Colfax Avenue near Victor and Ursula streets was closed after a large truck hit an overhead pedestrian bridge Monday morning. The. Northbound lanes were reopened after bridge inspectors gave go ahead, however, the overpass remained closed. It's a situation the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) said many of its engineers. Please enter valid email address to continue. GOODYEAR, Ariz. Multiple bicyclists suffered severe injuries, and two people were killed after a pickup truck crashed into the group they were traveling with, Goodyear police said. 2023 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. Download the apps today for live newscasts and video on demand. [PHOTOS: Damage to I-16 bridge in Georgia]. The agency has put up message boards on I-93 as far away as the New Hampshire border to alert drivers about the work zone. His passenger, a 54-year-old woman from Alabama, was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital with "possible minor injuries," police said. Dollar was Hogens best friend. "As the unit travelled under the SW 66 Street/Williams Road overpass, the top of the tank struck the undercarriage of the overpass," the FHP wrote in a news release. ORIGINAL STORY: Southbound lanes of Interstate 95 are blocked near the Quacco Road overpass. Your commute. "I can tell you that it had to pass under a number of other bridges that were of the same height so we're not sure if that load loosened up at some point," he told WBZ. He was training for his next race. It happened near Exit 24 where Route 28 crosses over the highway. In May 2019, a truck got stuck under a train bridge on North Pearl Street in Albany, closing the street for hours. On Thursday morning, work continued on the Sitterly Road overpass with six temporary steel beams holding it in place. State Police said the height of the truck with its load, a water clarifying tank, measured 14'9" but the truck was only permitted for a maximum height of 14'. The truck got stuck under the bridge on the westbound side of the highway shortly before 4 p.m. Traffic in the area was left backed up for miles. According to Goodyear police, the incident happened near the Cotton Lane Bridge, next to the MC-85. Emergency crews responded to a crash on Interstate 75 in Ocala after an oversized vehicle hit the overpass at SW 66th Street on Wednesday. Traffic on Thursday morning was moving along on the Northway through the construction area as well as on the alternate roads south, Route 9 and Moe Road during rush hour. Download the WUSA9 app to get breaking news, weather and important stories at your fingertips. MEDFORD (CBS) - Drivers are being told to avoid Interstate 93 in Medford if possible as repairs continued Tuesday on an extensively damaged bridge. FOX 13 Seattle. Copyright 2023 WCJB. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate. A 10-year-old passenger in the SUV was . All Rights Reserved. A video posted on YouTube by Raphael Williams captured the bridge crash on 295 through a dashcam. Subscribe to 95.5 WSB newsletter(Opens a new window), 95.5 WSB facebook feed(Opens a new window), 95.5 WSB twitter feed(Opens a new window), 95.5 WSB instagram feed(Opens a new window), Cobb Co.: Stall Atlanta Rd and Cumberland Pkwy, police on scene, Decatur: Roadwork Covington Hwy/wb at S. Hairston Rd., 2 lanes blocked and causing delays, Share currently playing on Facebook (Opens a new window), Share currently playing on Twitter (Opens a new window), Long-lost ship found in Lake Huron, confirming tragic story, RFK assassin Sirhan Sirhan returns to 16th parole hearing, California, beleaguered by earlier storms, gets fresh snow. There's going to be lane restrictions in place, that's likely going to be months before we get a design done where we can go in and do a full repair and open Roosevelt Circle back up to it's full capacity. Mike Goodwin has been a stock broker, garbage man, and a house painter. The bridge crosses I-16 approximately halfway between the major cities of Savannah and Macon. The right lane and the on-ramp at Exit 9 will likely remain closed while more permanent fixes are made, State Police said. Marilyn Vaca, Digital Director, Jacksonville. A section of Martin Grove Road is shut down after a truck struck a bridge in Rexdale on Monday morning. Deputy Commissioner for the Georgia Department of Public Safety Lt. Hogen said Dollar was talking about raising awareness and safety for cyclists just days before he was killed. The bridge collapse is concerning many neighbors who rely on it to move across the highway including Rosalyn Lake, a nearby teacher. @GADeptofTrans pic.twitter.com/bquL0iLO40, Crews continue to work on damaged bridge along I-16. A damaged beam, which is over the right two travel lanes on I-93 south, will need to be removed before it is safe for traffic to be fully restored in the area. Will update when we have good info. Sign up for the Get Up DC newsletter:Your forecast. The deputy mayor for public safety reported five people had to be sent to the hospital, including Frank Soriano. GOODYEAR, Ariz. Colonel William W. Hitchens III said there would be some charges coming against the driver of the dump trailer that struck the bridge. Texas was once its own independent . MassDOT said commuters should expect delays traveling on Route 1 south, Route 16, Route 28 and through Roosevelt Circle for the next several months as repairs are made.Our first priority is to safely stabilize the structure, which is underway, said Highway Administrator Jonathan Gulliver. ", A state Department of Transportation official said it is unclear when all repairs to the overpass will be complete. The literally dozens of videos from the past eight years are all available on Youtube to peruse at your leisure. The trailer is obviously destroyed, but so is the bridge. The crash is resonating with the cycling communities in Arizona. The Massachusetts Department of Transportation expects all travel lanes on Interstate 93 south near Exit 24 in Medford to be fully reopened at some point on Wednesday, two days after an over-height truck struck the bridge. Multiple cyclists were injured and two killed when a pickup truck plowed into the large group riding over the bridge on Cotton Lane. She might not have to wait that long for empty streets again. The Ocala Star-Banner, citing the Florida Highway Patrol, said the crash happened at 9:14 a.m. Video recorded at the scene by a WCVB photographer shows that the vehicle that struck the bridge was a truck carrying what state police say is a water clarifying tank that is consistent with the type of tank used in wastewater treatment. At first I just saw a lot of smoke and I wasnt sure if something fell off of the truck.. AUBURN, Wash. - One person has died as a result of a crash involving a vehicle and a semi-truck. No injuries after a pickup truck hit a bicycle on East Market Street in Red Oak, Iowa Accident Date: Thu, 02/09/2023 Des Moines-Ames, IA Jeanne Borkowski, 32, and Pamela Mary Borkowski, 55, pronounced dead, three others taken to hospital when SUV is struck by pickup truck at Marshal Street and Highway 30 in Boone, Iowa Accident Date: Bridge Accident Damage Closes 183 & Loop 12 In Irving. SPEAKING FMRO EXPERIENCE, I WOULD SAY BETWEEN SIX MONTHS AT EIGHT MONTHS WOULD NOT BE UNUSL UAIN THIS CASE. - The Florida Highway Patrol and crews were working on I-75 Northbound in Marion County on Wednesday where a tractor-trailer traveling north struck and damaged the SW 66 Street overpass near the. The video also shows that the trailer carrying the cargo became separated from the truck, which was stopped further up the highway. A crash in Washington State left a bridge closed after a semi-truck hit a car from behind, leaving the car trapped. Additionally, troopers said the driver violated the permitted route, which did not include I-93 and required flag cars, which were not used.MassDOT, meanwhile, says it intends to hold the trucking company, Dove Transportation LLC of Alabama, legally and financially responsible for the damages and will be reviewing the company's eligibility for obtaining permits in Massachusetts in the future.Video recorded at the scene by a WCVB photographer shows that the vehicle that struck the bridge was a truck carrying what state police say is a water clarifying tank that is consistent with the type of tank used in wastewater treatment.The equipment that the truck was carrying appeared to be severely dented.The video also shows that the trailer carrying the cargo became separated from the truck, which was stopped further up the highway.Video from Sky5 shows damage to the underside of the Roosevelt Circle overpass. Early Thursday, a dump truck with its trailer up hit the Georgia 86 bridge and shifted it. 66th St. overpass. While DOT has said little about the damage to the overpass, Barrett said three of the five steel girders holding up the overpass were compromised. cited for two civil offenses that carry a total fine of $210. The latest breaking updates, delivered straight to your email inbox. Drivers on southbound I-75 Thursday morning encountered an unwelcome sight: Miles of red brake lights. We expect to reopen at least one lane WB by this afternoon. A tow truck removes a truck that hit the Rock Island side of the Government Bridge Tuesday October 1, 2013. Engineers said theyve never seen anything like that before. The non-profit was created after Rob Dollar, a cyclist, was killed while riding his bike in 2017 in Phoenix. Originally, traffic was diverted to Highway 484 and traffic already on the interstate was directed to make a U-turn from the Northbound lanes to the Southbound lanes. THIS MORNING, THE DRIVERHO W PLOWED THAT OVER-HEIGHT TRUCK INTO THE BRIDGE IS BEING CIT.ED THE DRIVER WAS FINED $210 FO THE MONDAY AFTERNOON CRASH THAT OTHER DRIVERS WILL NOW BE PANG FOR FOR MONTHS. You can view the bridge condition of any highway system here. OPD officials give details about the wreck. The bridge over Interstate 16, located between Macon and Savannah, was demolished overnight into Friday and now crews have reopened all lanes of the roadway. OCALA, Fla. (WCJB) - Emergency crews responded to a crash on Interstate 75 in Ocala after an oversized vehicle hit the overpass at SW 66th Street on Wednesday. Debris is still being removed and all work must be completed before any lanes can be reopened. Additionally, troopers said the driver violated the permitted route, which did not include I-93 and required flag cars, which were not used. He said riders should also take safety precautions when hitting the roads, but everyone should practice patience and respect to prevent more lives from being lost. 2. The two righthand travel lanes on I-93 south have been closed since shortly before 3:45 p.m. Monday. Goodyear PD: 2 dead, 11 cyclists hospitalized after being hit by pickup truck. We've seen a few crazy bridges over the years, and none are ever pretty. It also listed no inspections within the last two years, but COVID-19 may have played a factor. In a press conference about the situation, Commissioner McMurry stated the quickest way to reopen I-16 was to simply demolish the bridge. A tractor-trailer driven by a Lakeland man and carrying an over-size load on I-75 on Wednesday morning struck and damaged the Southwest 66th Street overpass near the 347 mile marker in Marion County. The demolition should be complete with I-16 fully opened as early as July 21. Learn about careers at Cox Media Group. Its everybody playing a part in doing their best as seeing everybody as a human. Source: Georgia DOT / Twitter via Autoblog, Vehicle Imagery licensed from EVOX Images, Watch Box Truck Perfectly Peel Its Roof Off At Famously Low Bridge, 2024 Audi Q7 Facelift Drops Nearly All Camouflage In New Spy Photos, 2024 Mustang Vs Camaro, Challenger: Price, Engines, Horsepower Compared, Hands On With Mercedes' New Third-Gen MBUX Infotainment With Android Apps, See GMC Sierra Denali HD Diesel With Mild Mods Roll Coal On A Dyno, Genesis GV80 Facelift Rendered With Minor Tweaks After Recent Spy Video, Polestar 5 Spied Looking Sleek Even Without Production Lights, Australian Police Dogs In Volkswagen Tiguan Get Air Conditioning, VW Will Host Annual GTI Meeting In Wolfsburg From 2024, Dacia Jogger Sleep Pack Turns The Wagon Into A Small Camper, Mini Countryman Teased With Made In Germany Label, BMW M Quad-Motor EV Spied In The Cold Testing As Modified i4 M50, 2024 Mercedes GLC Coupe Debuting Mid-March With Larger, Sleeker Body. Stay with WTOC for updates. Video captured the moment when a train slammed into a semi-truck that was trapped on the tracks in Texas on Tuesday. Early Thursday, a dump truck with its trailer up hit the Georgia 86 bridge and shifted it. This will take all day Tuesday and may also impact Wednesday's commute. Initial reports of a vehicle versus bicyclist crash came in around 8 a.m. We saw the truck actually hit the bridge and it kept going through it. Video from Sky5 shows damage to the underside of the Roosevelt Circle overpass. A spokesman in Gov. We are going to be removing somewhere between three and five feet of concrete. Our heart is going to those families because we know the pain theyre feeling, said Hogen. Part of Interstate 84 West in Tolland was closed for several hours after a truck hit a bridge, sending cement powder onto the road during passing showers, according to state police. Reopening the westbound lane that runs from Savannah to Macon was the priority, according to McMurray, for a number of reasons, including the freight flow from the Savannah Port into middle Georgia and Metro Atlanta. Ive never seen so many tractor-trailer trucks in my life, Irvin said. She supervises Jacksonville's number one news website and most trusted source for local news. Northbound lanes have been blocked since 9:15 a.m., and Southwest 66th Street, also known as Williams Road, is closed. At least there were no injuries this time around, but whoa Nellie are these images shocking. (Paul Buckowski/Times Union), Police confirm body in Mohawk is Samantha Humphrey, Floor and Decor to take over former Sears space in Colonie Center, Mom of child victim angered by resolution in case alleging rape, A former Saratoga County nursing home has to pay $7.16 million, Churchill: David Carpenter, Dwayne Killings and a confused UAlbany, In upstate, winter's return means slick roads, no school for many, State Police investigating fatal crash involving NYPD officer, Construction to replace rail trail bridge to start next month. State Police declined to release the specific vehicle and traffic violations the man faces, saying criminal justice reforms forbid disclosure of traffic tickets. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. This photograph shows some of the damage caused by the collision. Travelers who use Roosevelt Circle should expect restricted lanes for several months until permanent repairs can be made.. UPDATE: Coroner identifies 2 local men who died after dump truck crash on I-78. There's also no mention of possible citations or fines for the driver of the truck that caused this commotion. Both the Georgia DOT and GDOT East Traffic Twitter accounts alerted motorists of the crash, which happened at 3:00 AM local time according to Georgia Department of Transportation Commissioner Russel McMurry. Eastbound traffic will have a 10-mile detour, with both detours designed to ease traffic congestion through two small towns on the detour routes. Massachusetts State Police said the truck was a 2013 Peterbilt 367 owned by Dove Transportation of Lincoln, Alabama. A more immediate plan hopes to have one lane in each direction open this weekend. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. As of 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, FHP said debris removal, and possible temporary repairs were expected to last for three hours or longer. (WBZ-TV), The damage to the bridge above I-93 south in Medford, July 19. Troopers report the truck, with the boom arm extended,. . One alternate route is to get off 93 entirely since the lane closures are at exit 24 in Medford. Here's what we are predicting for winter this year, bridge condition of any highway system here, Some DC officials express frustrations over Northeast bridge collapse, how road planning impacts their constituents. The demolition plan involves the use of two clusters of shoring towers that will be set in place vertically under the overpass to straddle the damaged beam. Traffic was diverted onto Route 9 south. IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) - All of northbound Loop 12 and part of eastbound Highway 183 in Irving remain closed, after a semi hit an overpass just . Miguel Soriano said Frank Soriano has driven down the highway on many occasions, and felt confident his brother was not responsible for the crash. As it stands, westbound traffic on I-16 will follow a 24-mile detour to clear the seven-mile stretch of closed highway until the damaged bridge is removed. Roosevelt Circle, which is part of Route 28, will be restored to two travel lanes with some lane restrictions until full, permanent repairs are made. MassDOT also noted that the eastbound Roosevelt Circle overpass will also be reopened at some point Wednesday. Dramatic photos show just how hard this impact was and frankly, it's amazing the driver of the semi wasn't injured. That driver is facing two civil offenses, being over height and violating a permit issued by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation. The eastbound Roosevelt Circle overpass, which is part of Route 28, is also closed. Drivers are urged to avoid the area and consider public transportation options until I-93 southbound can be fully reopened. Former Gwinnett County resident Joan Irvin told Channel 2s Tony Thomas that she doesnt mind the heavy traffic in her small town of 650 people -- at least for the short term. The truck bed became stuck under the bridge. Hogen said the Rob Dollar Foundation website includes information on road laws for bicyclists and motorists. The crash. GOODYEAR, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) Two cyclists are dead, and 11 others are seriously hurt after being hit by a pickup truck on a busy highway in the West Valley early Saturday. pic.twitter.com/ECXz4ad2Ys, That will be the fastest way to reopen I-16, GDOT Commissioner Russell McMurry said Thursday. Your browser does not support HTML5 audio. WASHINGTON The brother of the truck driver involved in the pedestrian bridge collapse in Northeast, D.C. said he does not believe his brother is at fault, but a police report suggests otherwise. I was directly almost behind him, not too close, as I saw him approaching it I could almost see where hes going to hit it a little bit so I started laying into the horn, said Julian Abrams, witness. The state's Highway Administrator said traffic delays and lane closures could last 6-to-8 months until permanent repairs are finished. Ill have a live report at Noon with more details @WCJB20 pic.twitter.com/nT0ZdTxQDB, We got here about 9:10 so weve been here over three hours, said Nichole Puglia, witness. ", When asked for specifics on how long the repairs and delays might last, Gulliver told reporters, "It's very hard to say right now, but speaking from experience I would say between 6 and 8 months would not be unusual in this case.". appreciated. MassDOT said it has deployed message boards on I-93 south for drivers approaching the Medford work zone as far away as the New Hampshire border, and also on I-495 and I-95/Route 128. State Police, the organization announced Tuesday. Earlier Tuesday, MassDOT officials warned commuters of months of delays due to the bridge strike that caused extensive damage. Weve got Florida Department of Transportation engineers here on the scene, bridge inspectors, said Lt. Patrick Riordan, FHP spokesperson. The woman's son said they only had minor bruises and were already released from the hospital. Jul 15, 2021 at 5:27pm ET By: Christopher Smith Listen to this. Hearst Television participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Drivers are also restricted from going over the eastbound bridge. Its a life that youre affecting, he said. 0:31 Major traffic disruptions in Richmond after oversized load strikes overpass A similar collision between a truck and the 152 Street overpass on Highway 99 in Surrey in 2017 caused significant. Travelers who use Roosevelt Circle should expect restricted lanes for several months until permanent repairs can be made. CLICK HERE for latest traffic reportThe demolition plan involves the use of two clusters of shoring towers that will be set in place vertically under the overpass to straddle the damaged beam. 7:03 PM EDT, Fri July 16, 2021. Everything you love about wsbradio.com and more! Traffic has been shut down in both directions and detoured since the large truck struck the bridge on Thursday, creating a danger when the bridge deck shifted off its supports by 6 feet over. The roadway was a sea of stopped cars after a tree trimming truck struck an overpass south of 7 Mile yesterday afternoon ,flipped over and broke the bridge. According to MassDOT, the entire beam and a section of the bridge deck, which is approximately 7 feet wide, will need to be demolished between the west abutment and the center pier above I-93 south. Sign up below to be added to our mailing list for the latest news updates, access to exclusive contests, and more! The incident sent concrete onto I-75 and forced the closure of the interstate in that area. All Northbound lanes are shut down on I-75 in Ocala before the S.W. Kevin E. Schmidt First published on July 20, 2021 / 3:23 PM. Andrew Cuomo's office praised the DOT for its quick work in getting the lanes on the Northway reopened. 1 person hospitalized after shooting at Peoria gas station, Arizona Senate bill to eliminate tax on food moves forward. A man and woman died in the . Cox Media Group. The passenger was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital with possible minor injuries following the crash. It was pretty scary Ive never been in anything like this, said Puglia. Troopers said the truck was over its permitted height. There isn't much that can stop a semi-truck on the highway, but a bridge certainly can. The crash had the northbound . Also known as Bridge 66, D.C. Deputy Mayor for Public Safety Chris Geldart said it "was inspected in February 2021 resulting in a May 25 inspection report giving the bridge a rating of poor condition (A number 4 rating).". You may be offline. "Thanks to the hard work of DOT staff, two of the three lanes impacted by yesterdays bridge collision were safely reopened last night, less than 24 hours after the accident occurred," spokesman Colin Brennan said. Truck hits, damages bridge at Lower Michigan Avenue and Wacker. He is Canadian so this is his 2. (Paul Buckowski/Times Union), Traffic is seen backed up on Route 9 south July 20, 2021 / 3:23 PM The truck was being driven by a 57-year-old Alabama man and had a 54-year-old Alabama woman as a passenger. The phased demolition will involve removal of a section of the deck and the portion of the damaged beam. MARION COUNTY, Fla. The Florida Highway Patrol and crews were working on I-75 Northbound in Marion County on Wednesday where a tractor-trailer traveling north struck and damaged the SW 66 Street overpass near the 347-mile marker. The driver of the truck has been fined $210 for two civil offenses: being over height and violating the permit issued by the Department of Transportation. Hours later, a crash was reported near the Estrella intersection that involved five cars and left at least one person seriously hurt. A maximum of two travel lanes are open on I-93 south as crews work to repair the damage done in the crash Monday on the Roosevelt Circle eastbound overpass near Exit 24. At 9 p.m., the FHP said northbound lanes had reopened. The Massachusetts Department of Transportation expects all travel lanes on Interstate 93 south near Exit 24 in Medford to be fully reopened at some point on Wednesday, two days after an over-height truck struck the bridge.In an update sent Tuesday evening, transportation officials said that all lanes on I-93 south will be reopened after temporary repairs are made to the damaged area of the eastbound Roosevelt Circle overpass, which also needs to be stabilized. Think you have an interesting story? By using this website, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices. A deadly crash Monday on Interstate 78 in Lehigh County was caused when a dump truck hauling a skid steer struck an . The equipment that the truck was carrying appeared to be severely dented. Three other vehicles driving through were either damaged or destroyed in the crash. At least there's a plan in place to keep things moving during the cleanup process. All Rights Reserved. Once that is removed, one of the shoring towers will be removed and traffic will be shifted over to the right lane and shoulder lane. MassDOT expects that all travel lanes on I-93 southbound will be fully reopened at some point on Wednesday. These are individuals that are finding a way to be healthy and to be out there with friends. MassDOT said commuters should expect delays traveling on Route 1 south, Route 16, Route 28 and through Roosevelt Circle for the next several months as repairs are made. That can stop a semi-truck hit a car from behind, leaving the trapped... To release the specific vehicle and traffic violations the man faces, saying justice! As Williams Road, is also closed two civil offenses, being over height and violating permit... Hard this impact was and frankly, it 's amazing the driver of the dump trailer struck... Its engineers bridge on North Pearl Street in Albany, closing the Street for hours County was when. When a dump truck with its trailer up hit the Georgia 86 bridge and shifted it incident happened near Quacco! Is also closed at eight months WOULD not be UNUSL UAIN this CASE all! Was reported near the Quacco Road overpass and none are ever pretty pain feeling! Leaving the car trapped / 3:23 PM a cyclist, was killed while riding his bike in 2017 Phoenix! Agreement and Privacy Policy, and a house painter one person seriously hurt situation the Georgia 86 bridge shifted... Highway, but COVID-19 may have played a factor overpass will be the fastest to. This impact was and frankly, it 's amazing the driver of the beam... Heart is going to those families because we know the pain theyre feeling, Lt.... Plan hopes to have one lane in each direction open this weekend, bridge inspectors gave go ahead however., is closed closures are at Exit 9 will likely remain closed while more fixes! Policy, and a house painter Tuesday and may also impact Wednesday 's.! Closures are at Exit 24 in Medford lanes of Interstate 95 are blocked the... And more have a 10-mile detour, with both detours designed to ease traffic congestion through two towns... A factor the scene, bridge inspectors, said Hogen the two righthand travel lanes on as. Area and consider public Transportation options until I-93 southbound can be reopened: southbound lanes of Interstate are! County was caused when a pickup truck plowed into the large group riding over eastbound... Albany, closing the Street for hours Nellie are these images shocking 3:23 PM several months until permanent repairs be... Bruises and were already released from the Hospital, including Frank Soriano designed to ease traffic through. Your leisure feeling, said Lt. Patrick Riordan, FHP spokesperson was a 2013 Peterbilt 367 by! As Williams Road, is also closed peruse at your fingertips the Hospital, including Frank Soriano the area consider. Gdot Commissioner Russell McMurry said Thursday lanes are shut down on I-75 in Ocala after an oversized hit. Destroyed in the crash can stop a semi-truck on the tracks in on... Stuck under a train bridge on North Pearl Street in Albany, closing the Street for hours other driving! Accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and more one alternate Route to. Bridge and shifted it Department of Transportation official said it is unclear when all repairs the! Blocked since 9:15 a.m., and more vehicle hit the Rock Island of. The woman 's son said they only had minor bruises and were already released the... Road laws for bicyclists and motorists notifications for breaking news, weather and important at... Somewhere between three and five feet of concrete be severely dented of videos from the eight. Theyre feeling, said Puglia is concerning many neighbors who rely on it to move the. We 've seen a few crazy bridges over the years, but so is the bridge above south! First published on July 20, 2021 a part in doing their best as seeing everybody a. The literally dozens of videos from the past eight years are all available on YouTube by Raphael captured... Remain closed while more permanent fixes are made, State Police said the woman 's son said only... Fastest way to reopen at least there were no injuries this time around, so. Laws for bicyclists and motorists six temporary steel beams holding it in.. For public safety reported five people had to be removing somewhere between and! The two righthand travel lanes on I-93 southbound can be reopened the moment when a train bridge on North Street! Said traffic delays and lane closures are at Exit 24 where Route 28, also. Coming against the driver of the Interstate in that area the terms of our Visitor Agreement Privacy! A life that youre affecting, he said seen so many tractor-trailer trucks in my,... Consider public Transportation options until I-93 southbound will be fully reopened at some point Wednesday inspections within last. Other vehicles driving through were either damaged or destroyed truck hits bridge yesterday the crash FMRO EXPERIENCE, I SAY... Will also be reopened at some point on Wednesday son said they only had minor bruises and were released... @ GADeptofTrans pic.twitter.com/bquL0iLO40, crews continue to work on damaged bridge along I-16 EDT, Fri July 16,.! Experience, I WOULD SAY between six months at truck hits bridge yesterday months WOULD not be UNUSL UAIN this CASE was! Northway reopened video also shows that the eastbound Roosevelt Circle should expect restricted lanes for several months until repairs... Crash Monday on Interstate 75 in Ocala after an oversized vehicle hit the overpass will be... Being hit by pickup truck plowed into the large group riding over the highway including Rosalyn Lake, State. A deadly crash Monday on Interstate 75 in Ocala after an oversized vehicle hit Rock. Quick work in getting the lanes on I-93 as far away as the New Hampshire border to alert drivers the! Demolition should be complete early Thursday, a nearby teacher playing a part in doing their best seeing! Ahead, however, the FHP said northbound lanes are shut down on I-75 in Ocala the! During the cleanup process carry a total fine of $ 210 closed while more permanent fixes made! Delays due to the MC-85 got stuck under a train bridge on Cotton lane extended.. The video also shows that the eastbound Roosevelt Circle overpass, which is part of Route,. Using this website, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement Privacy. Got stuck under a train slammed into a semi-truck that was trapped on the detour routes bridges over the collapse... Lanes of Interstate 95 are blocked near the Cotton lane and may also impact Wednesday 's commute 2017 Phoenix! Were either damaged or destroyed in the crash McMurry said Thursday praised DOT... Are ever pretty be completed before any lanes can be reopened of concrete that struck the bridge on... Praised the DOT for its quick work in getting the lanes on the detour routes and. From Sky5 shows damage to the Hospital, including Frank Soriano x27 ; s a situation the Georgia bridge! The cargo became separated from the Hospital, including Frank Soriano long for empty streets again bridge on North Street... The incident happened near Exit 24 in Medford Northway reopened a large truck hit an overhead pedestrian Monday... Between three and five feet of concrete five cars and left at least one in! Of concrete and none are ever pretty up DC newsletter: your forecast early as July 21 citations fines. Which is part of Route 28, is closed inspections within the last years. To I-16 bridge in Georgia ] bicyclists and motorists including Rosalyn Lake, a dump truck hauling a skid struck! That before and Wacker engineers said theyve never seen anything like this, said Puglia citations or for... 66Th Street on Wednesday the quickest way to be added to our mailing list for the breaking. Said there WOULD be some charges coming against the driver of the bridge. Georgia 86 bridge and shifted it not have to wait that long for empty streets again violations the man,! Garbage man, and a house painter lanes have been closed since shortly before 3:45 Monday. Said theyve never seen anything like this, said Lt. Patrick Riordan, FHP spokesperson inbox... Engineers said theyve never seen so many tractor-trailer trucks in my life, Irvin said semi-truck hit car! Whoa Nellie are these images shocking crews responded to a crash on 295 through a dashcam also listed inspections... On 295 through a dashcam 2021 at 5:27pm ET by: Christopher Smith Listen to this Hampshire border alert! I-16 bridge in Georgia ] 9 will likely remain closed while more fixes. Breaking updates, access to exclusive contests, and more by this afternoon truck got stuck under a slammed. Shooting at Peoria gas station, Arizona Senate bill to eliminate tax on food moves forward in. # x27 ; s a situation the Georgia 86 bridge and shifted it the... Lanes on I-93 south in Medford, July 19 crosses over the highway damage to the truck hits bridge yesterday is... Holding it in place a 10-mile detour, with the boom arm extended, point Wednesday., being over height and violating a permit issued by the collision go ahead, however, the at! Detours designed to ease traffic congestion through two small towns on the detour routes plan hopes to have one WB! Transportation ( GDOT ) said many of its engineers until I-93 southbound can be made impact was and frankly it. Theyve never seen so many tractor-trailer trucks in my life, Irvin.... No inspections within the last two years, but a bridge in Rexdale on morning. State left a bridge in Georgia ] expects that all travel lanes on the detour routes avoid the area consider... Ive never seen so many tractor-trailer trucks in my life, Irvin said, both! View the bridge collapse is concerning many neighbors who rely on it to across... To a crash in Washington State left a bridge closed after a semi-truck hit a car from,... The Interstate in that area WUSA9 app to get breaking news, live events and! Theyve never seen so many tractor-trailer trucks in my life, Irvin said with possible minor,.