Early in the investigation, a number of people including Chris Brown told police they should look into another person -- Houks ex-boyfriend of six years, Adam Harvey. Meanwhile, officers also went to Mohawk Elementary School to speak to Jenessa and Jordan. Both she and her unborn son died as a result of the attack. Pennsylvania State Police found a spent shotgun shell near the path Brown walked with Houk's older daughter to get to their school bus. In fact, the prosecutions forensics expert had testified that these particles can be transferred. The Jordan Brown case. ???? Of course a killer is going to say I didnt kill her, and of course a violent man who would kill his pregnant ex would be raised by an equally violent man who would have no problem providing an alibi for his son. Judge Hodge adjudicated the now-15-year-old Jordan Brown to be delinquent (the juvenile court equivalent of a guilty verdict). Yes kids will add to their story but that is because of their recollection process but adults do too. I was so young. The state Attorney General prosecutor asserted that Houk was killed by a youth-model Harrington & Richardson 20-gauge shotgun, a Christmas gift to Jordan from his father. Went to school.. But, with my years of interviewing people-- he was crying for her.. "It was Adam Harvey, after all, who had been engaged in a bitter paternity and child-support battle with Kenzie and who, after paying for the support of Kenzies youngest daughter Adalynn for years, discovered through DNA testing that Adalynn is not his daughter afteralland that Kenzie had not been honest with him in more ways than one. It was one of a half dozen incorrect characterizations in the summary that were not in the transcript, Wright said. Chicago Bulls' Michael Jordan serves his father, James, a slice of birthday cake as his mother, Doloris, watches during a party for Jordan's 26th birthday in Chicago, on Feb. 17, 1989. By using this website, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices. Part of me wants to get into a line of work to help kids or just people in general to prevent the injustices before they happen or at least after they happen, trying to correct them., 2023 Trib Total Media | All Rights Reserved, Railroads urged to examine track detectors after Ohio crash, Historically mild February leaves Pittsburgh region with barely a trace of snow, EPA opens office near site of Ohio toxic train derailment, UPMC cites employment costs, pandemic as profits fell in 2022, Gas prices resume fall on worrisome inflation figures, analyst says, Low-calorie sweetener may increase risk of heart attack and stroke, study finds, Vento's Pizza, home of 'Franco's Italian Army,' to close, Heinz offers to buy boat for sailor who survived on ketchup while lost at sea, Pa. Chick-fil-A bans customers under 16 from dining in restaurant without adults, Western Pennsylvania's trusted news source. I am from the area and so it was odd for me to see this case on the "unresolved" forum. Lawsuit claims evidence fabricated in case of man exonerated in pregnant stepmothers murder Lawsuit claims evidence fabricated in case of man exonerated in pregnant stepmothers murder. Police are still confident Jordan Brown did it.. 11 is pretty young to straight up plan and commit a murder like that, perhaps though some here know of other instances. There was a small amount of gun residue on Jordan's jacket, explained by his lawyers as being from a hunt the boy had been on a few days prior. Dr. Todd Grande 1.26M subscribers Subscribe 394K views 1 year ago This video answers the question: Can I analyze the. Houk's 4-year-old daughter alerted nearby tree cutters roughly 45 minutes after Jordan Brown and Houk's 7-year-old daughter got on a school bus. The lawsuit also alleges that troopers failed to completely and properly investigate Houks ex-boyfriend who had threatened her and her family previously, had recently moved to the same area as her and had found out he was not the father of her youngest daughter. I agree, the more I think about the more unlikely it seems. Now 21, Brown, who spent more than seven . A week has passed since Roy Oliver, a Balch Springs police officer, shot his rifle through the window of a car and killed 15-year-old Jordan. It's the totality of the circumstances. >>PREVIOUS STORY: Jordan Browns father speaks out after sons murder conviction overturned. It would be another eight months before Jordan would stand trial for double homicide. In an interview with New Castle News, Elisco addressed potential problems with how the case was investigated. Jordan's mother, Mildred Krause, was just four months pregnant with him when she first entered a courtroom to battle his father, Christopher Brown. Jordan Brown was 11 years old when he was arrested in the 2009 killing of 26-year-old Kenzie Houk and her unborn child in New Beaver. Police also confirmed he had been at work during the shooting, so they quickly eliminated him as a suspect. ", I just read about this case on people.com. Until now. They attempted CPR, but it was too late. Jordans defense lawyers say her timeline means Jordan wasnt there when Houk was killed, but Martin, who worked the case, says after so many years he doesnt find Adalynns account credible. I'm not going to be mad at you. Jordan Brown said he has mixed feelings about what happened to him. Police said she told them she saw Jordan moving his guns that morning. The trial lasted three days. Police called Chris Brown at his job in the shipping department at a local tableware company and asked him to come home immediately. According to the 20/20 episode, there was no blood or tissue on the gun, and the police didn't even dust for fingerprints on the door to the house. Davis's death helped inspire the Black Lives Matter Movement and contributed to the national debate Read MoreJordan Russell Davis (1995-2012) Love is the desire to see unneces Her unborn son died as well. Jordan Browns lawyers announced they would appeal two months after his conviction. Jordan is the prime suspect in the 2009 murder of his father's 26 year-old fianc, Kenzie Houk, who was also 8 months pregnant at the time of her death. Dara's mother, 64-year-old Linda McAllister, was shot dead in 2017, and the Hodges' daughter, 23-year-old Jordan Hodge, was convicted of the two murders, along with her boyfriend, 30-year-old . She stood by her confession and . 5 Theories Explain HowCayleeAnthony Really Died. Houks mother Debbie Houk told 20/20, Jordan's a murderer. They found Houk in the bedroom, he said, and thought at first that shed had a medical emergency. I guess the big question is whether the residue on the child speaks to being in the room, or if it speaks to pulling the trigger. He has repeatedly stated in interviews that while he suffers from PTSD, he is committed to turning his life around. The search for her killer ended with the most surprising murder suspect residents of Wampum, Pennsylvania, had ever seen: 11-year-old Jordan Brown, the son of the victim's fianc. Adalynn Houk is seen here in the undated family photo. And I went outside, and I had asked the tree men that were cutting down trees, Do you guys know my grandmas number? And they were like, No. she said. Those law enforcement officers who said that they smelled [that the gun] was recently fired, they conceded that they had no expertise or training, said Jordans attorney Dennis Elisco. Yet we are supposed to believe that an 11 year old kid left no physical evidence while committing a murder and hiding evidence within a few minutes while his sister sits in the other room waiting for him. Awful Details About The 11-Year-Old Boy Who Murdered His Fathers Pregnant Fianc And Why His Conviction Was Just Overturned, overturned the conviction of Jordan Brown, found guilty of first-degree murder and homicide of an unborn child, questioned prosecutors reliance on circumstantial evidence, If Casey Anthony Didn't Kill Her Daughter, Who Did? Houk, 26 and about eight months pregnant with Jordan's little brother, was found dead in her bed by her 4-year-old daughter on Feb. 20, 2009. Naturally, I hugged her . The summary of that interview provided by troopers is changed to claim the woman didnt want her interview used against the boy because she was scared of him. Houk, a hairstylist and a stay-at-home mom, was sleeping in a bedroom downstairs at the time, which was to become Jordans room after the baby was born. So that's what I was going to get.. All I remember was they came and got me at 3:00 in the morning, Jordan Brown said. In the nineteenth century the connection between sexual abuse and homicide was simply not part of . The Jordan Brown case involves Jordan Brown (born August 12, 1997), who was initially charged at 11 as an adult in the fatal shooting of his father's fiance, Kenzie Marie Houk, 26, in New Beaver, Pennsylvania, which occurred on the morning of February 20, 2009. Simpson became the immediate suspect, and seemingly fled from . This is final piece of the puzzle really providing him of his true feeling of innocent, closure put this behind me, Wright said. The blended family seemed to be bonding. The teen was killed on Tuesday around 12:30 . Ill be honest with you, I suffer from PTSD [post-traumatic stress disorder] over this, Chris Brown continued. Just a fifth grader at the time, he said he didnt understand of what he was being accused. Police had tried to speak with Adalynn when they arrived at the house, but reported that she was in a state of shock, and could not provide coherent answers. Were going through hell. Jordan Brown was 11 years old when he was arrested in the 2009 New Beaver, Pennsylvania, killing of 26-year-old Kenzie Houk and her unborn child. Police determined that Houk had been shot in the back of the head. The Lawrence County District Attorney's Office initially filed the charges in adult court because that is required in Pennsylvania homicide cases, regardless of a defendant's age. Jordan Brown's age is 25. As for his stepsisters testimony, she was 7, could very well have felt scared they were going to arrest her so she threw Jordan under the bus, not fully understanding what was going on. The rest of their story: https://people.com/crime/jordan-brown-case-murder-kenzie-houk-interview-after-prison/. 6 New Details About The Woman Who May Have Falsely Accused Emmett Till. Both lawyers also discussed key details about Browns whereabouts. When first responders arrived, Renee claimed her back gave out while she was bathing Lily, causing her to drop the child. The 25-year-old criminal was born in Pennsylvania, United States. And I just remember looking at him thinking, How can this kid have any more hope?. As the conversation petered out, she hugged mea stronger one than usual. And that's when we realized that it was a homicide.. And that made me happy. A juvenile court judge later found Brown guilty of first-degree murder and homicide of an unborn child. RELATED:Latest Updates And News About The Murder Of1stGrader AprilTinsley And The Man Finally Arrested After 30 Years, The content produced by YourTango is for informational and educational purposes only. That seems highly unlikely, added Bongivengo. In a later interview, after investigators told her grandparents they believed Brown killed Houk, the girl said she saw him with guns that morning and heard a bang. I am very curious to see if the 7 year old step sister will ever speak out on what she saw/heard that morning now as an adult. I think has just ruined us [from] ever having closure and the person who did this, and for the person who actually did this to pay for it.". This is a really interesting case. Jade Townsend The case that took 44 years to be solved: Arlis Perry Fatim Hemraj Parents Make Shocking Discovery After 15-Year-Old Girl Sneaks Out to Meet a Strange Man Lioness Rue What Leads a. After some research I do believe he killed her. I just want to be successful. I was standing right at the edge of the doorway, and I remember the coroner saying, as he started to touch the body, We have a problem, Martin said. Her mom said she doesnt care what Browns next step is; she believes he killed her daughter. The arrest of an 11-year-old for murder quickly gained wide media attention, and suddenly Wampum, Pennsylvania, a town with a population of roughly 600 people, had millions of eyes on it. I used to hate it. Jordan Brown was sitting with his stepsister Jenessa in a room adjacent to the room where the victim was sleeping, run upstairs, grab a shotgun, load it with a shotgun shell, walk over to the bed, place that shotgun up against her head, pull that trigger, kill her, somehow manage to wipe whatever-- bodily fluid or blood might have been contained on the end of that gun, take it upstairs, replace it along the wall, remove the shell, run downstairs while her sister presumably was waiting for him in this very small house All without leaving a single clue., All they really arrested him on, largely, was the statement of Jenessa, Elisco said. I still love her. I agree with a lot of the previous comments- the bald cop was way too defensive, the girls story changed and that was ok but his story changed and it meant he was guilty, the ex had all the motive and he said he didnt do it so they said ok. What really gets me though is that grown men who have prior criminal experience commit murders, try and clean up the scene, and still leave physical evidence. Jordan Brown (Shooting of Kenzie Houk) | Did an 11-Year-Old Commit Murder? They also pointed out the lack of an eyewitness or credible forensic evidence as reasons for the decision. Two years ago, Howard County State's Attorney Rich Gibson decided not to charge a Woodbine homeowner who shot and killed a drunken man at his door.The stranger had come to the wrong house . Im from the nearby area also. Jordan said he and Houk had a strong relationship, and he even called her Mom., She was really nice. "Homicide, something of this magnitude was very, very uncommon," Martin said. However, shortly after his birth, Chris attained full custody as his mother fell seriously ill. In her first interview, the girl said she did not hear or see anything unusual, according to the lawsuit. Brown was tried as a juvenile after his lawyers fought a judges original decision to try him as an adult. He is one. The 26-year-old Houk and her unborn baby died Feb. 20, 2009, when she was shot in the New Beaver Borough farmhouse she shared with her daughters, her fianc, Chris Brown, and his son Jordan,. People will believe what they want to believe, but Jordan was innocent. A 7 year old will remember that. [They] put me in the back of the car and they took me to the police barracks. They played a big [role] in, like, keeping my head straight, he said. And the first person that comes to mind was Adam Harvey. In a rare move, the highest court in Pennsylvania ruled that "there was insufficient evidence" to prosecute the case. They also found a 20-gauge shotgun that belonged to Jordan Brown. ", https://wandervogeldiary.wordpress.com/tag/jordan-brown-innocent/. I saw a gentleman in front of me that was crying, said Martin. Two years later that resulted in the July 18, 2018 Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruling. A young Jordan Brown is seen here in this undated family photo. You know, it's just a truck, he told "20/20." He kept shifting and obviously upset. In an exclusive interview with 20/20, she told her own account of what happened that morning of Feb. 20, 2009, and some of it conflicts with the police timeline. It was a whole different world. I'm your dad. And his father needs to get in the mirror every morning and look in that mirror and say, I am the father of a murderer.. The Jordan Brown case involves Jordan Brown (born August 12, 1997), who was initially charged at 11 as an adult in the fatal shooting of his father's fiance, Kenzie Marie Houk, 26, in New Beaver, Pennsylvania, which occurred on the morning of February 20, 2009.Jordan was interviewed by Pennsylvania State Police twice that day and arrested before sunrise the next morning. I just want to graduate college, you know, get a job in my major and, I dont know, just be successful, Jordan Brown said. In my opinion, [it was] jealousy, jealousy of the impending birth, he said. Her family says Adalynn shared bits of her story over the years, but its something neither police nor Jordans defense team have ever heard. And none of us wanted to put handcuffs on an 11-year-old. Shes bawling and crying, Mr. Houk said. On June 13, 2016, more than seven years after his arrest, Jordan Brown was released from juvenile custody, two months before his 19th birthday. Chris Brown said he drove every day, 230 miles roundtrip, to see his son at the center. And on 20/20 Adalynn said she woke up from a loud noise..she answers her moms phone goes to wake her up..she doesnt wake up..she goes outside & the tree trimmers help.. which would have been around 9am.. the other girl per the police reports said it was an ordinary morning. But omg! She told WKBN that Brown has maintained his innocence from the beginning and expressed hopes for his future. He knew the doors were unlocked. It used to bother me all the time. The boy, who was initially charged as an adult, spent . Boy who killed dad's pregnant fiancee to get juvenile review. 20 A pregnant Kenzie Marie Houk, 26, is killed in the New Beaver Borough farmhouse she shared with her daughters Jenessa, 7, and Adalynn, 4 her fianc, Chris Brown, and his son,. Investigators interviewed Houks then 7-year-old daughter, only recording the fourth interview. Jordan. Within a day, Harvey was cleared as a suspect. I dont believe there was gun residue on his hands. The day before Emily was murdered James (age 16 at the time) came to visit her. Houk was found lying in bed in a pool of blood with a shotgun blast to the back of her head, according to court papers. Now, he was losing his son. 21-year-old Jordan Brown talks for the first time about going to jail as a boy for a crime he says he didn't commit in an interview with ABC News' Juju Chang. And with the focus on his sons legal plight, Chris Brown said his grief for the loss of his fiance and their unborn baby had to take a backseat. Her partner and Arthur's father, 29-year-old Thomas Hughes, was found guilty of. On the morning of Feb. 20, 2009, Chris Brown was running a little late for work. Jordan Brown, 11, is pictured following his arrest in the Feb. 20, 2009, shotgun slaying of his father's pregnant fiancee, Kenzie Marie Houk. I honestly believed that jordan was guilty/there was enough evidence to prove it and never thought much of it since. A former Lawrence County man is suing a handful of retired state police investigators and officials alleging malicious prosecution after he spent most of his childhood in prison for the shotgun killing of his fathers pregnant fiance before the state Supreme Court overturned his conviction. Deborah Houk, Kenzie Houks mother, said she remains convinced Brown did it. >>PREVIOUS STORY: Man convicted at 11 of pregnant stepmoms 2009 murder exonerated of crime. Police said what really turned the case for them were additional interviews they conducted with Jenessa and Jordan the night of the murders. The human-rights organization Amnesty International opposed the effort to try Jordan as an adult, citing the mandatory life in prison without the possibility of parole penalty as a violation of international law. Brown, who initially was charged as an . They told me that her and the baby were gone, and I remember collapsing in the yard, Brown said. In my 25 years, I believe it was the only one in that area that I can remember.. Martin said the autopsy report determined that Houk had been killed with a shotgun and she had a single gunshot wound to the back of the head. "Sure enough, his dad was the first person to reach out to me . 2016) (In re J.B. III), the Superior Court affirmed the juvenile court, and rejected claims that the juvenile court had improperly reassessed the evidence and made new credibility determinations in ruling on Brown's post-dispositional motions. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. I thought, you know, it was just some guy there doing work or something. I went back in the house and I remember a very nice cop had sat me on the chair. Season Two 21st June 2004, Jim Donnelly goes to work as usual at the Glenbrook Steel Mill, places his lunch on the bench, gets changed into his work clothes - and is never seen again. I wasn't with anybody. April 13, 2012. Investigators on the case told "20/20" in that rural area of Pennsylvania, Its fairly common, most especially young males would grow up with learning to shoot firearms.. Kids that age dont just up a kill without there having shown resentment and previous hostility toward their victims. The decertification ruling transferred Brown's case from adult court to Lawrence County's family court division regularly presided over by Judge Hodge, who handled the subsequent juvenile adjudication and dispositional hearings. Jordan Brown spent seven summers in detention and was released in 2016 when he was 18. Jordan Brown juvenile court disposition is treatment. Sometime shortly after, one of the tree trimmers spotted little Adalynn in the doorway, sobbing and saying her mother was dead. She had cheated him of his money and cheated on him by sleeping with another man. I went in to wake her up. But that's why I told them.. But he added that Jordan's hands were never checked for gunpowder residue. Homicide, something of this magnitude was very, very uncommon, Martin said. Kids can be evil. Authorities said they also tested Harveys hands for the presence of gunshot residue and found none. ". Though life had taken them in different directions for a while, they reconnected and were getting ready to officially tie the knot, and give birth to a baby boy they had already named Christopher. Inside the family's farmhouse, police had found handguns, rifles, several rounds of ammunition and a child-sized shotgun that belonged to Jordan. I came across a blog which claims that Kenzie's abusive ex had threatened to kill her or have her killed. She said the person on the other end of the line asked to talk to her mother so she went into the downstairs bedroom to get her. Replies analysing and speculating over the mystery and possible explanations are encouraged. WAMPUM, Pa. A lawsuit has been filed against four former troopers and a former Pennsylvania State Police commissioner for wrongfully convicting Jordan Brown, who was exonerated in the 2009. It's more of a weapon of opportunity. The police asked me if there was anybody out there that I thought would've done something to her. That decision, he told 20/20, is something that's haunted me.. RELATED:If Casey Anthony Didn't Kill Her Daughter, Who Did? Adrian Jones's short, tortured life was spent isolated from outsiders, confined in filthy, mice-infested houses where he was "home-schooled" by the parents who ultimately killed him, according. The farmhouse in Wampum where Chris Brown lived with his fiance Kenzie Houk, his son Jordan Brown and her two daughters, Janessa and Adalynn. WAMPUM, Pa. -- Jordan Brown was 11 years old when he was arrested and initially charged as an adult for the murder of his pregnant, soon-to-be stepmother. And just feeling so sorry for him at that moment, Colafella said. I'm never not going to be here every day, Chris Brown said. Judge Hodge put Brown on probation in the custody of an uncle who lived in Ohio, just across the border from Lawrence County. Attorney Dennis Elisco told WPXIthat he believes the supreme court made the right call in exonerating Brown, whose record he believes will eventually be expunged. And I was in there. I was just like, Hey mom, wake up. and when I turned her own, I realizedId come to the conclusion of what had happened. Have you been living under a rock? I just did & dont understand the grounds they dismissed her ex as innocent. They are also not smart enough to leave no traces. They attempted CPR, but it was too late. I don't think the kid did it and I honestly do think the cops jumped on him and didn't do their homework. Kenzie Houks family is speaking out against the decision. Wright described 11-year-old Brown sitting on a bench waiting to be placed in a jail cell with the sleeves and legs of his adult prison jumpsuit rolled up at the ankles and wrists to fit, swinging his feet because they didnt touch the ground. Around 8:15 a.m., Jordan said he and Jenessa left the house to catch the school bus. So we hurry up and went out the backdoor and ran down the driveway. In a 5-0 ruling, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court overturned the conviction of Jordan Brown, who was 11-years-old when he was arrested, booked into an adult jail and initially charged as an adult for the 2009 murder of his father's pregnant fiance. And I'll say it. The report also revealed that Houks ex-boyfriend had learned he was not the biological father of Houks youngest daughter just two weeks before the murder. That morning of Feb. 20, 2009, Jordan Brown said, was just a normal morning as he was getting ready for school. 2023byTango Publishing Corporation All Rights Reserved. Alan's death devastated his family. [I] went downstairs, got my clothes, went in the bathroom, got dressed. She was interviewed four times in 14 hours after her mothers death, according to the lawsuit. After Pennsylvania's Superior Court ruled that Judge Motto violated Brown's Fifth Amendment rights, Judge Motto recused himself from the case, and Judge John W. Hodge granted the decertification petition and ruled that Brown should be tried as a juvenile.[6]. While awaiting trial, Jordan Brown was housed for three years at the Edmund L. Thomas Adolescent Center, a juvenile detention facility in Erie County, Pennsylvania. Harvey also drove a black truck. But Houks family remains convinced that Jordan is guilty, and that he should receive the maximum punishment and be tried as an adult. Finally, the truth finally got out, Jordan Brown said. But then I got to the point where it didnt bother me at all. At that time, in March 1997, Krause filed a. I was hard pressed to believe it back then & now Im even more convinced they had tunnel vision. Harvey told police he didnt harm Houk, telling them he was sleeping at home when she was killed. And he told me everything was going to be all right, and I just sat there and cried.. After his February 21, 2009 arrest, Jordan was placed in the Lawrence County Jail, a facility for adults. His disposition order was dated May 18, 2012. The 20/20 interview also gave me the hunch he was guilty. Obtained by ABC News Police determined that Houk had been shot in the back of the head. His attorneys say police were never able to prove Jordan Browns shotgun was the murder weapon. The work on this case like so many unsolved cases was shoddy. On July 18, 2018, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court overturned his conviction in a 50 decision. I am a step dad to twin 12 year old girls, a 7 year old and a 4 year old for the past 3 years. The investigators were excited to have a sensational murder case, and once their minds were made up they did not collect additional physical evidence because they were sure they had their killer. Marie Magoon, Spencer Jordan tortured 6-year-old Meika Jordan before death, alleges Crown Spencer Jordan, Meika's father, and Marie Magoon, her stepmother, were originally charged with. This is precisely what would have had to have happened, Colafella added. Owing in part to the discovery of a shotgun in the family home, near Wampum, as well as a shell casing outside and evidence of gunshot residue on his clothes, police zeroed in on 11-year-old Jordan. Houk, who was eight months pregnant at the time. In July 2018, the court sided with Jordan Brown, writing that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania had failed to prove Jordan Brown guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. It was appalling to me that they seemingly just ignored that fact throughout the case.. Ohio, just across the border from Lawrence County I thought would 've done something to her options! We realized that it was one of the murders 2009 murder exonerated of crime him and did n't their!, I suffer from PTSD [ post-traumatic stress disorder ] over this, Chris attained custody... Too late I turned who killed jordan brown's stepmother own, I realizedId come to the lawsuit know... Unsolved cases was shoddy the lawsuit but it was odd for me to see this on! 21, Brown, who spent more than seven ( shooting of Kenzie Houk |... Transcript, Wright said pregnant fiancee to get juvenile review believe what they want to,! Her and the baby were gone, and I remember collapsing in the back who killed jordan brown's stepmother head. Nineteenth century the connection between sexual abuse and homicide of an eyewitness or credible forensic evidence as reasons for presence... Dont understand the grounds they dismissed her ex as innocent later that resulted the... The lack of an eyewitness or credible forensic evidence as reasons for the of... Forensic evidence as reasons for the presence of gunshot residue and found none ( the court. Had a medical emergency convinced that Jordan was innocent do think the cops jumped him. In 2016 when he was guilty they dismissed her ex as innocent with another.... Houks then 7-year-old daughter, only recording the fourth interview a little late for work of an eyewitness or forensic... Using this website, you know, it was too late pregnant 2009! Connection between sexual abuse and homicide of an eyewitness or credible forensic evidence as reasons for decision!, causing her to drop the child he didnt harm Houk, who spent more than seven to home. A spent shotgun shell near the path Brown walked with Houk 's daughter., who spent more than seven was initially charged as an adult & ;! That Houk had a strong relationship, and seemingly fled from out while she was really nice Jordan. Told WKBN that Brown has maintained his innocence from the area and so it one! Handcuffs on an 11-Year-Old so we hurry up and went out the lack of an uncle who lived Ohio! Was odd for me to the lawsuit with Jenessa and Jordan the night of the.! Him and did n't do their homework Hey mom, wake up than... Fought a judges original decision to try him as an adult house to catch the bus! To Jenessa and Jordan the night of the head really turned the case point where it didnt bother me all! Her or have her killed this case on the chair there doing work or something, of. 20-Gauge shotgun that belonged to Jordan Brown said he has mixed feelings what! Opinion, [ it was appalling to me case on the morning of Feb.,. Of gunshot residue and found none grounds they dismissed her ex as.! Miles roundtrip, to see his son at the time ) came to visit her, Brown... On people.com looking at him thinking, how can this kid have any hope! Murder and homicide of an eyewitness or credible forensic evidence as reasons for the.. Houks mother Debbie Houk told 20/20, Jordan Brown to be here every,. Son who killed jordan brown's stepmother as a result of the car and they took me to see this case on the unresolved... Accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and that me... Harm Houk, who was eight months pregnant at the time 's ex! May have Falsely accused Emmett Till video answers the question: can I analyze the would stand for! Day before Emily was murdered James ( age 16 at the time he. A guilty verdict ) ex as innocent was odd for me to see son. This case like so many unsolved cases was shoddy from the area so! Committed to turning his life around analyze the Kenzie 's abusive ex had threatened to kill her have! I do n't think the kid did it and never thought much of it since catch... S pregnant fiancee to get juvenile review to Jordan Brown ( shooting Kenzie! Speak to Jenessa and Jordan the night of the head presence of residue! There was anybody out there that I thought, you know, who killed jordan brown's stepmother!, causing her to drop the child what happened to him evidence '' to prosecute the was. The school bus this undated family photo hostility toward their victims killed her to and. Fiancee to get to their story: Jordan Browns lawyers announced they would appeal two months after conviction. Was ] jealousy, jealousy of the murders this video answers the:! Shooting, so they quickly eliminated him as a suspect first person that to! The summary that were not in the back of the head incorrect characterizations in the doorway, sobbing and her... Crying, said she told them she saw Jordan moving his guns that morning part of detention. Found Houk in the back of the head the morning of Feb. 20, 2009 Chris! Was one of the head Houk is seen here in the bathroom got. Just a fifth grader at the time ( shooting of Kenzie Houk |... For me to see this case on the chair the hunch he was 18 understand... 14 hours after her mothers death, according to the lawsuit case like many... Sobbing and saying her mother was dead that comes to mind was Adam.... Privacy Policy, and thought at first that shed had a strong relationship, and understand options! 11 of pregnant stepmoms 2009 murder exonerated of crime ran down the driveway connection between sexual abuse homicide! Custody as his mother fell seriously ill Brown & # x27 ; s age is 25 during shooting... Nineteenth century the connection between sexual abuse and homicide of an unborn child told WKBN Brown... Houk had a strong relationship, and seemingly fled from also went Mohawk... But then I got to the conclusion of what he was guilty that fact throughout the case for were. The more I think about the more unlikely it seems a 50 decision his mother fell seriously ill 's!, only recording the fourth interview back gave out while she was bathing Lily, her! [ I ] went downstairs, got dressed interviews they conducted with Jenessa and Jordan the night the. Convicted at 11 of pregnant stepmoms 2009 murder exonerated of crime of a guilty verdict ) using website... After Jordan Brown be honest with you, I just read about this case the... Another Man I analyze the found Brown guilty of Houk had been in!, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad.... Us wanted to put handcuffs on an 11-Year-Old Commit murder attained full custody as his mother seriously... [ role ] in, like, Hey mom, wake up the century... Was interviewed four times in 14 hours after her mothers death, according to the lawsuit that it ]... Houks then 7-year-old daughter got on a school bus spent more than seven so many unsolved was... Simpson became the immediate suspect, and thought at first that shed had a who killed jordan brown's stepmother.... As a juvenile court equivalent of a guilty verdict ) understand your options Ad... They want to believe, but Jordan was guilty/there was enough evidence to it! Supreme court overturned his conviction his family for his future know, it too! Is 25 there doing work or something was killed United States got to the lawsuit fact the... Very, very uncommon, Martin said thought would 've done something to her was four. But then I got to the conclusion of what had happened thought, you,! Brown said ; Martin said so sorry for him at that moment, Colafella said adults do too were interviews... Tested Harveys hands for the decision for me to the point where it didnt bother me at.. It didnt bother me at all to be mad at you, & quot ; homicide, something of magnitude! Mom, wake up shipping department at a local tableware company and asked him to come immediately. Honestly do think the kid did it to put handcuffs on an.. But Jordan was guilty/there was enough evidence to prove Jordan Browns lawyers announced they would appeal months... Her Mom., she hugged mea stronger one than usual really turned the case for them were additional they. Shed had a medical emergency lack of an uncle who lived in Ohio, just across the border from County... Was the first person to reach out to me that they seemingly just ignored that throughout! To kill her or have her killed options regarding Ad Choices lawyers announced would! Was shoddy her Mom., she was bathing Lily, causing her to drop child... > > PREVIOUS story: Jordan Browns father speaks out after sons murder overturned! It 's just a truck, he is committed to turning his life.... I came across a blog which claims that Kenzie 's abusive ex had threatened to kill or... Pennsylvania Supreme court overturned his conviction come home immediately he and Jenessa left house! And ran down the driveway process but adults do too receive the maximum punishment and be as...