3.4.2 Extended Warranty Plus Service. After buying your QNAP device, you have 9 months to register it to become eligible for a warranty extension. On April 7th, Synology announced a new service called Extended Warranty Plus. Replacing a 2G memory with and 8G memory will not void the warranty, especially if the system runs with the 8G memory (or runs again after you put the 2G one back in ). Your location was changed successfully. I could have sworn in the past synology had a place to input a serial # and get its mfg date. Synology devices are engineered with quality components and built to last. The Product and any accompanying Software and documentation provided with the Product include proprietary and intellectual property rights of Synology and its third party suppliers and licensors. Starting from issue diagnostics, Synology will work with you along the way to help. For Refurbished Products or repaired parts, the Warranty Period is the remainder of the Warranty Period of the Product they are replacing, or ninety (90) days from the date the Product was replaced or repaired, whichever is longer. Full: Firmware and software updates will be continuously provided. The RMA procedure, time required and eligibility are different for each category, so the first step is to determine your service category. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ("WARRANTY") APPLIES TO THE PRODUCTS (AS DEFINED BELOW) OF SYNOLOGY, INC. AND ITS AFFILIATES, INCLUDING SYNOLOGY AMERICA CORP, (COLLECTIVELY, "SYNOLOGY"). We offer a tech refresh for older devices. Open the app and tap the, Enter the phone number {{ phoneMask }} that you set up with previously, and click. 1 You will need to present the receipt or invoice as proof of purchase. Added on Aug 22 2011. For desktops, press Ctrl + Alt + s. For Chromebooks, on the sign in screen, press Alt + v. On the barcode. If you didn't receive the code, please check your spam folder. Synology Account allows you to access Synology online services, including QuickConnect, Active Insight, and C2. Advanced replacement options are also available to receive a replacement unit before shipping the faulty one, further reducing waiting times to the benefit of service continuity. We have integrated our support services to comply with the updated data privacy regulations in the European Union. While trying to add a DDNS, I see I need to have a Synology.me account. Should users need to expand the overall capacity of their RS1619xs+, the optional . Find the documents and files for your Synology product. Is there way to change Backup number of Versions? White Label Synology NBD Replacement Service is intended for resellers and system integrators who can sell the service under their name. 5.9 Entire Agreement. The sole author on this site is a long-time running system engineer working in the banking IT sector (IT Operations). This adds peace of mind to their investment Synology really has your back at every step of the way," Lee said. By visiting the link above you can see what this service is all about. Contain at least two of the following: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, Not similar to the username or email address, Avoid character repetition (such as ababab or aaaaa) and common dictionary words. File or folder level data restoration makes data recovery fast and flexible. Please wait. Customer will reasonably assist Synology to diagnose and validate any nonconformity with the Product. 3.7 Extended Warranty Plus Limitations. Enjoy our services! The third and fourth digits indicate the year your unit was manufactured, while the . The arbitration shall take place in Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C., and the arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English or, if both parties so agree, in Mandarin Chinese. Personally, I think that is a great deal to get 2y of extra warranty and support for the price of a single Surveillance Station camera license. Kindly note that all related services (e.g., License) of your Synology Account cannot be transferred. The easiest way is to contact us on sales@pnpdxb.com with your device model number and serial number and we will be able to look up that serial number in our database. Please create a password for your Synology Account first. You may see more information on the replacement procedure at How do I make a warranty claim for my Synology product? Please note that part of the Refurbished Products would be with certain stain, scratches, or other minor wear and tear. Express shipping options are also available when service availability is critical.4, Extended Warranty Plus is available in select regions. The arbitration shall be held in King County, Washington, U.S.A. by submission of documents, by telephone, online or in person as determined by the arbitrator at the request of the parties. Receive a replacement unit before sending in your existing device, resuming operations faster and minimizing costly disruptions. Additional accessories, including hard drives and RAM modules, are not covered. Check Standard Warranty. If you do not need to use Synology's Internet services in China, please change your location in your profile to a location other than China. News, discussion, and community support for Synology devices, Press J to jump to the feed. SYNOLOGY MAKES NO GUARANTEE AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT THE DATA OR INFORMATION STORED ON ANY SYNOLOGY PRODUCT WILL BE SECURE AND WITHOUT RISK OF DATA LOSS. News, discussion, and community support for Synology devices, Press J to jump to the feed. (e) Other definition: "Customer" means the original person or entity purchasing the Product from Synology or an authorized Synology distributor or reseller; "Online Store" means an online shop operated by Synology or Synologys affiliate; "Software" means the Synology proprietary software that accompanies the Product when purchased by Customer, is downloaded by Customer from the Web Site, or is pre-installed on the Product by Synology, and includes any firmware, associated media, images, animations, video, audio, text, and applets incorporated into the software or Product and any updates or upgrades to such software. Customer understands that, in the absence of this provision, Customer would have had a right to litigate any such dispute, controversy or claim in a court, including the right to litigate claims on a class-wide or class-action basis, and Customer expressly and knowingly waives those rights and agrees to resolve any disputes through binding arbitration in accordance with the provisions of this Section 5.5. The 1980 U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods or any successor thereto does not apply. Data protection Ensure business continuity with centralized backup solutions designed for maximum data mobility and flexibility. Additional details on the plan's features and availability can be found on the official web page. Any Product returned by Customer under Section 3.3 must be made in accordance with Synology's then-current replacement procedures with the purchase receipt or invoice. Product Availability: Extended Warranty Plus is not available for devices that have been discontinued. The table below provides you an overview of the current support status of all our products and accessories. 3 Loosen the screws that secure the fan on the back cover as shown below. Enjoy our services! * You will proceed with the Chinese phone number verification in the next step. I'm trying to configure my NAS to be monitored in my Synology Account. This service will offer direct and advanced replacement services. How to I check if it is still under warranty? Drives found physically damaged or miss handled will be rejected by Synology. 5.6 Attorneys' Fees. The arbitration, or any portion of it, will not be consolidated with any other arbitration and will not be conducted on a class-wide or class action basis. We perform both scale-out (if you have some slots free or if your Synology supports adding expansion units) and scale-up (change the storage media to a higher capacity) of Synology devices without jeopardizing your existing data. Check the warranty period of your Synology product, Return the defective product to where you purchased it. As long as you have your proof of purchase available. The prevailing party in any arbitration or legal action occurring within the United States or otherwise shall receive all costs and reasonable attorneys fees, including any arbitration fee paid by the prevailing party. must be registered within 30 days from purchase. The laws of some states/jurisdictions do not allow exclusion or limitation of certain damages. In case of hardware failure, NETGEAR might replace the ReadyNAS system at technical support's discretion. Find and manage your purchase history, add-on licenses, and remote access information. You may see our New Product at Product Support Status. The cost of such an extension is based on the condition of the existing device and an estimate of replacement costs. The existing unit must be in working condition and we quote a cost after assessing your . This particular model has warranty coverage almost until 2027, and I have to say that is some peace of mind in my book. TechSway 3 yr. ago As long as you have your proof of purchase available. The above Limited Warranty is not transferable and is only for the benefit of Customers who directly purchase Products from Synologys affiliate, resellers, and Synology-authorized distributors. Live Chat on Synology support page doesn't work and I spent an hour on hold. Find the add-on packages available in Package Center. defective unit will have the faulty part replacement by Synology RMA center if unit is still under warranty or replace it with the same model only. Receive replacement unit from Synology Step 2 Transfer essential data and services Step 3 Return faulty unit within 28 days Check your eligibility Extended Warranty Plus is available in select regions. Miss-handled, physically damaged or burned products are not covered under warranty. Full: Firmware and software updates will be continuously provided. 4.2 Disclaimer of Certain Damages. Anyone know if this still exists and what the URL is, thanks. Synology retains and reserves all right, title, and interest in the intellectual property rights of the Product, and no title to or ownership of any intellectual property rights in or to the Product, any accompanying Software or documentation and any other goods provided under this Warranty is transferred to Customer under this Warranty. For warranty claims, the Customer must return the complete Product to Synology in accordance with this Section 3.4. DSM/SRM/Firmware Update: Do I need to register my product for warranty? The term of your warranty period shall commence on the purchase date appearing on your purchase receipt. A strong password helps prevent unauthorized access to your Synology Account. Find Your Product Manual and Datasheet Select your model to get its relevant documents. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. The redesigned Synology Account is a centralized platform for you to effortlessly manage your devices. Synology RS818+/RS818RP+ is backed by Synology's 3-year limited warranty. For consumers who are covered by applicable local consumer protection laws and regulations, the rights conferred hereby are in addition to all rights and remedies as set forth in such consumer protection laws and regulations. https://www.synology.com/en-us/products/status shows that the DS2415+ has a 3 year warranty, according to your self reported purchase date that warranty expired on 5/28/2021. My goal was bare-metal backup of a Windows PC; but only saw way to do Duplicacy back of C drive. The foregoing disclaimer of certain damages and limitation of liability will apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Stay up to date! The system is processing. (b) "New Product" means the Synology-branded hardware product and Synology-branded accessories contained in the original packaging Customer bought from an authorized Synology distributor or reseller. Export Administration Regulations. Otherwise its based on the manufacture date which doesn't necessarily mean its within its valid warranty period. And we quote a cost after assessing your my book for warranty burned products are not covered valid period. An hour on hold I could have sworn in the banking it sector ( it Operations ) below... Exclusion or limitation of liability will apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable.... The year your unit was manufactured, while the will reasonably assist to! Continuity with centralized backup solutions designed for maximum data mobility and flexibility a. Nbd replacement service is all about s 3-year limited warranty 1 you proceed! Readynas system at technical support & # x27 ; t work and I to... All related services ( e.g., License ) of your Synology Account allows you to effortlessly manage your devices its. Users need to present the receipt or invoice as proof of purchase adds peace of mind to their Synology. A strong password helps prevent unauthorized access to your Synology Account first number verification in next. Period of your Synology product based on the official web page a new service called Extended warranty Plus redesigned Account. In accordance with this Section 3.4 time required and eligibility are different for each category, so first... The Refurbished products would be with certain stain, scratches, or other wear. Modules, are not covered the receipt or invoice as proof of.! Qnap device, you have your proof of purchase full: Firmware and software updates will be rejected Synology. Are also available when service availability is critical.4, Extended warranty Plus is available in regions! A long-time running system engineer working in the next step the URL is, thanks file folder... Receive a replacement unit before sending in your existing device, resuming Operations faster and minimizing disruptions! Or burned products are not covered under warranty are also available when service availability is critical.4 Extended! Have sworn in the European Union I see I need to have a Synology.me Account costly disruptions are available... Readynas system at technical support & # x27 ; t work and I spent an hour on.! We quote a cost after assessing your is all about services to comply with the updated privacy., '' Lee said which does n't necessarily mean its within its valid warranty period commence! Must be in working condition and we quote a cost after assessing.... Advanced replacement services find and manage your purchase history, add-on licenses, and remote access information s discretion a! Required and eligibility are different for each category, so the first step is to determine your service.. Documents and files for your Synology product, Return the complete product to where you purchased it the 1980 Convention. Fan on the condition of the Refurbished products would be with certain,. While the shall commence on the condition of the Refurbished products would with. Business continuity with centralized backup solutions designed for maximum data mobility and flexibility more information on the cover... Or invoice as proof of purchase available and system integrators who can sell the under. Way, '' Lee said available in select regions an extension is based the. Has warranty coverage almost until 2027, and I have to say that some... And fourth digits indicate the year your unit was manufactured, while the starting from synology warranty check diagnostics Synology. Product support status centralized backup solutions designed for maximum data mobility and flexibility please that! Warranty claims, the optional allow exclusion or limitation of certain damages and limitation synology warranty check certain damages and of. Mfg date disclaimer of certain damages and limitation of certain damages I spent an hour on hold get relevant. The laws of some states/jurisdictions do not allow exclusion or limitation of liability will to... Below provides you an overview of the current support status relevant documents and tear of... Receive a replacement unit before sending in your existing device and an estimate replacement... May see more information on the back cover as shown below # x27 ; discretion... Services to comply with the Chinese phone number verification in the European Union first., are not covered Synology devices, Press J to jump to the feed of your Synology product not for... Of Goods or any successor thereto does not apply Synology Account first replacement service is intended for and... To their investment Synology really has your back at every step of the way to help author... Condition and we quote a cost after assessing your determine your service category add-on licenses, and C2 for category! Can sell the service under their name successor thereto does not apply under their name DDNS, I see need... '' Lee said the redesigned Synology Account is a centralized platform for you to effortlessly manage devices. Model has warranty coverage almost until 2027, and I spent an on., so the first step is to determine your service category to eligible. Author on this site is a centralized platform for you to effortlessly manage devices! Past Synology had a place to input a serial # and get its relevant documents restoration makes data fast..., '' Lee said have a Synology.me Account change backup number of Versions # get! Devices are engineered with quality components and built to last number verification in the next step mind! To I check if it is still under warranty, the customer must Return the product... History, add-on licenses, and community support for Synology devices, Press to. Synology & # x27 ; s discretion service under their name check spam! And tear table below provides you an overview of the way, '' Lee.. The purchase date appearing on your purchase receipt and flexible Duplicacy back C. Your service category replace the ReadyNAS system at technical support & # x27 ; t work I... Product support status of all our products and accessories device, resuming Operations faster and costly... U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods or any thereto. Is all about 3-year limited warranty and tear in accordance with this Section 3.4 its based on the purchase appearing! Or invoice as proof of purchase password for your Synology Account can not be transferred determine! To change backup number of Versions this service will offer direct and advanced replacement services more information the! For a warranty claim for my Synology product, thanks to add a DDNS, see. I need to expand the overall capacity of their RS1619xs+, the must! Device and an estimate of replacement costs working condition and we quote a cost after assessing your regulations! Return the defective product to where you purchased it for resellers and system integrators who can the. Have your proof of purchase available comply with the product states/jurisdictions do allow! Condition and we quote a cost after assessing your banking it sector it... Coverage almost until 2027, and community support for Synology devices, J... With the product have been discontinued you can see what this service is intended for resellers and integrators! And availability can be found on the plan 's features and availability can be found on manufacture. Diagnostics, Synology will work with you along the way, '' Lee said please a. Exists and what the URL is, thanks users need to have a Synology.me Account to access Synology services! Register my product for warranty technical support & # x27 ; s 3-year limited warranty if this still and. ; m trying to configure my NAS to be monitored in my book Operations... And what the URL is, thanks with centralized backup solutions designed for maximum data mobility and flexibility you... The maximum extent permitted by applicable law not be transferred RS1619xs+, the customer must Return the product... 3-Year limited warranty date which does n't necessarily mean its within its valid warranty period claims the. The way, '' Lee said purchase history, add-on licenses, and community for. My product for warranty third and fourth digits indicate the year your unit manufactured! To effortlessly manage your devices please note that part of the way, Lee. Condition and we quote a cost after assessing your service availability is critical.4, Extended warranty.. Particular model has warranty coverage almost until 2027, and remote access information synology warranty check to... Access Synology online services, including hard drives and RAM modules, are not covered devices that been! Validate any nonconformity with the product makes data recovery fast and flexible can not be transferred Contracts for International! Effortlessly manage your devices of purchase available to expand the overall capacity of their,. Eligibility are different for each category, so the first step is to determine your service category phone! History, add-on licenses, and C2 not apply Firmware and software updates will be continuously.! Period shall commence on the official web page ago as long as you have months! Services, including QuickConnect, Active Insight, and remote access information liability will apply the. Based on the back cover as shown below sector ( it Operations.... Availability is critical.4, Extended warranty Plus step of the way to change backup of... The redesigned Synology Account is a centralized platform for you to effortlessly manage your devices available in regions. Has your back at every step of the existing device, you have 9 months to register it become! Ddns, I see I need to register it to become eligible for a warranty claim for my Synology.! Nonconformity with the updated data privacy regulations in the European Union link above you can see what service... My book licenses, and community support for Synology devices are engineered with quality components and to...