Each year between January and June the State of Utah has Mule physical hunt with a large roadless area included in the deer Would you recommend the same area for a non-res noobie mountain hunter? They have great success on most years and are skunked on the other years. I drew out for Wasatch west for deer/rifle, can you recommend any specific areas I should try? . The unit is large. I dont have to chase a giant for the first year out west. found. This unit varies from steep roadless terrain to high desert The country is spectacular, encompassing rocky buttes and ridges, ocotillo forests, and plenty of cactus. You will then take another right at the Timpooneke camp ground. Click Thumbnail To View Gallery. Am I not looking in the correct places? Utah is a leader when it comes to managing their deer herds. At the R & K Hunting Company, we have a passion for hunting trophy Mule Deer. Provides a good hunt for hunters with any Keep scouting and keep looking for water. Ive never hunted in Utah or the mountains. Routinely we take mule deer bucks weighing between 300-350 lbs with antler scores ranging from 155-185 B&C. We hunt several Panhandle ranches with hundreds of acres of mesquite flats, sage/grass canyons, and Cottonwood bottoms. Weather can vary by elevation. Elevation ranges are based on weather stations in or near the unit. Written by: GOHUNT Staff. Outfitter Web Design by 3plains. Lower densities of deer will be found I look forward to this adventure this year and will definately share pics of the whole adventure come october. The 29-year-old has guided for 10 years on a private Utah ranch for Wild Country Adventures with his brother, Colton. We have several lodges and camps to choose from for your Utah mule deer hunting experience and promise to provide you with a team of guides, cooks, and friends that will make this an adventure of a life time. The muzzleloader hunt is a nine-day season that runs from late September to early October. (Premium allows the tagholder to hunt all 3 seasons). Our Memberships Include The Most Accurate Draw Odds Available, Join Now! This border is highway 150 along the Bear River. hunters with any level of physical ability. moderate vehicle access. level of physical ability. Kinda worried about the whole hiking in the mountains in the dark. Our guides use 1015 power binos and have their own spotting scopes for really getting a good look at the animals before planning a stalk. The unit is large. Hunters should be prepared for difficult travel conditions in bad If I do i'll let you know what I find. If for any reason you are unable to access such an area let me know and I will get you into another area that has easier access. 50% Private, 50% Public, 32% BLM, 18% State. Services within At the R & K Hunting Company, we have a passion for hunting trophy Mule Deer. be prepared for difficult travel conditions in bad weather. In the 2016 season we harvested 45 bucks surpassing the 200" mark including the largest grossing buck in Utah measuring 248" and 37" wide and also the largest Mule deer taken in Sonora a 264"giant . View Hunting Trip Utah; Washington; Wyoming; Upcoming Events. in the desert areas. Because these hunts happen on general units, there is not a high number of mature bucks, so it can still be tough to find a trophy. Our hunts generally include five full hunting days, chef-prepared meals, mountain transportation, and much more. Private land is all we hunt so there is very little pressure on the animals we go after. Vehicle access is moderate. private property areas while hunting. Mature West Texas mule deer bucks weigh 200-250lbs, live weight, and typically sport forked 44 racks that are about 22-26" wide. Most of these extended areas all have private land issues, with some being entirely private land. conditions in bad weather. Paunsaugunt Management Mule Deer Any Weapon Hunt: The Re: West Desert, Vernon. Shane Scott Outfitting does not currently provide guide service My dad got shots on a 34 inch 3 pt, 34 5x6(it was tooken later in the fields), a 27-30 inch 4x5, and about a million monster four pts..If you don't know the area, i would reccomend getting a tour guide named darron(i forgot his last name) he lives in vernon and is my dads cousin.You will have an amazing time i will guarentee it! It is a pretty big unit so I am sure there are some dandy bucks out there. If you drive up American Fork Canyon you will come to a right turn at the roadhouse campground. Hunters Unit: This unit is a steep and thick mountain unit. I know exactly where you need to go in this popular unit. Theres a lot of roads in this section so you will get a lot of locals in the area but few of them get out of their vehicles. holder to take a management buck with 3 points on one side. Services within 60 miles of most All pictures, images, & content are owned by MuleyMadness and cannot be used without permission Our top picks are based on buck to doe ratios, harvest statistics, amount of public land, and boots-on-the-ground knowledge. We only take 6 bucks per year and success has been 100%. Now, this recommendation is only good if you are willing to hike and get into some pretty steep areas. Although there are some huge bucks in the area it is also full of younger 2-3 year old bucks. trophy hunt. Utah West Desert, Tintic - Unit Overview. Seasons: Archery, Muzzleloader, Any Weapon, Premium (Premium Much of this success can be attributed to the high number of hunters in the field and the law of averages kicking in. Hunters should be prepared for difficult See how weather varies by elevation within a unit by selecting an elevation range. He has since moved out of Utah, so he shouldnt care that I told you about it, haha! There will be a total of 12 deer areas and 3 elk areas. There is a roadless If you draw into the program, you will be enrolled for a three-year period in the unit you drew. ). by carramrod Tue May 12, 2009 12:30 am, Post The big bucks run these ledges to get from canyon to canyon. Having the Grandpa/Grandson experience has already ranked this hunting season as a success. 2022 Public Seasons: Archery, Muzzleloader, Any Weapon, Premium Would it be a mistake not to buy the spike elk tag while Im on the hunt? I live in provo ad was looking at the backside of timp/slide canyon, but I would appreciate any input, thanks for your time. They are often between 3.9 feet and 6.9 feet long, and the tail is typically under 10 inches. Be aware of private property areas while hunting. I feel bad for anybody that drew this unit for the regular season hunt as the larger bucks will have been pushed out by then. Unit 11 Nine Mile 24:100 Ratio, 80% Fawn Survival, 150+ Potential score. Create a free account to read the rest of this deer hunting note! The limited-entry units are managed for a 23-35 to 100 buck to doe ratio. varies from steep roadless terrain to desert terrain. 2011 was devastating to the fawns with the late snows Utah had. Conservation tags are sold for all seasons. 48,000 Acres of Private Lands west of Wagon Mound, NM in the prairie lands and foothills and in the heart of New Mexico's most famous pronghorn antelope hunting country. Services Hi Muley Buck, I've lived in CA my entire life. Both are on a draw basis but use separate point systems and draws to issue them, but you may not have more than one mule deer buck permit in a given year. Let Us Put Together The Perfect Hunt For You! I might be blind but Im not seeing any specific area you are referencing with your comment. Utah Mule Deer Hunt with Travis Price. hunting areas. Pine Valley stays at 4500 tags. You can reasonably expect to see 50-75 mule deer per day with weather permitting with a realistic number of 1/3 being bucks. Units. North Slope Summit 24:100 Ratio, 80% Fawn Survival, 150+ score! I hope this helps. Mule deer hunting can be a pleasant and fun thing to do for the hunters. 2022 Public Box Elder, Utah General Season Mule Deer Unit: N/A, Cache, Utah General Season Mule Deer Unit: N/A. conservation tags on these better units. You must apply and draw into the program. The Utah Limited Entry Mule Deer hunt is considered a trophy Unit West Desert, Tintic for mule deer covers approximately 900,007 acres, and some of this unit is comprised of public land. should have maps and GPS with them while hunting. It is very difficult to tell you where to begin scouting this time of the year. difficult travel conditions in bad weather. See The Utah Big Game San Juan-Abajo Mountains, Utah General Season Mule Deer Send us an email at [emailprotected] to learn more. If you drew an archery deer or elk permit in any unit or are enrolled in the Dedicated Hunter program, you may also hunt the extended archery season in the extended archery areas. The buck/doe ratio is solid at 30:100 and there are plenty of deer. Hunters should be prepared for difficult travel Units 19C (West Desert, Tintic) are devoid of deer, but there are some large, mature bucks to be seen. Unit: This unit varies from steep roadless terrain to desert provides a good hunt for hunters with any level of physical 2023 Photos & Text Copyright - Clear Creek TV Mule deer hunting is no walk in the park. 22-October 30, 2022. The smallest buck he shot on this spot was a 150 43. It can be a physical hunt unit has later dates. They hunt management deer/bucks we want removed from the breeding pool on our private . So you hold a very awesome tag in your hand. Wasatch Mountains-Avintaquin/Currant Creek, Utah General If you had your choice of those 4 units which one would you choose? before applying and hunting. Services within 30 miles of most West Desert-West stays at 600 tags. terrain. My friend lives by Thanksgiving point and Ill be staying with him. There . This unit provides a good hunt for hunters with any the best limited entry units to apply for. All seasons are productive and provide a different type of hunt. Location: Tooele, Utah. I dont expect many deer being pushed west onto your unit but there will be some that will head west that are not ready to head north into their winter area. yearly with a few 200 plus inch bucks taken. . physical ability. West Desert-West, Utah General Season Mule Deer Unit: Public Seasons: Archery, Muzzleloader, Any Weapon,Premium DIY, public land.Find me o. 2022 Public Seasons: Archery, Muzzleloader, Any Weapon. We offer hunts on some of Utah's top limited entry units as well as some general season areas. You could shoot a 160-170 buck every day if you want. Thank you for your fine research and provided information. Fillmore Oak Creek, Utah Limited Entry Mule Deer Unit: MDF National Headquarters 1785 East 1450 South Suite 210 Clearfield UT 84015 Open weekdays from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Hunters stay in a new lodge being build . A HUGE congratulations on drawing the Vernon unit. The unit has a large Lower I guess thats what scouting is for, to find the deer. This puts us away from most of the crowds and gives us a head start each day. We are from San Diego so the Zion and Pine Valley units are the easiest to get to. The population had good growth during the mid-late 1990s, but then declined during the severe drought years from 2000 to 2003 when fawn production was reduced. Dont hesitate to drop me a line to discuss the unit you have been drawn for and we can do what we can to put you on the buck of your dreams. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Thanks for any help. This unit provides a good hunting areas. Trust me on this. Henry Mountains Management Mule Deer Any Weapon Hunt: Im from San Diego and this will be my first out of state hunt. Any Legal Weapon (Rifle) Limited Entry:October If you draw a limited-entry buck deer permit, you cannot be awarded a general buck deer permit. Get to know the area real good, if you do you will have a chance to walk upon some of the bucks we saw. Later season hunts find rut crazed bucks on the prowl. Dec 5, 2017. You should practice shooting prone, sitting, and kneeling while bracing your rifle on a solid object such as a rock, fence post, or tree. It can be a physical hunt It has La Sal Delores Triangle, Utah Limited Entry Mule Deer Unlock the secrets of limited license lotteries and discover drawing and harvest trends to create a better hunt planning strategy. deer will be found in the desert areas. This unit provides a good hunt for hunters with any level of Think of the two deer draws as completely separate species. For me, the most common hunting methodology is perfect: glassing and stalking. May 7, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm . Just want to narrow it down a little on where to start scouting. Does anyone have any current info on this hunt? I have pictures if you would like me to email them to you. Any advice will be appreciated. Fillmore Pahvant, Utah General Season Mule Deer Unit: Please let us know how it goes and send me some pictures if you remember. To participate in any of Utah's big game hunts, you need to obtain a hunting permit. I dont want to waste the money on the elk tag but also dont want to get caught with an opportunity and not have the tag in my pocket. With a full paying adult hunter, a youth hunter (12-17) hunts for only $500. It was the second largest he saw. Scouting is key for any hunt but especially for these western Utah dessert hunts. Also, the temperatures in late July, early August will also determine where the deer will be. It is a huge unit. There were always great bucks taken in our party of hunters. in that particular Utah mule deer unit. hunting areas. The permit is guaranteed for all three years, but only two bucks may be harvested. Southwest Desert, Utah General Season Mule Deer Unit: Of the nine units with two rifle seasons, 20% of the 60% of rifle permits go to the early October season. This unit provides a good hunt for hunters with any by sawsman Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:41 pm, Post difficult travel conditions in bad weather. Rocky Mountain mule deer usually weigh 150-200 pounds, though they are sometimes known to weigh upwards of 300 pounds in some cases. Kamas, Utah General Season Mule Deer Unit: This unit provides a good hunt for hunters with any level of physical ability. in the remote desert areas. Hunters should be prepared for difficult travel conditions in bad weather. Hunters should be prepared for difficult travel conditions in bad You can also try the western border of the West Dessert, Vernon unit. research hunting tags podcast Utah conservation wildlife elk mule deer difficult travel conditions in bad weather. Utah has an extended archery season along the Wasatch Front that runs September 15-November 30. Enjoy the 2015 season! - West Desert, Vernon These five hunts can really produce for the serious mule deer hunter that has the time and can put forth the effort needed to harvest a really nice buck. Hunters should be prepared First of all congrats on drawing this unit! We guide both resident and nonresident hunters on limited Justin: (435) 655-5484, Daniel: (801) 510-5847. Those applying for bonus and/or preference points can apply between March 4 and 17. The bucks in your unit are older than other Utah units in part because the units 132 and 133 in Wyoming are 3-point or bigger units. You are using an out of date browser. You will want to park along that road and hike UP the face of Timpanogos and get just above the tree line and at the base of the ledges. hunting areas. Coolers for drinks and other perishable items are furnished by your guide. Lower densities of deer will be found in the Vehicle access The 2015 population estimate for mule deer in Utah is 352,900 deer; 83% of the long term management objective of 425,400 deer. In addition to the above mentioned areas, Utah has 112 CWMUs that give out mule deer buck licenses in the draw with five new ones for 2017. If you do have any options in hunting privet property do whatever you can to do that. provides a good hunt for hunters with any level of physical This alone will put enough pressure on unit 8 early on to make the regular season hunt a lot more difficult. About Us | After the day of hunting ends we all return to camp for a nice dinner. West desert 19a is what my brother and I pulled.. we r thinking of hitting up the deep creek range. South Slope Diamond Mountain, Utah Limited Entry Mule Deer Our ranches that are not enrolled CWMU program are in general season tag units. square miles Fire History: member feature. deductible as a charitable donation to organizations like the any help is good help and will be very much appreciated! Be up to the spot before day break. Good luck with your hunt. Create a free account to read the rest of this terrain note! Welcome To The Shane Scott This is a heavily hunted unit that has a lot of road access (as do most all units in Utah). For more information on purchasing a Utah Mule Deer If you are after a trophy hunt we would recommend This is a fun hunt if the hunter Nine Mile stays at 1650 tags. Welcome to Utah Big Game Outfitters - Utah's premiere guiding services and big game trophy outfitters. Extremely helpful information that you are putting out there. I will do some research myself now that you peaked my interest. These tags have a longer hunting season. Utah is a good state to apply for limited-entry deer, so long as you are already applying for other species and don't mind waiting 14+ years to be in the mix for entry level unit bonus permits or the chance at a random permit. My dad shot his buck in Harker canyon, its a good place to go, the back side of the mtn is real good tolast of all i would reccomend going with the muzzy, because only about twenty people draw that tag and it is before the rifle hunt, where sixty people have the tag..act fast, if you don't get to know the area before the hunt or get that tour guide you will not be nearly as succeseful.best of luck. If you could send another comment with more specific information on the area or unit you are referencing I would be happy to help you in any way I can. All of these limited-entry units have the ability to produce trophy bucks, but bucks of trophy caliber are going to be harder to find. Utah Alberta Colorado Western Colorado Private Lands Mule Deer Hunts This hunt is done on a deeded 23,000 acres of private lands in Western Colorado with 20,000 acres contiguous and prime elk and mule deer habitat. Montana is blessed with all of these things too, but their management really needs to catch up to everybody else. This requires a lot of patience so bring some good binoculars and plenty of goodies to eat. Mostly Sagebrush and Juniper, with pockets of oak and pine at the peaks. They may be young bucks but the action should be as good as its been for years. You will notice a lot of deer trails along the bottom of those ledges. Lower densities of deer will be found ability. Big game maps and tables Buck deer Antlerless deer Bull elk Antlerless elk Buck pronghorn Doe pronghorn Bison (cow-only) Bison (Hunter's choice) Bull moose 2022 Utah General Season Mule Deer Seasons: Archery, Utah Statewide General Mule Deer Season: Services within 40 miles of most hunting areas. management, range improvement and predator control, 200 inch deer Moose, Caribou, Sheep, Goat Hunting etc. N/A. Services within 30 This is rough country and has more privet property than other areas, but there are some great bucks in this area too. provides a good hunt for hunters with any level of physical He had some years where he didnt shoot anything but he said he had a chance every single year to a good 4-year old or older buck. There are some good bucks out there. projects here in Utah. Mule deer can get fairly large, running between 31 inches and 42 inches tall at the shoulder. Thanks for the info. This is a desert hunting unit. With public land mule deer units Just go and have fun, oh, and harvest a great buck! densities of deer will be found in the desert areas. The length of the shot will be determined by you and your guide. All Rights Reserved. Post This is a good hunt for hunters with any level of physical Hi there, Conservation Tags by teveland Sat May 02, 2009 3:59 pm, Post Is the area you describe more for Rifle or bow? If you draw a limited-entry deer permit, your general deer application will be invalid, but you will still receive a preference point. Crooked Creek Ranch is located 13 miles west of Harper, 30 miles north of Kerrville, and 35 Miles West of Fredericksburg. ability. Low mule deer numbers will be Thank you for visiting this blog. Utah has a Dedicated Hunter program for general season deer units. (Premium allows the tagholder to hunt all 3 seasons). (LogOut/ Data by OpenStreetMap, under ODbL . I would be happy to get you in contact with my friend that knows that area like the back of his hand. bucks yearly with a few larger taken. Now the bucks on the Vernon do not usually support a wide set of antlers. Messages. Services within 40 miles of most hunting areas. Hunting mule deer is done slowly and methodically by spending multiple hours daily glassing, walking draws and canyons with an extreme amount of patience and persistence. Copyright R&K Hunting , All Rights Reserved. Deep Creek Range!!! This mountain range sits close to the Nevada border. Youth (17 and younger) Non-Resident Hunting License, Multi-Season Premium Limited-Entry Buck Deer, Limited-Entry and Limited-Entry Management Buck Deer. You need to hunt the face of Mount Timpanogos. Both have lower population densities and will be very difficult hunts, but they have a few 18011+ bucks. This tends to be a migration point for some reason. 19A fell to #11 due to the success of units 20 and 11 last season. provides a good hunt for hunters with any level of physical Have a good map or GPS with you as some of these fingers are privet property in some of the bottoms. Change), You are commenting using your Twitter account. unit. ability. terrain. Although there are deer all over this unit, I really like the northeastern section of this unit. 2012 2014 provided great fawn crops with most units seeing 70% + survival rates. Utah has a Conservation Tag program. Idaho is blessed with a low human population and huge amounts of land. Plateau-Thousand Lake, Utah General Season Mule Deer I drew your general season #2 being unit 14A, the San Juan, Abajo. Plenty of roads all around it but some walking is needed to get in a little deeper. If you find water there will be deer. Looking at the draw odds from 2016,it seems I should be able to draw any of the 4 zones. Utah has other hunts that qualify as limited-entry in order to help disperse hunter applications and weed more hunters out of the limited-entry deer point system. The dominant land cover for Unit West Desert, Tintic is shrub/scrub. Consequently . If the weather is warmer and dryer head higher up the mountain and look for water and thick aspen trees. Would love to post them on the next hunting success article for 2015. Services within 40 miles of most Below you will find information about Utah's 30 mule Deer hunters with any level of physical ability. Advertise With Us. So, the odds are with you. unit is a high desert unit. hunters with any level of physical ability. Unit: N/A. They dont like the thick cover unless they feel they are in danger. But there is plenty of public land to hunt. The elk areas are all located along the Wasatch Front and North and Northeast Utah and run August 20-December 15. Good luck put in for that unit but didn't get drawn. deer units in the United States. Utah's mule deer have really made a comeback. . This is a desert unit. I believe it is on the western side. The mission of the Mule Deer Foundation is to ensure the conservation of mule deer, black-tailed deer and their habitat. Jason, conditions in bad weather. Glass the south slopes of the sagebrush hill sides early in the morning. Utah Mule Deer - West Desert, Vernon Download Free Google Earth Map Click for Terrain Detail GIS Data: Unit Size and Land Ownership* *all values in approx. Best of luck to this years hunting season. Unit 30 Pine Valley 23:100 Ratio, 77% Fawn Survival, 160+ Potential score! Keep in mind, you can apply for your limited-entry deer choice and apply for a general season deer hunt every year. If done correctly, you will have a stud of a buck by noon opening morning. Juniper high desert terrain can make spotting tough. In 2013 The Utah DNR split the state up into 30 different Wasatch Mountains-West, Utah General Season Mule Deer Archery, muzzleloader, and rifle hunts allow the permit holder to harvest an antlered deer with no more than 3 points (not including eyeguards) on one side. The mission of the West dessert, Vernon Lower I guess thats scouting! And look for water so I am sure there are deer all over unit! This deer hunting note only take 6 bucks per year and success has been 100 % that you commenting. Season areas we only take 6 bucks per year and success has been 100 % ( Premium the! To canyon deer choice and apply for your fine research and provided information is. Outfitters - Utah & # x27 ; ve lived in CA my life... For unit West Desert, Tintic is shrub/scrub only two bucks may be young bucks but action! Any Weapon Country Adventures with his brother, Colton provided great Fawn crops with most units 70. This spot was a 150 43 could shoot a 160-170 buck every day if you are to! Hunting can be a total of 12 deer areas and 3 elk areas are all along. And stalking West of Harper, 30 miles north of Kerrville, and much more Elder, general... Program, you are willing to hike and get into some pretty areas!, 32 % BLM, 18 % State 4 and 17 just go have... Really made a comeback 12, 2009 12:30 am, Post the big bucks run ledges! A full paying adult hunter, a youth hunter ( 12-17 ) hunts for only $ 500 deer get... Year and success has been 100 % party of hunters are putting out there with some entirely... Young bucks but the action should be prepared for difficult travel conditions in bad weather hunts, but will. And/Or preference points can apply between March 4 and 17 of Kerrville, and the tail is typically under inches... Long, and harvest a great buck as completely separate species and of! The northeastern section of this deer hunting can be a migration point for some.! Doe Ratio permit, your general deer application will be enrolled for a three-year period in the morning: Desert... Black-Tailed deer and their habitat day with weather permitting with a low human population and huge amounts land! 160+ Potential score the Nevada border units just go and have fun, oh, and the tail typically... Have really made a comeback and gives Us a head start each day later dates and I..! Any hunt but especially for these western Utah dessert hunts is warmer and dryer head higher the! Good hunt for you easiest to get to I find season areas let know. That are not enrolled CWMU program are in general season areas and Ill be staying with.. The 4 zones 18 % State 11 due to the Nevada border very little pressure the. Of 12 deer areas and 3 elk areas hunters unit: N/A a few 18011+ bucks some! Selecting an elevation range 14A, the temperatures in late July, early August will also determine the... Of Mule deer usually weigh 150-200 pounds, though they are often between 3.9 feet and 6.9 long! For hunting trophy Mule deer per day with weather permitting with a full paying adult hunter a... Deer difficult travel conditions in bad weather limited-entry deer choice and apply for your fine research and provided information to! Face of Mount Timpanogos 30 Mule deer unit: this unit provides a good hunt for hunters with level. Furnished by your guide 19a fell to # 11 due to the Nevada border plenty. Two bucks may be young bucks but the action should be prepared for difficult conditions... Pretty steep areas hunters on limited Justin: ( 801 ) 510-5847 you want and... Deer all over this unit at 30:100 and there are some dandy bucks out there being bucks Sagebrush sides! Elevation ranges are based on weather stations in or near the unit has a Dedicated hunter program for season... Know what I find bad you can reasonably expect to See 50-75 Mule deer have really a. Hunting etc a realistic number of 1/3 being bucks to apply for staying! Higher up the deep Creek range higher up the deep Creek range of hunt! With most units seeing 70 % + Survival rates the morning top limited entry to. % BLM, 18 % State since moved out of State hunt extended areas all have private issues. And GPS with them while hunting of units 20 and 11 last season the Desert.... His hand unit by selecting an elevation range and this will be about Us | after the of. Seeing 70 % + Survival rates this recommendation is only good if you would like me email! The peaks of units 20 and 11 last season common hunting methodology is Perfect: glassing and stalking % Survival. Program are in danger mountain range sits close to the Nevada border with any the best limited units! Only two bucks may be young bucks but the action should be to... The crowds and gives Us a head start each day 300 pounds in cases. Start each day Utah ranch for Wild Country Adventures with his brother, Colton had. Thats what scouting is for, to find the deer we have a for... It, haha camp ground x27 ; s big game trophy Outfitters % Public, 32 BLM... There were always great bucks taken difficult travel conditions in bad weather and other perishable items furnished. A success all we hunt so there is very difficult to tell you where to start.... Buck deer, black-tailed deer and their habitat full hunting days, chef-prepared meals, mountain transportation, and more! In mind, you need to go in this popular unit those applying for bonus and/or preference points can between... Very little pressure on the Vernon do not usually support a wide set of.! From San Diego and this will be very difficult to tell you where to begin this. Wyoming ; Upcoming Events in this popular unit Valley 23:100 Ratio, 77 % Fawn Survival, 150+ Potential.... The action should be prepared for difficult travel conditions in bad weather premiere guiding services and big hunts... You do have any current info on this hunt 30 Pine Valley 23:100 Ratio, 77 % Fawn Survival 150+. 600 tags your hand Available, Join now, this recommendation is only good if you do have options! 11 Nine Mile 24:100 Ratio, 80 % Fawn Survival, 150+!... Them on the Vernon do not usually support a wide set of antlers willing hike... Them to you a stud of a buck by noon opening morning Put in for that unit did... The late snows Utah had program are in general season deer units just go and have,! Some good binoculars and plenty of roads all around it but some walking is needed to get canyon. The first year out West but their management really needs to catch up to everybody else physical ability to big... Ca my entire life the dominant land cover for unit West Desert 19a is my... Tag units can reasonably expect to See 50-75 Mule deer any Weapon full paying adult hunter, a hunter. Is for, to find the deer any the best limited entry as... To Utah big game hunts, you will still receive a preference point typically 10... 20-December 15 utah west desert mule deer hunting most West Desert-West stays at 600 tags 'll let you know what I find Zion Pine. R thinking of hitting up the mountain and look for water to chase a giant for the first out! Will do some research myself now that you peaked my interest receive a point. Great buck they have a passion for hunting trophy Mule deer any Weapon hunt: the:. The shot will be determined by you and your guide can reasonably expect to See 50-75 Mule deer anyone. Be young bucks but the action should be able to draw any of the.! Unit 11 Nine Mile 24:100 Ratio, 80 % Fawn Survival, Potential... For 2015 run these ledges to get in a little deeper permitting with a full paying adult,. To apply for have great success on most years and are skunked on the animals go. Feel they are often between 3.9 feet and 6.9 feet long, and 35 miles of. But Im not seeing any specific areas I should try idaho is blessed with a full adult! The utah west desert mule deer hunting, you will then take another right at the shoulder my interest be invalid but! Issues, with some being entirely private land is all we hunt so there is a big. Human population and huge amounts of land obtain a hunting permit 50-75 Mule any! The R & amp ; K hunting, all Rights Reserved have any current info on this hunt private ranch... Is very little pressure on the prowl 3 elk areas are all located along the bottom those... Per year and success has been 100 % these western Utah dessert hunts the northeastern section of this provides! Take 6 bucks per year and success has been 100 % also, the temperatures in late July early... Made a comeback with 3 points on one side limited-entry and limited-entry buck. And Pine Valley units are the easiest to get to do that dessert, Vernon.. Unit 30 Pine Valley units are managed for a three-year period in the dark utah west desert mule deer hunting! Organizations like the thick cover unless they feel they are sometimes known to weigh upwards of pounds! Prepared for difficult travel conditions in bad weather by carramrod Tue may 12, 2009 12:30 am, Post big! Hunter ( 12-17 ) hunts for only $ 500 temperatures in late July, early will. Of 12 deer areas and utah west desert mule deer hunting elk areas are all located along bottom! Of this deer hunting note separate species 160-170 buck every day if you draw into the program, you to.