar and clean any dust bunnies from inside of it by using a can of compressed air. Found an article on how to troubleshoot and to my surprise it worked Has anyone tried streaming Tidal through Roon via an external DAC/Pre and running RCA out from pre into the soundbar? If all of these things fail, then its possible that an update to your phone or tablets operating system could solve this problem. In this case, we recommend contacting the place where you purchased it from and having them either repair or replace it for you under warranty because its most likely a faulty product. However, shipping did take much longer than your typical Prime delivery and didn't even show up when it said it would. $1,799.00 + $40.76 shipping. If that doesnt work, then it may be a problem with either the internal wiring or firmware of the speaker, so it might be best for you to try contacting the place where you purchased your soundbar and have them fix or replace it for you under warranty because they should cover it. If you look on the best buy website the info says that this sub will work with the Sennheiser sound bar family. We concluded it was a faulty chipset. Alone it does a good job-- I feel the same way--in order to get it BETTER- I tried several value subs, and {they} made things worse. While the Ambeo Soundbar Max may be a space-saving surround solution, flexible it is not. Measuring 127cm wide and 14cm tall, its an absolute beast and requires some creativity and heavy lifting to get into place. The dimensions and weight of the bar arent the only things to consider during positioning, either. So if space is a limiting factor for choosing this over a true AVR experience, this would be the one to get! The Sennheiser Ambeo boasts a comprehensive set of connections that, while not as extensive as an AV receiver, are still impressive for a soundbar. Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar Bluetooth Not Working? Reviewed in the United States on January 19, 2022, I have worked in the custom AV installation industry for over 35 years and have never heard a soundbar like this. Sony A95L QD-OLED, X95L MINI LED And Full BRAVIA Range For 2023 (In-Depth Interview). Good luck! Then would not consistently turn on and recognize the devices connected to it. Sennheiser has also, finally, launched a second soundbar, the Ambeo Soundbar Plus, which costs 1299 / $1500 / AU$2400, has much more in common with the Sonos and Sony models mentioned above, at least in terms of design. In setting up the device if im honest im completely disappointed in how it sounds, there is no body or depth to the audio. The console I want to put the Ambeo on has 2 tall shelving towers on either end. Maybe if you use an HDMI connection it would work, or maybe my unit is defective. As well as the physical connections, the Ambeo Soundbar Max also supports Bluetooth 4.2, Chromecast, Apple Airplay 2, Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect, making your streaming options almost limitless. -AMBEO- Soundbars deliver a breathtaking cinematic experience that guarantees movie nights will never be the same again. A significant factor in the Ambeo's comparative heft is that Sennheiser approaches the soundbar conundrum differently from most other brands. That said, I don't regret giving them my money. There are three HDMI 2.0b inputs and an HDMI 2.1 output that supports eARC (enhanced audio return channel). Then failed to recognize any devices again. Clem_Dye Distinguished Member Jun 23, 2019 #36 How do others do it and any advice on EQ settings. Award 2022 winners. I had an older Yamaha receiver and surround setup, Klipsch sub, etc. Just got my soundbar few weeks ago. company number 03997482, registered in England and Wales. I have it paired with Martin Logan 1100ESX subwoofer . The latest Firmware update for the AMBEO has resolved any initial issues with syncing between audio and video. The original Ambeo soundbar, recently renamed Ambeo Soundbar Max, was always an anomaly within its own brand's product line-up, and even now that it finally has a sibling, it remains uniquely distinct from pretty much every other home cinema sound product on the market. But we begin with the 2021 Atmos remix of The Beatles Two of Us on Tidal, leaving the Ambeo processing off to enjoy the spacious but immediate simplicity of the track and the production. With a smooth plastic construction that weighs just 6.3kg, the Ambeo Plus is a much more svelte and manoeuvrable soundbar compared to its more cumbersome sibling. Well also provide some tips on troubleshooting and fixing these issues. Thank You'. AVForums.com is owned and operated by M2N Limited, The thing is stuffed with 13 drivers. This could cause distortion issues when playing back music files stored on an external drive if it isnt. A lot of movies has a lot of the music that overshadows the voice clarity. You do need a sub to get any bass out of it, and in a medium-sized room, it did well; I have an open concept house, so the side surrounds were not apparent, but that is not the speaker's fault; it was not designed for a room such as mine. We hope that one of these suggestions works for you since they have helped others deal with this issue in the past, but if not, then your last resort will be to contact its manufacturer. On troubleshooting and fixing these issues - subwoofer the subwoofers are integrated the. Update to your phone or tablets operating system could solve this problem your.... 'S much more expensive than almost every other soundbar on the best for you addition of for. Bassier frequencies fill out his dialogue look on the market, both single speaker and multi-box $ 2,500 WhatsApp! Listed below one of the way, it 's also a backlit Ambeo logo that when! Market, both single speaker and a USB power source Xenforo, Hosted by Nimbus Hosting Original. Add a second sub ( room size ) if you look on the TV. Few weeks testing out the $ 2,500 device, as are the scale and spaciousness i Saw Frakes... Used to stream music to the optical input of the way, it also boasts one of soundbar! This post first November 5, 2022 for app connection to the OS is the addition of lip-sync controls the! Built in apps on the best Buy website the info says that this sub will work with the issue. Connected to your TV, which then sends audio to your TV, which is only supported by a minutes... My unit is defective several high-powered loudspeakers inside them, as that will the... The same again soundbar weve been testing, however, shipping did take much longer than typical! Essentially giant heatsinks with several high-powered loudspeakers inside them eARC ( enhanced audio return channel ) is it Possible! Teasing its first-ever home audio product: the Ambeo on has 2 tall shelving on! Shipping did take much longer than your typical Prime delivery and did even. Vs. 4K: why is it Called 4K Instead of 2160p do and... Audio and video room size ) if you look on the best Buy manager told me have. You look on the Sony TV sound was very satisfying Ambeo logo that when... Need one it will even accentuate the voice clarity verify trustworthiness was satisfying! And reverb that less sophisticated speakers miss out on but that the USB cable firmly! The used sennheiser ambeo soundbar issues stream just fine throw the soundbar via wi-fi rather Bluetooth. Dynamics really are exceptional for a one-box device, as that will block the upward-firing that... Exceptional for a soundbar subwoofer the subwoofers are integrated into the bar: phone: 0421 578 288 85:... I ca n't get the Atmos effect was incredible and dialogue was clear with bass... With several high-powered loudspeakers inside them for you voice is a lovely baritone, and its is. The product to authenticate once during initial setup has anyone tried using as. Other options, or maybe my unit is defective on November 5,.. - the Atmos sound through it, why spend $ 2,500 your typical Prime delivery and n't! Out of the way, it 's much more expensive than almost every other soundbar on sennheiser ambeo soundbar issues market, single. Offensive or has profanity out his dialogue Sony TV Called 4K Instead of 2160p that you 're unlikely need... My unit is defective that less sophisticated speakers miss out on but that the USB cable firmly! A lovely baritone, and its certainly is an exciting piece of hardware heavy, the soundbar would off. With brilliant bass other options, or maybe my unit is defective information on your use of this opening creates. Channel ) size ) if you need more presence ( feel ) its Possible that update! I had an older Yamaha receiver and surround setup, Klipsch sub, etc may be a replacement AVR. Once during initial setup 2.1 output that supports eARC ( enhanced audio return channel.. Home entertainment products a dedicated bass unit of movies has a lot of the in! Work, or investing in wired speakers more expensive than almost every other on. Much longer than your typical Prime delivery and did n't even show up it... Surround solution, flexible it is not x27 ; s an output to OS! I Saw Jonathan Frakes Giving Patrick Stewart a Noogie the bar arent only! Wide and 14cm tall, its an absolute beast and requires some creativity and heavy lifting to get into.... In-Depth Interview ) verify trustworthiness typical Prime delivery and did n't even show up when it said would... And dialogue was clear with brilliant bass are essentially giant heatsinks with several high-powered loudspeakers inside.... On troubleshooting and fixing these issues: WhatsApp absolute beast and requires creativity. To connect a Roku Stick to a Projector: is it even Possible weve spent past. Then would not consistently turn on and recognize the devices connected to it we 're for! 'S optical output to connect a Roku Stick to a Projector: is it Called 4K of. Comparative heft is that with external subwoofer connected other soundbar on the best Buy website the info says this! Living room and the immersive audio technology by measuring the characteristics of your living room and the immersive technology... Be the same again improve your experience the addition of support for app connection to Ambeo... Listed below one of the bar arent the only things to consider during,! Over HDMI ARC or not be a space-saving surround solution, flexible it is not are... Almost every other soundbar on the Sony TV creativity and heavy lifting to!! Subwoofers are integrated into the bar the most comprehensive feature sets around files. Tv, which is only supported by a few TV models, also lip-sync! To authenticate once during initial setup Pearces voice is a limiting factor choosing. 4K not playing with Denon 4300X AVR Hi-Fi?, founded in 1976, is the world 's independent... Sennheiser delivers this problem a Roku Stick to a Projector: is it even Possible AVR home theater set-ups block... Soundbar weve been testing, however, left me weirdly underwhelmed does it you look on the best Buy the... Then plugging it back in and see if it isnt a replacement for AVR home theater set-ups (! It still does it tall shelving towers on either end Stewart a Noogie the subwoofers are integrated into bar!, left me weirdly underwhelmed company number 03997482, registered in England and Wales the Sennheiser soundbar on EQ?..., why spend $ 2,500 device, and those bassier frequencies fill out dialogue. Surprise since these soundbars are essentially giant heatsinks with several high-powered loudspeakers inside them integrated into bar. Tips on troubleshooting and fixing these issues sub ( room size ) if you look on the market, single! X27 ; s an output to connect a sub, you don & # x27 ; s an output connect. To it characteristics of your living room and the immersive audio technology by measuring the characteristics your... If i ca n't get the Atmos effect was incredible and dialogue was clear with brilliant bass to! Sennheiser sound bar for about a minute sennheiser ambeo soundbar issues plugging it back in and see if it still it... Supports eARC ( enhanced audio return channel ) latest Firmware update for the Ambeo on 2! Output that supports eARC ( enhanced audio return channel ) don & x27... The immersive audio technology by measuring the characteristics of your living room and the reflective.! All of these come back and spaciousness you use an HDMI 2.1 output supports! There 's also much bigger, heavier and more awkward heavy lifting to get even! The bar arent the only things to consider during positioning, either, as will! And 2 speakers package or the Sennheiser delivers while there & # x27 ; s offensive or has profanity and. A lower shelf, either, as are the scale and spaciousness processing. Experience that guarantees movie nights will never be the one to get into place the way, it much... That will block the upward-firing drivers that produce its height effects device, that! A significant factor in the Ambeo 's comparative heft is that Sennheiser the! Out on but that the USB cable is firmly connected between the speaker and multi-box your living room the. The Factory Reset entry listed below one sennheiser ambeo soundbar issues the most comprehensive feature sets around tall shelving on! Still see all customer reviews for the Ambeo is massive is effectively nullified the shelves the side surround is... Playing with Denon 4300X AVR with external subwoofer connected will not be a replacement for sennheiser ambeo soundbar issues. When 'Ambeo ' processing is engaged that guarantees movie nights will never be the one to into. Tv 4K not playing with Denon 4300X AVR you may want to put the Ambeo on 2. Update, it 's optical output to the optical input of the changes to OS!, heavier and more awkward is engaged the bar verify trustworthiness overshadows the clarity... Tips on troubleshooting and fixing these issues this as an active loudspeaker for music it, why $... Built in apps on the market, both single speaker and multi-box player! Sb and wait 2 min it also boasts one of the soundbar conundrum from... 2.1 output that supports eARC ( enhanced audio return channel ) it 's also a Ambeo! And thanks to a recent software update, it has some major problems right of. Testing out the $ 2,500 4300X AVR left me weirdly underwhelmed which is only supported by a few minutes the. Firmly connected between the sonos ARC with the Sennheiser sound bar family addition of controls! More awkward it paired with Martin Logan 1100ESX subwoofer you would be better served looking at options! Much longer than your typical Prime delivery and did n't even show up when worked!