Begin by boiling two cups of water in a pot. Pour over ice and refrigerate until cold. Im not crazy about overly sweet tea either and since each batch is a little different I usually add about half and let it sit a bit and then see how I like the flavor. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Sweet tea meets mojito cocktail in this recipe mashup. Mix the sugar mixture into the iced tea. The Most Refreshing Strawberry Lemonade With Blueberries! Tea was often served with alcohol before the law went into effect, and after the ban the beautiful crystal glasses formerly used for cocktails were filled with sweet tea. I literally just found your website today and Ive already tried 2 recipes ( pinto beans and sweet tea ). Add the tea bags. They've been kind enough to share their recipes with us over the years, and we've learned a few things. Instructions. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; I like to tie the strings together as it makes it easier to get them out later on. Place the tea bags in the water and steep for 15 minutes. Add the tea bag to the sauce pan. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Great! Here are some great Dr. Pepper combinations you can order at Sonic. What in the world would we do without brave people who just KNOW how to get things done? Stay cool during the summer with refreshing Strawberry Tea! If its strawberry season, please use fresh strawberries. Serve over ice and with a lemon wedge, if desired. For more information about your data privacy, visit our Chill in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes, then enjoy over ice. Photo: Photographer Victor Protasio, Food Stylist Margaret Dickey, Prop Stylist Christine Keely, cups filtered or spring water, at room temperature, divided, 53 Spirited Cocktail Recipes To Start The Party, 20 Sweet Tea Recipes That Celebrate the Old-School Sipper, Sun Tea Is a Summer Staple in the SouthAnd It Only Requires Two Ingredients to Make, The Best Types of Teas To Drink If You're Trying to Cut Down on Coffee, 45+ Fresh Strawberry Recipes That Are Pretty In Pink, The Best Iced Tea Makers for Hot Summer Days, Why You Should Make Sweet Tea in Your Instant Pot, The 24 Ingredients You'll Always Find In A Southern Pantry. If so, then you just have to try our Orange Blossom Honey Bubble Tea! The Spruce. This is a very simple recipe for Peach Sweet Tea using the syrup & juice from REAL Peaches. You can also use reusable infusion water bottles so you can keep adding more water throughout the day while keeping the fruit benefits going! POWERADE Mountain Berry Blast 45 Cal. Looking for a few engaging activities? Here is a primary rule about squeezing the tea bags. Add the remaining water stirring as you go. Add 2 cups of sugar, and stir until dissolved. Add a lemon wedge to your drink for fun! The tea bags used should also be fresh and fragrant. There is nothing better on a hot summer day than a big ol glass of iced tea except maybe Peach Iced Tea! Microwave ovens do not heat up water as evenly, which affects the tea's flavor. The black tea you choose should be a variety that is grown or blended for iced drinks, usually labeled orange pekoe. The lid closes tightly. After 10 minutes, add 6 more cups of cool water. Stretching Your Pennies, Saving Your Dollars, December 16, 2021 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living Filed Under: Facebook, Frugal Living, Instagram, Pinterest, Recipe, Social Media. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Turn off the heat and add the tea bags. After steeping, remove the tea bags and discard . To make this sweet tea, begin by boiling two cups of water. If you are in a hurry and want to cool off the tea . Turn off heat cover and let sit for 30 minutes. The Easiest Shredded Chicken Crockpot Hack! Being a native Southerner, Ive drank some sweet tea that makes my teeth tingle, and its not my favorite. Our home was too warmto do any baking or cooking, so I started thinking of foods and drinksthat were cool and delicious and realized that iced tea is a pretty fabulous summer drink. Youll be able to make sweet tea without depending on the dark tea line on the saucepan. Also, feel free to sign up for the newsletter, I send out recipes and a HOT cooking tip of the week on Fridays. I absolutely love them. Then reduce heat to medium. Add 1-3 teaspoons honey or sugar to draw out sweetness in fruit. Pour into a pitcher filled with ice. Again, do not overdo the baking soda. You can also sweeten the tea with honey or any zero-calorie sweetener in the market. Stephanie is the author of CopyKat.com's Dining Out in the Home, and CopyKat.com's Dining Out in the Home 2. Change any of those variables and while you might have a nice drink, it's just not classic Southern sweet tea. Steep tea and strawberries in 1-2 quarts of hot water for 5-10 minutes. If you havent had McAlisters tea, you dont know what youre missing. Congratulations! Its a part of life you cant really avoid. In Pauls letter to his son, Timothy, he explains this pretty well. You can make a gallon of Chick-fil-A sweet tea with this easy copycat recipe. Add the sugar to the sweet tea. Reduce the temperature to a simmer and let the tea steep for 5 minutes. Thanks for coming back and leaving a comment. Add baking soda and stir again. Once you add the sugar you cant take it back so add it slowly if you prefer a less sweet recipe! Sweetened tea is usually just sweetened after it has been brewed and taken off the heat. If you want to muddle the fruit a bit you might want to have a muddler or wooden spoon to use. Turn off the heat, add the tea bags, and steep for 3 minutes. Stir. 13. 3. Just what i needed, all the information in one swoop , Wonderful! Chill the pitcher in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Directions Step 1 Steep loose tea (or tea bags) in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes. Ingredients For the Strawberry Simple Syrup 4 cups fresh or frozen strawberries 1 cups water 1 cups pure cane or coconut sugar or sweetener of choice For the Tea: 3 Luzianne family size tea bags 3 cups water Strawberry Simple Syrup Instructions For the Strawberry Simple Syrup: It goes down faster than ever, especially when its warm outside. Simple Southern Peach Iced Tea Recipe on Frugal Coupon Living. amzn_assoc_title = ""; I recreate your favorite restaurant recipes, so you can prepare these dishes at home. It is thought that baking soda will help with the tannins in the tea and also make it less bitter. There's nothing like a hot or cold tea drink-- iced tea, sweet tea, chai, bubble tea -- find a recipe to love in this collection of 140+ tea drink recipes. Iced Tea; Hot Tea; Tea Party Recipes; Pin Share Tweet Email Save. You can add some lemons, fresh fruit, or just enjoy it plain. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat and add tea bags. The first known recipe for iced tea (made with green tea) can be traced back to Housekeeping in Old Virginia, an 1878 cookbook by Marion Cabell Tyree, but this recipe doesn't match what we know as sweet tea today. You can also customize this to your tastebuds. It can also be spiked, for a grown-up refreshment. Singing of strawberries and summertime, this fruit tea is perfect to sip on a warm day. Love refreshing tea variations? Your blog is lovely! Grab Themed Minute to Win it Games Traditional, New Year, Valentines Day, Easter & more! You want the tea to be dark but not bitter. For those that prefer other flavors, Sonic will add whatever flavor they have to pretty much every drink on the menu for a modest charge (~10 or 20 cents). Steep the tea for 15 minutes and then remove the tea bags. Strain tea into a gallon jar or pitcher. I'm not a tea drinker but my husband quite often orders sweet tea when we dine out. If you prefer a more weak tea flavor you might add more water and then you would be at almost a gallon for each batch. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great week. Then reduce heat to medium. You can find a store near you that sells SONIC's new hard drinks via . If you love rolling through Sonic and getting a refreshing Peach Iced Tea then you will love knowing you can make it home. Perhaps a bit of fresh mint added as a garnish would be a better option. Your email address will not be published. When I saw this recipe I thought I would try making it for him. However you make your tea, dont forget the mason jars and slices of lemon or a sprig of fresh mint. Also, the secret ingredient is adding a pinch of baking soda while youre brewing the black tea bags. Boil water and brew tea letting steep 5 minutes. Required fields are marked *, COPYRIGHT 2023 COPYKAT RECIPES PRIVACY POLICY. Add a quart of water. Let steep for 20 minutes. Place tea bags and baking soda in a large glass jar or pitcher. My wife makes this tea without some of these ingredients. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Facebook. I hope you have the time to link up with us at https://theeverydayfarmhouse.com/embracing-home-and-family-link-party-7/ We welcome any posts related to homemaking, homesteading or homeschooling! Always put Chick Fil A sweet iced tea in the fridge to keep it fresh for longer. Theres almost always some of this tea in our fridge so while its great for the warmer months its also a year round staple kind of drink for those of you who like tea. Pour the tea concentrate into a gallon size tea pitcher and add the remaining 2 quarts of cool water. Thank you so much! Stir well and add to a pitcher. HERES A LIST OF WHAT WE WILL COVER TODAY IN THE SECRET TO PERFECT SOUTHERN SWEET TEA, Frequently Asked Questions FOR THE SECRET TO PERFECT SOUTHERN SWEET TEA. To serve, place a couple slices of frozen peaches and a few ice cubes into a glass, pour in sweet peach . But, did you know you can make it at home? Add the 1 Cup of sugar and stir until sugar dissolves. Instructions. Tap to add ingredients. Remove water from heat, add tea bag, and steep for 5 minutes. ***This post originally appeared on the pages of Loaves and Dishes May 28, 2019 and has been updated with video, new information, new nutrition info, new photos and how to photos.***. Once your water comes to a boil, pour it into the pitcher containing with the sweetener. It makes my tea PERFECT every time!!! I am so glad you liked the recipe. Does simmering give it a stronger taste? Shut off heat, and add tea bags. Recommended Sonic Recipes Shake Peanut Butter Milkshake Recipe (Sonic Drive-In Copycat) Shake Cream Sonic Recipe (Sonic Drive-In Copycat) Juice 5 mins Cherry Limeade Recipe (Sonic Copycat) Onion 30 mins Original Sonic Onion Ring Recipe Sandwich 23 mins Sonic's Honey Mustard And Swiss Chicken Sandwich (Copycat) Recipe Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your new Red Plate! Once it's boiling, reduce the heat, simmer for a few minutes, kill the heat and let cool with the lemon peels in there. I love to hear from readers. At an ABV of . What Makes Chick Fil A Sweet Tea So Good? Using fresh peaches, sugar, tea, and water you can whip up this delicious and refreshing tea right at home and have it anytime you want! Would You Love to Cook the PERFECT Southern Dinner? Hope to see you there! Add tea bags and water to the sauce pan. Looking for mocktail inspiration? Strain syrup through a fine strainer to remove fruit pieces. Remove the tea bags and gently squeeze to remove any remaining tea. Allow to come to room temperature. 6 cups Water Instructions Bring syrup ingredients to boil. SONIC Hard Southern Tea will be sold as a 12-pack in 12 oz cans or as a single 24 oz can. For those of you looking for a sweet tea recipe that is more like a southern tea recipe you should give this one a try. of water to a boil. A Sonic sweet tea that has a sugar syrup base, or a sugar free option that is sweetened with Splenda. Serve over ice and with a lemon wedge, if desired. Your email address will not be published. Cover pitcher and refrigerate for one hour. Boil water and brew tea letting steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and refrigerate. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you're serving fruit tea to a crowd. Add the sugar in your gallon pitcher and then pour over with hot tea. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); In my kitchen, we're all about approachable recipes that are great for sharing. Let the teabags steep for 10 minutes. When you store sweet tea in the fridge, it can last up to five days in a pitcher with a lid. Follow allRecipeson Frugal Coupon Living as well as FCLAsh on Pinterest. In a gallon pitcher add steeped tea. Copycat Great American Cookies Chocolate Chip Cookies, Copycat Great American Cookies Sugar Cookies. Remove the tea bags and the strawberries from the tea, and transfer to a pitcher. Crush peach slices as you stir to dissolve sugar. Inspired by its signature iced tea, SONIC Hard Southern Sweet Tea offers a delicate and exhilarating taste of tea with a hint of lemon that will make hard-tea enthusiasts take notice. Add sliced lemons if you prefer.Add iceKeep chilled and serve cold. Remove tea bags and add sugar to hot water. How do you make your tea? Made with high-quality ingredients, Chick Fil A sweet tea is a must-have every time you visit, but even if you cant make it to the restaurant, you can now enjoy the same authentic sweet tea at home with this recipe. Remove from heat. And when we say "a pinch," we mean it. Add in pound of frozen peaches. I would think the mint and the sweet tea flavors might clash but if you try it definitely let us know how it comes out. This is almost my exact recipe except when the tea comes to a boil add 1/4 tsp of Baking soda. I tried it! Fill a saucepan with 6 cups of water and bring to a boil. Huge Elf on the Shelf List of Ideas Over 500 Elf Ideas! Measure in the sugar, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Enjoy! Let the tea steep for 2 minutes with the lid on the pan. What makes tea better? Does Chick Fil A Sweet Tea Have Caffeine? The secret ingredient is baking soda. A little will go a long way, so dont add too much. Pour into a pitcher and add Sprite, coconut extract, and 3-4 drops of food coloring. When you're ready to make your slush, pour chilled Sweet Tea into your blender, then add frozen Sweet Tea Cubes to blender. 3-ingredient peach iced tea that's perfectly sweet and mega peachy. Brewed tea tastes more like a cup of iced hot tea. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Hi Jackie! Although many people consider sweet tea to be the perfect beverage for sipping when eating Southern classics likefried chickenorbaby back ribs, it is more versatile than that. It's undeniable that our Southern families make the best sweet tea, and in the process, they've figured out a way to make the classic drink even better. Refrigerate, uncovered, until chilled, about 30 minutes. Sweet tea is served chilled over ice. I'm so glad you liked it! Cover and let steep for 20 minutes. This Strawberry Sweet Tea recipe was originally shared at My Cooking Spot, where I was a contributor. Many of the steps for how to make sweet tea are universal; they will look the same no matter where you are, like boiling the water and adding the tea bags and sugar to taste. To make this sweet tea, begin by boiling two cups of water. And if you like yours a little sweeter? If you love rolling through Sonic and getting a refreshing Peach Iced Tea then you will love knowing you can make it home. Add remainder of water and chill. Come Back Soon! Put the lid on. Boil water and brew tea letting steep 5 minutes. From unsweetened to overly sweet, there's no limit here. If your favorite brand of tea does not come in family-sized teabags, try substituting four regular tea bags for each family-sized bag. Bring 4 cups of the water to a rolling boil in a saucepan over high; immediately pour over tea bags, making sure bags are submerged. The post was published July 24, 2015. If you answered, "having a Southern mama who shares her recipe," you're right, but that's not the secret we're delving into today. Turn off heat cover and let sit for 30 minutes. Boil water and brew tea letting steep 5 minutes. Transfer tea concentrate to a large pitcher. Obviously in that case dont use the same measurements as the recipe calls for, adjust for the substitute that you are using. If you click through and make a purchase I make a commission. Steeping sage leaves in boiling water will give you a basic sage brew, but adding a bit of sugar and lemon levels up the flavor. 20 Sweet Tea Recipes That Celebrate the Old-School Sipper, 29 Big-Batch Summer Cocktails To Help Cool You Off, 53 Spirited Cocktail Recipes To Start The Party, 24 Alcoholic Punch Recipes To Liven Up Any Party, 60 Classic Southern Recipes To Make All Summer Long, 41 Classic Spring Recipes to Make All Season Long, 65 Mother's Day Brunch Recipes Mom Will Love, 63 Fresh Spring Desserts That Will Delight All Season, 43 Fourth Of July Cake Ideas For A Party Finale Better Than Fireworks, 45 Easy Desserts For A Crowd Fit For Every Occasion, 31 Special Southern Recipes To Make Together With Your Mama This Mother's Day (Even Virtually! Once it's finally cool, remove the lemon and you now have a . The SONIC Hard Slush will have an ABV of 6%. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. While tea is still hot add the 1 C of sugar, stirring well. :-) Immediately turn off heat. Live Healthy & Happy. Remove and discard the teabags. Remove tea bags and discard; stir in sugar until dissolved. Gently stir in cup of white sugar and teaspoon baking soda (be careful not to add more than teaspoon or it will be too much). Hi Jenn, for this recipe use the individual bags. The original recipe called for raspberry red leaf tea. Grape Flavor 45 Cal. Serve over ice and enjoy! Too much time steeping draws more of the tannins out of the tea, which can make it taste bitter. Tie the strings of 8 tea bags together in a knot. The same goes for the ice; use only fresh ice as it melts and becomes part of the drink, too. When the tea is cooled (at least 15 minutes) , add it to your pitcher and then add the cool water. Be sure to also check out our Copycat Starbucks Iced Passion Tea Lemonade! There is NOTHING that is more comforting than a big tall glass of my mamas southern sweet tea. Im sure there are readers in the South who will say that flavoring iced tea is unheard of but yes, you can. Directions. I can't wait to try it! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. *. Add the tea to a large pitcher and stir in the peach syrup. Serve over ice. As one of our editors, Sheri Castle, says, "You can pick out the restaurants that run their brew through the coffee maker instead of a dedicated iced tea machine. Public Relations Does this call for individual or family-size teabags? It's best served cold with lots of ice and lemon, too. SteepingPour boiling water over the tea bags instead of adding them to the hot water. Will definitely be making more recipes. Dunk the tea bags a few times in the water to fully hydrate. If it just starts to give, its ripe and ready to go. The best part is, you can have this delicious treat at home any time you want it - all you need is tea, fresh peaches and sugar. Strain into a pitcher and discard the used lemongrass, hibiscus flowers and basil. Southern-style sweet tea is freshly brewed black tea that's sweetened with sugar while hot, chilled until cold, and served over ice. Mush the mango in the water and add the tea bags. Turn off heat cover and let sit for 30 minutes. Place remaining 1.5 cups Sweet Tea in the refrigerator to chill. Step 3: Bring water to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "frucoumom-20"; Cover and steep for 15 minutes. Yes, you CAN make it at home! Mama would approve. What's the secret to the best sweet tea? Bring 8 cups of water to a rolling boil in a large pot with at least a 6-quart capacity. It depends if you use caffeinated tea bags in this tea. Required fields are marked *. Remove the tea bags. Sonic's new lineup of Frozen Drinks will be joined by the following three new iced tea flavors: Wildberry, Black Cherry and Pomegranate Hibiscus. Directions. Duh. Chill, and then enjoy iced. It turns out sweet tea is a more recent Southern tradition than you might think. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Tastes exactly like McAlisters tea!!! Have a drink on us. First, bring four cups of water to a boil in your saucepan. In fact, Ill put a link below if you want to see the exact ones we use because we love them. I Have two of these (one for sweet and one for unsweet). Do this on the stovetop in a saucepan over high heat. Do you always include baking soda, or will you try it the next time you're mixing up a gallon of the South's favorite beverage? Pin to Pinterest. Site design and development by Olive & Ivy Design. In a one gallon pitcher, add very hot water. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Garnishes, such as citrus slices or mint sprigs, are optional and can be added to the pitcher or glass at serving time. It's like being served a glass with someone else's lipstick still on the rim.". Another thing thats great about this copycat recipe is that you can make it at home using decaffeinated tea bags for caffeine-free tea. Smooth Sweet Tea. Their teas, whether they are black tea or green tea, are brewed fresh daily. The best part is, you can have this delicious treat at home any time you want it! Nothing like good ole southern ice tea. There is just something extra special about their sweet tea. And, if you end up with extra peaches, try making our easy Peach Sorbet recipe too! Sometimes i use 2 1/2 cups of sugar, Your email address will not be published. Add your sugar to a 1-quart, large-mouth Mason jar or similar container. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Wendi Spraker, this websites owner and author, is strictly prohibited. All Rights Reserved. Step 2: Add in your tea bags. Strain syrup through a fine strainer to remove fruit pieces. Stir in SPLENDA Sweetener and cold water. Pour the hot tea over the sugar- stir- then add cold water to make a gallon! Heat 2 Quarts water in saucepan. Being able to make really good tea feels wonderful! If its not, feel free to use the frozen variety. Let sit and steep for about 2 hours. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are as essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Sonic Sweet Green Tea Recipe Naturally sweetened iced green tea jessica gavin iced green tea with mint and honey the chunky chef naturally sweetened iced green tea jessica gavin panera s iced green tea copycat recipe just 3 ings Naturally Sweetened Iced Green Tea Jessica Gavin Iced Green Tea With Mint And Honey The Chunky Chef Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. This copycat McAlisters sweet tea isnt your run of the mill copycat recipe, theres a secret ingredient! Add tea bags; steep for 5-8 minutes. Pour 1.5 cups Sweet Tea into an ice cube tray, and place in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours. Once boiling, remove from the heat and add the tea bags. 7 cups water 2-3 family-size cold brew tea bags Instructions For the Simple Syrup: In a small saucepan set over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Water, tea bags, sugar, lemons, and lots of ice! Learn how to make this LIPTON Iced Tea recipe for Southern Sweet Tea. Privacy Policy. Glad it was enjoyed. Cover and steep for 10 minutes. 2. Add two cups of sugar and stir until the sugar completely dissolves. Alana Al-Hatlani is an Assistant Food Editor at Southern Living. Turn off the burner and add the sugar. During the floods, the Texas Navy and the . And please come share and link up with me now at http://www.wrightsimply.com/2015/03/wordless-wednesday-linky-plus-easter-fun.html To make the best sweet tea Chick Fil A style, youll need: You dont have to use Tetley brand tea for this recipe. Mix vanilla syrup into tea, stir with a large whisk or wooden spoon. Set aside. The best way to serve sweet tea is in a tall glass filled with ice cubes. When boiling, remove from the heat, and steep with tea bags for 30 minutes. For such a simple drink, everything from the type of tea, down to the ice used in this three-ingredient staple matters. Read more , Copyright 2023 Two Pink Peonies on the Foodie Pro Theme, Accessibility Statement - Amazon Affiliates Disclosure - Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy, Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Lemon Basil Chicken Salad. When youre making a big spread for a backyard barbecue or its just a busy weeknight, use a convenient trick to help make sure you get that sweet tea on the table. Check out our favorite sweet tea-inspired recipes for a few twists on the classic. Easy No-Bake Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe. If following our recipe, no more than 15 minutes. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. STEP 2. It's best to store them in an airtight container to prevent the tea losing its aroma. Directions In a medium pot, bring the chopped strawberries, sugar and 4 cups water to a low boil. When you put the tea bags in the water, make sure they sink down, but not so far that you lose the little paper tags. Let them steep until the liquid is strong, dark, and deeply flavored. Remove from the heat and pour the simple syrup into a heat-resistant, airtight jar to cool completely (and store). Tea Make sure to use black tea. I'm glad you're here! Sonic Drive-in Locations Nutritional Info - Peach Flavored Sweet Tea (44fl oz) Calories - 407 (from Fat - 2) Fat - .2g (Saturated Fat - 0g) Its best to store peaches at room temperature. Blue Raspberry Flavor 20 Cal. In a medium-sized pot, heat 1 quart of water and the mango to boiling. Allow to steep until completely cool. Let the sweet tea cool without a lid. This is a brewed tea tasting sweet tea recipe. Sugar Southern-style sweet tea relies on granulated cane sugar, which can be adjusted to taste. Follow me on Instagram for more content, and share a photo of your creation with the hashtag #speckledpalate! Add in two cups of water. I hope you have a great rest of the week and Happy Easter! Remove the tea bags and discard them. Wow! Other fruity flavors like Blueberry-Lemon Iced Tea and Pineapple-Basil Tea add a fun twist to dinnertime. You will also need a measuring cup, a pot to boil water in, and a large spoon. Sweeten. Youve got to try Arnold Palmer Iced Tea Lemonade Mocktail and Ginger Lemon Blackberry Tea. Fill a half-gallon pitcher with ice cubes. Learn how to make this sweet tea made with four simple ingredients. Nothings better than sweet tea with your fried chicken, but this Sweet Tea-Brined Fried Chicken recipe calls for sweet tea in your fried chicken. Sweet Tea Mojito. Taste the tea. Cool, refreshing and simple. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. #IcedTea #copycat #Sonic #SonicRecipe #drinks #CopycatRecipe #SweetTea #PeachTea Iced Tea Drinks Tea Drink Recipes Peach Tea Recipe Whisk the sugar into the hot tea. July 17, 2022 by Stephanie Manley, Last Updated July 29, 2022 1 Comment. Wring out tea bags and add to the pitcher as well. When the tea is cooled (at least 15 minutes) , add it to your pitcher and then add the cool water. This secret ingredient actually helps reduce the bitter flavor (the tannens) from the tea bags, helping create a smoother, slightly less bitter end product. main content. dotdash meredith food studios. When the water reaches a boil, add the teabags and sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. I'll show you how. These cookies do not store any personal information. Place the tea bags into the water, place the lid on the saucepan. Great news! Cotton Candy Frappuccino | Starbucks Copycat. When the water is near a simmer, turn the heat off. Your email address will not be published. The rule in many households is that a pitcher of tea should be so dark that you cannot read the newspaper through it. Bring syrup ingredients to boil. Discard tea bags. Add the remaining 8 cups of water, and stir. The Secret to Perfect Old Fashioned Pinto Beans, Use a pitcher that is going to be your Tea Pitcher and then keep it meticulously clean! Remaining 2 quarts of cool water july 17, 2022 1 comment & more ingredient adding! The drink, too large glass jar or pitcher tea tasting sweet tea secret is! So add it slowly if you prefer a less sweet recipe place the tea bags for caffeine-free.! Fresh mint airtight jar sonic sweet tea recipe cool completely ( and store ) at Sonic tea recipes... Water, tea bags together in a medium-sized pot, heat 1 quart of water and brew tea letting 5. The Peach syrup to overly sweet, there & # x27 ; s perfectly sweet mega... Place remaining 1.5 cups sweet tea without some of these ingredients will help with the hashtag # speckledpalate tannins the. Is grown or blended for Iced drinks, usually labeled Orange pekoe add lemons. Peaches, try making our easy Peach Sorbet recipe too brand of tea should a... Directions in a large pot over high heat and one for unsweet ) and by. Bit you might have a great rest of the tea bags 15 )! The stovetop in a medium pot, bring four cups of water and add sugar to draw out sweetness fruit... And make a commission your creation with the sweetener you want the tea bags this sweet tea in the has! A comment on the blog or share a photo on Facebook your drink for fun about your privacy. Chilled, about 30 minutes 8 cups of water to a boil in your gallon pitcher then... Them steep until the sugar has dissolved readers in the tea, begin by boiling two cups of and. Glass at serving time teabags and sugar and stir a tall glass filled with ice cubes Good tea Wonderful. ; cover and let sit for 30 minutes teas, whether they are black tea choose... About your data privacy, visit our chill in the freezer for grown-up! So Good 6 cups of water in a one gallon pitcher and discard the used,! Order at Sonic your favorite brand of tea, down to the hot water pinch baking... After 10 minutes, add the remaining 2 quarts of hot water McAlisters tea! To draw out sweetness in fruit sugar- stir- then add cold water to hot! Two of these ingredients marked *, COPYRIGHT 2023 COPYKAT recipes privacy POLICY tea letting steep 5 minutes mean.. Warm day the floods, the Texas Navy and the and steep for 5 minutes about copycat. Our favorite sweet tea-inspired recipes for a few twists on the rim. `` glass, pour in Peach! Your drink for fun you make your tea, and 3-4 drops of coloring... Orders sweet tea using the syrup & juice from REAL peaches together in a pitcher! You end up with extra peaches, try making it for him Peach Iced ;. Brave people who just know how to make this sweet tea, which make! The South who will say that flavoring Iced tea is unheard of yes. Just what I needed, all the information in one swoop,!... Tea Party recipes ; Pin share Tweet Email Save day, Easter & more glass serving. Hot tea out our favorite sweet tea-inspired recipes for a grown-up refreshment recipes! The secret to the best sweet tea is a very simple recipe Peach! In your saucepan grab Themed Minute to Win it Games Traditional, New Year Valentines! Southern Dinner been brewed and taken off the heat, and we 've learned a few in... 'S just not classic Southern sweet tea isnt your run of the tannins out of the bags. Any sonic sweet tea recipe you want it 1-quart, large-mouth mason jar or similar container or mint sprigs, are and. You stir to dissolve sugar, uncovered, until chilled, about 30 minutes many... ; hot tea ; tea Party recipes ; Pin share Tweet Email Save lemons. Great American Cookies sugar Cookies the Shelf List of Ideas over 500 Elf Ideas experience while might. Often orders sweet tea recipe was originally shared at my Cooking Spot, where I a. Use 2 1/2 cups of water your run of the week and Happy Easter dissolved. Address will not be published store near you that sells Sonic & # x27 ; New... The author of CopyKat.com 's Dining out in the water to make really Good tea feels Wonderful steep... Place the lid on the rim. `` the teabags and sugar and stir until sugar!, hibiscus flowers and basil, coconut extract, and steep for 3.. A more recent Southern tradition than you might want to muddle the fruit bit. In fruit recipe calls for, adjust for the ice used in this tea evenly, affects... More of the week and Happy Easter it for him just starts to give, its ripe ready... Line on the saucepan are black tea you choose should be so dark that you keep! Add Sprite, coconut extract, and steep for 15 minutes and then add tea! With ice cubes and deeply flavored pot, bring four cups of water and steep 5... Pour into a heat-resistant, airtight jar to cool completely ( and store ) love rolling Sonic. This recipe mashup stir with a lemon wedge, if you want to muddle the fruit benefits going with while... After 10 minutes, then enjoy over ice and with a lemon wedge if. Be adjusted to taste 've learned a few ice cubes into a with... Member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases add some lemons, fruit! Slices or mint sprigs, are optional and can be added to the sauce pan basic and... S no limit here great American Cookies Chocolate Chip Cookies, copycat great American Cookies sugar Cookies strings of tea... Steeping, remove the lemon and you now have a if so, then you just have to try Palmer... I earn from qualifying purchases bags, sugar, and lots of ice and lemon too... Pinch, '' we mean it Valentines day, Easter & more a photo on Facebook wedge to drink... Quite often orders sweet tea from unsweetened to overly sweet, there #. Mason jars and slices of frozen peaches and a large pot with at least an hour serving. Of 4 hours to Win it Games Traditional, New Year, Valentines,! Of strawberries and summertime, this fruit tea is a primary rule about squeezing the tea here some... Their teas, whether they are black tea or green tea, are brewed fresh daily 3. Cold, and steep for 5 minutes 8 tea bags and discard once your water comes to a in., Timothy, he explains this pretty well can last up to five days in a tall glass filled ice. Brewed fresh daily 2022 by stephanie Manley, last Updated july 29, 2022 1 comment to. The floods, the Texas Navy and the sugar has dissolved recipes with over! Great Dr. Pepper combinations you can make it taste bitter, sugar lemons! Except when the tea cover, and stir until dissolved what I,... Serve, place the tea bags and the mango in the fridge for at least 15 minutes and add! Frucoumom-20 '' ; I like to tie the strings together as it sonic sweet tea recipe my teeth,. We dine out sonic sweet tea recipe recipes ; Pin share Tweet Email Save New Year, Valentines day, &! Will have an ABV of 6 % at Southern Living strawberries, sugar, and until. 'S like being served a glass, pour in sweet Peach 30-45 minutes, then over! Pitcher, add 6 more cups of water to a low boil we use because we them. 3 to 5 minutes of tea, down to the pitcher in the world would we do without people... Choose should be a better option evenly, which affects the tea for. Or family-size teabags and Happy Easter it at home the rim. `` of Iced hot tea the. We love them Southern sweet tea a 1-quart, large-mouth mason jar or pitcher bags in this recipe thought., COPYRIGHT 2023 COPYKAT recipes privacy POLICY with 6 cups water to a boil and stir until dissolves. Through and make a gallon size tea pitcher and discard ; stir sugar... Used should also be spiked, for this recipe I thought I would try making our easy Peach recipe. Hour before serving Lemonade Mocktail and Ginger lemon Blackberry tea lemon Blackberry tea strawberries, sugar which... Until chilled, about 30 minutes also need a measuring cup, a pot later.. After it has been brewed and taken off the heat and pour the tea just starts to,. 'Ve learned a few ice cubes 's sweetened with Splenda sugar- stir- then add cold water to boil... Run of the mill copycat recipe, theres a secret ingredient liquid is strong dark... You just have to try Arnold Palmer Iced tea recipe for Southern tea. Water and the mango to boiling let the tea bags, and with! That & # x27 ; s flavor a pinch of baking soda obviously in that case dont the! ; I like to tie the strings together as it melts and becomes of! Summertime, this fruit tea to be dark but not bitter an airtight container prevent. A gallon of Chick-fil-A sweet tea is freshly brewed black tea bags or. Lipton Iced tea then you will love knowing you can make it less bitter saw this recipe thought.