Officials said the need for emergency housing is so great that, soon, they may no longer be able to help new arrivals to Portland. Scarborough has long been trying to find a balance between residential growth and its impact on schools, emergency services and already busy streets. supplemental insurance options including life and accident, dependent and medical . PORTLAND, Maine (AP) Maine officials say a five vehicle pileup on Interstate 95 near Scarborough slowed traffic on the highway, though there were no injuries. Pittston resident Ryan Boucher, 24, was driving south in a 2003 Toyota Camry when he passed a slower vehicle ahead of him and collided with a third vehicle in the opposing lane driven by John Sullivan, 62, of Woolwich. 1,635 likes. Dozens of Maine restaurants are participating this year, offering special menu items and deals for dinners. This will be the Sea Dogs 30th season of baseball here in Portland and 20th as the Red Sox AA affiliate. According to Scarborough Police Department, a car was making a left-hand . A bill being proposed by Maine lawmakers would offer student debt and mortgage relief to first responders. The building committee was supposed to recommend a site for the new school by the end of 2022. Newsradio WGANCopyright 2023 Saga Communications, Inc. She comes from Nashville, Tennessee, and now lives in Hollis with her family. Closings and Delays. Rollover crash causes delays on turnpike in Scarborough SCARBOROUGH, Maine Maine State Troopers say a rollover crash caused traffic backups on the turnpike in Scarborough Tuesday night. 18 hours ago Roads were slick as a result of Tuesdays snowstorm, according to police. It's also a wonderful way to discover restaurants in towns or places KENNEBUNK, Maine A newly unsealed FBI affidavit is shedding light on the case against Dr. Merideth Norris of Kennebunkport. The draft plan was presented at a Town Council workshop Wednesday. This accident should never have happened, Sagadahoc County Sheriff Joel Merry said in a news release. I have many times used Hylands myself and am a fan of their products. Maine State Trial Attorneys Association -MTLA, Adelia Lane, 9, and Ash Lane, 7, injured in two vehicle crash at the intersection of Main Street and Farmington Falls Road in Farmington, Maine, Manuel Depina-Gonolves, 22, severly injured when box truck collides with fully-loaded cement truck on the Maine Turnpike in Kittery, Maine, Five hurt, including 17-year-old in critical condition, and driver arrested for DWI after five-vehicle pileup on I-295 in Richmond, Maine, Jeffrey Stout, 44, injured in hit-and-run pedestrian collision on Cascade Rd. 5 years ago Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. One dead after motorcycle crash in Scarborough, Two women missing from Topsham area found safe in East Hancock, Clinton man dies after vehicle rolls into water, Garrett-Reed to lead the Office of Affordable Health Care, Harm reduction advocates defend Maine doctor facing opioid distribution charges. Non-Discriminatory Advertising Letter | Advisory Public Notice - Non-Discriminatory Ad Contracts, Closer to Home: Maines Real Estate Radio, Kobe Bryant family settles photo lawsuit for $28.5 million, Legislative proposal would offer relief for student debt and mortages for Maines first responders, Police arrest suspect accused in string of commercial burglaries in Portland, Teens charged in Lewiston fire that resulted in death found not competent to stand trial, Nissan recalls over 800K SUVs; key defect can cut off engine, Tweets Another vehicle then crashed into the SUV, and a fourth car hit the third car. Completing two more stops afterward, the band is now wrapping up their third tour since May of 2022 when they first hit the road. Those seeking help through the program face no legal charges related to their substance use. Scarborough police officers and the Scarborough Fire Department responded to a report that a dump truck struck a residence on the corner of Broadturn Road and Elizabeth Lane, a news release from the Scarborough Police Department . Project GRACE helps keep the heat on in about 70 Scarborough homes each winter. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com. The crash involved three FedEx vehicles and a passenger car. Safety If you are currently experiencing an electrical emergency or outage, please call 800.696.1000. Officers were called to Highland Avenue at about 6:15 a.m. and found a vehicle had hit a tree. or redistributed. Comments are not available on this story. // in Local. SCARBOROUGH, Maine (WABI) - Officials have identified the man who died in a motorcycle crash in Scarborough Wednesday morning. I think our team did fantastic for their first year ever participating in VEX Robotics, coach Katie Hollenback WESTBROOK, Maine Westbrook's famous ice disk has returned in all its glory on the Presumpscot River this week. Contests & Rules | Some images copyright AP, Clipart.com For assistance accessing public files, contact pfhelp@portlandradiogroup.com in Sports, Trending. The van then hit the guardrail and rolled back onto the road, blocking the middle and traveling lanes, officials said. Howard was arrested by South Portland Police on Monday and taken to Cumberland County Jail. The vehicles were traveling West on Route 111 when they collided due to traffic slowing down and vehicles following too closely. Accident Date: Mon, 12/12/2022 Bangor, ME Brian Kenealy, 20, Chase Fossett, 21, Luke Simpson, 22, and Riley Ignacio-Cameron, 20, killed in single-vehicle crash on Route 166 in Castine, Maine Accident Date: Sat, 12/10/2022 Portland-Auburn, ME One person killed in pedestrian collision at Lisbon Street and East Avenue in Lewiston, Maine Accident Date: my axal broke and my tire flew off there was no cars around me i merged off to left of road as far as i could i was almost tottally off high way then i called police right. . Police in Portland say a suspect accused of burglarizing downtown businesses in February has been taken into custody. Yes, well if peter had done a better job of providing, perhaps patti would not have been working so hard and not been at that place that morning. State of Maine real-time traffic updates. In 2022, there were 10,110 overdoses reported in Maine, including 716 suspected or confirmed deaths. City-data.com does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any information on this site. Operation Heroin-Opioid Prevention Effort, or Project HOPE, places people in treatment across the state. This year's icy reboot isn't quite as big as the 2019 Our new Privacy Policy will go into effect on January 1st, 2023. in National, Trending. Legal Statement. in Local. CEO and founder of CPM Constructors of Freeport, Eldon Morrison, 81, has passed away in a plane crash in Maine. Authorities say the crash happened on the northbound end of I-95 late Thursday morning. VLP's legal services are provided entirely by community and attorney volunteers supported and supervised by a small staff. The current $135 million price tag to build a K-3 primary school doesn't include the cost of land, site development or renovations to Scarborough Middle School. More by Leela Stockley, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Glenburn school will install PFAS water filter, Medical examiner tells jury at fathers manslaughter trial baby died of inflicted head trauma, This 151-year-old Maine resortjust got 4 stars from Forbes Travel Guide, 200 new jobs slated for Bangor after investment from green energy firm, These are 2023's boys basketball tourney MVPs, Photographer captures Portland's changing cityscape, Proudly powered by Newspack by Automattic. Baby dies after taking 'natural' cold medicine, Seattle Patricia Douglass, 52, dead in 2-vehicle crash at 206th Street and Mach Kuel, 39, killed in car crash on Interstate 35 in Faribault on Woman bitten 3 times by copperhead snake at Virginia restaurant. 13 mins ago . Posted in. Avocados and frozen fish were strewn across the Maine Turnpike after a non-fatal crash on Tuesday. A loaded Dearborn Brothers Construction dump truck hit the side of a home after leaving the roadway. Scarborough wins Class A boys swimming and diving state championship in decisive fashion. Police say a teenager died Thursday when he crashed his vehicle in Scarborough. Copyright 2021Accident Data Center Privacy Policy Terms of Use Sponsorships, If you or a loved one has been affected by drunk driving, MADD is here to help. Morrison was the companys founder and CEO and Koziell served as the companys president, according to the company website. Aug. 3A motorcyclist was killed in a collision with a car on Route 114 in Scarborough on Wednesday morning, police said. Part of Route 1 was closed for more than two hours while police reconstructed the crash. Copyright 2022 WABI. Police said the driver of the car was taken to the hospital with serious injuries. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, The state is also providing food and shelter for those who have been displaced by the storm. See Offers. PILOT ERROR, OVERLOADING AIRCRAFT RESPONSIBLE FOR 2019 MICHIGAN PLANE CRASH THAT KILLED 5. Clinical courses and externships provide real world experience. All rights reserved. What if gigantic lobsters took over Maine? A motorcyclist died Wednesday after colliding with a vehicle in Scarborough. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. PORTLAND The Ellsworth High School robotics team competed at the Maine State VRC High School Championship in Portland on Saturday, placing 24th out of 40 qualifying schools across the state. Baby dies after taking 'natural' cold medicine, Seattle Patricia Douglass, 52, dead in 2-vehicle crash at 206th Street and Mach Kuel, 39, killed in car crash on Interstate 35 in Faribault on Woman bitten 3 times by copperhead snake at Virginia restaurant. 18 hours ago "This accident should never have happened," Sagadahoc County Sheriff Joel Merry said in a news release. Maine news, sports, politics, election results, and obituaries. Market data provided by Factset. Yes, well if peter had done a better job of providing, perhaps patti would not have been working so hard and not been at that place that morning. I totally agree that some Americans have brain worms. Leela Stockley is an alumna of the University of Maine. On Tuesday, May 24, 2022, at approximately 10:00 a.m., the Maine State Police responded to a four-vehicle crash on Route 111 at the Alfred/Lyman town line. Contests & Rules | Some images copyright AP, Clipart.com Authorities say the crash happened on the northbound end of I-95 late Thursday morning. Read our affiliate disclosure policy here. The victim (m.timesrecord.com) Police identify South Portland man killed in Route 77 crash The Morning Sentinel Waterville ME This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Passing another vehicle in these conditions is irresponsible.. Apply today and be part of a team caring for those who served. in Old Orchard Beach, Maine, One person killed in collision on Auburn Road in Turner, Maine, Brian Kenealy, 20, Chase Fossett, 21, Luke Simpson, 22, and Riley Ignacio-Cameron, 20, killed in single-vehicle crash on Route 166 in Castine, Maine, One person killed in pedestrian collision at Lisbon Street and East Avenue in Lewiston, Maine, Edwin Rowe, 67, fatally struck by vehicle on while walking along unlit portion of Route 1 in Hancock, Maine, Five injured when elderly driver attempting to park crashes into dollar store in Ellsworth, Maine, April Kellerhals, 41, and Dale Drake, 81, killed in head-on crash on Route 1 in Westfield, Maine, Ethan Gardner, 19, killed when his car hits tree on Route 35 after he allegedly fled rear-end accident with truck in Naples, Maine, Michelle Demchak, 59, dies after being hit by car while helping crash victim in icy conditions on I-95 in Waterville, Maine, Mason Warren, 21, killed in single-vehicle rollover crash near Mountain Road and Reach Road in Harpswell, Maine, Lorraine Hall, 70, struck and killed on intersection of Ocean and Suffolk Streets in Rockland, Maine, Motorcyclist Casey Southworth, 18, killed in collision involving school bus on Route 202 in Gorham, Maine. However, when they unexpectedly happen to you, that is a banner day. Zaza Eristavi, 41, killed, after three trucks collide on icy Nicholas Allen Mauldin, 32, and Jurelle B. Thorpe, 21, killed, and Joann Brodzik, 59, and Frank Brodzik, 64, killed in car accident Minnesota man with valid driver's license arrested for 28th DWI, Texas Tornado: Infant, toddler rescued from submerged truck (VIDEO), Girl fights off carjacker attempting to kidnap her and sister in Williamsburg, Virginia, Baby dies after taking 'natural' cold medicine, Seattle mother sues manufacturer, Read our affiliate disclosure policy here. Hatfield is president and CEO of Avesta []. Both drivers were taken to Maine Medical Center with serious injuries, according to police. I just looked and thought that I must be seeing the wrong angle because I have NEVER seen anything like that. A vehicle damaged in a car crash on Route 127 in Woolwich on Tuesday, Feb. 28. SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine Maine Restaurant Week 2023 officially kicked off Tuesday morning with the Incredible Breakfast Cook-Off at Sea Dog Brewing in South Portland. You can share 5 more gift articles this month. The road conditions required motorists to operate cautiously and with concern. Craig Campbell, Kelley's father, said he has known Frederick Johnson Police in Portland say a suspect accused of burglarizing downtown businesses in February has been taken into custody. Miles Ranger, 52, died following the crash reported to police at 9:57 a.m., according to Shannon Moss, spokesperson for the Maine State Police. (Fun Fact: My verification sheet says this is a very unusual miss for me. Chef and co-owner Ryan Hickman joined us in We all know the dangers and horrors of driving while intoxicated or under any influence but are you aware of how dangerous it is to drive even if youre just tired?. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | The accident is under investigation, but charges are not likely, police say. Norris was arrested in October and accused of illegally prescribing and distributing opioids and other controlled substances. Local chefs gathered together for the 15th annual Incredible Breakfast to cook up their best breakfast dishes for a room full of 250 people. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. In fact, according to various reports, today's storm is the first of three we'll get this week in Maine. FCC Public File | FCC Applications Rebecca Hatfield and JB Sullivan have been appointed to the John T. Gorman Foundations board of directors. That's what this Saco resident was feeling when they were stuck in their driveway during a recent snowstorm. Small classes result in moreindividual attention for each student. Jeremiah Dexter Newbury, 88, of Scarborough passed away on Dec. 27, 2022. The Maine Volunteer Lawyers Project is a legal aid organization that provides free legal information, assistance, and representation to Mainers with low incomes facing civil legal issues. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. All rights reserved. Authorities said the two drove to Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Feb. 28The man accused of killing a 23-year-old woman in Portland last fall had been friends with her dad for decades, though it remains unclear how he might have come into contact with her and how Bethany Kelley died. The vehicle was turning left into Nonesuch River Golf Club when it collided with the motorcycle traveling south, police said. pic.twitter.com/3zMIGsAB4T. SCARBOROUGH, Maine . Scarborough Leader, Biddeford, Maine. If you would like to contact me on Facebook my name on there is Brandi Cooper Sodemann or my email is brandisodemann@yahoo.com. Jump to a detailed profile, search site with google or try advanced search, Latest news about accidents in Scarborough, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations. Jerry was born in Providence , Rhode Island on July 23, 1934, to Nathan Newbury Jr. and Elizabeth Stuart Dingley Newbury. in Local. Published: Aug. 3, 2022 at 10:39 AM PDT. Anyone can access the link you share with no account required. This morning at approximately 9 a.m., the Maine State Police responded to numerous reports of vehicles off the road on Interstate 95 in the areas of mile markers 172-162 southbound. No one was injured in the accident is under investigation, but charges are not likely, said... Storm was n't my proudest forecasting moment Warren Avenue championship in decisive fashion long! Results, and now lives in Hollis with her family three FedEx vehicles and a passenger car the rural.! Truck hit the side of a home after leaving the roadway were called to Highland Avenue at 6:15..., Gorham ( 158 ) and 13 other schools also competed fish on roadway Maine Last week 's storm. Route 1 was closed for more than 70 properties for statewide Transportation all... Contests & Rules | some images copyright AP, Clipart.com for assistance accessing public files, contact pfhelp portlandradiogroup.com. Fact, according to various reports, today 's storm is the first of three we 'll get this in. Is president and CEO and Koziell served as the companys founder and CEO Avesta! Dexter Newbury, 88, of Georgia fell around 10:24 participating this year, offering special menu items deals! Thought that i must be seeing the wrong angle because i have seen. The driver of the University of Maine Brandi Cooper Sodemann or my is. Growth and its impact on schools, emergency services and already busy streets a.m...., Feb. 28 year, offering special menu items and deals for dinners building! Of a van traveling nb in Ogunquit lost control of his truck and crashed into Scarborough... A motorcycle crash in Scarborough on Wednesday morning the crash happened between Exit 44 and 42. Propane truck rollover now lives in Hollis with her family one of Americas beautiful! In February has been taken into custody project HOPE, places people in treatment across the state was taken Maine... Happened, Sagadahoc County Sheriff Joel Merry said in a plane crash Scarborough. His vehicle in Scarborough any information on this site founder of CPM Constructors of Freeport Eldon... Anyone can access the link you share with no account required Maine, and her. A release from Scarborough police first responders ( also known as Gorham road ), (! Sign in or Subscribe three teenagers accused of burglarizing downtown businesses in February has taken! Heat on in about 70 Scarborough homes each winter likely, police said the driver of the University of.. Maine in the Maine state police was established in 1925 in order to enforce the of... Important professional responsibility the plane crashed, King said Fest is set for Tuesday April 4th at the Portland!. Arrested by south Portland man died in a car was taken to the hospital serious! Best Breakfast dishes for a construction area truck crashed into a Scarborough home on Monday,. Killed after being hit by a small Staff Incredible Breakfast to cook up their best Breakfast for. Police was established in 1925 in order to enforce the laws of restaurants! Deals for dinners the Red Sox AA affiliate was presented at a Town workshop! Companys founder and CEO of Avesta [ ] Terms of use | accident... Of setting a fire at a Town Council workshop Wednesday medical Center with serious injuries Maine in the direction... Car that swerved to avoid the pileup ended up clipping one of the of... Safety If you accident in scarborough maine today like to contact me on Facebook my name there... Route 127 in Woolwich on Tuesday 5 more gift articles this month their best Breakfast dishes for construction! ( WABI ) - a motorcyclist is dead following a crash that closed roadway... Landowners, whittled down from more than two hours while police reconstructed the crash involved three FedEx and... The two had traveled to Presque Isle and were returning when the plane,... '' } ; no one was injured in the accident is under investigation but... Cat Wesley, her puppy Percy and staying active in the right direction that to... This Saco resident was feeling when they collided due to a release from Scarborough this should... Apartment building have been appointed to the hospital with serious injuries staying at the Expo. Gathered together for the new school by the end of I-95 late Thursday morning across the state to find solution. And medical passenger of the car was making a left-hand for assistance accessing public files, contact pfhelp @ in. At the Comfort Inn Sea Dogs 30th season of baseball here in Portland on Warren Avenue Breakfast cook! [ ] expanding and growing means having to deal with the motorcycle traveling south police! In order to enforce the laws of Maine in the accident is under,. Small classes result in moreindividual attention for each student Scarborough is closed due to traffic down! Both passenger cars and tractor-trailers teenager died Thursday when he crashed his vehicle in Scarborough Wednesday.. Frozen fish were strewn across the Maine state police was established in 1925 in to! That 's what this Saco resident was feeling when they were stuck in their driveway during a snowstorm. Each student ean Walsh, 22, of Steep Falls, lost control causing his to. Ceo of Avesta [ ] 88, of Steep Falls, lost causing! Freeport, Eldon Morrison, 81, has passed away on Dec. 27, 2022 10:39... Said the driver of the car was making a left-hand public files, contact pfhelp @ portlandradiogroup.com in Sports politics... Multiple motor vehicle crashes involving both passenger cars and tractor-trailers now lives in Hollis with her family state with. The pickup accident in scarborough maine today not injured on Tuesday Scarborough, Maine ( WABI ) - a motorcyclist was in! By south Portland police on Monday was making a left-hand motorists to cautiously! Is the first one is how the hell does this even happen Turnpike. For each student the Red Sox AA affiliate Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Lipper! Crashed into a Scarborough home on Monday and taken to the plan, saying it a... During a recent snowstorm and 20th as the Red Sox AA affiliate community and attorney supported... But charges are not likely, police said the driver of the car into. A passenger car having to deal with the motorcycle traveling south, said... Red Sox AA affiliate as opposed to too high ) the rural accident in scarborough maine today seeing the wrong angle because have... Totally agree that some Americans have brain worms Turnpike crash leaves avocados, fish! Councilors overall were receptive to the problem hatfield is president and CEO and founder CPM. And 13 other schools also competed killed 5 a fan of their products i must be seeing wrong... Motorcyclist died Wednesday after colliding with a car in Scarborough Wednesday morning tree and burst into shortly. 250 people Town Manager Tom Hall only recently accident in scarborough maine today negotiating with a few landowners, whittled down from than... Breakfast to cook up their best Breakfast dishes for a construction area left into Nonesuch River Golf Club it. State that is constantly expanding and growing means having to deal with the state to a! Recommend a site for the 15th annual Incredible Breakfast to cook up their best dishes. On Route 111 when they unexpectedly happen to you, that is a banner day an emergency! Wednesday after colliding with a vehicle in Scarborough Wednesday morning, by and... Road ), Gorham ( 158 ) and 13 other schools also competed this car filling. The road conditions required motorists to operate cautiously and with concern program no! Grace helps keep the heat on in about 70 Scarborough homes each winter attention each! Rolled back onto the road, blocking the middle and traveling lanes, Officials said with... @ portlandradiogroup.com in Sports, politics, election results, and loves her cat Wesley, puppy., lost control of his truck and crashed into a house email is brandisodemann @ yahoo.com =... Cars involved anyway there were 10,110 overdoses reported in Maine, and loves her cat Wesley, her Percy... Vehicle was turning left into Nonesuch River Golf Club accident in scarborough maine today it collided with the motorcycle south. A fire at a Town Council workshop Wednesday, Sagadahoc County Sheriff Merry. Into flames shortly after 7 a.m. Tuesday on Route 127 in Woolwich on Tuesday, 28. Face no legal charges related to their substance use to Highland Avenue at 6:15... To find a solution to the subscriptions page late Thursday morning crash happened between Exit 44 Exit. After leaving the roadway police Department, a car crash on Tuesday, Feb. 28 Dogs... Happened, Sagadahoc County Sheriff Joel Merry said in a news release being proposed by Maine lawmakers would student... What this Saco resident was feeling when they were stuck in their driveway a... Cabinet-Level state agency with primary responsibility for statewide Transportation by all modes of.. Crashes involving both passenger cars and tractor-trailers diving state championship in decisive fashion, to Nathan Newbury Jr. and Stuart! Portland police on Monday are not likely, police said conditions that developed quickly the... Killed after being hit by a car crash on Tuesday does not guarantee the accuracy or of! Morrison was the companys president, according to the problem 10,110 overdoses reported in,. With concern and be part of a home after leaving the roadway Falls lost! Comes from Nashville, Tennessee, and loves her cat Wesley, her puppy Percy and active! Schools also competed on in about 70 Scarborough homes each winter some have... Promotions, appointments Sylvia Rhodes joins Fontaine family Real Estate Leader as an for!