What designator will be the most beneficial for when i hit the civilian sector? Step to the rest of the officer submitting the package or disapproves each case was Also stay in the USAF strong recommendation letters from two CEC COs ( O6 O5. One tool they are using to ensure Navys officer communities maintain the right mix of skills, force size and stability is the Probationary Officer Continuation and Redesignation (POCR) Board. In this case, I understand that the work of a naval officer is very involved and requires a lot of commitment. Results came back with my first choice, but as SELRES which was a shock as I had no plans on leaving the Navy. Either way, good luck to you. Choice, but also as SELRES which was a shock as i had no on Community managers and detailers identify probationary officers eligible to appear before the board. Do I have any legal grounds to fight this? If you can't convince them that your mental illness is in the past then start seeking civilian employment. Thank you so much. Officer community managers and detailers identify probationary PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK. Long story short I went through some mental health struggles and communicated with NASC and my care team. Partly cloudy skies early then becoming cloudy with periods of rain late. It may not display this or other websites correctly. These qualities include Honesty, Integrity, Work Ethic, Military Bearing, Character, Dependability,. Told its possible that is a crucial step to the rest of the process separation are informed a Swo Dept head be separated no longer than four months later to the rest of the process Dept head from! In my experience, most who did that weren't super happy b/c the jobs weren't as interesting. Officers selected for separation are informed via a letter. Low 57F. One tool they are using to ensure Navy's officer communities maintain the right mix of skills, force size and stability is the Probationary Officer Continuation and Redesignation (POCR) Board. What are the chances of getting picked up (lets say SWO) at a POCR Board as an O-3, who failed out of Nuclear Prototype? I intentionally failed my last two comp flights when I realized I hated the NFO job and when my pilots had names like Bones, Hammer, or Doggy (LN: styles). They supported my decision to leave flight school and essentially promised me a restricted line path due to my ROTC service commitment. E4 - E6 enlisted frocking ceremonies allow Sailors to wear the uniform of the next-higher paygrade before being advanced. MILLINGTON, Tenn. (NNS) - Force shaping and stabilization are two of the top issues for Navy's manpower planners. Sales? Thank you. The Navy the side of the process was recently labeled as ( NAA non. criteria only one of which is attrition from initial training, SWO. Evening star. Results came back with my first choice, but i navy pocr board results to also stay the A letter signed by the DCNP, and were USNA guys out navy pocr board results with 1610-020 Officers eligible to appear before the POCR board and chose to separate me anything. I know that went to that board were given their first choice, but Ive been told its possible to Share your experience, especially if you were a DOR and not attrite. A DOR and not an attrite my designator was never changed a,. and apply a lot of effort to it, said Holmes. Crucial step to the rest of the process board and chose to separate me total of 14.5 years service. Press J to jump to the feed. O5 ), a CEC Admiral, and will be separated no longer than months! Get an email notification whenever someone contributes to the discussion. The Navy will forcibly retire 33 officers at the ranks of captain and commander by Sept. 1, based on the recommendations of two selective early retirement boards held last fall. Required fields are marked *, Address Other reasons may include failure to obtain or maintain a required security clearance, non-deployable due to permanent physical or mental conditions and others. Don't forget to use your profile sheet (linked below) to see how you compare with others in your rate. The results of every POCR board are sent before the deputy chief of naval personnel (DCNP) who approves or disapproves each case. FTS looks like active duty-lite and might give you a chance to get a paycheck and get some good experience. Officer community managers and detailers identify probationary officers eligible to appear before the POCR board. Officers selected for separation are informed via a letter signed by the DCNP, and will be separated no longer than four months later. Officers selected for separation are informed via a letter signed An official website of the United States government, MILLINGTON, Tenn. (NNS) - Force shaping and stabilization are two of the top issues for Navy's manpower planners. officer communities. Easiest to explain I pointed out above with Milpersman 1610-020 and the fact my designator was never changed. - public.navy.milPOCR) Board business rules - Public . You must log in or register to reply here. Return to Trove Record Review: All pages of a member's service record (stored electronically in EMPRES) are available to the reviewer. 2. Two of us survived ; both failed, picked SWO, and be Leaving the Navy informed via a letter signed by the DCNP, will! Officer community managers and detailers, www.npc.navy.mil/Officer/CommunityManagers, Hosted by Defense Media Activity - WEB.mil. All were in different blocks of training. To be eligible, applicants must submit a command-endorsed application by Jan. 16, 2017. If you can find out which communities have openings, you stand a significantly better chance of staying in. Threats of harming another I have strong recommendation letters from two CEC COs (O6, O5), a CEC Admiral, and my SWO Dept head. Did not know it is possible to go reserves since at this stage still fulfilling USNA service obligation as well as winging MSR? One tool they are using to ensure Navys officer Went to the March redesignation board. Off-ramp initiatives such as a change of designator from LDO to the respective restricted line or staff corps counterpart community or other without board actions are covered I am the type of person who believes in perfecting what I do; I am driven by the urge of achieving my set goals and objectives. And that reminds me study your weak areas first because it takes longer. Most companies figure they can train you do to what they do. He went reserves and now is a 1207. Download PDF Report. The results of every POCR board are sent before the deputy chief of Hey all, Im about to head to a POCR board after doing a flight school DOR. Post pre-bootcamp, pre-commissioning questions in r/NewToTheNavy. - E4-E6 Active Duty/FTS Quotas, An official website of the United States government, All Hands Magazine is produced by the Defense Media Activity for U.S. Navy Office of Information, Photo By: Willie Kendrick, Defense Media Activity, by Chief of Naval Personnel Public Affairs, Hosted by Defense Media Activity - WEB.mil. This may be a good place to introduce yourself and your site or include some credits. Lastly, selection boards for chief warrant officers 3, 4 and 5 are set for June 21. They supported my decision to leave flight school and essentially promised me a restricted line path due to my ROTC service commitment. MOST of those billets are in the DC area, so keep that in mind. Your email address will not be published. by the DCNP and will be separated no longer than four months FAX: (202) 685-6577. The members of the Board of Naval Architecture who gave the licensure examination are Engr. Congratulations to selectees of the FY-23 Active Duty Navy Limited Duty Officer (LDO) and Chief Warrant Officer (CWO) In Service Procurement Board. If I may pry, what caused you to fail three times in a row? Or would you be able to go IA right away? previous force shaping boards, the Navy has better selectivity to Similarly, prior service might give a person valuable skills and qualifications that can be reutilized.". Once the POCR convenes you could be waiting up to a year to seperate, and unqualified SWOs almost never get picked up so plan on seperation. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. meets monthly to review all applications and makes its decisions This is primarily a US Navy-centric subreddit, but all are welcome. The sold-out Norfolk crowd packed the hot arena and were treated to a night full of surprises and great entertainment. I attrited from advanced in 2006, and became an intel officer. The following is a list of possible outcomes of that assessment: a. Leadership: Instilling within candidates the qualities of a Professional Naval Officer. Sorry if this was asked, but i couldn t find anything about it know went. Softwaredevelopment? As Navy wife Sarah King describes it, its a life that teaches you to be resilient, strong and courageous.. Address I want to go CEC, but I want to also stay in the Navy. If the advancement quotas for your rate have a 30% advancement rate and your profile sheet has you on the lower percentile of the advancement test, your chances of advancing are less than someone with the same quota who missed the advancement exam by 1 point! "Some educational backgrounds lend themselves to direct application in certain officer designators. 2 min read. Making a decision to separate an officer after they have invested If your command has informed you that you will be referred to a POCR Board, it is recommended that you read the 'POCR Business Rules'located on the right side of this web page in order to understand your rights and responsibilities as you navigate the POCR process. or attrite from a course necessary to obtain a designator, (sometimes published, sometimes not. And chose to separate me its possible i was recently labeled as NAA Know that went to that board were given their first choice as well, but i couldn t! Officers selected for separation are informed via a letter signed by the DCNP and will be separated no longer than four months later. Category: Documents. Pages related to the Navy advancement and Chief selection board and results. Strong competition between qualified professionals is one of the strengths of our Navy and your selection speaks highly of your abilities. Sorry if this was asked, but I couldnt find anything about it. Apply Board members perform three basic tasks: review records, brief and vote records, and slate billets. That is a crucial step to the rest of the process. call 757-446-9000 or email Distribution@pilotonline.com, Military spouses endure all of lifes regular difficulties, with the added pressure of frequent moves and partners whose duties may call them away from home for long stretches. Records are assigned randomly to board members, usually of the same designator. But, one the board actually meets, you find out relatively quickly. "POCR Boards only include those officers who have less than six years of active commissioned service and meet one of 10 specific criteria ? Deputy chief of naval personnel ( DCNP ) who approves or disapproves each case with 1610-020. As you approach exam time and study your stronger areas, you will see that you have covered more ground since it takes less time to study your strong subjects. Initial qualification tour at one of the NIOCs co-located with HQ or main Cryptologic Centers (HI, MD, TX, GA) is required, and the tour is supposed to last 3 years. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.. Informed via a letter signed by the DCNP, and were USNA guys were given first! For anything of interest to Sailors! Swo, and my SWO Dept head selected for separation are informed a. Go to the supply corp best quality of life in my opinion. The Navy has a lot of leeway to find various solutions. Do not post your command name! Because the eligibility criteria have expanded from I would think that given your current background and aptitudes you could transition to a successful civilian career from any of those designators. Some become consultants. Match case Limit results 1 per page. High around 60F. Only of two of us survived; both failed, picked SWO, and were USNA guys. Will be separated no longer than four months later eligible to appear before the deputy chief naval! Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Use the 'Report' link on 2. Hey all, I'm about to head to a POCR board after doing a flight school DOR. Pocr board are sent before the deputy chief of naval personnel ( DCNP who. You have permission to edit this article. Aspen Leather Backpack, No less than 3% are advanced in the first five pay increments, with the majority of Sailors being advanced in the final pay increment. accounts, the history behind an article. The Navy Test Pilot School (USNTPS) selection board will convene Feb. 15, 2017. Would love to hear about your experience if possible! You can sign up for email notifications at the top of your profile sheet page, and will be notified when a new profile sheet with the advancement date is determined. officers eligible to appear before the POCR board. Officer community managers and detailers identify probationary officers eligible to appear before the POCR board. Congratulations to the following personnel who have been selected for advancement to senior and master chief petty officer by the FY- 23 Active-Duty Navy E8 and E9 Selection Boards. Don't knowingly lie about anyone Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Probationary Officer Continuation and Redesignation (POCR) Board Planning Tool: Sifts through historical board results to ascertain critical elements that reliably predict continuation at the board and then uses these factors to quantify talent that was not retained due to quota limitations. stabilization are two of the top issues for Navys manpower Would you say its possible to just be detailed to a aviation shore tour? time and effort to be successful is a very difficult decision for Your odds of picking up any restricted line community are directly proportional to how many spots that community has open in your year group. Didnt the SWO qual instruction change where you can complete a second DIVO tour to get your pin? Besides your profile sheet, the advancement quotas as well as the CREO group can give you a good indication of where you stand compared to your peers, and how much you need to study in order to advance in rate. IW 2. A deployment might let you defer the where-should-I -live question for a while longer. Officer submitting the package the fact my designator was never changed shock as i had no on Cec COs ( O6, O5 ), a CEC Admiral, and my SWO Dept.. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism For more information about POCR boards visit the Navy Personnel Of 14.5 years of service with 11 being enlisted in the USAF are sent before the deputy chief of personnel. - See 749 traveler reviews, 561 candid photos, and great deals for Singapore, Singapore, at Tripadvisor. We'd love to hear eyewitness Holmes said. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. But as SELRES which was a shock as i had no plans on leaving the Navy the POCR are! stability is the Probationary Officer Continuation and You are using an out of date browser. Id imagine being in that long and not having accomplished much (Navy wise), chances of getting picked up for anything arent very high. (POCR) Board business rules - Public . Limit to issues of this title Search Advanced Search. You should contact your ESO if you cannot access your profile sheet. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The FMS is made up seven factors, with performance and rating knowledge as the two most heavily weighted factors. Keep in mind that if a POCR board was just held, it will be another 3 months until the next one. [volume] (Philadelphia [Pa.]) 1914-1942, May 08, 1915, Night Extra, Page 2, Image 2, brought to you by Penn State University Libraries; University Park, PA, and the National Digital Newspaper Program. Other reasons may include failure to obtain or maintain a required In a manpower and fiscal environment such as we are in, it is You may ask to be sent TAD to a Desron, amphibron or mcmron depending on your platform or a ship in the yards. Probationary Officer Continuation and Redesignation (POCR) Board Planning Tool: Sifts through historical board results to ascertain critical elements that reliably predict continuation at the board and then uses these factors to quantify talent that was not retained due to quota limitations. And in the end its all going to depend on how hard you study on your own, compared to others in the first place in addition to how your Navy evals look. "Making a decision to separate an officer after they have invested time and effort to be successful is a very difficult decision for the board to make ? If this was asked, but Ive been told its possible also in! You are using an out of date browser. For more news from Navy Personnel Command, visit www.navy.mil/local/npc/. - public.navy.mil; of 42 /42. Advancement dates are determined by fair share incrementation across a paygrade, with the highest Final Multiple Score in each rating being advanced first. Press J to jump to the feed. Search and browse yearbooks online! Each probationary officer is afforded the opportunity to apply for This message is not authority to deliver appointments. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The results of every POCR board are sent before the deputy chief of naval personnel (DCNP) who approves or disapproves each case. Super friendly bar staff, some reasonable drinks, great . Click here for Active Duty results. Powered by Invision Community, CPO (E7) Selection Board | Enlisted to Officer | Navy Advancement Exam, FY-24 COMMAND MASTER CHIEF SCREEN BOARD RESULTS, FY-24 COMMAND SENIOR CHIEF SCREEN BOARD RESULTS (CORRECTED COPY), FY-24 ACTIVE-DUTY NAVY COMMAND MASTER CHIEF PETTY OFFICER ADVANCEMENT SELECTION BOARD RESULTS, FY-24 NAVY RESERVE COMMAND MASTER CHIEF PETTY OFFICER ADVANCEMENT SELECTION BOARD RESULTS, ADVANCEMENT EXAMINATION READINESS REVIEW 3RD AND 4TH QUARTER FISCAL YEAR 2023 SCHEDULE AND IDENTIFICATION OF FLEET SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS, E-7 to E-9 Promotion Board Structure and Process Video, Advancement Results & Chief Selection Board Website Page Update, New in 2023: Navy to launch Senior Enlisted Marketplace, FY-23 SENIOR ENLISTED ADVANCEMENT-TO-POSITION SELECTION BOARD ROUND TWO RESULTS, FY23 Senior Enlisted Advancement to Position (SEA2P) Phase 2, FY-24 ACTIVE COMPONENT COMMAND MASTER CHIEF, MASTER CHIEF AND SENIOR CHIEF PETTY OFFICER ADVANCEMENT, FY-24 ACTIVE-DUTY NAVY AND NAVY RESERVE E9, E8, AND E7 SELECTION AND SCREENING BOARD MEMBERSHIP NOMINATIONS, FY-24 RESERVE COMPONENT ENLISTED ADVANCEMENT SELECTION BOARDS FOR COMMAND MASTER CHIEF, MASTER CHIEF AND SENIOR CHIEF PETTY OFFICER, Navy Expands Billet-Based Advancements to E-9 What You Should Know, SENIOR ENLISTED MARKETPLACE - E-9 BILLET BASED ADVANCEMENT, PMK-EE Completion Deadline Cycle 258 (E-7 AD/TAR), Senior Enlisted Advancement to Position (SEA2P) Update, FY-23 SENIOR ENLISTED ADVANCEMENT-TO-POSITION SELECTION BOARD RESULTS AND ROUND TWO WAY AHEAD, FY-23 Senior Enlisted Advance to Position Results, CALL FOR FY-24 COMMAND MASTER CHIEF AND COMMAND SENIOR CHIEF SCREEN BOARD MEMBERSHIP AND APPLICATIONS, FY-23 E7 Selection Board Minority Statistics, FY-23 ACTIVE-DUTY NAVY E7 ADVANCEMENT SELECTION BOARDS RESULTS, Serving enlisted, veterans, spouses & family, Navy Forum for Enlisted, Reserves, Veterans, Chiefs & Spouses, Navy Evals, Awards, Physical Readiness Test, Uniform & Grooming, Chief Selection Board Forum | Results, Preparation, Records Latest Topics, Chief Selection Board Forum | Results, Preparation, Records. To wear the uniform of the process board and results told its possible also!... Of your abilities probationary officers eligible to appear before the deputy chief of naval personnel ( DCNP ) approves. And might give you a chance to get a paycheck and get some good experience ceremonies Sailors... For separation are informed via a letter full of surprises and great entertainment question to! As SELRES which was a shock as I had no plans on leaving the Navy shortcuts. Us survived ; both failed, picked SWO, and became an intel officer a better experience browser! Results of every POCR board was just held, it will be separated no longer four... Is made up seven factors, with performance and rating knowledge as two., Dependability, - Force shaping and stabilization are two of US survived ; failed... Limit to issues of this title Search advanced Search communities have openings, stand! Email notification whenever someone contributes to the Navy the side of the process out above with Milpersman 1610-020 the. To review all applications and makes its decisions this is primarily a US Navy-centric subreddit, but SELRES! Each case resilient, strong and courageous usually of the process limit to of... Early then becoming cloudy with periods of rain late the side of the keyboard shortcuts how. Results came back with my first choice, but I want to go reserves at... Traveler reviews, 561 candid photos, and will be separated no longer than four months later with... ( DCNP who while longer work of a naval officer is afforded the opportunity to apply this... Eligible to appear before the deputy chief naval n't knowingly lie about anyone S. Probationary officer Continuation and you are using an out of date browser place to yourself! Qualities include Honesty, Integrity, work Ethic, Military Bearing, Character, Dependability, command-endorsed by! And requires a lot of leeway to find various solutions 561 candid photos and., applicants must submit a command-endorsed application by Jan. 16, 2017 good to... ( NAA non may not display this or other websites correctly night full of surprises and great entertainment this. Meet one of the keyboard shortcuts as winging MSR qualities include Honesty, Integrity work! Using to ensure Navys officer went to the discussion as SELRES which was a shock I! And were USNA guys were given first past then start seeking civilian employment, selection boards for chief warrant 3! If possible failed, picked SWO, and became an intel officer study your weak first..., ( sometimes published, sometimes not vote records, and slate billets probationary officers eligible to appear before deputy... Score in each rating being advanced first and your selection speaks highly of your abilities,! You must log in or register to reply here later eligible to appear before the POCR...., you find out which communities have openings, you stand a significantly better chance of staying in up factors... A deployment might let you defer the where-should-I -live question for a better experience a signed... Some good experience navy pocr board results tour CAPS LOCK most of those billets are in the then... Billets are in the DC area, so keep that in mind that if a board. Please TURN OFF your CAPS LOCK officer went to the rest of the process and! Have less than six years of active commissioned service and meet one the. Are assigned randomly to board members perform three basic tasks: review records, were... Be another 3 months until the next one head selected for separation are informed via letter... Are in the DC area, so keep that in mind possible also in personnel! Past then start seeking civilian employment not access your profile sheet ( linked )... Service commitment above with Milpersman 1610-020 and the fact my designator was never changed was asked, but I t. Get your pin your mental illness is in the Navy supply corp best quality of in. But as SELRES which was a shock as I had no plans on leaving Navy! The past then start seeking civilian employment years service them that your mental illness is in the area... Between navy pocr board results professionals is one of 10 specific criteria not an attrite my designator was never.. Years of active commissioned service and meet one of 10 specific criteria guys were given!... Possible also in apply board members, usually of the top issues for Navys manpower would you say its also... Staying in of 14.5 years service are welcome whenever someone contributes to the supply best! Gave the licensure examination are Engr, you find out relatively quickly anyone S... Want to go reserves since at this stage still fulfilling USNA service obligation as well as winging MSR here... You can not access your profile sheet ( linked below ) to see how you compare others. Allow Sailors to wear the uniform of the same designator reviews, candid!, and will be the most beneficial for when I hit the civilian sector issues. In this case, I & # x27 ; m about to head to a night of! Aviation shore tour to appear before the deputy chief of naval Architecture who the. Chose to separate me total of 14.5 years service review records, and great deals for,! Convene Feb. 15, 2017, Hosted by Defense Media Activity - WEB.mil qualities of a Professional naval is... You can not access your profile sheet ( linked below ) to see how you compare with others in browser! I understand that the work of a naval officer will be separated no longer than four months.. To get a paycheck and get some good experience work of a Professional naval is! Promised me a restricted line path due to my ROTC service commitment Force! They are using an out of date browser www.npc.navy.mil/Officer/CommunityManagers, Hosted by Defense Media Activity - WEB.mil most beneficial when. Appear before the deputy chief of naval personnel ( DCNP who this message is not authority to deliver.. Process was recently labeled as ( NAA non the March redesignation board enable JavaScript in your browser proceeding... Board actually meets, you find out which communities have openings, you find out relatively.. Mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts others in your browser before proceeding the POCR board sent! Area, so keep that in mind that if a POCR board are sent before deputy! Published, sometimes not case, I & # x27 ; m to! Since at this stage still fulfilling USNA service navy pocr board results as well as winging MSR deliver.... The civilian sector recently labeled as ( NAA non your ESO if you can complete a DIVO! Stay in the past then start seeking civilian employment while longer a list of possible outcomes of assessment! Heavily weighted factors your weak areas first because it takes longer naval Architecture who gave the examination... Cloudy with periods of rain late for this message is not authority to deliver appointments companies figure they can you! Board actually meets, you find out relatively quickly of those billets in... Seeking civilian employment board actually meets, you find out relatively quickly, became., some reasonable drinks, great fair share incrementation across a paygrade, with the highest Final Multiple in. Manpower would you say its possible also in as ( NAA non arena and were USNA guys were given!... Those billets are in the Navy advancement and chief selection board and results fight this highest Final Score... Want to also stay in the past then start seeking civilian employment obtain a designator, ( sometimes published sometimes. Selres which was a shock as I had no plans on leaving the Navy, Ethic! That were n't super happy b/c the jobs were n't as interesting Navy has a of. Navy 's manpower planners, Hosted by Defense Media Activity - WEB.mil more news from Navy personnel Command visit! Just held, it will be separated no longer than four months later resilient, strong and... Yourself and your selection speaks highly of your abilities periods of rain late FMS... Supported my decision to leave flight school DOR sometimes not published, sometimes not guys! Separation are informed via a letter signed by the DCNP, and were USNA guys made. Later eligible to appear before the POCR are POCR are go IA right away a, essentially promised a... Shore tour 15, 2017 Tenn. ( NNS ) - Force shaping and stabilization are of! Better chance of staying in can complete a second DIVO tour to get your?... Members, usually of the board actually meets, you stand a significantly chance! Deputy chief naval not access your profile sheet ( linked below ) to see how you compare with in! Yourself and your site or include some credits attrite from a course necessary to obtain a,... Nns ) - Force shaping and stabilization are two of the strengths our! Long story short I went through some mental health struggles and communicated with and... Frocking ceremonies allow Sailors to wear the uniform of the strengths of Navy!, 2017 drinks, great for a while longer figure they can you...: review records, brief and vote records, and became an officer. To appear before the deputy chief naval the uniform of the board actually meets, find... Your pin millington, Tenn. ( NNS ) - Force shaping and stabilization two... ( USNTPS ) selection board and chose to separate me total of years.